• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube Memes Mafia Game Over! Town... WINS :D lolwut end scum win streak B****EZ!!!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
N1 kill was to look pro-town hoping I could fake vig later
N2 was randomized by mod because I was 3 days away at a new year's party [I think it was that time]
N3 was because KevMo was being cleared and that would have turned out to be my loss

:059:

Swiss

Smash Lord
N1 Acrostic because I couldn't kill X1, Acrostic fitted the bill of 'no connections death' that I wanted, wasn't scummy and would never have been docced.

N2 was OH WAIT I was dead.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
And of course, the random shot hits ME of all people.

I don't get a shout out from you, Swiss? :( lol

Swiss

Smash Lord
And of course, the random shot hits ME of all people.

I don't get a shout out from you, Swiss? :( lol
I skimmed a lot! I don't remember anything about your play - so you fall into the 'GG you win' category :p

@Swiss:

LOL U MADDD
Still amazed that, even knowing exactly what your plan was, Kuz managed out himself and myself in less than a day. Still he's learnt ridiculous amounts since then. I've failed as anti-town before. Once.

Honestly, you got so lucky with a bad play. But it worked, so props.

X1-12

Smash Champion
lol, it worked ergo it was good? surely?

lol also dunno if you're mad about it or not but I genuinely didn't intentionally copy Oddworld.

@Gheb: Surely the fact the vig cuts down on players means you won't have to survive for as many Days and makes the game easier for you too, I don't think you were the hardest done by in this game in terms of set-up tbh. You were given a restriction which heavily implies town, was there a punishment for it? if so you could have broken it once accidentally and used it as town cred

Swiss

Smash Lord
lol, it worked ergo it was good? surely?
Definitely not. Imo anyway. Kicking a football wildly at the goal isn't as good as aiming it then shooting - but sometimes you'll get it in anyway.

lol also dunno if you're mad about it or not but I genuinely didn't intentionally copy Oddworld.
Nah I'm not really mad. But seeing my N0 gambit used like that did actually pain me.

You did play pretty well this game - self investigation after the GF flipped? That was ********. Your play never seems to quite make sense to me, but hey, you won. GG.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
X1, my WinCon is to be the last ****ing man standing. That alone made it the faction with the smallest chance to win by far. And the hole "restriction = town" idea is complete BS.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I actually do think that Gheb probably should of been BP (even though that would of cost us the game) and that sk has the hardest wincon by defualt, no matter what the set up. The only reason sk really got as far as he did was probably because the role WAS being played by Gheb.

In matter of fact, if I had to choose someone to get the MVP (besides X1 and/or myself) I would choose Gheb. He did really well and pretty much remained on everyones town list until the last Day when it was confirmed that he was anti-town.

Imo, who this set up was balanced towards (in order from most to least):

mafia
town
sk

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Double Rainbow Guy:

So one day, in your lodge, you see what, perhaps? A DOUBLE RAINBOW ACROSS THE SKY! For some reason you felt the need to record this majestic moment and upload it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBtE7W74XJM. This might've been an incredible moment for you, but a hilarious one for millions. But, you get the last laugh, cuz who's getting the profit? YOU ARE! No harm no foul :p.

Let’s go to the present day. You have a strange letter in the mail, saying that you were invited to the Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony. “Inducting ceremony? Sounds great!”.

So, at the Youtube Memes Hall of Fame, you see some familiar faces, and familiar faces see you. But, the lights go out. “AHHHHHH!”. The lights turn back on, and the Evolution of Dance guy is dead on the middle of the stage. You run to the door, but no dice, the door’s locked. Somebody in the room did it. And you want to know who.

You are the Double Rainbow Guy, Vanilla Townie. Your abilities are your voice and reason. You win when all of the anti-town factions are eliminated.

In order to confirm, post a Youtube Meme quote in the thread. Probz don't wanna use yours for obvious reason though :p

The Average Homeboy:

Yoooooo man! Denny Blaze in the hiz-house! You’re just an average homeboy trying to make it into the rap world. Too bad you decided to make what has to be the most SILLY white rapping video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_iMuZ3ZDw. And instead of being taken seriously, you’re now known as the average homeboy. But, no harm no foul :awesome:.

Let’s go to the present day. You have a strange letter in the mail, saying that you were invited to the Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony. “Inducting ceremony? Sounds great!”.

So, at the Youtube Memes Hall of Fame, you see some familiar faces, and familiar faces see you. But, the lights go out. “AHHHHHH!”. The lights turn back on, and the Evolution of Dance guy is dead on the middle of the stage. You run to the door, but no dice, the door’s locked. Somebody in the room did it. And you want to know who.

You are the Average Homeboy, Vanilla Townie. Your abilities are your voice and reason. You win when all of the anti-town factions are eliminated.

Miss Teen South Carolina:

Hello precious, Caitlin Upton! You’re so pretty. In fact, so pretty, that you decided a while back that you’d participate in the Miss South Carolina Teen USA pageant. Too bad looks aren’t the only things needed to win a beauty pageant. When asked why 1/5 of Americans couldn’t locate the United States on a map, you decided to answer in the following way:

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some . . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"

VERY articulate. Now, that was a blunder, indeed. You didn’t mean to sound so idiotic. But a man with no heart decided to put your response on Youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww, and you’ve been the laughing stock on South Carolina ever since. But, you got a lot of public attention too. So, no harm no foul :awesome:!

You are Mrs. Teen South Carolina, Vanilla Townie. Your abilities are your voice and reason. You win when all of the anti-town factions are eliminated.

David After Dentist:

Ahh, David. Remember the day you went to the dentist to get that extra tooth removed? Good times :). Oh, and when the dentist gave you anesthesia? Man, you were loopy! But the best part was when your dad put up your reaction to the wacky gas on Youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs! SO many people saw that! And you got a lot of recognition. So, it really WAS a good thing!

You are David After Dentist, Vanilla Townie. Your abilities are your voice and reason. You win when all of the anti-town factions are eliminated.

Tron Guy:

Hello there, Mr. Maynard. You’re a straight up loser. Remember the movie Tron? Remember when you decided to make a costume based on the movie?! Yea. It was bad. But the worst part is when you dropped your shame and shared your costume with the world by uploading the thing on Youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3609OtM138c. Of course, you ended up getting plenty of recognition for it too. Didn’t help your lady issues, but you weren’t looking for that, so, no harm no foul :awesome:.

You are the Tron Guy, Town Vigilante. Each night, you can send me the command Kill: Player A, but don’t necessarily have to. Player A will end up dead the following day. You win when all of the anti-town factions are eliminated.

Jonathan the Zombie:

Oh, Jonathan. All you wanted to do was have a good time at the Waterfront Village! And while you were there, you got an AWESOME face paint job! But, some freaking news reporter HAD to talk to you. They HAD to ask you about your face paint job! So, out of your horrible nerves, this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y. It sucks that that happened, yea. But… it made for one of the most uncomfortable moments for that news reporters :p, and you probably got it in with all of the ladies at school ;). So, no harm, no foul.

You’re Jonathan the Zombie, Town Medium. Here’s a QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/ayRuSkpmdAfr. Once a townie dies, they will be given this link. Once they get the QuickTopic, you’re allowed to talk about ANYTHING. At ANY time. Cool beans? I thought so :p. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

Rick Astley:

What’s up Rick? This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ was one of the most hip videos of its time! Never gonna give you up? Never gonna let you down? Those are empowering words!

But… So many years later, some jerk got the funny idea to link your video vs the original video advertised. Funny, no. But it caught on for some reason. And, hey! That actually helps your popularity! I, for one, would never know the name Rick Astley if it weren’t for the Rick Roll. You gain everything from this. Hell, this video is your popularity with the next generation! So congrats on the accidental fame!

You’re Rick Astley, never givng it up, never letting it down! So, as the Town Cop, you won’t tell a lie and hurt em. Each Night, you can investigate one person. You will get a result of either Guilty, if the player you investigate is a part of the Mafia, or innocent, if the player is NOT a part of the Mafia. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

You have a posting restriction! The first word in each post of yours must have the next verse in the chorus in the song Never Gonna Give You Up. For example, your first post must start with the word Never. Your next post will start with the word Give, so on and so forth. When you get to the last word, you’ll just start all over! Whether you make it your title, or the first word in your first sentence, I don’t care, so long as it’s the first word in your post. The restriction is lifted on D3. For every three times you break the restriction, you will be punished. You’ll notice your punishment when it comes up. But it’s BAD. Trust me.

Afro Ninja:

Yo! What’s up dude? You like your job as a stuntman? I bet you do. Well, remember that ninja role you went out for? And how badly you messed up? Well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtIoGQxqQs, I do ;). Some a**hole decided to put your blunder on the internet. But the joke is on THEM! You got the part anyway! HAHAHA! So you get a little bit of chuckles on the way? Still a bad a** mutha f***a in my eyes!

Luckily, after your famous video, you took some medical classes to study on that odd bump on your head you got from that fall. You thought it was a waste when you realized it was just a deformation? Haha. Now you got use as the Town Doctor. Each Night, you can tell me to protect one player from being killed at night. If somebody targets them for a kill, it won’t happen. So, good luck, and use your medical skills, not your nun chucks. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

Numa Numa Guy:

Oh, Gary Brolsma. You’re a funny, funny man. Remember that day that you decided to pick up your webcam? And record yourself lip-syncing that particular song from O-Zone? How’d it go? “Numa Numa ey!”? Oh wait, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk, that’s RIGHT! This video became INSANELY popular over the course of months. Your recognition and popularity after this video became the reason you have food on your table. So, it’s worth any general embarrassment you might’ve gotten, right ;)?

Now, most normal people in the world were probably freaked the f*** out after seeing this video. I mean, come on! Who wouldn’t be scared of a really fat man doing an awkward dance? So with that image stained in every person’s mind, you have the ability of the Town Roleblocker. Each night, you can tell me one person who you whose Night ability you’d like to stop. Once you send me that name, the image of you dancing, flailing your arms will be stained in their mind through the Night, stopping them from moving at all. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

Antoine Dodson:

Yo daw. ‘Membah dat day dat ya baby sista got assaulted by dat a**hole? Ye, in Lincoln Park man! Dawg, you went in der and f***ed that boi up! Den, da news vans came up and wanted dat intaview wit cha. All ya wanted to do wuz warn da peepz of Lincoln Park to hide dey kids, hide dey wivez, and hide dey husbands, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520. But, no one in dat city of yo’s took yo a** serious. And some a**hole finna go and put dat s*** up on Youtube? Dat’s green as f*** dawg!

It’s da present day, and ya still wanna go and find dat boi dat assaulted yo baby sista. Ya get a letta in da mail sayin dat der’s gon’ be a Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and ya fink to ya self, “Hey! Mah sista’s assaulta’s gotta be der! He finna try me like dis? Oh hell na!” So, ya’ll go to dat ceremony, and da lights turn out. “AHHHHHHH!”, someone screams. Da lights turn on, and F*** DAWG! Some cracka be on da flo’ dead! It’s dat Evolution of Dance guy! What da **** dawg?! Ya fink to yaself, “Oh hell na. I ain’t finna die, so I’ll kill e’ryone else first!”.

You’re Antione Dodson, the Independent Serial Killer. Each Night, you must tell me one person you’d like to kill. The following Day, that person will show up dead. You win once you’re the last man standing. Simple, huh? Man, you knew there was a twist!

You have a posting restriction! Every post that you make MUST use a bunch of improper grammar. Like, how my first two paragraphs were made to you. This doesn’t mean you have to be OBNOXIOUS, but you gotta type improperly. Whether or not you break the posting restriction is up to my discretion, and the restriction is lifted D3. Breaking your restriction three times will result in a punishment. You won’t know what the punishment is until you break your restriction. But, you don’t want to break it. Cuz the punishment is VERY bad. Trust me >:D.

Harry (Charlie Bit My Finger’s older brother):

Remember that day that your parents were filming you and your little brother, Charlie, playing on the couch? And when that little brat bit your finger? Oh, what a terrible day… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM... From there on, you’ve been thinking terrible thoughts, mostly about killing that brother of yours.

Let’s go to the present day. You’re in the park, when suddenly, The Star Wars Kid comes up to you and makes you a proposition. “We both want something, Harry. I want to rid of the top Youtube Memes, and you want your little brother dead. I can help you with your issue, if you help me with mine. Do we have a deal?” he asked.

“It sounds good, Star Wars Kid. But, how am I going to help you?”, you reply.

“Just listen to me, Harry. You’ll be my Mafia Goon. You’ll join me and Chris Crocker on the road to total victory. You really don’t have to do anything. Know that I’m your Godfather, and that respecting me is your best option. If I die, I’ll give you my gun. And every Night, you’ll be able to kill one person. But that’s ONLY when I die. This will totally work! Here. Use this to talk to me and Chris privately: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/bGnmrpTLE2T. Nobody must know that we’re aligned. So, we’ll fly to America, meet up with Chris, and get the plan started. No questions.”

So now, in America, you, Chris, and the Star Wars kid set up the “Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony”. All of your guests are inside, and the plan is ready to begin. So, the lights are killed, the doors become locked, the Star Wars Kid kills the Evolution of Dance guy, and the lights turn back on. Will you make it without being caught as one of the bad guys? We’ll see ;).

Chris Crocker:

Ahh, Chris. Remember back in the day when Brittany Spears became psychologically disturbed? I know I do… And you do too. You went on Yotube and expressed your emotions to the world, hoping to reach those that felt the same way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc. But the world just laughed in your face! And Brittany will never be what she was back in the day. Man, you’d give the world to have the old Brittany back.

Now, in the present day, you’re on a field, picking daisies. Suddenly, you’re approached by the Star Wars Kid! “Hello, Chris Crocker”, he starts saying. “You probably know me as the Star Wars Kid. I know that you so desperately want the old Brittany Spears to come back to life. Well, I found out a way how to. And no, I’m not bulls***ting you with this.

“What’s the catch?” you reply.

“You work with me on a special project. I want all of the other Youtube Memes dead. And I know how I’m going to do it. You, me, and Charlie Bit My Finger’s older brother are going to set up a fake Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony to lure them all here. And we’ll kill them off one by one. It’s a full proof plan! Just acknowledge me as your Godfather, and I’ll turn you into my Mafia Yakuza. Once I make you my Yakuza, you’ll be able to choose any night. During that Night, you’ll sacrifice your life to turn one of the Youtube Memes into the old Brittany Spears. She’ll work for me, and once she’s done with your commitment to me, she’ll be free to roam the world. Understood?”

“Understood”.

“Good. Now, you, or Brittany, will also attain the ability to kill one person every Night. But only when me and Harry both die. Not any time before that. Here will be your means of talking to us two privately: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/bGnmrpTLE2T. Now, I’ll get Harry over here from the UK and we’ll get started.”

Let’s fast forward to the “Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony”. All of your guests are inside, and the plan is ready to begin. So, the lights are killed, the doors become locked, the Star Wars Kid kills the Evolution of Dance guy, and the lights turn back on. Will you make it without being caught as one of the bad guys? We’ll see ;).

The Star Wars Kid:

Ghyslain Raza. Remember when you were a kid and you were having a good time messing with some video equipment, filming a small scene of Star Wars? And then your d*****bag peers in your school stole the video and put it online, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU! That emotionally scarred you, and you sued them all for harassment. But you’re not done with your revenge.

In the present day, you realize something: “Hey! My video isn’t leaving the internet. So, instead of complaining, I’ll set out to be the most popular Youtube meme in the world! But, that’ll be hard to do alone…”. After thinking for a couple, you realize something: “Oh my gosh! Chris Crocker and Charlie Bit My Finger’s little brother probably want something too! How about I get them to join me?!” So, after concocting the genius plan to destroy all of the other Youtube memes, you call yourself the Mafia Godfather, which allows you to look innocent, if a cop decides to investigate you during the night, and also gives you the ability to kill during the night. So, after calling yourself the Godfather, you set out to get Chris Crocker and Harry, Charlie Bit My Finger’s little brother.

Now, you go to a field, where you see Chris Crocker picking daisies. You approach him, preparing to convince him to go take your hand in the fight against the Youtube Memes.

“You probably know me as the Star Wars Kid”, you start off by saying. “I know that you so desperately want the old Brittany Spears to come back to life. Well, I found out a way how to. And no, I’m not bulls***ting you with this.

“What’s the catch?” Chris replies.

“You work with me on a special project. I want all of the other Youtube Memes dead. And I know how I’m going to do it. You, me, and Charlie Bit My Finger’s older brother are going to set up a fake Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony to lure them all here. And we’ll kill them off one by one. It’s a full proof plan! Just acknowledge me as your Godfather, and I’ll turn you into my Mafia Yakuza. Once I make you my Yakuza, you’ll be able to choose any night. During that Night, you’ll sacrifice your life to turn one of the Youtube Memes into the old Brittany Spears. She’ll work for me, and once she’s done with your commitment to me, she’ll be free to roam the world. Understood?”

“Understood”.

“Good. Now, you, or Brittany, will also attain the ability to kill one person every Night. But only when me and Harry both die. Not any time before that. Here will be your means of talking to us two privately: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/bGnmrpTLE2T. Now, I’ll get Harry over here from the UK and we’ll get started.”

Now, after the flight to the UK, you see Harry in the park, alone. You take the perfect opportunity to approach him and convince him to side with you.

“We both want something, Harry.”, you start. “I want to rid of the top Youtube Memes, and you want your little brother dead. I can help you with your issue, if you help me with mine. Do we have a deal?”.

“It sounds good, Star Wars Kid. But, how am I going to help you?”, he replies.

“Just listen to me, Harry. You’ll be my Mafia Goon. You’ll join me and Chris Crocker on the road to total victory. You really don’t have to do anything. Know that I’m your Godfather, and that respecting me is your best option. If I die, I’ll give you my gun. And every Night, you’ll be able to kill one person. But that’s ONLY when I die. This will totally work! Here. Use this to talk to me and Chris privately: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/bGnmrpTLE2T. Nobody must know that we’re aligned. So, we’ll fly to America, meet up with Chris, and get the plan started. No questions.”

Now, you’re in America, and it’s the night of the Youtube Memes Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Finally, when all of the guests come, you start the plan by killing the lights, locking the door, murdering the Evolution of Dance guy, and turning the lights back on. Now, it’s time for the ultimate test: Stay alive to kill everyone else. Will you, Harry, and Chris be able to do it? Let’s hope so ;).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man, these are all such obscure memes. I only recognize Dodson and Astley. I thought you were going to use some more obvious stuff but that way the game has some ... educational value :bee:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I kinda thought you were going to use more obvious stuff like Vegeta, Guile Theme or Mudkipz.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
Wait I'm not getting MVP for pinning all of mafia and indie on D2. Even when dealing with all the bull**** of bad townies trying to lynch me since D2?!

WHOA SALTYNESS ACTIVATE :mad:

haha

-KevinM

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hella NaCl up in this bizzatch

Get me my Mortons bath.

Also Gheb I knew you were scummin it as soon as you wouldn't take my hand :p

Lol @ Swiss.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
told yall scum only wins so much cuz smashboards has ****ty town players

once we get oldschool(kevinm) to join more games (and actually be town), Town's gonna start winning again =D

/didn't actually read this game

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I was half a townie :p

I try to help town as SK because chances for Mafia to randomly shoot me are higher than town lynching me before endgame.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
As far as MVP choices, I had to think of it a lot. And I came up with my final decision. I'd have to say that, although town did play REALLY well, that not one, not two, but three townies stood out to me as far as incredible play, and they were Kevin, Sword, and X1.

Kevin, Swiss makes a great point that it's not your fault that you weren't listened to. You had, DEFINITELY, the best town play, and the only flaw I saw was your saltiness and bitterness in a couple of places, but it was CERTAINLY not anti town or an ego problem. It was just a dumb town not listening to you. You, really, knew who every anti town player was by D2. I was even talking to ZV, and I was like holy ****, for being out of the town game for 13 games, he's doing incredibly. You seemed to be blatantly obvtown to me on Swiss' flip (seriously, how was he a scumpick guys? That just COULDN'T be a bus). You, in my opinion, deserve the MVP the most.

Sword, your Night play was laughable. But, the way that you had the WHOLE scum team pinned by D1 was amazing. Had you shot Nabe N1 (Remember you were telling me how you were thinking of shooting Nabe in your vigshot PM?), this game would've been THAT MUCH more fun to watch. Your wise choices and your incredible Day play overall is what makes me consider giving you MVP.

X1, your gambit was a mess. It worked, but that's not why you're getting MVP. The fact that you were able to disect Kuz's scumminess from the N0 gambit was great, and after his flip, the way that you identified his actions as chainsaw was also great. It was funny, how you were SO confident in Swissscum D2 and just REFUSED to take your suspicions elsewhere. Yes it's tunneling, but at the same time, it was a confident read. Identifying Nabe's lie was great as well, and you ended up making the absolute right decision upon lynching. GGs.

So with that, imma go submit you three for MVP of Youtube Memes :awesome:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lmao @ Kevbro saltiness

Just because you won as a non BP SK doesn't mean it's good design yo. The **** is One Piece mafia anyway? I ain't never heard of that scrub ****, where you playin' that isn't Dgames that's keeping you away from here? >:-(

*dead @ 3 MVPS* No but really wtf is this ****.

I can really only see a mod giving two MVP awards if like a masonry ran the game, or like you had exceptional play from two people on opposing factions.

BTW if someone's night play was laughable, they shouldn't get MVP. Being an MVP is a combination of playing both pro your wincon very well AND playing your role very well, and being terrible at night with your ability is very obviously TERRIBLE PR play.

Whatever, I'm not the mod, nor did I play in this game, but let's not be diluting exactly what MVP status should be. Remember MVP means MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, not "the guy who was the most memorable, did a cool thing, or made the most effort".

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
We should probably take a vote on this.

I say two MVPs: Gheb/Sword (sorry X1).

Replace me/Gheb out with KevinM if you really feel he deserves a MVP.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think everyone underrates how important the N0 gambit was, I knew at any time I could reveal it was a gambit and Swiss would believe me (if town) something which I could ride to LYLO, while at the same time scum would never want to NK me because I was just suspicious enough, allowing me to gain crap loads of cop investigations which would almost inevitably win us the game in LYLO. I also hear what everyone is saying about Kev's and/or Sword's reads D2 - and I agree with them, it was good - but on the other hand I was largely responsible for the two consecutive scum lynches and then calling Nabe's lie in LYLO for the win.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I want to be MVP so no false modesty today. If I had to give a second pick it would be Kev.

EDIT: I will make no bones in saying I feel I was overwhelmingly responsible for the lynch of all three mafiats

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
N0 Gambit could have also cost us the game is the main point that people are making X1, this is no longer about MVP this is more how that play could have cost the game on D1 if you had chosen incorrectly, and considering you drew that call out of a hat you had a 3/whatever chance to be useful and a lot larger chance to win the game for mafia because you felt like being interesting haha

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"Kevin - MVP imo. Totally destroyed the game. Had all 3 scum pinned AND the indie. Fantastic. Why people didn't listen to him after he was effectively confirmed non-scum is their fault - not his."

*Cough*Brofist**Cough*

X1-12

Smash Champion
Well firstly I disagree that it could have cost us the game, I purposely chose Swiss because I knew he could see that it was X1Town doing it regardless of anything else that happened. I already stated that I would have dropped it if I got a town read from Swiss.

In the parallel universe where I did this and it cost town the game, I shouldn't get MVP, however in this game I should.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I think everyone underrates how important the N0 gambit was, I knew at any time I could reveal it was a gambit and Swiss would believe me (if town) something which I could ride to LYLO, while at the same time scum would never want to NK me because I was just suspicious enough, allowing me to gain crap loads of cop investigations which would almost inevitably win us the game in LYLO. I also hear what everyone is saying about Kev's and/or Sword's reads D2 - and I agree with them, it was good - but on the other hand I was largely responsible for the two consecutive scum lynches and then calling Nabe's lie in LYLO for the win.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I want to be MVP so no false modesty today. If I had to give a second pick it would be Kev.

EDIT: I will make no bones in saying I feel I was overwhelmingly responsible for the lynch of all three mafiats
You outed yourself as cop D1 to any mafiat with a brain - you KNEW you would not be CC'd.

This is what would have happened in a normal situation:

You target a townie. Standard D1 mislynch.

You (cop) dies N1. People lynch the townie you supposedly had a guilty on.

We go into D3 with NO scum dead.

It was a terrible gambit, and had any decent scum been in this game (like me) and you'd targeted a townie you would have single handedly lost town the game.

You tried to use a (my) short term gambit long term and it cannot be used like that

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I think Kev was right for the wrong reasons. I never felt Kev attempting to persuade anyone of anything; it's great to be right but if no one believes you then you're not doing a good job. Saying you're right isn't enough.

X1 took a big risk that paid off, but it was luck. Late-game play wasn't stellar. IMO the lie I caught in D1 could've drowned you.

Swords didn't make a huge impression in Day or Night. He was right to kill Bed, and I can't blame him for choosing GLG, but nothing exceptional.

If anyone could be said to have carried the game, I would put that on X1's shoulders, but that's a "have to choose" situation. If we had yakked properly, both scum factions would've had a shot at winning and town would've been out entirely. That's the fault of the setup, that it's so swingy, but still.

Top Bottom