• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually think that Sheik and Impa can co-exist: Hear me out, please?
Impa will be a more ninja-ish fighter, with Deku Nuts, a barrier, fast, etc.
Zelda will be Zelda.
Sheik will use a combination of magic and ninja stuff. Like, no chain, just magic?
I think Impa could use a different style of fighting, like kung fu-like? Plus, I think magic would suit her most. Think of a style similar to Sheik and Lucario fused. Throw in moves as the barrier, Deku Nuts and the 'Rasengan'-like move, and I think we got a more than solid character. If Sheik stays, she should stay mostly the same.

To make things a little more interessting : make Impa a sort of fuse between Zelda and Sheik? Magic (Zelda) + ninja moves (Sheik) = Impa. Especially cause Zelda already uses a protective barrier of sorts herself with Nayru's Love.

I think that's a slightly better sollution.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What if Zelda's Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind changed to be exactly like their Ocarina of Time counterparts?
Just a thought.
I guess, but when I look at Impa (especially in SS) I see Ninja. When I think of Sheik, I think Zelda, then Magic, then Ninja. I can see that kind of Impa working.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To make things a little more interessting : make Impa a sort of fuse between Zelda and Sheik? Magic (Zelda) + ninja moves (Sheik) = Impa. Especially cause Zelda already uses a protective barrier of sorts herself with Nayru's Love.

I think that's a slightly better sollution.
And people would cry clone, lol. Seriously, I can see only one of them coming.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Not trying to steer the conversation, but what do you guys think of Toon Zelda? With Wind Waker HD, do her chances rise, thus giving Tetra a chance too?

Or Toon Sheik. :troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And people would cry clone, lol. Seriously, I can see only one of them coming.
People will do that anyway. There are people who think Ike is a Marth clone, they'll complain no matter how different Impa/Sheik are.

I guess, but when I look at Impa (especially in SS) I see Ninja. When I think of Sheik, I think Zelda, then Magic, then Ninja. I can see that kind of Impa working.
Funny, I was thinking the opposite. Like make Zelda the mage, and Sheik the ninja, and have Impa be something like a middle ground. IDK, I'd just prefer we got Impa and NOT have her replace Sheik, though personally I wouldn't be throwing a tantrum if Sheik was replaced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if Zelda's Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind changed to be exactly like their Ocarina of Time counterparts?
Just a thought.
For a separate Zelda, that'd be awesome.

People cry clone wayyyy too early though. And use clone as a way to disregard Impa. :glare:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Not trying to steer the conversation, but what do you guys think of Toon Zelda? With Wind Waker HD, do her chances rise, thus giving Tetra a chance too?

Or Toon Sheik. :troll:
No chance in hell. Toon Zelda/Sheik are IMO the only of the "Forbidden 7" that have no chance of happening. Even pra_mai(whatever that is) might be a possibility.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra would be awesome as a solo rep. Don't really feel much for Toon Zelda though...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
@shinpichu
I don't want Sheik to go either... I'm really on the fence right now.
I see. My friend really wants Toon Zelda and Tingle, so I felt like I should ask.

But I do want Tetra in somehow.

(Why does Zelda have to have so many good potential reps?)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I see. My friend really wants Toon Zelda and Tingle, so I felt like I should ask.

But I do want Tetra in somehow.
AT maybe? She'd be better than Tingle. :troll:

@FalKoopa
I really hate it when people make suggestions like this. Smash Zelda and Tetra have completely different body types and proportions, so making Tera an alt. wouldn't be feasible. A Tetra-inspired costume, though, could work.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Agreed. I REALLY want Skull Kid as an AT. And I mean REALLY want him as an AT.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really hate it when people make suggestions like this. Smash Zelda and Tetra have completely different body types and proportions, so making Tera an alt. wouldn't be feasible. A Tetra-inspired costume, though, could work.
You misunderstood. I said i'd prefer her over toon Zelda.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a Tetra-themed costume for Zelda. Would be a pretty unique one that's for sure. But I think Tetra as a stand alone is better. She isn't in my top five though, a lot more figures I'd prefer to see. I do like the idea of a Toon Zelda, but I like Luigified figures, tend to like the Luigi to the original.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What would he do on the stage? Cause the moon to crash? :awesome:
Exactly. Not even the summoner would be safe: If you are on the stage, you take massive damage, but thankfully not a lot of knockback. The best way to avoid it is to stay off stage: Kirby, MK, Pit, Dedederp, etc, have a good chance of surviving, but even someone like Ganon can survive by ledge-hogging

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it would depend on if we're getting a Toon Zelda/Tetra deal for starters. But personally I have no ideas. I don't think Toon Zelda works really well as a concept, but I'm not a big fan of Tetra. *shrugs*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra I can imagine only with a Sheik-like moveset. Throwing daggers instead of Needles, Grappling Hook instead of the Chain, you name it....

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'd like Toon Zelda / Tetra as an unlockable costume of Zelda; that way both could still appear, but a new character slot wouldn't be necessary.

But that's wishful thinking.

Beyond that, and more realistically (maybe) I'd like to see either Vaati or Ghirahim playable. If we're to get a new Zelda rep, I think a New character would be more deserving than an alternate representation of someone we already have.

We need more villains in Smash anyway, imo.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Vaati would be great, but I think his odds were highest in Brawl. Unless they plan on reviving the Four Sword games I don't see him returning sadly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm wondering which one is more wishful thinking... (Toon Zelda/Tetra) or (Vaati/Ghirahim).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't see Vaati getting in at ALL.
Ghirahim is iffy, but I certainly do not support him.
At any rate, I'd say the top five likely Zelda newcomers are:
1. Impa
2. Tetra/Ghirahim
3. Tingle
4. Vaati
5. Skull Kid/ Majora?

@FalKoopa
Something more impossible is Skull Kid/Mask Link. And I would love both to no end.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why you'd rate Tingle below Skull Kid, and Vaati below him as well. Skull Kid doesn't strike me as anything more than wishful thinking, my desire for him in this game or not. He hasn't appeared in a recent game in any significant role, and his only role was in a very old game. Vaati at least has multiple games to his credit, and is the main villain in each. Barring the twist at the end of FSA at least.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Edited, sorry. Just realized. As much as I hate to admit it, even Tingle has better chances than Skull Kid.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think Zelda is gonna get any more characters.

However, I can see Sheik getting the boot, Zelda getting a new Down B and Impa joining with Sheik's old moveset.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't, either, but those five are probably the most likely.
And yes, if a new Zelda rep occurs, it will be Impa. And if someone is to be cut, Sheik is first in line.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's a fair chance for one additional character IMO. If we could have 5 Mario reps in Melee, then why not?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't see Vaati getting in at ALL.
Ghirahim is iffy, but I certainly do not support him.
At any rate, I'd say the top five likely Zelda newcomers are:
1. Impa
2. Tetra (Tie with Ghirahim)
3. Ghirahim
4. Skull Kid
5. Tingle
Skull Kids chances are highly overrated. The only reason people think he's likely is because MM is the darling of the month of the Zelda franchise.

Quite frankly I think raking potential Zelda newcomers is pointless. Much like with Mario, there are a few front runners(Impa, Tingle, Ghirahim, maybe Vaati) that are about equally likely. You end up with a LOT of opinion myopia as a result.

Vaati would be great, but I think his odds were highest in Brawl. Unless they plan on reviving the Four Sword games I don't see him returning sadly.
Speaking of this, I had an idea for a Zelda game a little while ago.

[COLLAPSE="Stuff"]So basically, with the official timeline confirming that there are at least 3 alternate Zelda universes, I was coming up with ideas for potential "Zelda multiverse" stories. Not stories that cross over between mutliverses, but ones that really take advantage of the different situations in the different universe.

The idea for a new Four Swords comes from the fact that in 2/3 of the universes, we haven't seen anything of Vaati. My idea was set in the WW/"Adult" universe, and basically involved the "New Hyrule"(seen in ST), sometime in the future, making underwater expeditions to "old Hyrule(for historical stuff), and accidentally leading to Vaati being unleashed.[/COLLAPSE]
Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's a fair chance for one additional character IMO. If we could have 5 Mario reps in Melee, then why not?
That's the thing. We don't have 5 Mario reps anymore. Sakurai's getting pickier and pickier.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
That may not be too far from the truth..

I'm wondering which one is more wishful thinking... (Toon Zelda/Tetra) or (Vaati/Ghirahim).
SOMEONE has to get in. lol

I don't think this new Smash installment will come void of a new playable Zelda rep. Zelda is too popular. Just think, they knew enough to include a new rep to at least include Toon Link (which was imo a Complete waste of a character slot and should have been an alt costume at best) in Brawl.

Trust, they're fully aware that Zelda warrants new playables. Who exactly will be playable is the big question. But someone new will be playable. You can count on that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That's the thing. We don't have 5 Mario reps anymore. Sakurai's getting pickier and pickier.
But we almost did have 5 again. And technically, we have 5 Zelda characters and 6 Pokemon characters. I don't see that there's a 4 per franchise limit.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Skull Kids chances are highly overrated. The only reason people think he's likely is because MM is the darling of the month of the Zelda franchise.

Quite frankly I think raking potential Zelda newcomers is pointless. Much like with Mario, there are a few front runners(Impa, Tingle, Ghirahim, maybe Vaati) that are about equally likely. You end up with a LOT of opinion myopia as a result.
I edited it; I realized how pathetic the kid's chances are. Even Tingle has better chances :/
1. Impa
2. Tetra/Ghirahim
3. Tingle
4. Vaati
5. Skull Kid/ Majora?
I like the idea for the game, though. I came up with a sequel to Twilight Princess, even though it will never happen.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
There isn't. Personally I think at five most series tend to cap out on most of the reps that are longterm deserving though, but I'm not against more than that.

And I'd like to see Vaati do something in one of the other games. He's definitely got a lot of potential, and I think he'd be a great villain to appear again. Also one of the few villains with an actual backstory and personality, partially why I like Skull Kid (even if it's overly childish).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But we almost did have 5 again. And technically, we have 5 Zelda characters and 6 Pokemon characters. I don't see that there's a 4 per franchise limit.
But they all (somehow) count as four because of the way Sakurai counts characters. I don't mind Mario getting 6 (not counting the DK, Yoshi and Wario series) and Zelda and Pokemon getting five. I would love it actually. I just don't see it happening.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I like the idea for the game, though. I came up with a sequel to Twilight Princess, even though it will never happen.
I would really be interested in a TP sequel, as it seems like one of the few "main" Zeldas not to get some sort of sequel or gaiden game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Link in Smash 64 used the Boomerang cause Sakurai didn't know Adult Link couldn't use it. :smirk:
Personally, I think it's because Link in Smash 64 is based on ALTTP Link. Remember that Smash 64 came out in Japan on January 1999... OOT came out in Japan on November 1998. Smash 64 was originally not going to have Nintendo characters... perhaps Sakurai decided to add Link... and gave him moves based on ALTTP but used Link's OOT 3D character model.

Look at Link's boomerang in Smash 64... it is blue... just like the boomerang in ALTTP.

Oh, and Link's sword spin? It originated in ALTTP. It improved swordplay in 2D Zelda games... no wonder it was included as Link's recovery move (shows off Sakurai's humor, I guess).

Also, let's not forget Link's stage in Smash 64... Hyrule Castle... on the surface, it looks like the castle seen in OOT... but we never got on the roof of the castle in OOT... but we did in ALTTP.

Both Link and Young Link in Melee are based on OOT Adult Link and OOT/MM Child Link. Their boomerangs are not blue like in ALTTP but now based on the boomerang from OOT. The Hyrule Temple stage is not based on temples in OOT but rather palaces in Zelda II. It was only named "Temple" because gamers at the time were more familiar with temples in OOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom