• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Wifi Code of Honor

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
1. If the lag is superbad, I don't spam Ness' PK Fire. Unless I have to prove the lag is superbad. Same for Wolf FSmash.

2. At the start of a match on a sane stage *after* a few games which establish there are at least two serious other players, I will crouch taunt / specific character taunt to see if other people react. If they do, I will attempt to create a 1v1.
If this happens, I will make sure TO KILL MY CHARACTER so there is NO CONFUSION over whether I'm just TRYING TO WIN THE FFA.
I will then proceed to give myself -3 score, and then do my utmost to avoid getting hit, or even affecting the players' or their projectiles' movements in any way.

3. If items appear, and the duel continues, I abet it. But if any complications have arisen, I troll people with Pink Falcon until the scrub GTFO.
Trolling may take any form. The objective is to make people annoyed, and make them realize no one is safe, and there is no logic to the match, as long as there is an item. Someone who is not me must leave or turn off items.

4. If the stage is absurd, I taunt spam and slowly kill myself the whole match. Also troll people.

5. If the stage is controversial, I choose a taunt representing confusion or arrogance, and proceed to humour the game seriously for educational purposes. Respect is shown to players who find the stage absurd and clearly communicate that they want no part of it.
Unless the stage is controversial and sane in my estimation, in which case, I choose a taunt to indicate my awareness of the irregularity of the stage, but a desire to play it out. Refer to number 6 below.

6. If something unusual happens to delay the start of a match, I indicate my intent to fight anyway by waving a jab or aerial around near the player and crouch taunting, and so forth. If no one bites, I just keep asking and don't hit people.

7. If people are ***** about hanging back from the action only to take a kill and win with +1 - that is, by looking like they want to see a 1v1, or something else like I've described above - I spend the next game trolling them specifically with Pink Falcon, then quit.

8. I don't assume people are aware that 2 is necessary to have a duel in With Anyone, so I don't "crash taunt parties." But refer to 7.
If all three other players are just in a taunt party, I quit.

9. MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you're EVER linked to a three-player game, and there isn't a computer, kill yourself and encourage a duel. Don't care that no one ever reciprocates the favour. If one player kills you, let the other hit you, then go on. If both players don't get it, leave. If only one player doesn't get it, continue to avoid being hit and encourage the duel.

10. If a computer player is present, play the FFA. (EDIT2: If the stage has zero hazards, no items are on, and the computer wins, kill yourself. In real life. But save the replay and send me a recording first.)

12. Any rules except for 6 and 9 may be ignored if items appear in absurd quantities, or the absurd items appear, but it is important to express your contempt for the items themselves clearly.

I'd like to point out that application of 5 has taught me that Eldin Bridge is sane in FFAs. Neither Falco's lasers or Kirby/grab camping on the sides is broken.

I enjoyed codifying this. Thanks for the thread.

EDIT: Just to note: In my view, there is no such thing as AFC. Standing still, even being K.O.d, is a strategy, and there is no way to be "fair" in regards to such a player except to play the FFA as it is: A source of points.

I've been in some exciting games with a dummy participant, trying to K.O. it more than others, but sometimes trying to keep others from K.O.ing it, depending on my character's tools.

The existence of the bolded part is why I can't make sense of people who think their righteousness is clear when they protect the still guy.
Again, refer to 2. If you haven't SDd several times, I assume you're actually playing this game to win it.

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
If they fall off but can get back on, ill jump off too, why, its fun

Taunt when I kill them, taunt when I come back

Put encouraging things in my taunt, im not gunna spam with insults its pathetic and stupid

Start the taunt party (YOUR TOO SLOW!!!)

Dodge and stay in taunt party mode until everyone else ignores me

Fight my best if my opponent does the same

My code of honor:

1.If someone is AFK, I will not attack, or even nudge them.
2.If someone is trying to get an unfair KO by trying to KO the AFK Brawler, I will stop them.
3.If there is a taunt party, I will join.
4.If there is a crasher, I will chase after them and force them to fight me until they're gone.
5.If there's two crashers, and me and a partier, I will protect my fellow partier.
6.Always use stock
7.Never share stock at your team mate's high damage percent at 2 stock unless it's utterly necessary.
8. Fight with no items.
9. Do not spam attacks.
10.Always use non-banned stages.
11.Always use Meta Knight.
12. Fight at my best.
13.If there is a new player, I will simply fight at their level(only in my friend matches) so they don't whine.
14.Congratulate my opponent, even if they sucked.
15.If they sucked, I give them advice, and point out their mistakes.
16.Don't quit a match unless necessary.
17. If my opponent says they failed, I'll encourage them (This mostly happens with my friend Blue.)
18.Beat the living crap out of CPUs.

...I feel so...weird after listing them.

PyroChameleon

Smash Cadet
1. Fight with no items.
2. When playing a friendly game i dont edgegrab or any suicide (kirbycide).
3. When a player gets killed by the stage i kill myself to make it even again.
4. No killing while player is not moving.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
1.Finish with a blow. (Never edgeguard, let your opponent fall, etc)

2. Taunt after an epic kill.

3. Taunt if your opponent spams and I beat them.

4. Never spam back.

5. Never chaingrab.

6. Crash taunt parties.

7. Never John and accept defeat if opponent proves to be more skilled.

8. Challenge players who claim to be skilled.

9. Enjoy the fight.

10. No items.

11. Never underestimate my opponents.

12. Encourage people to keep brawling even if they claim to suck.

Lol It may be wierd, but I go by them.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Whenever I do get sucked into playing wifi, I only have 2 rules (because I'm assuming the person playing me will pick no items, legal stages etc unless we're messing around) and they're only for other Ness players:

1. I won't suck up PKT

2. I won't slow down their PKT2 with my PKT

global-wolf

Smash Champion
In basic brawl:
-If it's a taunt party, I join in.
-If it's a taunt party and there's sudden death, I SD.
-If someone wants to start a taunt party but the other players don't get it, I don't fight that person.

In team battle:
-If a person in the other team isn't moving, I stand next to them and taunt.
-If there's sudden death a the person in the other team SD's, I SD.

Derressh

Smash Cadet
1. Never go to Basic Brawl looking for a serious match, as 9/10 of them are taunt parties (or at least semi-taunt parties)
2. If there is a taunt party, I'll join in.
3. Try not to think about the ever-present lag.
4. Annoy the hell out of people in an actual FFA (often times I'm the guy that sits in the corner and waits for someone to come to him).
5. Start as Squirtle
6. Skip Ivy (unless they phail)
7. Tank with Zard.

I would probably consider myself to still be a bit of a scrub, still get punished for stupid mistakes, whiffed moves, etc. But I seems to be good enough to at least put up a fight in most wifi matches, if not win. :dizzy:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Basic Brawl:

1: Use evercharacter/always switch character after each match (Rarely/Never Use my Main)
2: No Items.
3: Create Combos
4: Try and Have fun
5: If someones in a taunt "group" leave them alone
6: Never abuse the smash attacks.
7: etc etc(and much more ;) )

Some of the "basic" codes of what I follow in basic brawl

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
i velieve taunt games are easy, i KO the people and win as yoshi!! i rarely fight other yoshis though no one uses him.

Top Bottom