• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have one wish. Anyone from Castlevania.

Other than that:
Bomberman

Obscure pick:
M-308

Stages:
Library from 'vania
Dracula's room in 'vania

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Wolf and Krystal

I'd say Daisy but she'd be too much of a Peach clone (and Peach is a beast in Smash 4)
Oh wait, that probably wouldn't be a problem.

As for Pokemon, probably Growlithe or Jynx.

Stage wise: The star fox stage from Melee.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if we're talking hopes and dreams I want all Veterans semi-clone or higher to return (:popo:, :ivysaur:, :lucas:, :snake:, :squirtle: & :wolf:)

Realistically Lucas and Wolf are the likely ones with Snake having lots of copyright wrangling (especially now that Kojima has been cast out) and the Ice climbers would need a rework.

As for new characters Dixie Kong and Inkling are the ones I want. With the inkling being able to cover the stage in ink to hide and speed all over the place.
Well past me you got Lucas and Roy as a bonus. Didn't see Ryu coming. LEt's hope it stays this good from here on out.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
An HD Melee Stage DLC Pack. Melee's stages were just so nostalgic and pleasing to the eye, and I'd buy any DLC that has Fourside, Poke Floats, Brinstar Depths, Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, Great Bay, or Princess Peach's Castle any day.
As for character DLC, I really don't care that much at this point who gets in. I already got my Melee main back, after all. I'd buy Groose and Geno in a heartbeat, and I'd definitely consider getting K. Rool, Snake, or Wolf, budget permitting. Anyone else, I'd only really consider if their movesets looked cool.
Anything else I either don't want or don't care about enough to give it a second thought.

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
Characters:
  1. Garo Master, I don't care that he was just a small enemy, they had their own cool intro thing and the ring of fire and die without a trace, was cool as hell (Majora's Mask)
  2. Bayonetta, dunno how to make her without all the stripping stuff, but still want her (Bayonetta...)
  3. Snake, cause who didn't love snake? (Metal Gear)
  4. Psycho Mantis, because he was the coolest boss I have ever fought (Metal Gear)
Stages:
  1. Poke Floats, it was way better than orbital gate assault and I don't care how annoying you found it, it was great
  2. Big Blue, that is the best stage ever, I will never say anything beats it
  3. Yeah I lied, Corneria was the best stage ever and I want it on Wii U
  4. If Corneria wasn't enough I also want Planet Zebes, I don't care that they're pretty much the same thing, I played so much of that stage
Costumes:
  1. :4sheik:If you can't make the Garo Master a character, I at least want one to be taped awkwardly on Sheik
  2. :4fox:Whether they make Wolf or not, I still want him in it somehow
  3. :4samus:Some sort of skin where when she rolls she is a bowling ball and shoots bowling pins instead of missiles
  4. :4bowserjr:A normal Koopa Troopa

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sceptile would be another nimble, combo-heavy speedster character.:4falcon::4diddy::4fox::4greninja::4pikachu::4sheik::4sonic::4zss:
Boring.
Next.
Well I still like Sceptile so...

Anyways, why not Gengar? He's already playable in the new Pokken Tournament fighting game designed by Namco's Tekken Team.

^ *whistles* What a crazy looking moveset!

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Everyone is gonna rage at me but I'm saying it:

My hopes and dreams is that none of the top ballot newcomers make it in.
I seriously have no idea why these characters are so liked, most of them are just randomly on a list under the reason of "Smash could use some more **** characters!" "Smash needs some more **** rep!" When that's... fully opinion for whether or not Smash lacks on those, all people take it as if that's a necessity.

And when to oppose them, the reasons are simple enough. Just replace "Smash could use some more" with "It would be yet another".

Then there's some characters who are wanted because they have a certain kind of weapon, mostly those generic ones, yet not yet found in Smash. "He has a spear! Never done before!" "She has a staff! Much more potential!" What are you guys even voting for, the weapon?

And then even worse, someone attacking others in attempt of supporting their own character. "****'s haters are just gay ****s." "**** is way more popular than ****, who doesn't even deserve to be in the game" "If you are a **** fan, be silenced" "You don't like us doing ****? Cool, let's do more!" etc. Does that make their character / fanbase any better?

When most of the fanbase I see, even those who claim to be the most mature of the fanbase, I instantly lose hope of the characters. It ends up that for almost everyone at the top-voted area of the ballot polls, all of them doesn't seem likable, if not hated by me.

I want characters who are special to Nintendo. Those who would really make an interesting character, not because they have a certain personality, not because they wield a certain weapon, but that they would truly fit in the game's style, play well with or against the rest of the roster, and not made in just because one or two minor aspects of the character.

