• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hmm, cool!

HWYR if, after Waluigi got in, they did a trailer in the veins of the K. Rool/Banjo duology, but this time with Wario and Waluigi lazing about, Ashley being the newcomer, and the pink-haired Villager girl being the prankster?
Good for Ashley fans. They've earned it. Weird to see that happen with no relation to Rare.

HWYR if Little Mac's Assist Trophy was brought back in a free update? Little Mac's still a fighter, he's just an Assist Trophy again too.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Good for Ashley fans. They've earned it. Weird to see that happen with no relation to Rare.

HWYR if Little Mac's Assist Trophy was brought back in a free update? Little Mac's still a fighter, he's just an Assist Trophy again too.
Then all that effort of making him a fighter is still undermined, you matter how much one can soften the blow. If we needed another Punch-Out AT (and we do), I’d rather have Bald Bull.

Speaking of which, HWYR if there were Spirit Battles with friendly Assist Trophies who help the player and berserk Assist Trophies who attack everyone?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Huh, cool. New spirit battle conditions

HWYR if Balloon Fighter got in, with a Gyromite stage in his challenger pack?
I’d ask why Gyromite even though I wanted one, but then I remembered that Balloon Fight stage exists.

HWYR if K. Rool’s down B had him throwing out two cannonballs from both sides of him?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Uhh... I liked the counter better.

HWYR if they confirmed an Assist Trophy would be promoted to playable similar to the ARMS reveal, and the promotion was the Ghost Gang?
Disappointed either way, honestly. Different models or not, we’re essentially paying $6 for a character in an assistance role to have the honor of playability.

How DID you react when maintenance finally ended?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Oh no I can hear the serious Goku guys already (I know it wouldn't count for most because Nintendo started with those cards but still)

Since we're on the topic of the recent maintenance, HWYR if said maintenance took a 3rd day?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
"Weird, I wonder what compelled Sakurai to change his mind?"

HWYR if one of Nintendo's higher-ups outright stated that they wouldn't have allowed Joker in Smash if Persona Q2 didn't exist?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'd think it would be a bit silly, especially given how they could use any number of other names from DOOM or even just different locations, but I'd just be hyped to have the Slayer and subsequent stage, and I could laugh t the name being sufficiently unsubtley cheeky.

HWYR if Smash six was announced very early in development as a fan favorites Smash title, where none of the newcomers were decided yet, but instead allowed the Smash community to vote for character like in the fighter's ballot, but with specific categories and a set number of newcomers (IE, 11 newcomers, 2 will be Mario, 2 Zelda, a Metroid rep, a Xenoblade rep, etc.)?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I'd think it would be a bit silly, especially given how they could use any number of other names from DOOM or even just different locations, but I'd just be hyped to have the Slayer and subsequent stage, and I could laugh t the name being sufficiently unsubtley cheeky.

HWYR if Smash six was announced very early in development as a fan favorites Smash title, where none of the newcomers were decided yet, but instead allowed the Smash community to vote for character like in the fighter's ballot, but with specific categories and a set number of newcomers (IE, 11 newcomers, 2 will be Mario, 2 Zelda, a Metroid rep, a Xenoblade rep, etc.)?
Seems a bit limiting.

HWYR if we got a Spirit Event based on The World Ends with You?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Heh. cute.

HWYR if Smash 7's newcomer roster was split between 10 starter characters and 10 newcomers, with the starters being the big names everyone wants (Waluigi, Doomguy, Waddle Dee, e.t.c.), and the unlockables being lesser known characters, usually from Japan-exclusive or one-off series - furthermore, both of those categories are split between 1st and 3rd parties, so 5 starter 1st parties, 5 starter 3rd parties, 5 unlockable 1st parties, and 5 unlockable 3rd parties?

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
I'd be fine with it, some small series get representation and my Bois doom guy and dee get in

HWYR if the all the rest of the fighters pass was just all the different castle crashers characters

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
VERY disappointed, like in a way words cannot describe, but also impressed by Sakurai's uh... bravery? idiocy? eh, same thing, who cares.

HWYR if they did an Indie fighters' pass, with Shovel Knight, Sans from Undertale, Peppino from Pizza Tower, Freddy from Five Nights at Freddy's, and Cuphead - with a discount for anyone who has previously brought the Sans and/or Cuphead costumes?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
with a discount for anyone who has previously brought the Sans and/or Cuphead costumes?
I feel like that wouldn't be enough to avoid accusations of scamming. I for one would be far less inclined to spend money on Mii Costumes if that came to pass.

HWYR if Donkey Kong got his actual voice from his DKC/Mario spinoff appearances?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that would unironically be one of the most hype moments in gaming history for me.

HWYR if PaRappa the Rapper and Rhythm Girl were revealed in a dual trailer?

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
Hell ye, the music alone would be great

HWYR if a half life rep was announced but instead of Gordon it was colonel Shepard from opposing force

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would find It cool, although I want Pauline more.

How would ya'll react if we got a Mario anniversary amiibo line based on many versions of Mario from the 3D platformers?

D

Deleted member

Would find It cool if they did It with 3D models.

How would ya'll react if LEGO made a Smash Bros CMF (Colletable MiniFigures) series?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OOH, REFIGHTING BOSSES!

also classic mode... ew.

HWYR if Nintendo announced official mod support for BoTW; SSBU; MK8D and SMO, as well as all Switch games with official mod support on other platforms?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
OOH, REFIGHTING BOSSES!

also classic mode... ew.

HWYR if Nintendo announced official mod support for BoTW; SSBU; MK8D and SMO, as well as all Switch games with official mod support on other platforms?
Eh, whatever.

HWYR if there was a WoL expansion focusing on not just the DLC fighters, but also beings of Fire, Water, Earth and Air?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Awesome, big fan of elemental stuff!

HWYR if Henry Stickmin was a fighter in Smash?
(The Henry Stickmin collection is all remastered alongside a 6th new game.)

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
B O O

HWYR if there were more sub-areas dedicated to the Vol. 1 characters?
I'd love it, especially since we'd probably see a sub area based on Southtown from Fatal Fury.

HWYR if Nintendo did a Pilotwings game using an 'Arts and Crafts' style like with Yoshi's Crafted World or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I'd love it, especially since we'd probably see a sub area based on Southtown from Fatal Fury.

HWYR if Nintendo did a Pilotwings game using an 'Arts and Crafts' style like with Yoshi's Crafted World or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse?
Conflicted. On one hand, I love arts and crafts as an aesthetic. On the other hand, that style’s starting to get a bit overused a little. Lord help us after Origami King

HWYR if there were more Spirit Battles based on enemies from the Subspace Emissary?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Would be nice to have.

HWYR if Mario and Luigi's footstool dealt 1% of damage?

Top Bottom