• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NessFangirl

Smash Rookie
Really, up until Lucas came out, all I wanted for DLC was Lucas. But then when he came out, I couldn't help but think: what if the Masked Man was DLC?

I know it's been discussed several times, but the Masked Man is at the top of my DLC wishlist (other than Lucas!).

For those of you who haven't played Mother 3, go play it The Masked Man is one of the main villains in the game.
He has so many options for a moveset, it's ridiculous. He has 3 weapons (PSI, lightning sword, arm cannon) as well as a set of wings. His extra weapons and wings could set him apart from Ness and Lucas, as well as many of the other Smash characters.

There are some minor problems, of course. The first and most glaring is the fact that there's no new Mother games coming out (other than the fanmade Mother 4.) Another is that Mother already has 2 representatives, which seems to be the standard for minor game series. :c

All in all, he'd be a nice addition, and certainly one I'd buy!

-

As for other characters, I wouldn't mind the return of the Ice Climbers. I know it's impossible because of hardware limitations, but they were my first true main and I shed tears when I found out they got cut. :/

Last edited:

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
For those of you who haven't played Mother 3, go play it The Masked Man is one of the main villains in the game.
He has so many options for a moveset, it's ridiculous. He has 3 weapons (PSI, lightning sword, arm cannon) as well as a set of wings. His extra weapons and wings could set him apart from Ness and Lucas, as well as many of the other Smash characters.

There are some minor problems, of course. The first and most glaring is the fact that there's no new Mother games coming out (other than the fanmade Mother 4.) Another is that Mother already has 2 representatives, which seems to be the standard for minor game series. :c
Ive been planning on playing Mother 3 for a while now, but im waiting until I finish replaying Earthbound.

Star Fox is somewhat "minor" since its not popular among japan. Yet it had 3 representatives in Brawl. So you cant really say 2 is the limit for Minor game series. Besides...there is always hope.

I would love to see a Earthbound/Mother villain playable tho. Its not like it is possible to play as Giygas in Smash...or is it.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
A classic mode that isn't random, something similar to Melee or 64.
You know like where you fight each opponent(s) in their home stage.

board the platforms & break the targets.

Maybe an adventure mode similar to that of melee.

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
Little Mac no longer exists (kind of a reverse DLC, but I'd pay for it)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
A classic mode that isn't random, something similar to Melee or 64.
You know like where you fight each opponent(s) in their home stage.

board the platforms & break the targets.

Maybe an adventure mode similar to that of melee.
I'd love Melee 1P mode back. But I don't know how much I liked the classic mode being set - I liked that each character had his own stage, but I didn't like in Brawl where you knew which opponent came when. I'd prefer a Melee style classic mode, where the battle type is set, e.g. 1v1, 2v2, vs. Giant, vs. Metal, but the character is randomized. I know Melee had preset teams for the 2v2 battles, which would be nice to have a lot of to choose from, but they didn't have preset characters. Brawl gave the metal opponent at a random time as early as the 6th fight, and then you could have lots of easy fights thereafter.

Classic mode in WiiU is anything but. It seems to be more of a "OMGWTFBBQ WE HAVE 8MAN SMASH PLAY THIS!!!111!!" than classic mode. I also don't like that the gimmick fights (metal, giant) are unpredictable and not special whatsoever.

Now I do agree with the battle ending in Master Core. Except I've still not seen Fortress because I'm not an amazing player and I can't get through that ******* blade form easily. Cool concept, though.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
Smash Run is basically Melee's Adventure Mode with a few twists. (My fave mode in Smash4)

They should add Smash Run to WiiU. They can do so much with it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Little Mac no longer exists (kind of a reverse DLC, but I'd pay for it)
Why on earth would you pay money to remove an entire series from the Smash Bros. roster? That makes no sense.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'd love Melee 1P mode back. But I don't know how much I liked the classic mode being set - I liked that each character had his own stage, but I didn't like in Brawl where you knew which opponent came when. I'd prefer a Melee style classic mode, where the battle type is set, e.g. 1v1, 2v2, vs. Giant, vs. Metal, but the character is randomized. I know Melee had preset teams for the 2v2 battles, which would be nice to have a lot of to choose from, but they didn't have preset characters. Brawl gave the metal opponent at a random time as early as the 6th fight, and then you could have lots of easy fights thereafter.

Classic mode in WiiU is anything but. It seems to be more of a "OMGWTFBBQ WE HAVE 8MAN SMASH PLAY THIS!!!111!!" than classic mode. I also don't like that the gimmick fights (metal, giant) are unpredictable and not special whatsoever.

Now I do agree with the battle ending in Master Core. Except I've still not seen Fortress because I'm not an amazing player and I can't get through that ******* blade form easily. Cool concept, though.
Yeah you know what, I agree.
I would still want it to be set up so that when you fight a character you fight them on their stage.
But the 1v1 matches are randomized like it could be Fox on his stage or Link on his, you won't know until you get there type of thing.

I wouldn't want every character to be eligible for giant and multi-man tho.
Giant should be reserved for like dedede, dk, and bowser.
multi goes well with kirby and yoshi :p
and metal idk.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Brawl's Story Mode. Because It's a real STORY mode. I feel progress. While the Classic Mode is just a RANDOM battles mode that you have to repesar 1000000 times if you want custom moves.

Edit: Also Palutena's conversation with the Ballot character saying "so you are the elect?" And them Pit "What? Is He the president?"

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Well ive already said my dream Char DLC As for OTher DLC it will be ...

Music: Gannon Fight (Twilight Princess)
Zant Battle (Twilight princess)
Green Forest (SA2)
Vs Rival (Pokemon Series)
Final Destination (N64)
Battlefield (N64)
Hyrule Warriors Twlight Realm
More Wonderful 101 music
More Golden Sun Music
Megaman X Music :)

Skins: Ms Pacman :4pacman:
Sonic Boom Skin :4sonic:
Mewtwos Armor Skin :4mewtwo:
Spirt Tracks Toon Link:4tlink:
PJays Ness:4ness:
Hatless Mario Skin? :4mario: O.o
An Actual BLACK Color for Pacman:4pacman:
An Actual BLACK Color for Sonic :4sonic:
Actual Galc Knight Skin :4metaknight:

Stages: Corneria
Pirate Ship
Melee Dreamland
Great Bay
Peachs Castle Melee
Brawl Warioware
Hyrule Castle (N64)
The Ability to turn On/Off Hazards

& DAT SALL FOLKSS !! :)

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
well we know characters, stages, mii outfits are on the way...

Heres to hoping for a game mode...seriously...that would be awesome.

D

Deleted member

A reworked pokemon trainer. Instead of merely having his pokemon fight for him, he's actually out there, using items and pokemon for his attacks (Like, his neutral would be to throw a pokeball, giving a chance to stun, while his up special would be to send out a pokemon that knows Fly to lift him up)

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake

i agree with u buddy :) & the best way to get to final fortress is to use customs & hack da **** outta ur Character lol.

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
Wonderful 101 Mii costumes, available for all types of Mii Fighter. Colour changes depending on the colour of the Mii.
If Nintendo does that, I would be very very happy. I would be able to make a proper Dante Mii:4miisword: then :bluejump:

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
The big two I'd really like to see, given that my main man Lucas is back:
- Paper Mario; the one character I really wanted to see in the pre-Brawl era, and who I and many others maintain has a lot more potential than the name might suggest. I'd like to think that he's actually got a decent chance given the Smash Ballot, but that may be wishful thinking.
- Emolga. Maybe I'm falling prey to the very "arbitrary categories" thing that I tend to dismiss Sceptile on the grounds of, but I think it encompasses all the things I loved about Squirtle and Pichu (quick, lightweight, aerial-focused), while still giving us something new and representative of the newer games. Unfortunately, I doubt it's got a chance at all with Mewtwo already released and so many existing Pokémon to contend with. Maybe if there'd been a Pika-clone in Brawl, but as it stands, I can't see it ever happening again.

I guess if we're going to go with a way out-there definition of "hopes and dreams", though, I'd freaking love to see Henry Hatsworth in Smash. A good chunk of his standard moveset could be ripped right from the game, and there's all kinds of possibilities for interesting specials. That and it'd be an excuse to have this track in the game.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Looking at my previous posts will tell you who I want, but I do have other hopefuls...

-Battlefield versions of stages
-Mushroom Kingdom III stage (Basically Pacland but better)
-More assist trophies: Mr. Resetti (same as Brawl), Salvo the Slime (bounces others around), Box Boy (creates platforms with his boxes), Space Fever (aliens behave exactly the same as Game-C in the 1979 arcade game, lasers do moderate damage)
-Custom music via SD Card

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
Oh wait, Smash Characters are included as DLC wishes here as well? Oh well... mine is pretty much self-explanatory. Wonder Red!

But Wonder Red aside, if a miracle could happen, I would love to see the following characters be DLC for Smash as well, in no specific order of want:
- Viewtiful Joe
- Zero (MegaMan X)
- Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
- Ray Mk03 (Custom Robo)
- Bayonetta
- Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
- The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
- Drake Redcrest (Chibi-Robo!)
- Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Wars OG)
- Rayman
- Bisharp (Pokemon)
- Travis Touchdown

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Black Shadow. Just to add more F-Zero to the game. And a theatrical and moveset counter to Captain Falcon.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
I would love for Paper Mario to be DLC! His moveset would be freakin' awesome. Tbh, I personally don't think it'll happen but it would be cool. :awesome:

Galactic Knight

Smash Rookie
NNID
LightMetaKnight
The Super Tetley Brothers are long overdue for an appearance in Smash Bros. I think it's about time Sakurai recognised their worth, even if they will end up being clones of Mario and Luigi, only with a tea orientated moveset. Who doesn't want these two bad boys to make their way in to the series?

Gaffer brews up out of nowhere!

Sydney strikes up a deadly cuppa!

Last edited:

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
My DLC Characters Wish List:

Characters
Returning Veterans: :popo::wolf:

Nintendo Newcomers:
* Sami (Advance Wars)
* Will (Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
* King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
* Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)
* Isaac (Golden Sun)
* Rundas (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
* The Masked Man (Mother 3)
* Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor)
* Kachi (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor)
* Inkling (Splatoon)
* Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
* Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Third Party Characters:
* Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
* Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
* Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
* Klonoa (Klonoa: Door to Phantomile)
* Amaterasu (Okami)
* Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
* Rayman (Rayman)
* Shantae (Shantae)
* Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

EDITS: Just added Klonoa and Rayman to the Third Party Characters list.

Last edited:

Nyain

Smash Rookie
Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog. I would main him all day every day. Knuckles is the OG, and he should've been in melee but I digress.

X from Mega Man X. Because X is a boss, better version of Mega Man. or atleast get him along with Vile as an alt.

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
Why on earth would you pay money to remove an entire series from the Smash Bros. roster? That makes no sense.
IMO Mac is without a doubt the worst character ever added to smash bros. He is the ultimate beginners character. All ground game, no air game, super armor on all smash attacks, many kill options, stupid quick rolls. I'm not saying he's too good, cause he's not, I just don't think a character like that belongs in smash.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
IMO Mac is without a doubt the worst character ever added to smash bros. He is the ultimate beginners character. All ground game, no air game, super armor on all smash attacks, many kill options, stupid quick rolls. I'm not saying he's too good, cause he's not, I just don't think a character like that belongs in smash.
I will have to disagree. little mac requires skill. without the skill, you die very easily.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
isn't Spyro owned by Sony? Idk much about spyro since i only played 1 game. But i do remember Spyro being PlayStation's mascot for a brief moment.
He used to be. In my opinion, that kinda makes him an even more valuable addition to the roster. Now Activision owns him (they're the ones who made Skylanders). And it's been said that Activision is reaching EA-status in terms of hunger for money. When the Sony version of Smash was being created, people wanted Spyro and Crash to join the game. They tweeted stuff like "we'll consider it" in response, and they never agreed to it, supposedly because they wanted outrageous amounts of money in exchange (which I haven't found a trustable source to confirm. It's also possible that they did ask for money and it actually wasn't a lot, considering that Sony has had some money issues which could have made any request seem "outrageous". But we don't know for sure). And so even if Spyro somehow is selected by Nintendo, there's no guarantee that Activision will agree to it. There's a lot I don't know about for sure. And yet, here I am creating a "Spyro4Smash4" Twitter account, Tumblr blog, and official website. Oh, and fancy images too (like my signature).
Sorry for the long post. I didn't intend for it to be this huge.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
You know how Project M has all those awesome alternate costumes and skins? I want some of that as dlc. I'd be happy to pay a dollar or so just to have boxer DK or the actual fusion suit for Samus.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Characters:
  • Krystal
  • Wolf
  • Tetra
  • Ravio
  • Classic Ridley (Hey, you said dreams)
Stages:
  • Fourside
  • Moonside
  • Castelia City
(all for the wii u version 'cause i could give a frick about the 3DS one)

Music:

• Hyrule Castle
  • Lorule Castle
  • Dancing Dragon Dungeon
  • Stone Tower Temple
  • Vs. Ancient Pokemon
  • Gen. 5 Gym Leader battle (work in the part where they're down to their last Pokemon because that song is incredible)
  • Fourside (if the stage doesn't come)
  • Porky Means Business
Costumes/Colors

• Dry Bowser
  • Skyward Sword Zelda
  • Shiny Charizard
  • Lucario's white color from Brawl
  • Adventures and Assault versions of Krystal

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I honestly don't want to be part of this, but if I had to choose...

Characters:
-Phosphora from Kid Icarus Uprising (Yea I know she's an Assist Trophy)

Stages:
-Thunder Cloud Temple

Costumes
-:4pit: 4 outfits of him without the tunic, but only his undergarment and shorts with the colors being blue, green, red, and yellow. A special outfit featuring his original Kid Icarus colors.

-:4palutena: Outfits can now have different hair colors for some outfits, including blue hair for blue outfits, light red or pink for the pinkish red one, blonde hair for the Viridi outfit, black for the dark outfits (especially to feature Medusa's hair color prior to her being a monster). A special outfit featuring her original Kid Icarus colors.

Something like that.

FEMARTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vintage
Im a Fire Emblem fan, so i'd love to see a Lyn
Also wouldn't mind having Issac From Golden Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom