• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zelda Patch and Changes Discussion Thread

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Bayonetta's 0 to deaths are gone, but the combo ability is still there. Also, hitboxes are no longer as big. I say it's 60:40.
Edit: But there may be more considering how big the patch update is.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I was actually referencing a little joke to how some Zelda was saying that we beat Bayo 65:35

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
I was actually referencing a little joke to how some Zelda was saying that we beat Bayo 65:35
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH IN OUR DREAMS MAYBE. But seriously, this only makes fighting Bayonetta slightly easier. Who knows, there may be more than what the modders are saying. 61 MBs just for a nerfed Bayonetta? Come on now.

So it seems the smaller hitboxes actually are a huge nerf. Up Tilt can beat Afterburner Kick Dive now.

*Sigh* Looks like I have to edit my Smashboards Thread on how Zelda can beat Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Copy paste.

We'll probably get a patch next month or two with the rest of the character. It's really likely that they prioritized Bayonetta given the outcry and controversy, and the huge swath of FG wins Bayo started pulling in on wi-fi.

frest123

Smash Cadet
You seem to be implying PM Zelda wasn't good. Although, to be fair, every character was good in Project M
I'm just so confused on why you think Project M, a mod that adjusts everything to be exactly as fans would want it, would be a serious consideration of a "great" incarnation of Zelda... We might as well throw in SSF2 in there too then. Oh and Brawl Minus while we're at it.

Anyways I digress. I'm pretty happy that Bayo got nerfed but Zelda still needs help with her other tough MUs... Just buff her goddamnit

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
HOLD ON A SECOND, THERE MAY STILL BE A CHANCE!

You know, Nintendo never releases everything when they know dataminers are gonna snoop through it. So they may have only release Bayonetta changes, when in reality, there could be tons of other changes. There's still hope, gorls! Also, maintenance tonight.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
HOLD ON A SECOND, THERE MAY STILL BE A CHANCE!

You know, Nintendo never releases everything when they know dataminers are gonna snoop through it. So they may have only release Bayonetta changes, when in reality, there could be tons of other changes. There's still hope, gorls! Also, maintenance tonight.
Maybe... here's hoping for my dream that Lighting Kicks come out frame 1 is true! JK.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Well if Zelda does get a pointless damage buff at least she could be a great at flying offstage. :)

Or she could get

-Lightning Kick buffs (increased hitbox and decreased cool down)
-Shield Cancelable Phantom
-Any Dins Buff

But I guess those odds could be possible or not. No?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Well if Zelda does get a pointless damage buff at least she could be a great at flying offstage. :)

Or she could get

-Lightning Kick buffs (increased hitbox and decreased cool down)
-Shield Cancelable Phantom
-Any Dins Buff

But I guess those odds could be possible or not. No?
Now that I think about it, WHY isn't Phantom Slash shield cancel able?! Kinda silly.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Now that I think about it, WHY isn't Phantom Slash shield cancel able?! Kinda silly.
I've been wondering the same thing for quite a while. I mean it would solely make up for how long you have to charge it. Plus you wouldn't get punished nearly as easily. Especially if you were able to act out of it right after you send it after charging. That's literally like the easiest buff to give.

D

Deleted member

Because the developers obviously think that Zelda's projectiles are super good just as they are since they deal high knockback.

...Of course that doesn't really matter when you're never going to hit with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The irony is that there are still tons of projectiles that have even better KB then Zelda's AND they have a much better chance of hitting the opponent. I mean don't get me wrong they are strong when you hit (read: lol) but there's still some lacking reward from them...

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I think DinsFire is so sluggish, that when im shooting it at someone in the air ,its soooo slow that people miscalculate when the heck the hitbox actually comes out and just airdodge too early and get hit by it. Its a strange feeling. Though there isn't much for the team can do for that move without compromising the 'balance' of FFA idk....Well thats what i tell myself at least.

A sensible DinsFire buff for me and my theory personally would be if the 'ledge grab cancle' window was made, at least, the same as sheik with Her side-B...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think we all know at this point that Din's isn't going to change, but honestly I wouldn't even care if they just made it function like Charge Shot or Shadow Ball (i.e. charge, store, shoot.) Yeah it wouldn't be "unique" anymore but who cares, at least it would be useful.

Then if they decreased the Phantom's end lag, made the charge shield cancel-able, made it stronger at the lowest charge level, made the two hits at max charge connect more reliably, and increased its health to like 18%, we'd have two solid projectiles to use.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's really sad how close Phantom is to being a good move. Just why why why did they make it a five million frame commitment just for hitting the button?

There isn't really any other move like it in the game either. It would've really stood out. :ohwell:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
There is merit to Din's Fire getting the Burst Grenade ledge-snapping aerial endlag. At least maybe so you can save yourself from the accidental ledge slide off and lolSD. I think I remember commenting on it needing that ages ago, but admittedly I forgot about it.

D

Deleted member

Or just get rid of the damn free fall altogether. I'll never understand why there are any non-recovery moves that send characters into free fall. It's a completely idiotic design choice.

Is there any rhyme or reason for these changes?

For the most part they look like lazy number changes that gives her overall better frame data. (See smash attack ot tilt changes)
Almost none of which really address her problems or her kit's problems.

Overall these changes don't balance her so much as trying to make her a shiek that kills

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Here we go again...

The fall speed and weight adjustments will make her get combo'd a lot worse, which we do not need at all. The fall speed will also really screw up her already terrible autocancel windows.

The Smash Attack buffs really aren't needed. They're already powerful. 2 frames off of them is a little more reasonable though, especially Usmash and Dsmash.

Din's Fire is a lost cause, and 30% off Farore's is straight up ridiculous. I think it's fine how it is considering the utility and kill power it has.

Her tilts are fine how they are now. Only Dtilt really needs adjustments. Like more damage/knockback. Or just a flat 3 frame reduction. Also fix Ftilt's blindspot pls

The run speed is a bit much. Peach's speed is 1.4xxx. Zelda is meant to be slow but powerful, and 1.6 is way to fast for that design.

The Phantom buffs are somewhat agreeable. I would adjust the numbers a bit though.

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
My revised changes. Thank you Rickster Rickster for the suggestions.
  • Running speed is raised from 1.3 to 1.45
  • Farore's Wind (Up B) has 20% less end lag
  • Din's Fire (Side B) has 30% less start lag, 20% less end lag, 20% faster projectile speed.
  • Din's Fire (Side B) has 40% larger hitbox, and inflicts (half) splash damage in the outer radius
  • All smash attacks have 2 frames less less end lag
  • Down tilt inflicts 4 more damage and has lower base knockback ; higher multiplier
  • Aerial attacks all have a slightly larger hitbox range
  • Phantom Slash (Down B) has 20% faster charging speed and the Phantom has 20 HP instead of 13

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't think a lone thread is really necessary for this discussion when the Zelda patch discussion thread pretty much covers Zelda change/buff talk already, so I've merged the posts into this thread, just so you know greatbernard greatbernard (• -)b

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think you mean lower base knockback? allows for better follow-ups but still has better shield/hit stun
Actually there is merit to higher base, mostly for the higher hitstun, but with 4 more damage, Dtilt would really need some sort of KB scaling decrease first and only. Otherwise due to how the KB equation works, Dtilt would kill an insane amount earlier.

It would be pretty neat if Dtilt went from 5.5% to 7.5%.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Dtilt is fine as it is tho
We're just Zeldas so we deal with it as it is, but it's just bad in a lot of ways compared to other Dtilts tbh. (Underpowered range, damage, and probably even endlag)

If it could do more substantial damage (Like 7.5%) then I'd take it.

Top Bottom