• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your main 2.0

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
If you could do anything to make your main character better or more balance or if you could diminish the power of other characters what would you do.
give diddy all of snake's tilts.

Do that to 'most any characters and they're better lol :p

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I could name a few for Samus.

Re-buff Samus' Charge Shot, Super Missiles, n-air, b-air, f-smash. Perhaps quicken her Grappling Beam both when extending and retracting. I wouldn't mind if Samus moved a bit quicker. That isn't to say that she is slow right now. She's fine the way she is in movement speed, but she was agile in the Metroid series.

Roager

Smash Ace
Make Falcon better, and make snake and MK worse. Not BAD, just less good. Like less priority for MK and less range and power for Snake. And the old knee for Falcon.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Make the regular distance Wolf's overB covers equal to the distance when it's cancelled, give his neutralB unlimited range, his downB would never break, his upB would be seriously buffed.
Give his smashes/tilts more killing power.
That'd be pretty chill.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Make Falcon better, and make snake and MK worse. Not BAD, just less good. Like less priority for MK and less range and power for Snake. And the old knee for Falcon.
They took Falcon's knee away and gave it to Zelda's foot. I guess the knee defined Captain Falcon.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Remove Zelda's sweetspots on her aerials (well, make the hitbox waaaaay bigger) >_<

DK's up taunt will give him Warioman-like power-ups once per match.

that's right. Broken. ;x

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
make yoshi's fair sweetspot bigger
stronger priority and knockback on smashes
a not stupid shield.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
give Bowser more speed and greatly improve his buffing, yea that would pretty much do it for me, maybe give Sonic some serious buffing as well.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol @ Sonic's priority...

Okay, here's the detailed breakdown of what I would do with Sonic:

His A moves are pretty decent, except for the whole priority thing. That could use an improvement, but realistically, I don't really see anything that Sonic has should gain much priority except his nair, his dsmash, and his dash attack. In each attack, he rolls up into a ball, and last time I check, Sonic rolling up into a ball is a very dangerous sight. I'd like to return it to being dangerous and not it being a joke like it kinda is in Brawl,

As for his B moves... oh boy...

B: Making this an actual homing attack where he can do it many, many times in quick succession would make Sonic unbeatable because all you'd have to do is spam it, so instead, I would take the sorry excuse of a homing attack that Sakurai gave Sonic and would either increase the accuracy and priority of it or the damage it does and the knockback. Either way, the attack would be much more useful.

Up B is Perfect. Except for the whole airtripping thing... yeah, let's remove that.

Side B: I would get rid of it entirely and replace it with Sonic's projectile attack that he had from Sonic battle. Just like in that game, if Sonic were to be on the ground when he did it, the projectile would cruise the ground. If he did it in the air, the projectile would shoot down at about a 45 degree angle.

Down B: I like it, but I'd call it the Spin Dash like it's supposed to be. I'd give it more priority because, well, it's a spin dash.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd remove Brawl Samus.
Remove Zamus.

Insert Melee Samus.
Graphics, alt. costumes, everything. I love Melee Samus, don't care for Brawl Samus.

And he's not my main, but I'd make Falcon's knee a super effective one-hit KO and Falcon Punch a super effective one-hit 2KO.
Reverse Falcon Punch is an automatic win, no matter what mode. Even on Time or Coin, or on Stock with 99 Stock.

D

Deleted member

Give Link a better air game and better recovery.

Give Ike Sonics speed mixed with his own strenght
/sarcasm

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Mario loses fluudd and gets his Tornado Down B back. His down A becomes a down kick.
I think Peach (my other main is fine though), maybe the turnips shuold do more damage.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
replace the brawl side-b for yoshi, with melee's side-b, and give it more priority.
melee's version was faster, and helped in recovery a lot.

pikachu...more weight, even though his current weight is stretching it a bit. (hes a mouse, he shouldnt weigh very much) but id like to see that happen.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Make Sonic's attack speed faster. Give Usmash killing power, that'd make it broken.
Priority is not too much of a hinderence if you actually learn Sonic.

Top Bottom