And other than that, I would just want veterans to come back. Wolf is the only one I truly want, but I would neutrally/happily accept all other veterans, plus maybe Bandanna Dee. Or Slippy if SF needs another rep.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Zero from Megaman and I want him to have a almost the same moves as he does in UMvC3.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Oh yeah, Ice Climbers too. Definitely bring back my Ice Climbers.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Modes: A "Customs: Select" mode in which you could select your custom moveset from the select screen, without equipment and without worry about unlocking customs. No more logistics issues for custom moves.

More freedom in altering Miis. You'd be able to set Mii Fighters' height and weight on a 5 point scale after making it, and it'll start off with a 3 in each regardless of the height and weight on the mii maker. The ideal settings for an Official Standard Custom Project swordfighter and gunner would be height 2, weight 1, and the two brawlers would be height 1, weight 1 and height 3, weight 3. Also regardless of the moves you give your mii fighter, you'd be able to select from all its possible options on Customs: Select mode.

"Alpha Mode" in which certain stages (Mushroom Kingdom U, Pyrosphere, Skyloft, Port Town) lose their damaging hazards and nabbit, and some (Colosseum, Wii Fit Studio) lose their walkoffs. Essentially bumping up the legal stagelist to include as many stages as possible.

A Music Transfer mod on My Music
Modes: A "Customs: Select" mode in which you could select your custom moveset from the select screen, without equipment and without worry about unlocking customs. No more logistics issues for custom moves.

More freedom in altering Miis. You'd be able to set Mii Fighters' height and weight on a 5 point scale after making it, and it'll start off with a 3 in each regardless of the height and weight on the mii maker. The ideal settings for an Official Standard Custom Project swordfighter and gunner would be height 2, weight 1, and the two brawlers would be height 1, weight 1 and height 3, weight 3. Also regardless of the moves you give your mii fighter, you'd be able to select from all its possible options on Customs: Select mode.

"Alpha Mode" in which certain stages (Mushroom Kingdom U, Pyrosphere, Skyloft, Port Town) lose their damaging hazards and nabbit, and some (Colosseum, Wii Fit Studio) lose their walkoffs. Essentially bumping up the legal stagelist to include as many stages as possible.

A Music Transfer mod on My Music, in which you could take a song you've unlocked from one stage and swap it with a song on another stage. You want the Boss Battle theme from Uprising on Smashville? Done. The remix of Melee's opening theme from Battlefield on Miiverse? Done. Ike's theme on Big Battlefield? You got it.

The ability to customize the character and stage select screens once you've unlocked everything. For tournaments, this would mean putting Dreamland on the main stage screen and relegating Great Cave Offensive to "extra stages" for example.

Characters: Isaac from Golden Sun. Would use his Psynergy, Djinn, and Sol Blade. Maybe a few Felix alts, alph-style.

Blaziken from Pokemon. I have a thread about this, but the gist is that he'd use Speed Boost in a unique moveset that isn't a Captain Falcon clone. http://smashboards.com/threads/speed-boost-has-potential-blaziken-for-sm4sh.391892/ Here's the thread if you're curious.

King K Rool from DKC. We need another heavy, basically.

Stages: Meta Crystal (64). The stage in Smash 64 where Metal Mario was fought.

Pyrite Colosseum, from Pokemon XD and Colosseum. This would basically be a transformation-free version of PS2, but with a higher ceiling and with a Pyrite Colosseum skin. Would feature music from the GCN Pokemon games, Battle Revolution, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The stage would come with Blaziken, and in a battle between Blaziken and another Pokemon, you could do a smash taunt in which two trainers talk about how Pokemon logic gets thrown out the window in Smash. The Omega form would have a backdrop of Primal Groudon because pun.

Colossos, from Golden Sun. Would have songs from Golden Sun and The Lost Age, and a crowd watching the fight. The stage layout would be identical to Project M's Green Hill Zone. Would come with Isaac.

Great Bay, from Melee. Tingle would be absent.

Pirate Ship, from Brawl.

Costumes: Shiny alts for all the Pokemon without them.

a Knuckles Mii Brawler suit

Felix as a Mii Swordfighter

Waluigi as a Mii Gunner. Because why not.

Shadow Mario/Luigi as alts for the Mario Bros.

Ms. Pac Man for Pac Man.

Alts for Bowser Jr that aren't a Koopaling.

Other: hitboxes and frame data on Dark Pit changed to be different from Pit.

yeah thats a lot, but a guy can dream :p

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I'm expecting some sort of Star Fox DLC to support Star Fox Zero. I'm hoping for a stage from that game, maybe implementing the walker Arwings (w/e they're called) as either a stage hazard or something the players can interact with, like the Flying Men or Ridley.
Character-wise: Krystal > Wolf. I love Wolf, don't get me wrong. I love using him, especially in Project M, but I hope for the new DLC to be newcomers. Even if Krystal isn't in Star Fox Zero, I think she'd be a blast to play if they pull a Roy and use a combination of her appearances in Adventures and Assault. A mix of staff/magic/firearms! She'd be great.
Also, where my Ray custom robo at :drflip: ? You know you want to fight to this music. And this music. My choice DLC stage would definitely be Panic Cube. I feel like Smash focuses either on what's recent (released within x amount of years prior to the new Smash) or incredibly old, but there's many quality choices for reps of franchises in-between recent and old that are being ignored. I'm not a fan of Golden Sun, but that and Custom Robo are franchises that aren't old enough to be retro, but don't have entries released 'recently' enough to be thought of as relevant character sources. 'Recently dead', is what I'd call them.

Other neat things I'd like:
  1. Color editor DLC (come on, Palutena's hair should be different colors. Same with Zamus, she'd look stunning with raven-black hair imo)
  2. Extra costumes/character alts (I'd lovingly pay for a Ninten or Masked Man alt if it's bundled with a Mother stage, new or old. And OoT Zelda pls)
  3. Customs for DLC characters
  4. Customs for DLC characters
  5. Update that makes duplicate custom moves impossible to get
  6. Smash Run for Wii U
In the back of my heart, Travis Touchdown would be cool. I mean, we have Ryu and had Snake lmao

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Everyone is gonna rage at me but I'm saying it:

My hopes and dreams is that none of the top ballot newcomers make it in.
I seriously have no idea why these characters are so liked, most of them are just randomly on a list under the reason of "Smash could use some more **** characters!" "Smash needs some more **** rep!" When that's... fully opinion for whether or not Smash lacks on those, all people take it as if that's a necessity.

And when to oppose them, the reasons are simple enough. Just replace "Smash could use some more" with "It would be yet another".

Then there's some characters who are wanted because they have a certain kind of weapon, mostly those generic ones, yet not yet found in Smash. "He has a spear! Never done before!" "She has a staff! Much more potential!" What are you guys even voting for, the weapon?

And then even worse, someone attacking others in attempt of supporting their own character. "****'s haters are just gay ****s." "**** is way more popular than ****, who doesn't even deserve to be in the game" "If you are a **** fan, be silenced" "You don't like us doing ****? Cool, let's do more!" etc. Does that make their character / fanbase any better?

When most of the fanbase I see, even those who claim to be the most mature of the fanbase, I instantly lose hope of the characters. It ends up that for almost everyone at the top-voted area of the ballot polls, all of them doesn't seem likable, if not hated by me.

I want characters who are special to Nintendo. Those who would really make an interesting character, not because they have a certain personality, not because they wield a certain weapon, but that they would truly fit in the game's style, play well with or against the rest of the roster, and not made in just because one or two minor aspects of the character.

And other than that, I would just want veterans to come back. Wolf is the only one I truly want, but I would neutrally/happily accept all other veterans, plus maybe Bandanna Dee. Or Slippy if SF needs another rep.
I'm curious to hear your opinion on Isaac, and maybe his fanbase?
It's always interesting to hear various opinions, and I don't think I've seen someone with an opinion like yours yet, when it comes to popular picks for the Ballot. :)

Also, where my Ray custom robo at :drflip: ? You know you want to fight to this music. And this music. My choice DLC stage would definitely be Panic Cube. I feel like Smash focuses either on what's recent (released within x amount of years prior to the new Smash) or incredibly old, but there's many quality choices for reps of franchises in-between recent and old that are being ignored. I'm not a fan of Golden Sun, but that and Custom Robo are franchises that aren't old enough to be retro, but don't have entries released 'recently' enough to be thought of as relevant character sources. 'Recently dead', is what I'd call them.
Would you still call Golden Sun "recently dead" if I told you that Dark Dawn was released in 2010, and Punch-Out! Wii in 2009, knowing that Little Mac is now playable...? :confused:

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
You can take a guess at what my Dream Newcomer would be.
Other then Krystal being my most wanted I want Solid Snake to make a return so bad along with Wolf.
Other characters would be Isaac from Golden Sun and K. Rool.
And I would have to have a Re-Make of Pokefloats added back in with some of the newer Gen Pokemon!! Would completely destroy my Main Little Mac but I wouldn't care!

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'm curious to hear your opinion on Isaac, and maybe his fanbase?
It's always interesting to hear various opinions, and I don't think I've seen someone with an opinion like yours yet, when it comes to popular picks for the Ballot. :)
I'm more neutral for Isaac. Sure, swordfighting, earth magic, blah blah blah. Overall it's not too interesting for me, but to be fair nothing so far interests me in terms of newcomers.

The only problem I would have against Isaac is the AT argument. Yeah, Little Mac got a promotion. Doesn't really necessarily mean Isaac will. Yet when it comes to speculation, everyone took that as if that makes Isaac really likely.
There may be some reason behind why the AT is removed, way more than just falling in the same fate as Little Mac. But then again it might just be as unexplained as Wolf's. Or the "time constraint" thing all over again.

Fanbase wise, so far I've only seen one considerably more annoying in GameFaqs, who would go and bash Earthbound, causing a few RP-ish situations and such. Nothing else really.

I'm quite glad the first reply of that isn't a countering post, since normally if I would go against the popular choices, I'm basically playing with Fire.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Would you still call Golden Sun "recently dead" if I told you that Dark Dawn was released in 2010, and Punch-Out! Wii in 2009, knowing that Little Mac is now playable...? :confused:
Touche, sir! But isn't Punch-Out!! also a retro series?

@ Logo12 Logo12 , I've been seeing those a lot around GameFAQs too! They're such a feisty group. The GS vs EB "wars", sheesh. Every other thread on there is bashing someone or something...

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
:pichumelee: comes back with an unchanged moveset and melee physics... This means he will be the only character in the game who can L cancel and wave dash.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Touche, sir! But isn't Punch-Out!! also a retro series?

@ Logo12 Logo12 , I've been seeing those a lot around GameFAQs too! They're such a feisty group. The GS vs EB "wars", sheesh. Every other thread on there is bashing someone or something...
The GS Vs EB thread on GameFAQs was so random and sad. Like why even was this needed. GameFAQs is the worst but I've grown to love it and a few of its members on the Smash Board at least.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Thanks for the answers, @ Logo12 Logo12 and @ Nona Nona . The only thing bugging me about the missing AT issue is that even the time constraint doesn't seem logical, to me: They showed a lot of Brawl ATs at some point, and they still had a lot of time to port the others if they wanted. Arguably it's not something that would take a lot of time.
I've yet to find a good reason for the removal of Isaac's AT (there may be differet reasons for different ATs, after all).

For sure, the GameFAQs community isn't the nicest one. I don't go there often but the last time I did, I indeed saw a ton of absurdities.

Finally, about Punch-Out!! being retro, I guess it is. My opinion is that Smash Bros fails to represent a lot of excellent franchises that are not "retro" nor very recent (Chibi-Robo, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven are in the same situation). And that's a shame, because it's also an important part of Nintendo's history.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Skins dlc,
expansion to character color swatches that give actual costume changes to characters. Samus gets some of her in game suits,
Link gets some Zora armor
CAT MARIO FTW
Id buy that for a dollar

Kuro_Neko

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nekiiro
Shovel knight for sure he has so much potential and if there was music added in from the game it would be the best music in the game, also I think he would be high tier if they make him like I think they might.

Characters:

King K. Rool
Rayman
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
Snake

As for new stages, ones which reperesent Rayman, Snake and Bomberman would be nice, along with Gangplak Galleon/The Flying Kroc for K.Rool.

An adventure mode like the SSE would be ideal too.

Eworkoom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eworkoom
I would say Isaac... but his alt skins would be Garet, Ivan or Mia ! Like Bowser Jr. ! :D
Would 100% love that :p

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
I'll jump in with a few ideas organized as DLC packs

Girl Power Pack
Five Fierce Female Fighters
Bayonetta
Dixie Kong
Krystal
Anna
Impa

Four Brand New Stages
Fimbulventr Peak
Lake Orangutanga
Sauria Field
The Mila Tree

Alternate Costumes
Brittany alts for Olimar.
Jeanne alt for Bayonetta

Vile Villains Pack
Three New Villainous Characters and an Old Foe Returns!
Wolf
King K. Rool
Medusa
King Boo

A New Stage
Gankplank Galleon

Cute Critters Pack
Three Adorable New Smashers Plus an Beloved Little Buddy Returns!
Hawlucha
Birdo
Bandanna Dee
Pichu (maybe an alt for Pikachu, but I don't think the hitboxes would match)

Pichu Brought a Present With Him!
Poke Floats returns from Melee

Smash vs. Street Fighter Pack
Uh-Oh! Looks like Ryu brought some friends!
Chun-Li
M. Bison
Cammy
Sakura
Zangief

An Honored Foe Tags In!
Ken alt for Ryu

Lending A Hand! Guile and E. Honda Assist Trophies!

Sonic & Friends Pack
It's a Regular Sonic Adventure in Here!
Knuckles
Metal Sonic
Amy
Dr. Eggman

Two New Stages!
The Egg Carrier
Space Station ARK

Nostalgia Stage Pack
Some Beloved Old Stages
Saffron City (64)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
Kongo Jungle (Melee)
Big Blue (Melee)
Fourside (Melee)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)
New Pork City (Brawl)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

All would of course come with lots of new music and trophies.

I kind of ran away with this thing.....

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
New Pork City was disliked in Brawl (and with good reason), but it'd fit 8 Player Smash perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom