• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Smashing circle

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
HaHa? - Complains about everything being unfair, average Smasher. Good at Melee, not so good at Brawl.
Sorrow - Very modest and naturally good at all the Smash games, always annoys HaHa?
Shane - Plays for the lols mostly, average at Melee and Brawl.
Jdog - Similar to Sorrow, really fun to play with.
Beau - Doesn't really care about Smash that much, but is alright when he does play.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I only recently came into the melee scene. starting in october of this year when i moved to Pittsburgh. I was all hyped to go down every week to Duq University to play melee, and get really good. THEN my employer decides to have me work every friday. So for that reason alone I can not feel upset AT ALL about not being included on D20's list :B

The Lake: The first person who replied to me when I alerted the Pittsburgh boards I was moving from Houston. More or less my Melee mentor . he is able to give very insightful analysis of my progress from coming from a state dominated by Brawl. In my opinion the deepest thinking smasher of the group, always thinking as he plays. He is also, in my opinion, ( I say that only to not seem too baised. This should not be only Pgh's opinion however, I would like to think Pound 4 PROVED IT ) one of the, if not the best zelda is the U.S. Aside from that he is competent with almost every character .

In my distorted world where I am the main character in an anime, Lake is the old, REALLY OLD instructor who is a master when it comes to mental conditioning and general strategy. Without a doubt he has a Fu manchu beard, and always has me trying to grab a grasshopper from his hand.

Vudujin: Holds titles for both "residential Luigi player" and "residential defensive player". Along with The Lake, Nakamaru and Sin, he is one of my sensais, who I USUALLY play atleast once a week ( technically twice because saturday-sunday count as one day in pittsburgh ). In my opinion one of the strongest Pittsburgh players, which is no surprise because he is a child prodigy at almost anything creative. He lives in the sweetest mansion ever built. he is also a master of recovery and DI, don't even know how to explain it any farther, it is ********.

In my distorted world where I am the main character in an anime, Vudu would be the pacifistic martial arts master who teaches you how to let the enemy defeat themselves by making the first move. And after every time we finish sparring he hit's me on the head with a Bokken and says "save your double jump on your recovery."

Nakamaru.: Oh how everyone loves their local Capt. Falcon main. Except Pittsburgh, because this guy is INSANELY aggressive. His specialty is leading you into some crazy 0 to death, only to weak hit you with a knee to continue his combo. he has that 'lone wolf' or 'Piccolo' thing going on, up until you get to know him, then he is pretty open. he is the one who helps me with my technical ability with the game. By that I don't necessarily mean wavedashing, etc. but by telling me to wait to see Falcon's head to pop up over the stage when he recovers to downsmash, and why I should follow up a combo with 'snarf' instead of 'grarf'.

In my distorted world where I am the main character in an anime, Naka would be an ex-villain ( i guess I could just say anti-hero, i don't know ) who can teach you, if you can control it, the ability to let ones inner demon let loose and cause pure destruction. And what if you can't control it I asked him. Armageddon, mass death? "No, you are just going to SD A L O T".

Sin: Sin is both a mentor and a peer. he is the other person in Pittsburgh to take Link seriously, but he is a mentor because he is STRAIGHT Link ( like a real man ), where I like to dabble with Falco. He has been playing SSBM for a good while, but only within the last year or so ( I believe ) has gotten serious. And let me tell you, when you are going against Fox's, Falco(n)'s, Marth's, etc. and you are Link, you either quit or get really ****ing good. the weird part is that despite going against all these high teirs he doesn't ( not that link really has to, just, in my humble opinion it helps, and well, it looks pimp as **** ) wavedash at all. so spacing is a hit or miss scenario with him as he can't wavedash back to respace into an attack. Interestingly enough he does STUPIDLY well in this respect.

In my distorted world where I am the main character in an anime, Sin is the Upperclassmen who gives me the all out battles , and it isn't just a spar. We would be best of friends, and we would both think the type of women the other is into is in error ( he would be attracted to strong, independent women, where as I would be into the innocent needs to be protected women. [[Melfina, Nia, etc. ]] ). He would not have the cleanest form ever ( whichis still understandable as he is still a student ) but he makes up for it in raw ability.

Oh wow I did not realize how much time this would take, sooo, Sorry to everyone else I didn't mention but I am lazy and tired <3.

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
well, I had a solid group over the summer, but the guys I play with now are pretty new to Smash, granted I'm new to it too (competitively that is), but at this point, we are all about even now when we play it.

Vist

Smash Champion
Usually I just play lvl 1's

before brawl came out, md/va had a lot of ppl to play but not too many immediately nearby. I pretty much only consistently played with NEO and my gf. Local tournaments felt like the main source of practice usually other than that, with a good amount of players and pretty stacked competition.

I've been getting back into melee since a little before pound 4 but since this region is mostly brawl-oriented now, there's very few people in the area who play. Wife and I have been playing on a somewhat regular basis of maybe once a week more or less. The local tournaments lately haven't been very big (other than p4 obviously) and the competition is kinda mediocre.

Nyr

Smash Cadet
I've got a few friends. One of them is so-so, but prefers to **** a Bowser in a team with me than play against me. I've got a few others who are pure casual gamers and I can pretty much read them perfectly. I've also got my little brother who is probably better than all of them, though he nerdrages when I play against him with my Jiggs since he cannot pass the wall of Bairs. And ofcourse, I've got level 1 computers that help me with my non-existant Falco techskill.

Yeah, that's it. I'd probably get some more players to play with if I attended some tourneys.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I play my roommate Nick sometimes with Peach.

=D

edit: And Ganon!
we all saw that peach take a game off lucky

**** falcon players

we should be *****ing about you being able to do that bull**** on us all day regardless of DI
MAN YOU GOT A ****ING SWORD. COMB YO BEARD, I DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT ****!

<3 tai

my smash circle:
Me (Falcon)
Rich Wheeler/PEEF (Falco/Fox/IC's/Falcon whatever the **** it is, it depends on the day <3)
DaBizWiz (Fox)
CJ (Link)
Amba (Peach)
Shonic (Marth)
Rubyiris(I wish <3, AZ dont have good players, come move to Indiana XD)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
we all saw that peach take a game off lucky

MAN YOU GOT A ****ING SWORD. COMB YO BEARD, I DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT ****!

<3 tai

my smash circle:
Me (Falcon)
Rich Wheeler/PEEF (Falco/Fox/IC's/Falcon whatever the **** it is, it depends on the day <3)
DaBizWiz (Fox)
CJ (Link)
Amba (Peach)
Shonic (Marth)
Rubyiris(I wish <3, AZ dont have good players, come move to Indiana XD)
Much love. <3.

Top Bottom