• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
To be completely honest, I've never liked her much, and would much prefer if Sheik is not replaced by her. In the end, however, I guess I'm fine with her... even though the loss of Sheik will hurt.
At any rate, I prefer her much more than Tingle, Ghirahim, and Groose.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah,
so basically.
fire Arrows: Ness PK Fire effect but Project M like.
Ice Arrow's: Basically like the Freezie item, especially when fully charged but weaker.
Bomb Arrows: Lucas's PK Fire effect Link's regular bomb's.
Silver Arrow's: Deku Nut-like impact.
Normal Arrow's: How they always worked

Is that it? :/

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think Impa should be in as a replacement to Sheik (and splitting the two), you know that.

And I meant Silver Arrows would work like Deku Nuts on impact (no effect on Link or teammates though), not Deku Nuts as a random arrow. It seems like the best way to do a Light Arrow effect.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Oh, ok. Sorry. Too bad Young Link has poor chances of returning: He could use them in his slingshot.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
That would be how I'd build them more or less, yeah. Weird how the PK's seem like the easiest method to do them, but it works in my head.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@Mirron Alrighty then. ^^

As for the whole Sheik and Impa thing. Since SS Zelda could likely sport both her costume's and getting alternate colours for both of them (like Wario did in Brawl). How about Sheik for one side of Zelda's alternate costume and Impa for the other? ^^;

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love the chain. Even if it's rarely used, it's still fun to use. And reminds me of castlevania

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
As for the whole Sheik and Impa thing. Since SS Zelda could likely sport both her costume's and getting alternate colours for both of them (like Wario did in Brawl). How about Sheik for one side of Zelda's alternate costume and Impa for the other? ^^;
As long as it's all aesthetic, I would actually love that. Everyone is happy, that way. (But Impa would probably look awkward in order to fit Sheik's shape. Or Sheik would be awkward?)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd be against that personally, since part of why I want Impa is to split up Sheik/Zelda. I'd like to see what the Down-B would be. Or the B if they made Nayru's Down-B. *shrugs* I'd be fine with Impa having an alternate costume of Sheik though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As long as it's all aesthetic, I would actually love that. Everyone is happy, that way. (But Impa would probably look awkward in order to fit Sheik's shape. Or Sheik would be awkward?)
Yeah we will have to see how that's done. Maybe both Zelda's alternate costume's could actually be two separate model's attached to a different character in the same slot on the character select screen? So Skyloft Zelda could actually be a different model from Goddess Zelda but they both share the same spot. That way the Sheik model wouldn't have to clash in with the Impa model? I honestly don't know what I'm talking about here... ^^:

@Mirron I guess they could do that as well yes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is Sheik's clothes is less awkward than Sheik in Impa's clothes, cause the latter would be a big spit in the face to Impa fans and Skyward Sword's cannon in general.

I think Down B should be the Deku Nuts, and Impa's Side B should be the barrier. Furthermore, she should have this 'Rasengan-like move' for B, which would maybe slow down the opponent on impact (like the Timer item but not as long obviously). Up B could then maybe be Vanish, or something similar.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Yea, I can see that working. I was actually confused at what I was saying, so it's nice to know someone understood me.
I love those specials, and I think Impa could inherit Sheik's vanish, but with a longer range.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yea the barrier would be great for her side b. Im wondering how they could make it unique too, perhaps a bit of a shock blast, but im thinking it could even deflect bombs and other things in different ways. Not just the bombs, but the blast as well or maybe even divert it to the directions around the shield.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Maybe it could have an after shock, like Lucas (Or is it Ness?) Down special.
And, so that it is not an over powered move, maybe it could be broken? Like a better shield that can reflect?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yea, I can see that working. I was actually confused at what I was saying, so it's nice to know someone understood me.
I love those specials, and I think Impa could inherit Sheik's vanish, but with a longer range.
Another new user who likes Impa? What is this!? 2013 is the Year of the Impa so far! :awesome:

You don't know how long I've been here (almost) defending Impa alone? Just a few old skool veteran speculators really agree on having Impa (Kuma especially). Most others just disagree and keep on preserving 'anti-roster cut' ways of discussion. They do not really look at the character's themselves, but just want them all in, cause they've been in Brawl. And that's all. Most want to disregard Impa as a 'side character' as well. Which the real core fans know she isn't (ever since Skyward Sword of coarse).

Glad you like the moveset though man! Have a more detailed version somewhere. I'll dig it up if you like?

I thought the Barrier should be kind of a move that has a set stamina. Like, 50% or so? And not using it a lot would increase the ammount of damage it could tank. Though it wouldn't exceed 50%. If the Barrier breaks however, effect is like a broken shield. So it's a move you have to be careful with.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, I still prefer Sheik, but I'm certainly not against Impa. In fact... I might add her to my roster. Maybe.
Yea, I've read a HUGE amount of threads before I decided to post, and jeez, those Impa debates were pretty long sometimes. (But I do want to keep Brawl's roster...)
No problem! Sure, I'd love to see it.
That's exactly what I had in mind.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh so you're aware of the Impa debates? Whoa, well, then you must pretty much know me already no? :p

Would be cool with both Sheik and Impa, just don't see it as very likely. And would rather have Zelda separate, which would honestly mean; no Sheik.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Lol, yeah. I know a lot of people, but they don't know me yet.
And as for Zelda being seperate from Sheik, I do not want. At all. Neither with Samus and ZSS, but tha'ts off topic. I feel the same way, but I'm not sure if I should keep Sheik or lose her; I agree that both Impa and Sheik being together is unlikely.
And if I include Impa, she will be seperate from Zelda.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Why? Personally I don't play both of them together, at all. And from what I gather the majority don't either. But then again I hate character switching, especially when it's based off of a common move. Make it a taunt or some such at least.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
It's, again, a peeve I have. It doesn't make sense to me that Samus, for example, is technically taking up two slots. Same with Doc and Mario. Basically, if the character is a part of the other character, I want them to be in one slot.

...I switch between characters in a match...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im fine if sheik is gone and impa is her own character, really its the best option IMO. Sheik is only around due to her smash brothers infamy and the left over TP design, she no longer represents what zelda is now. And i think its the best compromise to those who played as sheik if impa has a similar playstyle, and whats good is they get both get new move potential and a new down b move.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, you're a rare exception then... My peeve is that Sheik just doesn't fit in SS cannon.

Also, Sheik was considered for TP, but so where other Sheikah characters. It takes no Einstein to figure out that a Hylian princess wouldn't know 'how to Sheikah' out of the blue. She must have an instructor. And if that instuctor was Skyward Sword's Impa for SS's Zelda in Smash, I'd consider that a huge, smelly spit in the face.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I never said everyone, I said the majority (which, to specify, that I've talked to or seen it discussed). Make it Impa then, no problem with Sheik. I don't really have a fix for Samus though, but personally I'd like the split. Besides, you can have four Marios fight on the battlefield at one time anyways, not that different. And Sheik doesn't fit into anything except for OoT canon, I'd rather they drop her due to that as well, but my concern is more gameplay.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
@HylianHeroBigBoss
I think that is what will make me accept Impa over Sheik.
@Diddy Kong
I'm special!
@Mirron
I know, I know. As for the Mario part, my concern is the fact that Dr. wasn't a costume.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zero Suit Samus is a different issue all togheter. But for her it kinda makes sence. As you see, NORMALLY, she'd be at a huge disadvantage in her Zero Suit... So it makes sence for Samus / ZZS to be in one character slot through 'special means'.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I agree.
But doesn't that mean that Sheik should always be a part of Zelda, (If Sheik stays) considering that Sheik is basically Zelda in different clothing?
Another reason why Impa should not be paired with Zelda

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Eh, ZSS is perfectly capable of fighting on par with the others. They're just entirely different. The closest possible way to make that work is Dark Samus and Zero Suit Samus as a possibility.

And I meant more you already have multiple copies of a figure on the battlefield. Having multiple of them as OOC slots doesn't really matter. And not really, considering none of the other Zeldas turn into Sheik. It'd be like having OoT Sheik turn into Tetra.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Valid point, I suppose.
On a side note, I went from Rookie to Cadet in this thread... nice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree.
But doesn't that mean that Sheik should always be a part of Zelda, (If Sheik stays) considering that Sheik is basically Zelda in different clothing?
Another reason why Impa should not be paired with Zelda
Zelda / Impa DOES have the potential of being an actual duo character though. Kinda like the implied Diddy and Dixie Kong combo. But I think I'd still prefer solo Impa and Zelda though.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ugh, the Diddy+Dixie team... But yeah, I suppose, considering that Impa is Zelda's caretaker and all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly. Down B could also be a duo attacking move perhaps?

Let's just say that I see much more potential in Impa than in Sheik.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The link in Smash 64 was more or less based on OoT Link...BUT also included the Boomerang.

There is no reason to completely change Link's specials because they represent some of the most occurring items throughout the series
I know I'm late to the party(f*** Cisco Clean Access), but this is how I feel about Link in Smash. As Link in Smash is an amalgamation of many different Links, IMO Link's equipment should be based on only the most recurring items.

And on the Impa thing: I would only like her in addition to Sheik, NOT as a replacement. Sheik and Zelda can be adjusted to be more dependant on each other, while Impa can be more self-sufficient, and maybe have some moves to make her feel unique from Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link in Smash 64 used the Boomerang cause Sakurai didn't know Adult Link couldn't use it. :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sheik and Zelda can be adjusted to be more dependant on each other, while Impa can be more self-sufficient, and maybe have some moves to make her feel unique from Sheik.
Hmm... I'd prefer them to be more independent of each other.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I actually think that Sheik and Impa can co-exist: Hear me out, please?
Impa will be a more ninja-ish fighter, with Deku Nuts, a barrier, fast, etc.
Zelda will be Zelda.
Sheik will use a combination of magic and ninja stuff. Like, no chain, just magic?
So, all in all, you have a Magic user, a Ninja, and a Magic Ninja?

Great, now I just though of combining the three...

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with that, but I don't want Zelda and Sheik to be more dependent. The level of dependence the PT has bothers me as it is. I don't like playing as Sheik, at all. I doubt I'd play as Impa if she's added, even if split from Zelda. Having to rely on a form I don't like to play as one of the few characters I enjoy playing as heavily would be a problem.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Link in Smash 64 used the Boomerang cause Sakurai didn't know Adult Link couldn't use it. :smirk:
Source? I've heard this before, but I've never seen it myself.

And your point is null and void IMO because Sakurai kept both the Adult Link design and the Boomerang in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom