• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda + pressure

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I find Zelda can be easily pressured by fast attackers...
I just ***** by a Fox once when he got me into the air and....errr.
Campy Peaches are also hard to deal with. I vaguely remember fighting Villi's peach once and all I saw were turnips all around the place...

Sometimes I try dsmashing them away but then they just get to me again LOL.

What do you guys do?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
peach is rediculously hard for zelda if you don't know how to respond to her baiting game safely.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
tell me about it lol. The Peach was just floating up there away from Zelda's usmash range and was waiting for me to make the move. I tried to Din her down but she f-aired through my Dins and hit me to my death...

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Zelda's air game is terrible. The solution is to just stay on the ground. If you're in the air, find the fastest way to the ground.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Cuz she would probably detect it (has a lot of startup lag), float away, and I'd be .

lol...this applies to all characters who can easily pressure Zelda XD

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Zelda's air game compared to Peach is awful. Don't bother to pressure Peach during aerial games because you'll lose. Look to open against her when she doesn't have a turnip available, and watch out for glidetoss.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Yeah I started Nyaruing her glide toss cuz I got to her tactics. Glide toss -> d-air. Nayru's turnip + no follow up

The match against Fox was a while ago when I didn't use Shiek, but now I do. Though I haven't played any Foxes lately...I'd really like to try to ftilt him lol. btw, can you start locking him at 0% or wait to 30%?

And errr...the match was on wifi and there was lag so I couldn't move my Zelda very well T_T

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Most faster characters have to get close to Zelda in order to pull off devastating attack combinations.

Zelda has two moves that can help counter, & keep distance.
-Nayru's Love
-D-smash

Use those accordingly, & don't be predictable.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I seem to have trouble with Wolf and Marth mostly.
They pressure me alot
Wolf with his spamming Side Smash...Marth with his fast/high priority moves.
I try to avoid getting beat like a ragdoll by these two...but it doesnt work most of the time.
How do yall deal wit them?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I seem to have trouble with Wolf and Marth mostly.
They pressure me alot
Wolf with his spamming Side Smash...Marth with his fast/high priority moves.
I try to avoid getting beat like a ragdoll by these two...but it doesnt work most of the time.
How do yall deal wit them?
As DM stated, your best bet is to memorize the distance & lags of specific attacks.
Try to avoid them & toss em around with attacks like Nayru's.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yeah I started Nyaruing her glide toss cuz I got to her tactics. Glide toss -> d-air. Nayru's turnip + no follow up

The match against Fox was a while ago when I didn't use Shiek, but now I do. Though I haven't played any Foxes lately...I'd really like to try to ftilt him lol. btw, can you start locking him at 0% or wait to 30%?
And errr...the match was on wifi and there was lag so I couldn't move my Zelda very well T_T
Wait till 40%. If you use it before then, they can powershield in between hits and punish you. After 40% he'll be in the air and if you do it right, he's pretty much dead.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Peach cannot pressure with Dair ;3
Anyone with a fast enough U-smash out of their shield will shut it down, for instance, Zelda's U-smash OoS does wonderfully against Dair. D=
Why don't you try to relocate yourself :o

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
^ohhh alright. I remember someone saying you can tilt lock him a 0% >__>

and I wouldn't use Zelda for Wolf...his fsmash is annoying, but once you get used to it and figure out his tactics you can punish. But seriously...I find Shiek's tilt lock more effective on Wolf.

Marth is a pain aswell, for Zelda and Shiek....

-Mars-

Smash Hero
^ohhh alright. I remember someone saying you can tilt lock him a 0% >__>

and I wouldn't use Zelda for Wolf...his fsmash is annoying, but once you get used to it and figure out his tactics you can punish. But seriously...I find Shiek's tilt lock more effective on Wolf.

Marth is a pain aswell, for Zelda and Shiek....
Sheik ***** Wolf off the stage and on the stage........I think that matchup is 60:40 Sheik.

I have a lot of experience in the Marth matchup and I always go Sheik. I almost always never switch to Zelda for kills as she can't even get inside of him. Sheik also has easy gimp opportunities against Marth with the chain and the deal with him up b'ing out of the ftilt is not a serious problem either. Sheik certainly doesn't go even with Marth, but Marth eats Zelda alive.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I thought they had it as 70:30 Shiek...and for Fox 80:20 Shiek...

I never really tried Shiek with Marth, I'll try next time (Thank god a lot of ppl that I fight aren't Marths). But yeah, it's freaking hard to win against a good Marth with Zelda T_T

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I thought they had it as 70:30 Shiek...and for Fox 80:20 Shiek...

I never really tried Shiek with Marth, I'll try next time (Thank god a lot of ppl that I fight aren't Marths). But yeah, it's freaking hard to win against a good Marth with Zelda T_T
I'd debate both of those numbers. If they properly DI behind Sheik she either has to finish with utilt or turn around and ftilt. In that time she turns around to ftilt, there's a small window where they can DI to the ground and escape. *shrugs* go watch some vids of Ankoku playing Omniswell, i've never seen an instance where he zero to deaths Omniswell.

Besides the ftilt, Fox and Wolf have a lot of options against Sheik that they can exploit including the ability to kill her at insane percentages. I guarantee tournament level Wolf and Fox players won't be getting three stocked against Sheiks, even though that matchup ratio would almost suggest that notion.

Top Bottom