• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Skyward Sword characters
- Link
- Zelda
- Impa

The Wind Waker HD characters
- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda / Tetra
- Ganondorf

This sounds likely now...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well it won't be out for a few years so I don't think this one will impact the roster.
Smash 4 also won't be out for a few years either. We're just getting some sort of video/trailer at E3, but that's only going to show a couple things that they've been working on (as well as confirm that they indeed have been working on it). It's not some kind of statement or confirmation of anything resembling a release date.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Skyward Sword characters
- Link
- Zelda
- Impa

- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda / Tetra
- Ganondorf

This seems real to me.

:phone:

Sakurai was going to do just that in Brawl.
For Brawl? Sure. For SSB4? Maybe not

I could see it if the roster wasn't already heavily hero based. If they do that for Link and Zelda, replace Impa with Ghirahim then. At least it adds to the villain side.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I could see it if the roster wasn't already heavily hero based. If they do that for Link and Zelda, replace Impa with Ghirahim then. At least it adds to the villain side.
Sakurai isn't going to add a minor villain for the sake of having a villain. Ghirahim is an one-time villain whereas Ganondorf is THE villain of the series.

And if you don't want two Links and two Zeldas in SSB4, you better pray Sakurai doesn't resort to adding filler clones in the last minute to buff the roster.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

The only LoZ villain we need is Ganondorf, and no one else. Actually a Demise color palette costume for Ganon would be acceptable.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Do you guys think impa is likely? Or are you just hopeful for her? Because I don't really see impa in a smash game happening.

I mean sheik was outdated in brawl, but they didn't get rid of her. In fact now she's more relavent because of Ocarina of Time 3D

Also. I'm pretty sure Ghirahim has no chance whatsoever. He was a one timer, and was not the final boss. That's like...trying to get Zant in brawl.

Ghirahim played a major role in Skyward Sword, the definitive Wii Zelda and the latest console one.

If you are going to rep Skyward Sword without him, you are not really repping Skyward Sword that well.

Impa can easily be the Sheik character for Zelda, thus Ghirahim gets in.

And being one shot DOES NOT hurt a character's chances. We have already seen it anyways with Ness, Lucas, and Roy.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And being one shot DOES NOT hurt a character's chances. We have already seen it anyways with Ness, Lucas, and Roy.
Those series don't have very many recurring characters. Mother only has
Porky
and Giygas, and the only recurring FE characters are Anna and a few Lords that appear in multiple games.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Fire emblem is different. It has very few reoccurring characters, and Roy is reoccurring anyways so that is void.
Lucas and Ness come from a series with 3 games. And ninten and ness are rumored to be the same person anyways. The legend of Zelda has plenty of games, and Ghirahim was a boss in one of them.

Also with the logic you used, young link did not represent majora's mask because skull kid wasn't in the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash 4 also won't be out for a few years either.
Actually, I think the game could be out by next year. Remember, Nintendo's policy has been to show the game when they're ready, mostly to prevent hype burnout from Brawl and Twilight Princess. I wouldn't be surprised if the game will playable at E3, but they just chose not to say it just to play it safe.

Sakurai isn't going to add a minor villain for the sake of having a villain. Ghirahim is an one-time villain whereas Ganondorf is THE villain of the series.

And if you don't want two Links and two Zeldas in SSB4, you better pray Sakurai doesn't resort to adding filler clones in the last minute to buff the roster.
Not only that, but there's also the issue of where Ghirahim might fall on the priority list. I, myself, would not want two Zeldas, BUT I'd be perfectly fine with just Tetra since she would be most likely a unique character.

Do you guys think impa is likely? Or are you just hopeful for her? Because I don't really see impa in a smash game happening.

I mean sheik was outdated in brawl, but they didn't get rid of her. In fact now she's more relavent because of Ocarina of Time 3D
Impa is a very divisive character for a number of reasons. There's the fact that Diddy spams about her (meaning trolling) and that people are very attached to Sheik even though Impa with a proper Sheik costume would be a win-win.

One possible reason as to why Sheik wasn't scrapped was because there was not only a suitable replacement at the time, but also that she had a concept design from Twilight Princess development. Meanwhile, Impa's role has essentially been revitalized with Skyward Sword raising more possibilities that she'll be a main character in the series from here on.

Fire emblem is different. It has very few reoccurring characters, and Roy just so happens to not be one anyways so that is void.
Lucas and Ness come from a series with 3 games. And ninten and ness are rumored to be the same person anyways. The legend of Zelda has plenty of games, and Ghirahim was a boss in one of them.

Also with the logic you used, young link did not represent majora's mask because skull kid wasn't in the game.

Young Link did represent Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time was the major N64 Zelda though, so I could see them potentially not wanting Majora.

Also, there are other rosters to focus on too and they already had Ocarina of Time fully repped.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only LoZ villain we need is Ganondorf, and no one else. Actually a Demise color palette costume for Ganon would be acceptable.

Hey! Vaati is awesome too! Now, if Nintendo went to make a HD remake of The Minish Cap for the Wii U and it looks just like The Wind Waker HD... oh my god...

Link, Zelda/Impa, and Ghirahim rep Skyward Sword
Toon Link reps Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks/Wind Waker 3D
Ganondorf reps Wind Waker 3D

Zelda should not have two double characters anyways.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Young Link did represent Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time was the major N64 Zelda though, so I could see them potentially not wanting Majora.

Also, there are other rosters to focus on too and they already had Ocarina of Time fully repped.
I know that. I was using the logic you did when you said that you aren't repping skyward sword good enough unless you have Ghirahim.

I know that. I was using the logic you did when you said that you aren't repping skyward sword good enough unless you have Ghirahim.

But the difference is we won't have the villain Link and Zelda were against for majority of the game. You could rep without Ghirahim but I don't see it as a good representation, since you are missing a villain for them. Especially to toss in another side character in Impa (who does deserve it but she should be the new Sheik).

Link, Zelda/Impa, and Ghirahim looks like the perfect SS rep to me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Zelda should not have two double characters anyways.
But that was what Sakurai was going to do in Brawl, but worse. Zelda was going to have THREE double characters. Toon Sheik is just crossing the line!!! I want Tetra or don't bother putting in Toon Zelda at all!

TheCreator

Smash Lord
But the difference is we won't have the villain Link and Zelda were against for majority of the game. You could rep without Ghirahim but I don't see it as a good representation, since you are missing a villain for them. Especially to toss in another side character in Impa (who does deserve it but she should be the new Sheik).

Link, Zelda/Impa, and Ghirahim looks like the perfect SS rep to me.
Yes and as I said, with that logic, you could look at melee and say they didn't rep majora's mask good enough because skull kid was not in the game, and that's who they where against the entire game.
We are not repping SS. We are repping the legend of Zelda.
I see:
SS Link
SS Zelda/OOT3D Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Yes and as I said, with that logic, you could look at melee and say they didn't rep majora's mask good enough because skull kid was not in the game, and that's who they where against the entire game.

Ocarina of Time was the definitive N64 Zelda game (at least many people would say that).

Skyward Sword was the definitive Wii Zelda game.

There is a difference between Majora and Ghirahim.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

While Majora's Mask didn't get any characters in Melee, it did get a stage instead. Ocarina of Time didn't get a stage (Hyrule Temple is based on Zelda II, not Ocarina of Time) but it got five characters. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
While Majora's Mask didn't get any characters in Melee, it did get a stage instead. Ocarina of Time didn't get a stage (Hyrule Temple is based on Zelda II, not Ocarina of Time) but it got five characters. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me.
So with that I think skyward sword should get a stage moreso than a one appearance not so final boss.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword characters
- Link
- Zelda
- Impa

- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda / Tetra
- Ganondorf

Wanted to post this one to. And yes, it's my personal favorite to.

Sheik's playstyle can easily be divived in Impa and Tetra's fighting styles. Specials for example for Tetra could be:

B: Throwing Daggers
Side B: Grappling Hook
Up B: the kickflip jump she attempts on Ganondorf
Down B: Switch to Zelda with Triforce of Wisdom (very quick change)

Both Impa and Tetra will share a few moves with eachother and borrow from Sheik, yet are unique enough from each other not to be called Luigified clones.

Meanwhile Toon Zelda would be a slightly quicker Zelda, and SS Zelda would be kind of like Brawl's Zelda, but better. Toon Zelda also could use Light Arrows as a regular special move.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
By what fans probably say, and because Skyward Sword was actually made with the Wii in mind (Twilight Princess started off as Gamecube and had motion controls added on).
Even more speculation, and the fact that it was made for the wii doesn't matter. Again, majora's mask was made with the N64 in mind.

Even more speculation, and the fact that it was made for the wii doesn't matter. Again, majora's mask was made with the N64 in mind.

Yes it was, although Ocarina of Time was the one that took longer while Majora's Mask was the quicker game.

Not saying no guarantees but just because Majora missed out, doesn't mean Ghirahim would as well. Especially given the popularity.

But like you said, speculation. I would just like to rep the newest game with Ghirahim than the tossing a rep in of Toon Zelda for a remake of an older game. Although she would rep Phantom Hourglass as well. Who knows really.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa vs. Tetra. Ninja vs. Pirate. Oh, this is so awesome!
Pretty much! Would normally vote for pirates, but this time I think I'm leaning on the ninja side. :awesome:

I think we can easily assume the Pirate Ship stage from Brawl will be returning now as well. Much like, how Onett came back for Ness. Kinda.

Also, would only expect Sheik if they change like, NOTHING about the roster, and will simply copy Brawl's roster. Following both Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. Which would be dull to the bone. Also wouldn't do Ganondorf justice. While I think his OoT-self also has good potential for a moveset, the fact that they ignored it for 2 games made me give up hope. There's now finally a chance they use his EVEN MORE AWESOME incaration, which is WW Ganondorf.

Really, Sheik shouldn't dare returning now.

Speaking of Majora's Mask, Skull Kid would've been better for Smash than Sheik imo.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Yes it was, although Ocarina of Time was the one that took longer while Majora's Mask was the quicker game.

Not saying no guarantees but just because Majora missed out, doesn't mean Ghirahim would as well. Especially given the popularity.

But like you said, speculation. I would just like to rep the newest game with Ghirahim than the tossing a rep in of Toon Zelda for a remake of an older game. Although she would rep Phantom Hourglass as well. Who knows really.
I would prefer skyward sword dictate their artstyle, and maybe give a stage.
And also, I don't think sheik will go anywhere because she wasn't seen for the longest time between melee and brawl, and if she made that journey I'm sure she can make this one. Especially since she's starred in another game since then.

I would prefer skyward sword dictate their artstyle, and maybe give a stage.
And also, I don't think sheik will go anywhere because she wasn't seen for the longest time between melee and brawl, and if she made that journey I'm sure she can make this one. Especially since she's starred in another game since then.

But do we really want Sheik to be given the Skyward Sword design to accompany Link and Zelda?

It should impact art style, characters, and movesets.

Link with the beetle, rolling bombs, whip, skyward strike, etc.
Zelda with her harp and magic.
Ghirahim as the villain with his magic, daggers, and sword.

Levels: Spirit Trials and Skyloft
Music: EVERYTHING

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Meanwhile Toon Zelda would be a slightly quicker Zelda, and SS Zelda would be kind of like Brawl's Zelda, but better. Toon Zelda also could use Light Arrows as a regular special move.
Meh, I don't really see a Toon Zelda being necessary. The thing with Toon Link is that the Zelda series has historically had pre-teen and young adult incarnations. There are also a number of items that have appeared primarily in either type of Zelda game. I don't feel Toon Zelda would be the same as having two Links. The way I see it, the two Links "represents" both types of Zelda games.

That being said, I can see Zelda with revamped specials to where she's a zoning monster along with the Light Arrows. I still like the idea of her being able to ignite her Din's Fire at will, but I'm not sure where it could fit in Smash's current design.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Sheik doesn't have to have a SS redesign because she fit in just fine with twilight princess Zelda, she can with SS Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom