• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda+Sheik Matchup Listing

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meh, I've been saying 55:45 for a long time, but Marth players I talk to keep saying "no."

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I can't see it being that close to tell you the truth.

Sheik is all about combos and marth up B stop almost all of them thus the match up is bad. If sheik had some sort of trait that allowed her to take advantage of one of marths then I could see some lean way but she doesn't. Then again, I've fought like 2 marths offline so far and we all know marth is a completely new monster without any sort of delay.

Please enlighten me as in how sheik can almost go even with a marth of equal skill.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Depends on if the Marth knows what to do vs Sheik (which is usually not often).

If you play a campy, waiting Marth you will probably be able to run all over him through aggression. You could even make him approach with needles, but chances are he won't know where to put his sword to keep Sheik out since he will still remain relatively defensive.

Unfortunately, Sheik has very limited options vs a Marth who is safely aggro'ng you. Marth's dtilt destroys Sheik's entire ground game and will be used to bait rolls, don't fall into it. When you're being zoned the best option is to probably dash once backwards to reset the situation and reevaluate from there.

Marth can't get out of two ftilts > follow up, so just rely on that and don't get greedy with more tilts. Ftilt > up smash will kill relatively early if you are able to degenerate it throughout the stock, but this is one of the match ups where it will be pretty hard for Sheik. If you ever get Marth off stage try your best to be able to capitalize, she definitely has the weapons to gimp Marth. Also grab a lot if you can and get Marth above you where he has very limited options.

If the Marth has experience in the match up it's still 60 40, it all comes down to his zoning which makes it tough for Sheik. Do your best to try and not get zoned.

Snakeee

Smash Master
A lot of what I'm doing now is power shielding Marth's assaults and countering with what seems to work. I actually dash right at Marth a lot, and usually power shield out of it to whatever he responds with. I can often get close enough where I can dash grab him, or for f-airs I'll usually just f-air (or n-air) back.

Btw, careful if you try to use the chain to edgeguard Marth if he knows what to do....His up B will beat it from off the stage.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik does just fine against Marth. This entirely depends on what you abuse, though. In other words, she's good against Marth, but in a rather underpowered way.

Also, understanding the limitations of "combos" in this game and not doing stupid things that let you get Up+B'd every ten seconds helps, too.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I personally see it as 60:40 favor for Marth.

Sheik's attacks rely a lot on stringing together attacks, and Marth can break out of it easily (UpB most of all). But then again, Sheik has the speed to bait a UpB and punish.

Then again, Marth has better spacing. -_-;

Top Bottom