• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Remember when Mute City was tournament-legal in Melee? Or when Rainbow Cruise and Luigi's Mansion were tournament-legal in Brawl? Yeah, that was a thing. I seriously think that all Mushroom Kingdom U needs is for Nabbit to disappear and for other hazards to have more obvious tells when and where they're going to hit. Of course, that would require the Smash community to stop being so ridiculously conservative about stage lists.

Edit: I think the Mute City ban in Melee happened when Armada's Peach destroyed Mang0's Fox on that stage, or something equally silly. Two things: One, if you're playing a space animal, don't let your opponent take you to Mute City; two, if your opponent is playing Peach, don't let them take you to Mute City. And if both of those things are true, then for the love of Arceus don't let your opponent take you to Mute City! That's one of those stages that you should really just strike right away in such a scenario.
and yet it ended up being just outright banned, which I think is a shame but is something to consider when dealing with stage legality in this game...

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
and yet it ended up being just outright banned, which I think is a shame but is something to consider when dealing with stage legality in this game...
apologies for the double post, but what about costume DLC besides mii fighters? I'd love to see Yarn Yoshi alts soon, what with woolly world and all

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
apologies for the double post, but what about costume DLC besides mii fighters? I'd love to see Yarn Yoshi alts soon, what with woolly world and all
I'd like costume sets for every character (Except little mac, since he already has 16), such as scrubs for Dr. Mario, Young Link for Toon Link, OoT versions of Zelda Characters, If we don't get daisy for DLC, Princess Daisy for Peach.

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
In an ideal world, I would like to see:

Characters
Lloyd / Zelos (Tales of Symphonia)
Monster Hunter (I know it's not happening and that makes me a sad panda :( )
Sandbag (May he grow limbs and destroy us all)
Shovel Knight
Simon Belmont / Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
Ridley (Metroid)
Banjo-Kazooie (Or Yooka-Laylee)

Stages
Dracula's Castle (Castlevania)
Fountain of Dreams (Kirby - Favourite Stage from Melee)
Pokefloats (Melee - Because smacking people around giant floats was hilarious)

Alternate Costumes (kinda like Alph and the Koopalings):
Daisy (Peach Costume)
Medusa (Palutena)

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Characters
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Ridley (Metroid)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
Knuckles (Sanic)
Beat / Gum (Jet Set Radio) :urg: A man can dream...

Stages
Jet Set Radio stage (Just gimme that music)
Corneria (Not a fan of Orbital Gate Assault)
All Melee and N64 stages would make me happy really.

Last edited:

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet

(I would have put mewtwo there too but the image looked way too big, his shiny outfit is just a green tail/belly)

I would pay $5-10 for a Shiny pokemon pack, complete with sounds. It's a huge missed opportunity, I think. They are usually good at honouring source material. I do however think that they missed out big time on shiny pokemon costumes, and you'd think that they would've caught on from brawl to smash 4 (at least with Lucario).

Keep in mind that these pictures are fan-made palette swaps--if they can do it, as well as the project M team can do it (and even do add-ons to character models, might I add! Battle armour mewtwo... :c again, missed opportunity ) why can't it be put in the game? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. It'd be cool to play on for glory and see a shiny 'cario... That would capture the excitement of playing an actual pokemon game, and encountering a shiny randomly. I also am willing to wager that a lot of people who play smash as well as pokemon have no idea that shinies exist because they've never seen one. They'd look it up after seeing it in smash. I think.

It's also weird that they put shiny greninja in it but not properly, with the white on the fins. Does anybody else think that's strange? Maybe it's so that he can be seen on the darker stages such as Lylat, pac-man stage on 3ds, orbital gate assault, etc. I dunno man.

I also may add that Little Mac has 16 costumes, and even though they're wire frame additions, it still feels weird. Especially considering that wireframe sweatshirt mac has a pink one, while regular mac (when the match starts) has a green one. It pretty much shows to me that having shiny pokemon in the game is something they don't want or are just lazy/reluctant to do. PIT HAS 16 COSTUMES TOO, THE LAST 8 ARE CALLED DARK PIT LOLOLL FUNNY JOKE.

(Sorry for the wall of text but this is something I'm passionate about.)

JokeOnTheInternet

Smash Rookie
I'm not really demanding much for DLC. Just a few of characters and stages.

My first three choices for characters would be:
1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Shovel Knight
3. Snake (It would be Ice Climbers but I know that's impossible)

Then there was a guy who shaved off 4 pixels off of the screen and found room for six slots so if that's true my other choice would be.
1. Wolf (And that's pretty much it)

As for stages I just want...
1. Smashville for 3ds
2. Fountain of dreams
3. Yoshi's story

I don't have any requests for mii costumes. I don't really use them.

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
Shiny Pokémon are a must do for the developers, as mentioned above. I also thought of an interesting idea. When playing with the standard costumes there is a very slight chance of starting the match with the shiny costume instead. That means no shiny costume to choose, but rather having it randomly at the start of a match. That would catch the feeling of encountering a shiny for sure!

Also I want Pokémon stadium 1 back.

Custom movesets for the dlc chars. And maybe 4 extra moves for every character, so everyone has 16 instead of 12 moves.

I also want tons of new alternate costumes for everyone, of course straight out of their respective games.

Last edited:

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Shiny Pokémon are a must do for the developers, as mentioned above. I also thought of an interesting idea. When playing with the standard costumes there is a very slight chance of starting the match with the shiny costume instead. That means no shiny costume to choose, but rather having it randomly at the start of a match. That would catch the feeling of encountering a shiny for sure!

Also I want Pokémon stadium 1 back.

Custom movesets for the dlc chars. And maybe 4 extra moves for every character, so everyone has 16 instead of 12 moves.

I also want tons of new alternate costumes for everyone, of course straight out of their respective games.

I don't think many people would appreciate choosing an outfit only to be forced into another; I for sure wouldn't like choosing my regular costume (darker/more saturated) only to be made to play as shiny. For a lot of people, myself included, some outfits mean something besides just a palette swap, ie, I use the darker one because it reminds me of mortal kombat 2, as it's the dark blue that Sub Zero used when both players chose him, and the darker Lucario outfit brings me back to my childhood. Not just that, but my Lucario OC is the darker palette. It's a cool idea in theory, but if I was put into the shiny outfit when I chose a different one, I'd go back to character select, even if I was at a tournament.

Everything else ya said is pretty much good, although I think there are enough customs in the game for the non-dlc characters. However I do support getting DLC character customs. It makes no sense that you pay for these extra characters and don't get what every other character has. But I think (don't quote me on this) that someone said to me once that there can't be customs for DLCharacters, considering the glitches that came with mewtwo upon release. (I doubt that's true, though, because those glitches happened as a result of forcing mii customs onto mewtwo, which isn't really the same as giving him his own designated custom moves.) It's a true shame, though, since Mewtwo, in pokemon, has one of the most diverse movesets in the game.

I support the notion that there should be more costumes, since most costumes are in the game just for team battles. There are exceptions to that, though, with examples like Dark Samus, the various Links, Wario-Mario, Mario-Wario, Waluigi Luigi, LickilickyGreninja, Shadow Lugia Mewtwo, etc. Indeed, to say that they've done a bad job with costumes is a straight up lie. But I wish there were a few holes filled in to make us lore/canonhounds happy <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom