• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube Videos, Flash, etc...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PryRFc0CY

So, we don't have power thanks to Gustav. I decided to go outside with the camera and film how dark it really was. This is actually outside my house. That loud noise is the generator in my dad's truck. Tonight, I'll film more with a flashlight to add some depth to how dark it is.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PryRFc0CY

So, we don't have power thanks to Gustav. I decided to go outside with the camera and film how dark it really was. This is actually outside my house. That loud noise is the generator in my dad's truck. Tonight, I'll film more with a flashlight to add some depth to how dark it is.
wow, you actually live near the Gulf coast, did you experience any damage nearby (roof, fence, tree damege etc..?) luckily I didn't, thank god.

Leifio

Smash Cadet
I am seriously doubting anyone will see this but if u do mute the terrible music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQQtJlZBKQ
this is why being fat/addicted to video games sucks..........................................
............................................................................................

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I watched the whole length of it. Fascinating for the most part. Some of the science is a little cloudy, specifically on the subatomic and electromagnetic physics. The psychology is excellent.

The message itself can be taken paradoxically: how do we know that the video's maker isn't trying to influence the viewer through his video? That is the point isn't it? Fascinating.

I think some of his claims are a little dicey, such as the connected nature of our psyche to our environment to our universe. While it is true our minds are a series of electrical pulses between neurons in our brain, they cannot be affected by much. Although magnetic fields do influenced charged particles and the narrator of the video does mention electromagnetism... I'm going to have to do some more research to figure these things out.

I only wished that the narrator sited more of his information so the viewer can step away from the video and draw their own conclusions with the information instead of taking the narrator's conclusions for granted. That was one of the major points of his video: to find the information and draw your own conclusions instead of following a consensus.

As far as his claims of the government and conspiracies are concerned, again he places himself in a paradox: since the best way to make an issue unimportant is to endorse it and embellish it to the point it is ridiculous (as the narrator says himself), who is he to say that he isn't doing the same thing? Yes governments have done terrible things to other people, but I can't help feeling that the narrator is trying to put the viewer in a guilt-trip by bringing up all these issues and linking them to the viewer as if to say: "How can you support governments that do this?"

The narrator encourages questioning and the drawing of one's own conclusions, so I will in turn question the narrator and draw my own conclusions... quite a paradox, isn't it?

anyways, my two cents on that.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
I was directed here after stupidly making my own thread.

My friends and I have started a weekly show called "Hear Me Out." It's about two roommates and their daily dealings. Give it a watch and let me know what you think. We were aiming for comedy, and I think that we got it. Take a look at it and feel free to subscribe if you like it. We will have new episodes out every Tuesday. As of this post there are three episodes, two from last week and one from this week.

Our Channel

Episode 1: The Bad News

Episode 2: Dwight's Bed

Episode 3: And So I Said...

Thanks for watching!

Top Bottom