• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Stupid Little Melee Thoughts...

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
A loooooong time ago I used to think Dthrow to Shine was the best Fox combo ever :p
I also thought that the C-stick was for noobs who didn't know how to do smashes. Im gonna stop talking now bc I'm sick of looking like an idiot....SHFFL, WD, CC, SHL, SHDL, DFAIR, KEN COMBO, SHINE SPIKE, WAVESHINE! Phew, okay I feel better now, heh.

foxes only combo in brawl is dair to shine ;D so its his best combo

debaser

Smash Lord
Dthrow to shine with falco, aww yeah. I might've tried an uair if I was feeling saucy

also, I thought marth was **** and mewtwo was the ****

Superstar

Smash Champion
foxes only combo in brawl is dair to shine ;D so its his best combo
Drill ->utilt/shine/dsmash/jab/grab/usmash, the slower ones happen with more percentage, dsmash requires minimum 50%, around there.

nair->reverse utilt

and shine->dash attack seems to work on fast fallers even though it's not counted as a combo in training mode, despite buffering a shield not working.

I know these combos are very petty compared to Melee and is one of the reasons Brawl sucks, but it's more than dair to shine.

------------------------------------------------------

Me and my brother were playing Pichu dittos for fun, and we had to fight Mewtwo. We thought he was the best in the game and that we had no chance of winning.

I thought YLink was > Link, jabs had absolutely no use, wavedash did nothing, L-Cancel was just a nice addition, and Smash+A was a better method than the C-Stick.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I though that kirby was the best character in the game and his up-b was the best move in the game (because it's impossible to dodge or punish, right...?)

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I use to think Roy>Marth, WD was air-dodging straight above the ground (instead of into the ground), Kirbycides were dishonorable, and roll-spam was overpowered.

Good Times...

Sanu

Smash Champion
Drill ->utilt/shine/dsmash/jab/grab/usmash, the slower ones happen with more percentage, dsmash requires minimum 50%, around there.

nair->reverse utilt

and shine->dash attack seems to work on fast fallers even though it's not counted as a combo in training mode, despite buffering a shield not working.

I know these combos are very petty compared to Melee and is one of the reasons Brawl sucks, but it's more than dair to shine.

------------------------------------------------------

Me and my brother were playing Pichu dittos for fun, and we had to fight Mewtwo. We thought he was the best in the game and that we had no chance of winning.

I thought YLink was > Link, jabs had absolutely no use, wavedash did nothing, L-Cancel was just a nice addition, and Smash+A was a better method than the C-Stick.
Fox's fair combos into itself.

Anyways.... I don't have much to say here that hasn't already been said.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
dthrow->shine with fox.

I hardly ever used aerials.

I didn't know about spot-dodging until about a year after I got the game. (I randomly watched the how to play video and did a double take when I saw Mario sidestep Boozer's fsmash)

I didn't use my shield, and thus the shield grab, because I thought attacking was the only thing that mattered.

I thought Marth sucked and Roy was amazing because Roy had a "better fsmash".

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
i used to think samus' up-b was cheap.

i used to think jigglypuff was a girl

i used to think master hand was game and watch

i used to think wavedash, shffl and the like were just for show

i once tried to get sonic

so yeah...weve all been there

goateeguy

Smash Ace
well, i still think jigg's gender is debatable, considering it can be bred and that it wears flowers and pink ribbons and stuff. His only manly form seems to be the awesome green headband that makes him a kung fu master.

Spife

Smash Master
I KNOW Link's Up-B is the best move in the game >.>

I use to think that beating two level 9's (Marth and Roy...on Temple) was a good enough reason for Link to be at a better position in the tier list.

That's all I remember.

Zialox

Smash Rookie
lets see...The first character I ever played was roy, and I used solely his up-b (i didn't own the game at the time). After some years of doing that at friends houses I used solely falco. I solely up-b'ed into people and nobody knew what to do against that it was so good, so I was banned from playing falco (I never used fox) I used to think falco was shouting "BETA!" when he used his up b so I called it the beta strategy. its was so broken at the time...

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Man this thread is Hilarious!! I can totally relate to this!

- Used to think all the pro's used Game and Watch and Ness
- I thought Mewtwo was the greatest thing since sliced bread
- I thought I was good with Jigglypuff because I would stalk my friends and constantly try do "The sleep move"
- I thought Marth was female as well! (Just look at his taunt!) -- He litterally flips his hair back...
- I thought Roy was better than Marth
- Samus's charge B move was ultimate death
- I thought the best player in the world used peach
- Pichu's foreward B fully charged was godly (and still kind of is, if you can land it)
- I thought people who played without items were noobs who thought they were cool (LOL)
- Hyrule was DEFINATLY the best stage ever (you're not alone on that)
- I suicided more times than I KO'd

Man that's a lot for 5 or so years ago. God I miss the days... as I'm sure all of you do, my how I've progressed!!!

--MOP

N355

Smash Apprentice
I used to think c-sticking was for noobs . . .heh
and I didn't know how to dodge roll for the longest time

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
I used to think that the way to become the best smash player in the world was use mewtwo and roll and spot-dodge a lot.

Also I used to think that Brawl was better than melee

Oh and I thought that if you didn't have items there wasn't any skill involved, just button-mashing. (Wait, that might have been true for us)

ChromePirate, You used to think marth was male? Pfff What a N00b

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I thought GaW was the best character.
I thought Bowser, Roy, Ness, Pikachu, and Mewtwo were really good characters
I thought that Samus, Peach, Sheik, and Ganondorf were terrible characters.
I thought Falco was better than Fox, and Fox was only mediocre.
I thought that Luigi's recovery was terrible and useless.
I thought fast falling, and short hopping were hindering when I accidentally did them while a scrub.

Amide

Smash Lord
I thought Young Link was much better than Link.

I thought Roy was simply a stronger Marth, and much better.

I didn't know some people played without items >__>

Thought Jiggs was worst, Mewtwo amazing.

I never used the knee with Falcon >__>

Link Dair only KO move I used.

I thought Shiek was the best (I realized recently that people used to Shiek because easy to pick up, like Meta Knight)

Only played Hyrule

Didn't know what tilts were.

_
Yeah, I was a noob.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Marth is a girl?...

Seriously? I always suspected.

But seriously, what gender is marth...

-- The MOP
Marth is a guy... he only wears the tiara because it suppresses his overwhelming manliness, manliness so powerful that it's deadly, last time he took the tiara off, there were no survivors...

In fact, his final smash is him raising his tiara a fraction of a millimeter, unleashing such great manliness that the person hit by the next attack will die, no questions asked. If he had tried raising his tiara in this game... top tier all the way.

Marth is the most manly being in the entire universe, don't forget it, doing so is dangerous.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173274

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Ok, some of this is about Brawl...

-My friend thought King DeDeDe was Santa; thought Bowser was a lion; thought fox was a dog(I mean c'mon. IT'S IN THE FREAKIN NAME).

-He though Falco was Donald Duck and he was married to Fox.

-He paused to try to see under Peachs dress.

-He thought Marth was a lesbian and Roy was her girlfriend.

-He got really mad when me and my other friend teamed up agianst him and started beating us in real life.

-He thought Ganondorf was a gangsta.

-Thought Kirby was a talking marshmellow.

I could go on...

Yeah, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Top Bottom