• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
Wolf, K . Rool, Shovel Knight as far as viable characters go

Adventure mode, individualized break the targets, and some NEW stages that aren't designed by spastics

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Just give me :wolf:, and maybe a second :4sonic: character and I'll be perfectly content with the roster.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
There are some stages that shouldn't even be in Smash 4 because they are so terrible!

Yes...im looking at you Pilot Wings!
And dont get me started on you Orbital Gate Assault!

I would love to see Find Mii from 3DS on Wii U too. That stage is EPIC!

Melee Fountain of Dreams PLEASE SAKURAI !

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
There are some stages that shouldn't even be in Smash 4 because they are so terrible!

Yes...im looking at you Pilot Wings!
And dont get me started on you Orbital Gate Assault!

I would love to see Find Mii from 3DS on Wii U too. That stage is EPIC!

Melee Fountain of Dreams PLEASE SAKURAI !
Pilotwings really? It is seriously my favorite stage. It isn't really annoying at all, just the right amount of gimmick.

D

Deleted member

What are my hopes for DLC? Hmm...

Characters

• Inkling (With costume swaps for male and female similar to Robin, Villager, etc)
  • Paper Mario (He's been one of my most wanted characters since Smash 4's first reveal trailer. Even though Inklings are my top choice for DLC, I wouldn't mind if he made the cut to. :p)
  • Viridi (For the same reason I wanted Palutena in; she's absolutely hilarious. Plus, I like her character design, so that helps to.)
  • Waluigi (It's never gonna happen in 3DS/Wii U because he's an assist, but hey, who knows?)

Costumes

:4wario2:: For this guy, I mainly just want some of his older classic outfit colors to come back. That white and navy blue one was legit, I'm still pretty bummed about it not being there. :(

:4villager::4villagerf:: Having their appearances from the recent Mario Kart 8 DLC would be pretty cool, but it probably won't happen due to the conflicting art styles of New Leaf versus the older Animal Crossing games.

:4yoshi:: White Yoshi would be pretty awesome to go along with Black Yoshi.

:4sonic:: Some color variations like the white and black that, you know, actually change his colors rather than making his fur a slightly different shade of blue. Ah well, maybe I'm being too picky.

:4mewtwo:: The armor he wears in the beginning of Mewtwo Strikes Back would be pretty cool.

:4pacman:: Ms. Pacman please. I'm honestly kinda surprised she's not already in the base game.

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:: More Nintendo character themed outfits would be pretty cool, and I wouldn't mind some more original outfits for the Miis either (even though I wasn't really a fan of the first batch).

Stages

• Fourside (The stage roster in 3DS/Wii U would be absolutely perfect if this was brought back. It has one of the best remixes ever as its main theme, after all!)
  • Great Bay (Being the Majora's Mask fanboy that I am, I would be stoked to see this one come back.)
  • Saffron City (I always had a soft spot for it, so I wouldn't mind seeing it come back.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That stage has good music yes, But its the WORST stage. Its only there to troll.
I really just don't get how it could be the worst stage when there are stages like 75M, Wiley's Castle, Pyrosphere... Especially since it's the best stage

MalcolmFlex

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool
King Arthur
Banjo and Kazooie
Paper Mario
Impa
Toon Ganondorf
Ryu
Rayman
Tingle
Toad

Just some ideas. Really all I care about is them adding Skull Kid but that's never going to happen because I don't know why.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Wolf, K . Rool, Shovel Knight as far as viable characters go

Adventure mode, individualized break the targets
Or maybe a fusion of the two. Like an adventure mode where you have to run around searching for the targets, destroy them to make the exit door appear, and in the process you're obstacled by the many classic minions of the games.
And to make the things more intetresting, the targets are in different places at random every time you start a whole story.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
DLC Chars:
Wolf
Wonder Red
Shante
Krystal
Banjo Kazooie
Rayman
Bomberman

Alts:
Ms Pacman
Sonic Boom Alt
Chrom
Outset Link
N64 Version
Phantom Gannon
Daisy
Bass

Stages:
Corneria
Hyrule Castle 64
Saffron City 64
Poke Stadium Melee
Great Bay Melee
FD Melee, Brawl & 64 Versions
Yoshis Island Brawl
Sonic City Escape
Dreamland 64
Green Greens Melee

& Dat is all..

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
I feel the same way. We already got Lucas and Mewtwo back. In my opinion, we should get 3 newcomers and 3 veterans. as for the last veteran, my choice is roy. but then again, 6 dlc characters may be too many.
i actually only want one more Veteran to come & it would be Wolf however could care less if he comes or not
would rather some Fresh new blodd like for example the Ryu thing turning out to be true would be epic
Krystal being a new char & Rep For Team Star Fox & Shante for winning the Ballot

& boom Theres ur 5 DLC Chars New & Old

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Stages
Fountain of Dreams
Meta Crystal
Brinstar Depths
Peach's Castle N64
Sector Z
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Story

Bonus Stages
Break the Targets (N64/Melee style)
Board the Platforms
Race to the Finish

Modes
Custom Shop (sells Moves and Equipment)
Adventure Mode
All-Star Smash (See Final Event from Smash Tour)
For Glory w/ Stage Selection (legal Stages only)

Music
Windy Hill - Mission: Sonic Battle, Open Your Heart Generations Ver., Lost World Special Stage
Coliseum - Divine Decree, Divine Decree ~Ablaze~, Duty (Regular), Full Version of ID ~Purpose~

Other
+1 Custom Move for Every Character
+2 Palette Swaps/Alts for Every Character
Improvements to Stage Builder; bring back the Item/Hazard selection from Brawl and allow control of the blast zones

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
  • Okay, so, in alt skins:
-:4zelda::4link::4ganondorf:: Hyrule Warriors skins.
-:4peach:: Shadow Queen outfit, Pauline's colors.
-:rosalina:: Cosmic Spirit
-:4pikachu:: the Pikachu cosplayer from ORAS (anyone of them).
:4olimar:/:4alph:: Britanny, Captain Charlie, Louie

• In stages:
For Wii U:
-Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy) <--- this will never happens

-Flip-flopside (Super Paper Mario) <--- travelling through both towns with the elevators and everything. The towns are then destroyed by the black void and we go in Count Blumiere's (again, spoiler alert) castle.

For 3DS:
-The reborn foutain - with Amazon Pandora like a boss. When killed, goes into the fountain and reborn(?) as Amazon Pandora (Kid Icarus: Uprising) <--- I actually don't know its true name. Y'know, the foutain where Pit's wings are restored (spoiler alert)

• In modes:
-... Adventure mode ? I think cinematics can be downloaded via DLC xD, even if there's a lot of them :3
-Choosing the stages in For Glory

That's all xD.

Last edited:

Cubical

Smash Rookie
The amount of want I have for Mrs. Pacman, Roll, and Amy (3rd party female pack!) Is so much. I would also love Paula! And Kumatora.
Kumatora would be the best. I mean, she might be something like a clone, but then again, she wouldn't. She'd be taller, she'd be a girl, etc.

Gattsu

Smash Rookie
NNID
despiarinducing
Characters:
Wolf
Snake
Knuckles
King K. Rool
Shovel Knight
Shantae

Stages:
Fountain of Dreams
Pirate Ship
Poke Floats
Saffron City
Fourside

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Non-Omega form stages in for glory. Right now, it's monotonous.

And lobbies where you can host and join random people.

Why the hell isn't that a thing? Mind blown because of sheer stupidity.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I want Wolf, I also want Sceptile though that seems unlikely, and super duper never happening unlikely is Flygon or Noivern, either one of them would make me extremely happy.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
DLC Pack idea for Shantae:

Newcomer:
Shantae

Stage (both 3DS & Wii U): Scuttle Town Lighthouse (Risky Boots/Tinkertub as a Stage Boss)

Music:
Dance Through The Danger (Half Genie Hero)
Burning Town (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Default on 3DS)
Risky Boots (Pirate's Curse Remix)
Boss Battle (Pirate's Curse Remix) (Alternate on 3DS)
Cackle Tower (Pirate's Curse)
Day/Night Travel (Propeller Town/A Troublesome Trek from Pirate's Curse)
Scuttle Town (Pirate's Curse Remix)
She's Got Moves! (Risky's Revenge)
Trip Through Sequin Land (Pirate's Curse)
Run Run Rottytops! (Pirate's Curse)
Mermaid Slide (Half Genie Hero)
Rescue Girl from Mighty Switch Force 2

Assist Trophy: Patricia Wagon (Mighty Switch Force)

Trophies:
Shantae/Alt. (Classic)
Final Smash (All-Star)
Risky Boots
Patricia Wagon
(based on Ryu's pack, other possible trophies)
Rottytops
Sky/Wrench
Bolo
Mimic
Tinkerbat
Squid Baron
Ammo Baron

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Veterans:
— Wolf
— Snake
— Ice Climbers (available on Wii U/New 3DS)

Newcomers (first-party):
— Isaac/Matthew (Golden Sun)
— Jenna (Golden Sun)
— Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
— Krystal (Star Fox Adventures/Star Fox Assault)
— Paper Mario
— Grovyle/Sceptile (Pokémon)

Newcomers (third-party):
— Klonoa
— Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) (yes he's a costume already, but I can dream)
— Blaze the Cat (Sonic the Hedgehog)

I even have moveset ideas for some of them.

Isaac/Matthew:
Neutral Special: Spire. A forward slash accompanied by stone spires materializing from the air and falling on the area struck by the slash. Charging increases the number of spires dropped.
Side Special: Ragnarok. A forward slash summons a massive sword that falls from the sky at an angle onto the foe. Charging increases the power slightly, but mostly increases the distance away that the sword falls.
Down Special: Quake. Stabbing the Sol Blade into the ground causes shockwaves around the user. Has three charge levels: 1 shockwave, 2 shockwaves, and 3 shockwaves. Successive shockwaves increase in power and range, with the third shockwave burying anyone it hits.
Up Special (Ground): Gaia. A chargeable area of effect attack that summons a barrage of rocks and earthen energy from the ground around the user. Charging increases the area affected and the number of rocks summoned.
Up Special (Air): Megiddo. Summons a massive ball of intense flame, then strikes it with the Sol Blade to send it diagonally towards the ground. The recoil from the swing boosts the user upward.

Final Smash: Odyssey. Initiating hit is a pair of small shockwaves in the air around the user. Struck foes are caught in a cutscene where the attack plays out almost identically to its appearance in the Golden Sun games. If Isaac is the user, it launches foes straight forward. If Matthew is the user, it is instead a powerful, untechable Meteor Smash along the lines of Greninja's or Mii Brawler's FS.

Forward Smash: Radiant Fire. A forward slash causes a spherical explosion of fire. Slow startup and endlag, but the explosion has great range.
Up Smash: Purgatory. A column of intense flames rises around the user. A sweetspot at the centre of the attack causes the foe to fall asleep instead of launching them.
Down Smash: Centurion. A flurry of stabs followed by a final thrust.

Krystal:
Neutral Special: Grenade. This is one fastball you don't want to catch! Team Star Fox's specialized grenades explode on impact and can be thrown in any direction when the B button is released. Krystal has a heck of a throwing arm, so these grenades go almost straight.
Side Special: Fireburst. These small fireballs can be fired rapidly in a manner somewhat similar to Fox's blaster. They lack range but explode on impact in a small burst that causes a small amount of actual knockback. The knockback will prematurely end any attempt at an infinite by knocking the foe out of the firing path after only a few shots.
Up Special: Ice Fox. A technique similar to Fire Wolf. Krystal rushes in the direction the Control Stick is pressed while surrounding herself in icy shards from her staff, dealing multiple hits. The attack ends with a pinpoint icy burst in front of Krystal, serving as a sweetspot that freezes the foe.
Down Special: Reflector. Basically the usual.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
My Hopes:
Klonoa and NiGHTS as secondary Namco and Sega Reps with Shantae as one of the Ballot winners
-Lolo,Joka, Reala, Alex Kidd, Risky Boots trophies
-Joilant, Pure Valley, and Scuttle Town stage.
-Stepping Wind, Dreams Dreams as well as Saliva Island/Sunburn Island Remix from Shantae. Other songs from these series too of course, remixed preferably.
-Guntz Assist Trophy

And while I don't specifically care about the other ballot winners should these hopes ever be fulfilled, I wouldn't mind getting any of these characters: Rayman, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Bandana Dee or Cooking Mama(yes I'm serious).

My Dreams:
Return of SSE or at least some sort of story mode, while there are those who say it was bad, I think otherwise. Plus I want to see more character interaction, specifically between the big 4.

Some way to get the Ice Climbers on both versions. (Cause trust me, I know the plight of not being able to own both version and would hate for version exclusives.)

Last edited:

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
Characters:
Andy
- from Advance Wars.
Sami - from Advance Wars.
Max - from Advance Wars.

Shovel Knight - Unique character of his own title.

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
  • Okay, so, in alt skins:
-:4zelda::4link::4ganondorf:: Hyrule Warriors skins.
-:4peach:: Shadow Queen outfit, Pauline's colors.
-:rosalina:: Cosmic Spirit
-:4pikachu:: the Pikachu cosplayer from ORAS (anyone of them).
:4olimar:/:4alph:: Britanny, Captain Charlie, Louie

• In stages:
For Wii U:
-Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy) <--- this will never happens

-Flip-flopside (Super Paper Mario) <--- travelling through both towns with the elevators and everything. The towns are then destroyed by the black void and we go in Count Blumiere's (again, spoiler alert) castle.

For 3DS:
-The reborn foutain - with Amazon Pandora like a boss. When killed, goes into the fountain and reborn(?) as Amazon Pandora (Kid Icarus: Uprising) <--- I actually don't know its true name. Y'know, the foutain where Pit's wings are restored (spoiler alert)

• In modes:
-... Adventure mode ? I think cinematics can be downloaded via DLC xD, even if there's a lot of them :3
-Choosing the stages in For Glory

That's all xD.
And also Sheik Hyrule Warriors skin!! I would love that:4sheik:

Last edited:

Trevor Spisto

Smash Rookie
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Pichu
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Toon Ganondorf (He can have very unique moves using two swords)
Isaac

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, i recently thought about the top 5 Characters I'd love to have in smash.

5. Wolf

I never really played Wolf in Brawl but I just cannot deny that the roster feels incomplete without him. He just seems to be unfairly cut from the game, which is a real pity if you ask me. Wolf is the most recognizable Villain in the Starfox series (next to Andross) and I really enjoyed the way he looked and moved in Brawl.
If Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy can make it back, so can Wolf!

4. Tetra

Looking at Smash 4's Roster I feel a lack of new Zelda characters. We had the same thing going on in Brawl, too. Young Link simply got replaced by Toon Link and that's it. In Smash 4, all we got was the seperation of Zelda and Sheik, which was nice, but still leaves a lot to be desired.
The Legend of Zelda is one of Nintendos most popular franchises but its representation in smash seems just...unworthy of that.
All the playable reps we get are Link, Link, Heavy Falcon, Zelda and Sheik.
If I was able to include one more character from the franchise, I'd definitely choose Tetra.
She's smart, pirate themed and brave enough to attack Ganondorf head on in Wind Waker when Link was about to get skewered.
She's also appeared in more games than Sheik (Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and soon Hyrule Warriors) and Wind Waker's recent HD remake made her somewhat relevant again. Moves-wise, she could be a small agile character, with leaping somersault attacks and Pirate tools like small daggers, telescopes and sail-cloths (for gliding) at her disposal.

3. Inklings

Splatoon is Fresh and it stays fresh thanks to all the free content it receives. Time to slosh some of that freshness over to smash by introducing the Inklings as playable fighters.
Ranged attacks, a plethora of sub- main- and special weapons for a creative moveset and maybe even some sort of ink-gimmick: the Inklings have it all. Besides, Splatoon is a huge success so far, so the Inklings should sell like Hot cakes once they are released.
One can only dream...

2. Porky

I love Earthbound.
I love, adore and worship Mother 3.

Porky is another villain that deserves a spot in Smash. Starting out as a simple brat next door, Porky evolves as a character during the last 2 games in the mother series. From self centred kid to the eternal living emperor of his own greed-fueled dystopia, Porky's transformation during the mother series is as drastic as they come.
For his includion in Smash Bros., I'd love to see them using his appearance from Earthbound during the final boss fight of the game.
His kid-form is just more capable of showing expressions than the withered old man from Mother 3, while his mech is more compact than the giant spider-cradle Lucas and Co. fought.
He'd be able to spew out toxic fumes, use electric and PSI attacks as well as ramming into his opponents. One of his grabs could even slap his enemy several times while he shouts "spankety spankety spankety".
If sakurai can make characters like Duck Hunt, ROB and Captain Falcon work in Smash, he can do the same with the Pig King,.

King K. Rool

Surprise. I know, right?
King K. Rool is just my favorite villain of all time from my favorite platformer-genre of all time. He's the first villain I ever encountered in my long career as a gamer. Just seeing him back in the SNES days made my 5-year old self awestruck. His speed and Power, his army of ferocious reptiles...it was all just way too Kool!
AND THEN THEY WERE PIRATES IN THE NEXT GAME.
DKC2 was pretty much the game that solidified K. Rool and the Kremlings as my favorite video game villains. The pure design of them in DKC2 was so much btter than in DKC1. They just oozed personality.
I'll spare you the typical blabla about his moveset, because it's been done to death, already.
He's a character that fits just perfectly into smash. A heavy weight (projectile using) vilain, a new DK rep, a character with much personality, relevancy brought by the release of all the games he's in on the eshop as well as the recently released fighter outfit, alternate costume choices and I could just bramble-ramble on about him all day!
I'll just Kut the story short and let the Kredits roll. This's my top 5 picks for smash bros DLC.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
Color pallets are tolerable, I'm fine with them. But we all would like some actual costumes for our favorite fighters. I'm a huge Metroid fan, and PM has done her justice. One of my favorite suits of hers is her light suit. Changes like this would add a lot of variety for the player, and would overall just make the experience more diverse.

Something like this:

Last edited:

Bairbie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dowsingmachine
3DS FC
4124-5226-4163
Paper Mario is my number one choice. As long as we get him, I don't care what else happens.

Bayonetta, along with custom taunts, would be cool too. I doubt we'll get either though, so I'm not worried about it.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Characters
  • Waluigi (Wario)
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  • Wolf (Star Fox)
  • Masked Man (Mother)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)
Returning Stages
  • Meta Crystal (64)
  • Big Blue (Melee)
  • Brinstar Depths (Melee)
  • Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee)
  • Pirate Ship (Brawl)
  • Summit (Brawl)
  • Magicant (3DS as Wii U DLC)/Skyloft (Wii U as 3DS DLC)
Modes
  • Boss Battle Select (Master Hand/Crazy Hand, Master Core, Master Fortress, revamped Ridley, revamped Metal Face, new Pokey, new Yveltal)
  • Race to the Finish
  • Smash Run (for Wii U, customizable with original, arctic, fire, space, and Master Fortress maps)
  • Character model and animation viewer (Fighters, Assist Trophies, Stage Bosses, and Bosses)
Music
  • Metal Mario Battle- Battlefield
  • Snake Ganon- Skyloft
  • Eclipse of the World GT- Bridge of Elden
  • Masked Dedede- Halberd
  • Dark Samus Theme- Pyrosphere
  • Vs. Team Flare Boss- Kalos Pokémon League
  • Divine Decree (Ablaze)- Castle Siege
  • Pokey Means Business- Onett
  • Black Shadow Theme- Port Town Auto Dive
  • The Key We Lost- Gaur Plains
  • Chaos Angel Zone- Windy Hill Zone
  • Oni Theme- Suzuki Castle
Trophies
  • Petey Piranha (Mario)
  • Gooper Blooper (Mario)
  • King Boo (Mario)
  • Lana (Zelda)
  • Minish Cap (Zelda)
  • Zygarde (Pokémon)
  • Frederick (Fire Emblem)
  • Tharja (Fire Emblem)
  • Carrin (Fire Emblem)
  • Devil Machine (Mother)
  • Ultimate Chimera (Mother)
  • Guile (Street Fighter)
  • Akuma (Street Fighter)
Extras
  • Toggleable stage bosses
  • A more in-depth stage builder
  • A camera similar to that of Project M
  • Wario's missing alts
  • Olimar's missing alts + 4 Alph alts
  • 8 Dr. Luigi costumes for Luigi
  • 8 Dry Bowser costumes for Bowser
  • 8 Melee Link costumes for Link
  • 8 Melee Zelda costumes for Zelda
  • 8 Melee Ganondorf costumes for Ganondorf
  • 8 Melee Fox costumes for Fox
  • 8 Melee Falco costumes for Falco
  • 8 Priam costumes for Ike
  • 6 alts for Robin, with the male receiving the female's colors, and vice versa
  • A sunglasses alt for Fox
  • Jigglypuff's green headband alt
  • A Famicom costume for Captain Falcon

Last edited:
I only listed ones who actually have a chance to happen, Gengar, Ridley and Spear Pillar are excluded for this reason.
Characters
  • King K. Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Wolf
  • Black Mage
  • Bomberman
  • Isaac (not supporting myself but his fans deserve him)
Stages
  • Bowser's Castle
  • Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock
  • Saffron City
  • Meta Crystal
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Fourside
Modes
  • Melee-style Adventure mode
  • Boss Battle Mode
  • Target Smash
Alts
  • Dry Bowser
  • Kaptain K. Rool

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm set for characters (sans Ivysaur), so I hope there's characters other people are anticipating.

As for alt costumes:
-Masked Dedede, Shinobi Dedede or Ninja Dedede for King Dedede.
-DCMC shirt or Good Kids Shirt for Lucas.
-Outfits inspired by other incarnations of Zelda for Zelda.
--While we're here, do the same with Link and Ganondorf.

-Bass Mii Gunner costume.

Yeah, that's about it, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom