• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Sorry to say but he died with hudson. :x
Along with quality Mario Party games

Huh well then maybe like Boom Boom or Pom Pom? It'd be weird to have just another color or two for Bowser Jr, but maybe since Little Mac has 16 costumes each Koopaling could have one alternate color?

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Prepare to NOT be surprised, NOT thinking it is ground breaking and NOT thinking I changed:

Paper Mario

Yeah, I know a lot expected it when you saw I was posting, but I guess I should say anything related to Paper Mario is good, my true dream is playable.

I don't think it should be of any surprise, but I will say this, after the speculation time, I wanted him more than ever. It turned out that simply talking about him being in smash made me realise how almost infinite his potential is. It's just insane, even if I discard the moveset of him, this is crazy:

Character: Paper Mario of course (did you expected Francis or what?)

Stages: I guess one is enough if it's the theater which.....again, it's just crazy what you can do. So much random events and so much stuff going on and it's simply a waloff and flat stage :) If not it, you could be creative, rogueport or any location is a great one. The best are the theater and the Glitz pit which is almost the same....roughly. Again, huge possibility there.

Music: ANYTHING GOES THERE (altough, please, more music from first 3 games). I'm serious, every music of first 3 games are just awesome. A lot of diversity is there so not a problem :)

Trophies, see above, so much possible.

Assist: Well, just imagining it is just fun to do, but it could be like bosses from the games or enemues that tend to be annoying like Spinia (they are in spm...).

Alt: The most mentioned are Mr L and Shadow queen.....please....

Not even going to start on smash run, this would be too long :)

Again, that was all excluding the characters because he could even have a codec with Gombella.

So, yeah, Paper Mario is pretty much my DLC dream.
RAWK HAWK THEME IN HD

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
My hopes and dreams for DLC would be that they'd announce some sort of smaller team to continuously work on Smash 4 and let that evolve as much as it can.

Or some sort of alternative client you download that uses the content from disc / the main Smash 4 download, and has more experimental changes to the game that they might include in a update, given they intend to update the game further.

OR SCREW IT, I'D LIKE THEM TO "Killer Instinct on Xbox One" THIS OR THE NEXT SMASH GAME.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
As usual, wished Midna was actually playable but that was a pipe dream as the years roll by. Fortunately, Aonuma finally answer that call and made her playable somewhere else. So I couldn't care less if she is/isn't playable in Smash now or in the future. But realistically, I'm still wanting Ganondorf having an updated and original moveset. Even with customs, all I still see is a slower/stronger Falcon with a recovery that makes Falco's look perfect. Suggesting sword or packing magic (he is a warlock after all, shouldn't they be casting a few spells here and there). maybe not the quickest solution, but I don't know how copying someone from a different franchise is the better option aside from saving time. I still find that a little unoriginal and tacked-on at the last minute.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
There are so many other things I forgot in my last post that I had to make a new one.

• Every character gets their own victory fanfare. My ideas:
  • :4mario: Same as Brawl
  • :4luigi: First few bars of the Luigi's Mansion theme
  • :4peach: Boss Defeated fanfare (Super Mario Bros 2), short version of Inside the Castle Walls (Super Mario 64), OR the Princess is Rescued (Super Mario Bros)
  • :4bowser: Game Over theme (Super Mario Bros)
  • :4yoshi: Melee version of his victory theme
  • :rosalina: The one she has now, although it could be redone to be less synthesized
  • :4bowserjr: Lose a Life/Game Over (Super Mario World)
  • :4wario2: Same as Brawl
  • :4dk: Melee version of his victory theme
  • :4diddy: Stage clear extended (Donkey Kong Country 2)
  • :4gaw: Melee victory theme
  • :4littlemac: Same as it is now
  • :4link: Brawl victory theme
  • :4zelda: Melee victory theme
  • :4sheik: Sheik's theme (Ocarina of Time)
  • :4ganondorf: Ganondorf battle (Wind Waker)
  • :4tlink: Open Chest fanfare
  • :4samus: Melee victory theme or new one, I just hate the Brawl one
  • :4zss: Samus' theme (Metroid Prime)
  • :4pit: Same as Brawl
  • :4palutena: Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • :4marth:Same as Brawl
  • :4myfriends: Ike's theme (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
  • :4robinm::4robinf: Id (Purpose) (Fire Emblem: Awakening) (ok so I haven't played the FE series so I don't know if this fits but I just really like that song)
  • :4duckhunt: Same as Smash 4
  • :4kirby: Same as Brawl
  • :4dedede: Kirby's Melee fanfare
  • :4metaknight: Same as Brawl
  • :4fox: Same as Brawl
  • :4falco: Same as Melee
  • :4pikachu: Brawl Victory theme
  • :4charizard: Victory! Gym Leader! (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow)
  • :4lucario: Level-up fanfare (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
  • :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff's Song (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow)
  • :substitute: (Mewtwo) Caught a Pokemon fanfare (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow)
  • :4greninja: Trainer customization fanfare medley (Pokemon X/Y)
  • :4rob: Brawl victory theme
  • :4ness: Melee victory theme (seriously why didn't they bring this one back in Smash 4???)
  • :4falcon:Melee victory theme
  • :4villager::4villagerf: Same as they have now
  • :4olimar::4alph: Same as Brawl
  • :4wiifit::4wiifitm: Same as they have now
  • :4shulk: Same as he has now
  • :4drmario: Either a short version of the Fever theme or the Mario series Melee fanfare
  • :4darkpit: Same as he has now
  • :4lucina: Destiny (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • :4pacman: Same as he has now
  • :4megaman: Same as he has now
  • :4sonic: Same as Brawl
  • :4mii::4miif: Mii Maker (short version)

• :rosalina: would have a Cosmic Guide alt
  • New stages:
    • Super Bell Hill
    • TTYD stage or Glitzville or something (someone had this idea earlier and it's great)
    • Yoshi's Cookie
    • A Pac-Land-esque CDi Zelda stage
    • King K Rool's Pirate Ship
    • Nimbassa City
    • Some new Animal Crossing stage (I don't know what but I want one and this is my dream)
  • More trophies for every stage and for games that usually get overlooked in Smash (older Mario Party games, console Pokemon games, maybe a Virtual Boy trophy?) Examples of ones that I'd like are Tingle and the Milennium Star from Mario Party 3, the classig kart/Pipe Frame from early Mario Kart games, characters from Pokemon Colosseum, all of the Eeveelutions (maybe as one trophy), and one each for the Fighting Polygon Team, Fighting Wire Frames, and Fighting Alloy Team.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
DLC Pack 2- Forgotten Souls
Characters
*Ridley
*Meta Ridley
*Omega Ridley
*Robot Ridley

Okay, but seriously:
DLC Pack 2- Something Borrowed, Something New
Characters:
*Wolf (Veteran, new Final Smash)
*Snake (Veteran)
*King K. Rool (Newcomer)

Stages:
*Peach's Castle (64)
*Venom (Melee)
*Shadow Moses Island (Brawl)
*Gangplank Galleon
*Sky Pillar (3DS-only)
*Starcutter Lor (Wii U-only

Modes:
*Break the Targets
*Race to the Finish

Extra:
*A few more Trophies
*5 new Co-Op Events
*Mr. L costume for Luigi
*Dry Bowser and Dark Bowser costumes for Bowser
*Funky Kong costumes for Donkey Kong
*Dixie Kong costumes for Diddy Kong
*Melee Ganondorf costumes for Ganondorf
*Green belt costume from Melee for Jigglypuff
*Masked Dedede costume for King Dedede
*Famicom costume for Captain Falcon (F-Zero GX reference, anyone?)
*"Gold Cartridge Nintendo World Championship" costume for R.O.B.
*Mrs. Pac-Man costume for Pac-Man

Last edited:

Bhero

Smash Rookie
More sonic chacters for starters. Bring back more characters from the old ones, especially Snake and Lucas(not that I use him, but the Mother rivalry was pretty fun). Lastly, make custom moves usuable in FG since tournaments allow them now.

Last edited:

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I can't believe no one has said this yet. There's FOUR directions in the D-pad yet only THREE TAUNTS! New Taunts should come with new costumes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if we're talking hopes and dreams I want all Veterans semi-clone or higher to return (:popo:, :ivysaur:, :lucas:, :snake:, :squirtle: & :wolf:)

Realistically Lucas and Wolf are the likely ones with Snake having lots of copyright wrangling (especially now that Kojima has been cast out) and the Ice climbers would need a rework.

As for new characters Dixie Kong and Inkling are the ones I want. With the inkling being able to cover the stage in ink to hide and speed all over the place.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Characters-
Inklings- amazing new IP rep
Impa- My favorite Zelda character, Hyrule Warriors design
Captain Toad- SO OVERDUE
Dixie Kong- Highly requested, I prefer her over K. Roll
Isaac- Why not?
Bandanna Dee- must I explain?
Ridley- he's so AWESOME
There's more I could list, but these are my main wants. Pretty standard.
And cut vets (:popo::snake::lucas::wolf:)

Stages for each newcomer and vet
INew alt for every character.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
I dont understand why my boy:lucas: was cut! (and plz dont say just because Mother 3 aint in the U.S.)

If :snake: cant come back, he should be replaced by Sami from Advance Wars, hands down. (Miss that game so much)

Inkling would be great to promote the new IP.

James Bond from goldeneye. :troll:
I doubt that will ever happen, but its not "IMpossible"

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Characters:
  • Mewtwo SCORE!!!!
  • Wolf
  • Ridley
  • K.Rool
  • and I still really would like to see Midna/Ghirahim too.
  • and I still miss Squirtle and Ivysaur too
Stages
  • Put some 3DS stages on WiiU, like Brinstar, Corneria, or Gerudo Valley
  • Return of Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, or Fountain of Dreams
Costumes
  • Ganondorf from Hyrule Warriors. Bonus points if they just go the whole way and replace him with the HW moveset. Put Black Shadow in his place, it'd fit.
  • More alternates, not just recolors. Wouldn't mind a true Daisy, not just a Peach cosplay. And Mr. L
Music
  • I'd want to be able to switch music on stages. I'm disappointed since the ocarina medley on Eldin Bridge would be better on Skyloft, and Skyloft's lorule theme would sound great on the bridge.
Modes
  • Just put smash run on the HD screen. It's infinitely better than smash tour. And you can actually play alone
  • A stock mode where you can have a team.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Characters:
Imajin (Doki Doki Panic)
Ridley
King K Rool
Viewtiful Joe
Paper Mario
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer as his own character
Chibi-Robo

Stages:
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Green Hill Zone (added to Wii U version)
Fountain of Dreams

Updates:
Stage editor to allow block-by-block placement like in Brawl
Ability to share created stages and custom fighters
Ability to save Mii fighters to a Wiimote, the way you can save Mii's to a Wiimote on the Wii
Supspace Emissary 2

Music:
Any and all music from SMB3, Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C, Earthbound, and Sonic 3

Assist Trophies:
Odama
Kunckles
Todd (Pokemon Snap)
King Boo
Kritter
Waddle Dee
Pink Gold Peach in a Kart

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
So supposedly, on the smashbros official site, players can vote for future DLC.
-Possible- future DLC, it was stated that they would try to make the characters available, but not all requests will be able to be met.

That being said, I voted for Princess Daisy to be included so long as she could be unique from Princess Zelda.

With Mewtwo coming in, I'm more than happy to say I have pretty much everyone in there I want.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
More diverse alt costumes!!

Mrs. Pacman and Paula for Ness sound excellent. Maybe a black/hispanic Villager. The cast desperately needs more MELANIN.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Mrs Pacman, and Paula would be pretty kickass actually. I'd like to see that.
I had read before that Mrs. Pacman was illegitimately created in the US, not by Namco, so that was a possible explanation for her exclusion. But just as well, Mrs. Pacman is always included in compilations, and in other Namco games apparently. Either way, she absolutely deserves a spot on the roster if Namco can pull the strings for it.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I had read before that Mrs. Pacman was illegitimately created in the US, not by Namco, so that was a possible explanation for her exclusion. But just as well, Mrs. Pacman is always included in compilations, and in other Namco games apparently. Either way, she absolutely deserves a spot on the roster if Namco can pull the strings for it.
I don't think she's a victim of licensing issues. She's standing there at the beginning of Pac Man's stage.

Last edited:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
Characters:

King K. Rool:
He's long overdue for his Smash debut. If there were no fan ballot, I would have said he had no chance of getting into the game because of his lack of presence in the Donkey Kong Country Returns series. But with the ballot, he actually has a legitimate chance of making it to the roster. As for his moveset, he has a lot that he can work with. His blunderbuss from DKC2, blasts of electricity from DKC3, his crown from DKC1 and his boxing moves from DK64. Outside of Dedede, there really isn't a heavy character who can use projectiles, so adding another heavy projectile character would be nice.

Simon Belmont: I can't think of anyone who has a better moveset potential than Simon. The whip, the various weapons he collects around the stages in Castlevania, Simon has a lot to work with.

Octodad: After seeing the gameplay footage of Octodad: Dadliest Catch, I want him in Smash. More than the Inklings. He'd make for a great joke character. I have no idea how he would work, but then again, I had no idea how Wii Fit Trainer was going to work. Maybe the more clothing he loses, he takes more damage?

Toad: He's the only recurring Mario protagonist that is not playable. For what reason, I don't know. Now whether you want Captain Toad or just regular Toad, it doesn't matter, as both can work. Those who imply that Captain Toad cannot jump because of his backpack have a valid point as to why he might not fit, but surely he can get rid of the bag. Anyway, since Toad holds the power-up supplies, he could by all means use them. Think of it like the Monado Arts. Push or hold B, then when you let go, Toad hits an invisible block and he grabs a powerup. Depending on the powerup, he'll be buffed in one area and nerfed elsewhere.

Dr. Eggman: I'd much rather have him in than Tails because this game lacks villains. His arsenal of weapons and badniks can be used at his disposal while operating the Egg Carrier or some other mechanized mobile of his.

Veterans (Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers): They deserve to be back in the game. Especially Ice Climbers.

Legato

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LLegato
I am really surprised no one has suggested Zero.

I think he would be great since he would kind of be similar to Robin but quite different. Uses a sword and can mix projectiles

Simon Belmont definitely would be an awesome addition as well. Both are characters that I think offers something more unique to the game than just being fan favorites.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
There comes a day in every "Smashers" life, were we all dream of a chance to include our hopes and dreams into Super Smash Bros. And yesterday was that day. Now we, the smashers got the chances to try to recruit our favourite character to the battlefield, to fight the rest of the best, and the fight inside our mind gets even more heated. "Who? I can only pick one" so the discussion starts.

The tagline will be, who's next?

Alright, so to the serious discussion point. As a true Smasher, I will take this into a major consideration, onto who I will stample as my "Recruit". As Iwata stated "Every vote will be taken into close consideration", so not just popularity, but also quanity over what could be the next character. We all knew Sakurai was lying when he said "We do not plan on anything after Mewtwo" or, I knew, but I bet most die hard fans also knew.

So here in my spoiler will be my thoughts and sweat to this hard aching choice. If you would like to read some of my ideas, then be my guest, it would be nice.

Welcome, guest, smasher, to my mind. If you came here for some ideas and suggestions from a guy who have been playing since launch, you are gladley welcome! Here I will come up with some reasons for what characters I think of, maybe we somewhat think alike?

First off, here comes the obvious ones!

Veterans -
We are now talking about the "cut" characters from previous games. The complete list as of now stands to;

Pichu - (Pokémon Gold & Silver)
Young Link - (TLoZ - Ocarina of Time)
Roy - (Fire Emblem - Binding Blade)
Ice Climbers - (Ice Climbers for the NES)
Squirtle - (Pokémon Red & Blue)
Ivysaur - (Pokémon Red & Blue)
Wolf O'Donnell - (Starfox 64)
Solid Snake - (Metal Gear)

Alright, most of these characters are most likley to return; Ice Climbers, Solid Snake and Wolf. There are also chances of seeing Roy, Ivysaur and Squirtle, as of them being quite unique for the roster. (Roy considerably). Doubts are upon Young Link and Pichu's return, unless Young Link is re-animated to fight with Masks from the "Majora's Mask" game.

Ice Climbers will most likley be the next character revealed after Lucas. Or perhaps from a "Buisniss standpoint" delayed until November, December time, to fit the theme. (So far, Mewtwo and Lucas are 2 months from each other, and thinking that the next one will be 2 months after Lucas.)

Let us go over to the good part...
The Newcomers!

Before we go on and tell everyone how much we love Shrek, and Goku would be perfect for Super Smash, let us stay more "Serious". Those listed will not be part of the game. Remember these are "Suggestions" to what we might expect for upcoming DLC characters, and not things that "WILL" happen if the fans demand it, so sorry Shrek, your chances are all "Ogre" now... (sorry)

Anyways, now after playing a while with the current roster, and seeing what we miss, and what could have been a new "fresh" addition, that is what we will be looking into when we make a new character "recruitment" in the poll. So if you wish for Princess Daisy, then I hope for god sake you breathe her everyday, since some of us do not, and yes, we will most likley be dissepointed, but do not make yourself sad because of it, and rather enjoy what new things will come.

I will also not add "Ridley" to the list, because as we know, it is a stage hazard, and same rule goes for Assist Trophies (R.I.P Skull Kid).

My personal want list starts here;

King K. Rool - He is my favourite Nintendo Villain, and the character I have been wanting since Melee. Bummed by his lack of appearences in the Smash World, this is a heavily requested character, and I see it most likley that he will be a playable DLC character, and with all those people requesting him, I think I will pass my vote to another character, because of their chance as well to get a chance!

Chibi-Robo - You heard me! That adorable little robo thing. If you have been playing Super Smash Flash, you know what it is capeable of, and the fact that it will be a good IP representive of the GameCube era together with Animal Crossing and Pikmin, makes me want him even more. I have seen that he has gathered some fans over the year, and it might be the one I will vote for.

Isaac - Golden Sun deserves the representive, and like K. Rool, I really want the character to make an epic return as a playable character, but I do not know much or can even call myself a huge Isaac fan to let my vote go for him, he is a shoe-in, so I will not worry.

Lip - Panel de Pon, the first type of Candy Crush there was, and what a fun game it was. Even if you had to play Yoshi or Pokémon Puzzle Leauge instead of the Japanese original port of the fairies. Lip is still an awesome choice I would like to see part of the game, I do not know if my vote will directly go towards her, but I hope she will get a chance to be there tho.

Inkling - With all the promotion Splatoon is getting, and how fun the game looks, I really took a liking to the Inklings, and now that they also got an Amiibo, I think it is a huge chance that they could represent their series by becoming a DLC character. High chance of my Vote to go to them.

(Ending the reasoning from my own Signature photo, now I will start with other perspectives)

So now comes some more characters, I do not have in my signature, but I rather like, or I see got a chance, or perhaps I just want to discuss, let us start here.

Paper Mario - What an unique flat 2D character this would have become if he became a playable one? ANOTHER MARIO? You may ask, but think about it and how different he would be from any other character in the entire game!

Krystal - A lot of Starfox fans had been waiting for this furry, and I do understand why, so likley she will be considered, but thinking of how popular Wolf is compared to her, I do not think she will be the most likley DLC character.

Captain Toad - It depends on how popular the game will be after a couple of months. If the popularity keeps gaining, I could see there be a chance for Toad to be playable as Captain Toad, but then again there is Toad under Peach's dress, but if you keep dreaming, then it might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dixie Kong - A lot of people prefer this hair swinging kong over the giant Croc King, but I am not one of them. Even tho I could see both of them likley, I think Dixie would be a cool alternative version of Diddy Kong, too bad Diddy is the one I despite the most out of all character movesets.

Baby Bros - How would you like it if Baby Mario and Baby Luigi joined the frey together? In a duo sort of playstyle, the like of Ice Climbers. Think of how that could make a new Yoshi representive. I imagine it as a cool idea, that could have a chance, not a big one ofcourse, but a fun one.

Mike Jones - Ever played Star Tropic? No? Well, me neither, but learning about the history of Nintendo, I did come across over the series, and I have seen a lot of ideas and talk of Jones in Smash, even seen some pretty convincinge photo's, so I thought of how cool it actually would be to see the character a playable.

Virus - Remember how I talked about the cool combination between Baby Mario and Baby Luigi just one suggestion ago? How about a new playstyle with the likes of 3 characters at the same time? Getting the villain group from Doctor Mario, Virus their own slot, would bring an unique character design and moveset oppertunity for the game! Just close your eyes and imagine it.

(We end the primar discussion here, and open up for something a bit more "less Nintendo")

Remember in the direct that Iwata said "
Video game character" instead of "Nintendo" specificly character? Yeah, I know what I did say earlier about Shrek and Goku, but I am now aiming more for reasonable characters like Rayman and perhaps Banjo Kazooie, let us talk quick about it here!

Rayman - With a trophy in the game, and the great partnership Nintendo and the creators of Rayman is having currently, I could see Rayman be part of the game, pretty much. He is a cool representive that could make a very special and unique character.

Banjo & Kazooie - Every Nintendo 64' fanboy's dream. Unfortuantly they are now owned by Microsoft, who most likley will decline the rights of BK to Nintendo. But, sure, waste/use your vote on them, and hope for the best.

Bomberman -
Just think of how cool it would be if Bomberman got to be part of Super Smash Bros? I have always wanted to see Bomberman, but never believed in the chances he had, but now ofcourse, I would be open for it. I have to be realistic tho, and place my first priorities over to the Nintendo characters.

Shovel Knight - I do not know much of Shovel Knight and the 2D platform game he comes from, but for some reason, I really like the design of Shovel Knight, so I would love to see the character actually make the jump to the series.

Professor Layton - We already know that Studio-5 who created Layton wants him to be part of the series, and I could defenently see Layton work in the universe of Super Smash Bros. I do indeed hope that his fans will demand him so that Nintendo would agree to make the character.

Geno - Hate me or love me, but I do indeed support the addition of Geno. I really like the character and have been a fan of him since pre-brawl. The rumours about him returning to Brawl was intense, how sad it was to know that it was not real. Now we got a chance to bring him back, but again, he is in a sticky situation as to Nintendo not having the fully rights to the character.

(Ending all discussion, just a few ending words)

First of all, thank you very much for listening to this Smash Fan's choices. All I can say is that ofcourse I would be satisfied with a S.T.E.A.M character, but I have never been developing much attention into the series to know how it work, but I would be fine with it. Also if you knew me from before you would be shocked to not find any F-Zero relative suggestions, the truth is, even tho I love F-Zero, I have to admit that the chances of a new F-Zero rep is pretty slim, so I try to be optimistic and realistic at the same time!

I am torned of who I will choose, but I think that my vote goes for the Inklings to make an entrance in the series. I am just wating to see.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I don't care to what degree, but I want Bravely (AKA continuation of the original FF games) representation. If nothing else give us the music. Seriously.

Seriously.
SERIOUSLY.

Almost forgot Bravely Second music

Last edited:

Jackaraia

Smash Cadet

But only if he has a completely different moveset. (I.E. Different special moves that make his playstyle differen't from megaman, and some sword and shield moves for his smash attacks and ariels. Preferably shield based attacks or things that utilize the shield over the sword.)

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I first want to say, thank you Nintendo for Smash! Also, Sakurai has done an amazing job. Seriously, haters should just go home. Anyway, with the opportunity to add characters, this would be my list. Obviously I will not list any attributes as in likely or not likely, cuz hey, it's a wish list. AND I WILL NOT WINE/COMPLAIN IF ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOT IN THE DLC. I will say I am already excited just this opportunity since we were left to think no more future DLC. YES!

Nintendo

Veterans - Roy (Ephriam as alternate like Olimar and Alph?) and Star Wolf. (Maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur ... though there are a lot of pokemon reps) Since Ice Climbers weren't working on the previous generation 3DS, I don't think they would be an option. I doubt they would add Snake, to be honest, he doesn't really "fit" in the Nintendo universe. (just my opinion, but nothing against his gameplay and fans) Lastly, not a huge fan of Pichu ....

Dixie Kong and/or K Rool - I think The Kong universe needs more rep! It is still an ongoing series.

Ridley - I would include Dark Samus ... but she's already an assist trophy. Metroid needs more rep.

Inklings - If Splatoon is popular, maybe a nod to the new IP. Plus it could be like Robin where there is the male and female to choose from.

Isaac - Seriously, give Golden Sun some love!

Ephriam/Naphenee - A spear user for Fire emblem rep! Since they both use spears ... could be neat to do the whole Olimar and Alph character models.

Geno - This would obviously be a guest character, like Sonic and Pacman, so it may be harder to get the ok from Square Enix. But hey, Mario RPG started Mario in the RPG realm. Good times.

I have more ideas, but these were at least the first ideas.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I feel like if we are going to be getting a spear rep from FE it'll be Anna (she uses one in apotheosis).

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
She could be an interesting use of that, though she is more of a sword user regularly. But hey, I would be grateful to mix it up a bit since FE is pretty popular.

YourFaithfulStudent brought up Bomberman, that's a good choice since he hasn't gotten much love!

As usual, wished Midna was actually playable but that was a pipe dream as the years roll by. Fortunately, Aonuma finally answer that call and made her playable somewhere else. So I couldn't care less if she is/isn't playable in Smash now or in the future. But realistically, I'm still wanting Ganondorf having an updated and original moveset. Even with customs, all I still see is a slower/stronger Falcon with a recovery that makes Falco's look perfect. Suggesting sword or packing magic (he is a warlock after all, shouldn't they be casting a few spells here and there). maybe not the quickest solution, but I don't know how copying someone from a different franchise is the better option aside from saving time. I still find that a little unoriginal and tacked-on at the last minute.
I always thought Ganondorf should have an updated move set that is more in line with his style based on the Zelda games and not a Cpt. Falcon clone. Instead, maybe have either BloodHawk/Falcon or BlackShadow take current Ganondorf's moves and change Ganondorf. Nothing against people who like playing ganondorf ... it would just make more sense to me....

Last edited:

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
-Wolf
- A 1v1 For fun setting.
- fountain of dreams
- diddy nerfs to hoo hah
- toon sheik
- custom fighters in for fun version
- pie

MoHarp

Smashin' Bass Guitars
NNID
MoHarp
Switch FC
SW 3796 8060 8415
Geno.
I put him as my ballot choice on the Smash Bros. website.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
I hope they use a new character rather than bringing back a veteran, especially since many of the vets besides Snake (feel he has obvious reasons he won't return) and ice climbers (can't work on 3DS) were semi-clones at best. The characters I want to appear who I think have best chance are Paper Mario and Issac. I'd also love if Fiora, Sylux or Proto man.

As for stages DLC:
-Fountain of dreams
-Both mushroom kingdom stages from SSB
Costume DLC:
-Lucina with a mask
-Mario's original colors
-Link's actual black costume instead of shadow Link
-Masked Dedede

Other DLC:
-Bring the Fan back
-I'd settle for even a few generic "Break the Platform" games since asking for one for each fighter is unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom