• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Literally went from page 1017 to page 1018 and @ Macchiato Macchiato changed mains again.

Man, return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Amazing Mirror are some of the best Kirby games. I'm gonna try picking up Rainbow Curse one of these days.

Though I say all of that, Dreamland 3 is up there and it probably has my favorite soundtrack. Kirby games tier list incoming

Top tier
---
Return to Dreamland
Super Star Ultra

High tier
---
Triple Deluxe
Amazing Mirror
Nightmare in Dreamland
Dreamland 3
Super Star
Canvas Curse

Mid tier
---
Adventure
Dreamland
Kirby 64
Squeak Squad

10/10 it's okay tier
---
Dreamland 2

Warioland 2 tier
---
Epic Yarn

Games not on this list are games I haven't played.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Literally went from page 1017 to page 1018 and @ Macchiato Macchiato changed mains again.

Man, return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Amazing Mirror are some of the best Kirby games. I'm gonna try picking up Rainbow Curse one of these days.

Though I say all of that, Dreamland 3 is up there and it probably has my favorite soundtrack. Kirby games tier list incoming

Top tier
---
Return to Dreamland
Super Star Ultra

High tier
---
Triple Deluxe
Amazing Mirror
Nightmare in Dreamland
Dreamland 3
Super Star
Canvas Curse

Mid tier
---
Adventure
Dreamland
Kirby 64
Squeak Squad

10/10 it's okay tier
---
Dreamland 2

Warioland 2 tier
---
Epic Yarn

Games not on this list are games I haven't played.
Mass Attack is dirt tier

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
How do we win if we aren't getting your likes?
Good point. Maybe I'll turn into @Metalbro and like every post from page one. :awesome:

I might actually go back some other time since I really hate missing the gifs and jokes.
Sheik is close to being unplayable with ****ing lag ugh.
I can totally agree with this. I tried the other day and couldn't do hardly anything at all.
Can someone get me the Zelda kicking Sonic gif pls it isn't in the Zeldaganda page
tp69BkP.gif

I hope this works on mobile.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just spent $60 on a Jigglypuff amiibo. What am I doing with my life?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Um, it's not even worth trying. It's 100:0 Rosalina:Villager because Rosalina can absorb his projectiles and outranges him. Oh and because Rosalina is a better character. So bye.
Well i want to know as much as i can before giving a verbal smackdown if needed

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Thank you Rickster stay based sis!

image.jpg

You sure? I thought I had put it in under Zelda, Sonic, and DK yesterday. Maybe it didn't load or something. I'll try and get it in once my computer's available.
Or I could've just completely missed it, I wasn't looking very hard :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Breaking the usmash habit is the hardest thing ever

I liked Rosalina more when I didn't know both usmashes connecting did 18%, usually it's only her or only Luma so the damage isn't anywhere near that good and it's getting me punished so much, but I can't stop going for it now ;_;

brb dying from alcohol poisoning

Jk sis. Have fun with her
For two hours tops.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Breaking the usmash habit is the hardest thing ever

I liked Rosalina more when I didn't know both usmashes connecting did 18%, usually it's only her or only Luma so the damage isn't anywhere near that good and it's getting me punished so much, but I can't stop going for it now ;_;
I have your old habit where I use utilt way too much. I'm so used to having Luma with me that I use SoRo's utilt, forgetting there's no hitboxes in front of me, and I get punished. ;-;

For real, Luma's insane frame 3 utilt saves my *** way more often than I'd like to admit.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have your old habit where I use utilt way too much. I'm so used to having Luma with me that I use SoRo's utilt, forgetting there's no hitboxes in front of me, and I get punished. ;-;

For real, Luma's insane frame 3 utilt saves my *** way more often than I'd like to admit.
I've been doing that with SoRo now too when trying to break the usmash habit. "No don't do usmash you're gonna get punished do uti-wait Luma's dead **** no stop aaaaaa"

It's all downhill from here I guess. :drsad:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Can I make a Zeldaganda request?
It'd be amazing if someone photoshopped Zelda's face onto the woman's face in the gif. The man on the floor could be either Irrelevina, Diddy, or Cancer. The woman holding the man down could be anyone.
tumblr_my1i6kXqNM1qasjkvo1_250.gif
tysm ily u all

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just searched the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST. Holy crap. This preview from Hiroyuki Sawano is beautiful.

My ears when they listened to this OST:

Edit: I feel like I'm going to cry from joy from hearing this beautiful OST. ;w;

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It'd be amazing if someone photoshopped Zelda's face onto the woman's face in the gif. The man on the floor could be either Irrelevina, Diddy, or Cancer. The woman holding the man down could be anyone.
tysm ily u all
your fetish make no sense

Soul.

Macchiato switched to Rosalina.
lmao time to watch "you stole my amiibo" videos on YouTube.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
hmm

I'm not shielding enough.

Ever since I started using usmash more on Rosalina I've just been trying to beat out attacks (with a laggy af attack) instead of shielding them. It gets me punished more, it's usually a worse punish than what grab or shielddrop jab would get me, and it's only been making it harder to kill (I have people living to 180%+ so much and getting dumb ~70% rage kills on me)

I need to go back to my old habit of utilt antiair too, the disjoint is much better than usmash with less startup and less endlag (can actually punish airdodges after utilt, but they're safe after usmash)

This is a pretty interesting read. I've got some thoughts on some of your changes:

:4luigi:Fair doesn't have a sweetspot and is his weakest aerial, did you mean bair? I don't think fireball nerfs are warranted if dthrow's combo potential is nerfed; the character has no approach and his slipperiness gives him a horrible time trying to punish even moderate strength attacks on his shield, giving him the one low-commitment projectile in the game to help him out in neutral seems fair.

:4peach:I believe dtilt is designed with the intent of being techable to limit Peach's combo game; she has rather powerful aerials, including her fair which is a potent kill move. Dtilt having a ton of range, being fairly safe, and comboing into these things is likely something they didn't want to be 100% guaranteed but wanted to keep in as an option. Replacing the far hit with a trip could be interesting, but I'm not well-versed enough in the character to say if it'd be better or worse for her than the move's current function.

:4dk:His ftilt, utilt, dtilt, fsmash, dsmash, usmash, and uair all make his limbs/head invincible already lol

:4diddy:Are the uair nerfs implied?

:4zelda:Reducing nair's landing lag would make ff nair>FW a free kill combo at ~60% and would take a lot of risk out of the character's early kills without mitigating reward.

:4sheik:Fair has landing lag, the reason it gets away with all the dumb stuff it does is because it has a frame 11 autocancel (lol). The problem I see with balancing the move is, if it doesn't start strings it's going to be worthless because its damage is pathetic.

:4ganondorf:Armor on dsmash/fsmash/utilt could be fun; keep it off usmash though, that move only has 20 frames of endlag, has forward disjoint, and is safe on shield on top of its ridiculous damage and kill power. I'm really leery of superarmor on sideB, the typical answer to superarmor is grabs but you can't shieldgrab a command grab...if he needed a superarmor approach move I'd consider Wizard's Foot for it - from Sakurai's design viewpoint that'd likely be too abusable at casual levels of play though.

Everything else I either agree with, wouldn't object to, or don't know what I would do with the character myself anyway (see: Bowser Jr). :drshrug:
K here goes:

About Luigi: I guess you're right. Doesn't really make that much of a difference I guess And oh I was talking about Fair and Nair's sweetspot. I still think Fair does too much damage for the move's frame data, though.

About Peach: I guess that does make sense too. I think her Fair is unexpectedly powerful in this game, but I'm also not sure how much it would hurt her (read: probly a lot) if it was slightly nerfed. She does have quite a bit of kill options in this game, though, so maybe it wouldn't hurt her as much.

About DK: Then dunno LOL.

About Diddy: Didn't I write up nerfs to his uair? I was sure I did. Anyways yeah more BKB, less KBG on uair, and the hitbox shouldn't be as ridiculously big as it is currently.

About Zelda: The thing is, Zelda would still have trouble getting in because Zelda. Even if nair-FW was a guaranteed finisher, I don't think that's necessarily too bad since she still retains most of her weaknesses. I don't thikn giving Zelda a kill confirm would be as terrible since 90% of her moveset is already really unsafe anyways. At least Nair shouldn't have the ridiculous amount of landing lag it does have.

About Sheik: I fail to see how a frame 3 move that is as disjointed as Sheik's fair is would end up being useless if it couldn't chain into itself more than three times. Seriously, frame 3, disjointed. Maybe up the damage by like 1% but that move is still ridiculous as ****.

About Ganon: I didn't say superarmor on Side B, though. More like the kind of armor Snake had on his Cypher, which was like a 7% armor or something like that. The idea is that some tilts and smashes could still cancel it out but not long-lasting multihit moves, etc. Superarmor on Wizard's Foot sounds okay I guess. The move is kinda difficult to intercept with an attack in any case.

Heck, tbh, if it was up to me I'd completely redesign Ganon and Zelda to make them more loyal to their respective incarnations (and more useful as well). In that vein, Ganon would be able to levitate, use magic projectiles, and would have a sword. But that's borderline fanwank so I'm not going there...

Other character thoughts:

:4palutena:: Fix her tilts not to be weird long-lasting multihits, but single hit faster attacks instead. The animations are fine, it's just that her staff doesn't have to do so many turns. Also, change Reflect Barrier to neutral B, Super Speed to regular Side-B, and Auto-Reticle to Down-B. Lightweight is broken as **** so I won't even talk about that one.

:4wiifit:: Giving her more range comparable to C. Falcon's attacks (but not jab lol) would honestly make her a very good character. F-smash, D-smash, F-air (!!!), B-air, U-tilt, D-tilt (could have a range similar to Villager's), and maaaaybe F-tilt's front hitboxes need to have an extra hit bubble. Maybe give them all a sweetspot when closer to WFT a la Roy, but the extra range would help so much. I'd be wary of giving U-smash more vertical reach, but it should at least have sourspot hitboxes to the sides like Marth's and Peach's.

:4sonic:: Goodbye kill throws. Goodbye super strong u-smash. I think giving him an armor of like 4% on Spin Dash could help him out with zoners (cough Megaman) if you took away his killpower in lieu of the hit and run.

:4megaman:: Nair's initial hitbox that's close to MM's body honestly shouldn't be there in the first place. Same thing for jab. Focus on the projectiles for the hitboxes and his melee attacks for CQC, I don't see why nair and jab should do both while also keeping closing opponents away.

:4metaknight:: Slightly more range on his smashes wouldn't hurt.

:4tlink:: Give him his b-air strings back, maybe dealing less damage, but he needs more combos in order to be a good character in comparison to Link.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
tysm ily u all
I'll do it gorl. Give me half an hour to an hour :^)

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Don't think it's much of a "main" anymore. But then again, I've been guilty of jumping between some of my secondaries being my "main" before settling on MM.

Mainly to enjoy people's displeasure when I use Sonic or Zelda. :3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, I just wondered something, what if Fox had SSB4 Falco's/Brawl Wolf's Bair? Same power, hit frames, and all. Also, what if Zelda's Bair and/or Fair were changed to SSB4 Falco's/Brawl Wolf's Bair? No longer sweet-spots, the range is the same as her current Bair and Fair while having same power, hit frames, and all as SSB4 Falco's/Brawl Wolf's Bair.

Did I just create two monsters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom