• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Reads:

Don't look at Gova's posts in case they out me

P.s. I have a safe claim.
Scum has no option but to claim VT and make up (or guess) a character. It's the only way to not out themselves.

We claim, and look at anyone who's VT.
Oh yeah.

The Happy Mask Salesman, VT

Gonna re-read soon. Have to do full reads in so many games >_<
Where's that safe claim you have? That VT claim isn't safe, and you were the one who said so...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Right, but you said that VT is what we need to look at for scum.

Which means claiming VT isn't safe.

Where's your safe claim?

Swiss

Smash Lord
A safe claim is a claim given to scum, it's a character they're told that isn't in the game. It is safe in the aspect that no-one will counter claim you, not in the aspect that it will clear you.

I explained that Skyler effectively said he had a safe claim.

You can understand this or, failing that, assume I'm town and do what I say.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
My bad Swiss. I forgot to take the fact that there was no night kill into consideration.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 3 Votecount!

SkylerOcon (2) Swiss, Sworddancer

Not Voting (4) BSL, GwJumpman, SkylerOcon, Adagio

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Alright now the claims are out. I definitely trust Sword and Swiss a lot more now since Sword protecting Swiss and Mafia trying to kill him makes sense -> no nightkill makes sense.

Gova's posts didn't give me much. He was against me, Swiss (somewhat), and Sword and didn't really care about BSL. On D1 he was against Jumpman / Bking but so was everyone so I don't put stock in that. He hardly mentioned Skyler but I can't rightly blame him since Skyler wasn't in the game much until D2. Skyler however has been ignoring Gova though so I can see a connection, albeit flimsy.

Is the plan to lynch Skyler then or does anyone have any objections?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'll do a re-read 2mo morning. I'm off to a poker game soon.
If Swords tells people to hammer before I'm back just do it.

Skyler probably dies. I don't think BSL would be stupid enough to try and call me scum if he were scum (amirite?). If we don't win lynch Jumpman and win.

Probably.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ja ja, it's much more likely that I protected correctly than it is that scum no killed. That means that scum tried to Night kill Swiss, so he couldn't be scum.

@Adaigo: Yes, we're pretty much lynching Skyler toDay.

#HBC | Dancer

Nah, probably better to be safe than sorry. Your reread could be helpful, especially if we end up going into MYLO.

Swiss

Smash Lord
K. Good. I have it.

Lynch Skyler, if he's not scum we lynch Swordsscum tomorrow.

He's the only unconfirmed IC and I KNOW you could easily fake this, as opposed to Adagio who...couldn't. Note this only happened AFTER I raised the issue about Adagio fake claiming - that's what gave you the idea. I know BSL is town and he literally accidentally cleared himself to me. Jumpman has been town since my fake pressure D1. So we have Adagio, BSL and Jumpman cleared. That leaves you Swords, I particularly liked your fake paranoia on me and the doc claim was ballsy. I give you that. Lol if Skyler IS the scum, sorry but you have to understand I cannot risk the game on a read on one player.

If I die lynch toNight Swords toMorrow.

Game, set and match.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, in case I didn't make myself crystal clear, do NOT believe Swords when he tries to fall back on the doc fake claim toMorrow.

For your sake Swords, I hope you know what you're doing.

End the day.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Coulda sworn I was voting for skyler all day. Ready to hammer. No objections, right?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Is that cause he's mafia and it's endgame? Or cause we lunched the wrong guy? I can't wait to find out!

This is so exciting!!! :bee:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I know. I'm saying what is the tension building towards?

X1-12

Smash Champion
D3 Final Votecount!

SkylerOcon (4) Swiss, Sworddancer, GwJumpman, BSL

SkylerOcon (Ganondorf, Mafia Roieblocker) has been lynched!

Town Wins!

GGs to:
GwJumpman
BSL
Adagio
Swiss
Sworddancer.
Blaziking17
J

Commiserations to:
SkylerOcon
Gova

MVP:

Now I have to decide who is MVP (Most Valuable Player) of this game, that player gets a special postbit! (probably) You can all have your say on who you think earned it, take into account what experience some people had.

Mod Notes:

N1:
Adagio Investigates Gova: Result = roleblocked
Sworddancer protects Swiss
Mafia Kill J
Mafia Roleblock Adagio

N2:
Adagio investigates SkylerOcon: Result = roleblocked
Sworddancer protects Swiss
Mafia Kill Swiss (fails)
Mafia roleblock Adagio

There was also a slight error in scum PMs I accidentally forgot to include safeclaims (eek) but I realised once Gova died. Instead of giving Skyler the original ones (Mido & Marathon Man (these are weak)) I gave him a stronger one of Link's Grandma. Skyler thinks this was game altering but tbh I beg to differ. Soon I will write summaries of everyone's play which will explain why town won, or rather why scum lost.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
ggs everyone. i'll post my thoughts later since im on my phone. also, happy thanksgiving to everyone

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Sorry to blaziken for Pushing your lynch.

Go town!

This is the first game that I've finished so that's cool that we won.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out....why was I NK'd? o_O

Yay for town :3

Vote: BSL for MVP

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hmm ok, well here they are.

D1:

I wanted to get GwJ lynched becuase of what BSL said about how Blaziking being town would clear him. Plus, he didn't really offer anything that I could use for a mislynch.

N1:

I think Skyler's kill outpriortizes mine but I'm not sure. Anyways I told him to roleblock Adagio because I had a gut feeling he was the cop based on the way he was playing. His wishy-washy play is pretty much what made me think he was the cop because he didn't really want to vote anyone without being sure they were mafia. I also used that on as my basis for the case agianst him which worked well for a bit.

As for the NK, you'd have to ask Skyler. I wanted to kill BSL because J would be taking heat the next day and Sword and Swiss thought each other was scum and I had a case ready on Adagio. (Not sure how much is this is true but that's what it looked like to me.) I think Skyler wanted to kill J because of the FF7 talk. I should have tried harder to dissuade him but oh well.

D2:

Things were going well until Sword 180'd after Adagio claimed. I considered claiming Navi the town doc but I didn't think I could pull it off and lure out the real doc so I went inactive on purpose trying to draw the lynch since the lynch choice was either me or Skyler.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Also, Skyler why were you so inactive? :mad: We only talked like twice... :(

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ J - if you EVER quickhammer again I will dickslap you. They were both CLEARLY town D:

@ Adagio - I had trouble reading you, your wagon yesterDay was fake FYI. I couldn't pin you until you claimed. You'll be a good scum player.

@ Gova - you never contributed actual content, merely re-hashed whatever had been said, early D1 I figured you'd be useful to me if town, pity you were scum - you seem analytical - just contribute more.

@ Skyler - Contribute, anything.

@ BSL - GG, obv town, played well, even if you did go paranoid on me ^_^

@ Swords - Sorry about lying to you, I assume you knew I knew you were town. I had to re-direct the scum NK as I just couldn't figure out which of them would be scum if it wasn't Skyler. I had town reads on all of them. You played well and I had the same scum reads as you, I couldn't pin you D1 - and I couldn't figure out why you didn't like BSL.

@ Jumpman - You need to contribute more, you'd have been an easy mislynch. But props for voting when you needed to.

@ Blaziking - Sorry I wasn't on to stop you dying. Your noob play was read as scummy. You didn't play poorly considering, imo.

GG all.

Sorry for lying about most of my stances for most of the game ^_^

Swiss

Smash Lord
Skyler your claim did not get you killed. It didn't alter the game (to me, anyway). I'm sure Swords wouldn't have let you go either - you just did nothing.

In an active, controlled game, scum would have died day 1 & 2 imo.

Also, Adagio - you could have pretended you were VT and scum might have roleblocked elsewhere after the N1 block. You investigated well (both scum) - props, it's good to see a cop investigate well. We had this game tied down (imo).

Assuming I can't pick Swords - I would give MVP to Adagio for investigating so well, but his claiming was a bad play that ended up being good. BSL was a solid townie imo. BSL imo.

Also, thanks to X1 for hosting!

My actual stances:
D1: Town: BSL, Jumpman, J, Blaziking
IMGEOY as Scum: Adagio, Gova, Swords

Adagio was confirmed when he claimed, I couldn't read him.
Swords was confirmed early D2 iirc. You played odd O:

Skyler became scummy listed when he failed to contribute (D2) - (I remember wanting to lynch Gova and thinking Skyler would be his buddy "temptin' over Skyler as the other" iirc) and confirmed when he slipped up around Gova's flip and play.

Would love to see the scum QT.

I forget the rest.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
We weren't given a QT

Edit: Now that the game is over can someone explain scumhunting to me? There's nothing on that mafia wiki that actually says how to do it or what it is. Or is it just something you learn as you play?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
We used AIM, and I stayed on throughout the entire game if he needed to message me so he could just leave his thoughts. We only talked about the N1 kill really

#HBC | Dancer

GG everyone, this was a good game.

Hey X1, just incase you're considering making me the mvp, don't. I'm an IC, and I feel that, with my experiance, it was probably easier for me to see come to logical conclusion than the newbies in this game. I would personally suggest that BSL be made the MVP for this, as he was the newbie that impressed me the most. He held a good activity level and did some pretty decent scum hunting. So my vote goes out towards him.

Now my thoughts on this game:

Activity was honestly not that great, and everyone that had a poor activity level (I'm looking at you, Adaigo and Skyler) needs to step it up their next game. In non-newbie games, people won't be so leniant about it. Plus, not only does inactivity lessen your chances of winning again, but it also simply makes a game less fun. With bad activity, you're being an inconvinance in more ways than one. Pick it up next time! :)

I have a confesion to make, I was online when BKing self-voted for his lynch. At that point I pretty much knew he was cleared (pretty much everyone, both newbies and experianced players, but especially newbies, never really have the balls to self-vote as scum). I also expected that one might hammer him just off of that. I consider quickly posting so to avoid this from happening, but I decided to risk it, and see everyone elses reactions without my influance. This turned out to be a mistake, and potiantially a deadly one. Had scum left J alive, it would of been a mess for town. So much time would of been wasted on him, and all. So anyways, I apolize for pushing you Bking, and I apolize that I didn't stop it. At the very least, your flip helped me get a feel for other players in this game, and in all honestly you would of had me paranoid all game had you stayed alive. Still a bad call on my part.

As the doc, I had the privillage of knowing the set up once Adaigo claimied. Once again, scum fake claiming in a newbie is something I really don't expect. Really, though, the way Adagio claimed, with the big emotional outburst of his, was something that just couldn't of been made up.

Swiss, I pretty much knew that you were trying to redirect the scum kill when you said I fake claimed. I was going to go along with it, but I had to go to a Thanksgiving dinner. At first I thought, "is he kidding?" Then I realized that, in a way, you were. lol

Speaking of Swiss, early this game I was delibertly trying to poke at Swiss to see if I could get him angry. I wanted to see if his reactions, so I could make judgments based off of them. He made some vague accustions towards me, which I felt was kinda scummy. Luckily, he cleared himself D2 when he cleared me for clearing Adaigo (lol).

To the players that I haden't mentioned yet:

Jumpman-In all honestly, you probably could of been accused for the same things we were accusing Skyler for late in the Day. You did manage to clear yourself a bit, though, after that bout you had with Swiss. Your reactions were genuine anger. My advice for you is basic but fundermental, try to contribute more. The best way to do this is just to play more games really, lol.

Gova-Good, I could see what you were trying for. I liked how you went into this with a stratagy. However, your biggest flaw was just how safe you were playing it. You never really contributed anything new. Now, this could be said for a lot of players, but what gave you away specifically was the fact that you were still posting fairly frequantly (compared to others, at least) while doing this. You made an effort to not be seen as inactive, but the fact that you never really got out in the dirt of things made it seem like you were just trying to be seen, if you know what I mean. Still a good preformance though, and it's totally understandable that you had a hard time faking scum hunting, even I still have this problem.

Skyler-Meh, Swiss said it the best. Contribute, anything. Would of put you in just a lurker catagory, but your connection with Gova made you really suspicious. Once again, I can understand why it's hard to contribute, especially as scum. Just keep playing, and you'll get better at it.

Adaigo-Good. You got potiantial. Be careful about claiming power roles so easily, it make you look suspicious. Also, try to be a bit more active. OTher than that you're good.

J-My only question to you is: why did you hammer so early? Really don't feel like I saw enough of you to give you advice, lol. I guess I would tell you to be more careful with taking big things, like the length of the Day, into your own hands.

BKing-Once again, sorry for not preventing your lynch. You really weren't that scummy, but be careful about the intense emotional outbursts. In many games it can and most of the time will lead to your lynch. Otherwise, you have potiential. Even though you were wrong about Swiss (as was I for awhile), I could see what you were getting at. IT shows you were really thinking about things. Next time, try to convey it in a less scummy way and then you're really be rolling.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh dang almost forgot this!

Thanks X1 for hosting this, I was waiting for someone to host a newbie game because I saw the Dgames forum one day and I hadn't seen it before so I read the Bioware game which had the most recent post at the time I read it and it made me want to try and play a game.

And thank you Swiss and Swords for answering all my questions. It was tough playing by myself :urg:

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice and comments. This game was really getting good as I watched, can't believe it ended that fast! GG, everyone! I'll take the advice to heart and play mafia again soon as the RP I'm participating in is through.

Top Bottom