• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
My absolute dream roster? Hmm...

• Wario, with a moveset based on Warioland instead of this "LOL FARTS" nonsense. He'd be a big heavyweight character with lots of moves that have insane killing power. He'd have his grapples from Wario World and his shoulder/head rush attacks from Warioland, maybe some hats and transformations as well, like morphing his legs into springs for a crazy up-smash, putting on his eagle hat so he can shoulder rush in the air, and putting on his dragon hat so he can blow flames. His final smash would be a command grab that could get multiple characters, he'd rush forward with an empty money sack and stuff his opponents into it, then shake them down really violently, causing tons of coins to fly out. He then chucks his opponents off the stage with a mighty toss and hoovers up all the coins they dropped.
  • Lip from Panel de Pon. In addition to being able to lob garbage blocks and panels around, she'd also have tons of flower magic she could cast with her wand, the ability to cast rainbow bridges as temporary platforms, the ability to plant flowers in a sort of defensive pattern where they will ensnare people within their petals or spin their petals like fanblades. Her final smash involves playing a quick game of Panel de Pon and getting as high a combo as possible in order to drop the mother of all garbage blocks onto the stage, which crashes into it like a giant meteor and takes everyone out.
  • Funky Kong. This guy is SO cool and he'd make a great addition to Smash, for his attacks he'd mainly use the fruit weapons from Donkey Kong 64 and be a heavyweight zoning character. He'd carry a pineapple bazooka with him at all times and some of his smash attacks would involve simply clobbering the opponent over the head with it. He'd have a variety of different munitions at his disposal, like the orange grenades which bounce and explode, pineapples which have high knockback, coconuts which pelt the opponent for damage and grapes which are for long-range quick sniping. For his Final Smash he flies off in a biplane barrel and bombs an area of the stage with a watermelon nuke (which the player selects).
That's all I got for now. Can't really think of any third party characters I'd like to see. Perhaps Bayonetta...

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Can we also get better crowd chants? Like ones we can understand? Or at least give :4tlink:/:4link: his own. Really, Dark Pit has a unique chant, but Link doesn't.

And the idea of each character getting his own victory theme is a great idea. I'd really like to see variations of the same theme (different instruments/styles) like what's done with :4metaknight::4kirby:

To the topic of "XYZ can't get in, since they're in already," I don't like that argument. Seriously, if we don't want them as an assist trophy/stage element/whatever and a playable character, it's not hard for a patch to just remove them from the list. After all, most assists are fan favorites, put in so that they would at least get something in the game, so I feel that they are favorites. Pretty good chances there. And even there, Nintendo is acknowledging their popularity.

I don't think we should refrain from requesting a character since they've gotten a bone thrown to them. We need to prove that these characters still have fanbases.

PsychoJosh

Who cares about the Mii Fighters? They might as well have not added them at all. You can't play as any of them online.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Who cares about the Mii Fighters? They might as well have not added them at all. You can't play as any of them online.
I wish Nintendo would realize that we would pay for Character costume packs, And they should spend their time on that instead of Mii Costumes.
Granted if they do Character costume/ alts I'll be fine and probably pay for the Mii costumes anyways.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Give me Isaac from golden Sun... That all. I would be happy for my heart.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ice climbers can happen becuase of the New3ds :popo:

Lucas is confirmed :lucas:
Mewtwo is confirmed :mewtwopm:

We need
Snake :snake:
Wolf :wolf:
Roy :roymelee:
Pichu :pichumelee:
Squirtle :squirtle:
Ivysaur :ivysaur:

To have all cut characters back (except young link unless Nintendo goes beyond "another link clone")

As for my dream character (Just Cuz)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My reasonable and likely DLC wishlist
1:Snake
2:Ice Climbers
3: Wolf
4 Squirtle
5:paper Mario

My very unlikely and ridiculous DLC wishlist
1: Isaac (Binding of Isaac)

Wario, with a moveset based on Warioland instead of this "LOL FARTS" nonsense. .
Because Wario only has a down-b attack, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
My reasonable and likely DLC wishlist
1:Snake
2:Ice Climbers
3: Wolf
4 Squirtle
5:paper Mario

My very unlikely and ridiculous DLC wishlist
1: Isaac (Binding of Isaac)
Then how would Xander differentiate between both Isaac (Binding) and Isaac (Golden Sun) ? :V

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Isaac (Binding of Isaac) will have a deeper tone (Like :4villager:&:4darkpit:)

Isaac (Golden Sun) will have something like :4mario::4marth:
So then Roy-our-boy would be at a deeper tone than that koopa? I'm chill with that...

Also what did you think of my dream character?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine the taglines for some of the zanier DLC ideas

Oh, and for a free DLC, Miis usuable on online mode

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thats the best dream character Ive seen...but...

I prefer her http://static.zerochan.net/Izayoi.Sakuya.full.206412.jpg
One Minute Melee convinced you? (Dio vs Sakuya) Or is it because she interest's you that much? I understand why you'd perfer her over Remiu, but from a smash perspective, you'd want to get the main "star" of the series to represent said series.

Never played Touhou, so I wouldn't know.
It's an interesting series, though if you're not confident in you're bullet hell experience, start with Touhou 13.5: Hopeless Masquerade. It's one of a few touhou fighting games that incorporate the aspects of touhou's main play style. Fun-fact: out of all the important-named characters in all official Touhou cannon, only one of them is Male.

Oh I forgot about the tag-lines...

Roy: He's Our Boy!
Wolf: What's the matter scared?
Reimu: Can't really think of anything (Goes for the others not mentioned as well)
Sakuya: Clocks in! / Cleans up the competition!

Last edited:

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
One Minute Melee convinced you? (Dio vs Sakuya) Or is it because she interest's you that much? I understand why you'd perfer her over Remiu, but from a smash perspective, you'd want to get the main "star" of the series to represent said series.
True...I only prefer her because in my opinion, she has the best character design lol.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
True...I only prefer her because in my opinion, she has the best character design lol.
I understand... A killer maid in smash... BOY that'll make head-lines...

Back on dlc though: It'll be cool in the future if you have an 8-player match with
Mario vs. Sonic vs. Pac-man vs. Mega Man vs. Snake vs. Bomberman vs. Rayman vs. Banjo & Kazooie
(Essentially the Console wars and then some)
Now THAT'S the match of the century.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Roy: He's Our Boy!
Wolf: What's the matter scared?
Reimu: Can't really think of anything (Goes for the others not mentioned as well)
Sakuya: Clocks in! / Cleans up the competition!
(BoI) Isaac: Dives in! (A reference to the trapdoor animation, where Isaac would jump down to the next level)/ Isn't looking to make a deal!
Pichu: A shocking contender!
Ice Climbers: Surmount opposition!
Snake: Kept you waiting!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
(BoI) Isaac: Dives in! (A reference to the trapdoor animation, where Isaac would jump down to the next level)
Pichu: A shocking contender!
Ice Climbers: Surmount opposition!
Snake: Kept you waiting!
Isaac (GS): Moves the audience! (has a move called "move")
Reimu: Comes in from the East! (Touhou's japanese origins)
Squirtle: A turtley favorite!
Ivysaur: Charges up! (Solar beam, nuff said)

Also a video I found about Touhou 13.5:

Edit:
Ridley: Comes in from above!
King K. Rool: Sails in!
Goku: Lives once more! (the number of times he survives impossible **** in DBZ)

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Why can't anyone get it through their heads that Goku is not a video game character and will not ever happen?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Why can't anyone get it through their heads that Goku is not a video game character and will not ever happen?
True, goku is originally a Anime/Manga Character, but the reason why people can still vote for him is that there are tons of Dragon Ball Z games released. (You know like the Budakai series and Dragonball Xenoverse if I remember correctly.) Not to mention there were about 3 or 4 games that were released on the gameboy advance as well.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
It would be cool to see a anime character get in smash!

I would also like Free DLC assist trophy's (These can be included in updated rather than DLC)
  • Giygas
  • ReDead's
  • King Boo
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Gooper Blooper

I like to see character support grow for the ballot....

PsychoJosh

True, goku is originally a Anime/Manga Character, but the reason why people can still vote for him is that there are tons of Dragon Ball Z games released. (You know like the Budakai series and Dragonball Xenoverse if I remember correctly.) Not to mention there were about 3 or 4 games that were released on the gameboy advance as well.
That is irrelevant though. The only criteria that makes a character eligible is whether or not they ORIGINATE from a video game. Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have had lots of video games too, but that doesn't make them Smash candidates either. The amount of video games they have is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is whether or not they ORIGINATE from one.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That is irrelevant though. The only criteria that makes a character eligible is whether or not they ORIGINATE from a video game. Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have had lots of video games too, but that doesn't make them Smash candidates either. The amount of video games they have is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is whether or not they ORIGINATE from one.
Touche... Though only time will tell if Sakurai does the unthinkable...

D

Deleted member

To be fair, if Sakurai ever does add a non video game character, it's probably going to be from an anime (My moneys on either Goku or Naruto, though maybe my opinion's been biased by smash flash 2 )

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
To be fair, if Sakurai ever does add a non video game character, it's probably going to be from an anime (My moneys on either Goku or Naruto, though maybe my opinion's been biased by smash flash 2 )
the only reason i wouldn't want this...is to keep the flow intact. all smash characters originated from games....there's no reason to break that flow.

PsychoJosh

To be fair, if Sakurai ever does add a non video game character
This is a moot point because he's NEVER going to add a non-video game character. Smash is supposed to be a celebration of video games, adding characters that originated from other media diminishes that aspect.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
My normal fan-like (probably won't happen) UNrealistic vote: Professor Oak!

My true, (not-wasted) and very REAListic vote: King K. RoOl !

Edit: You have to admit though... Prof Oak would be so cool! =)

Last edited:

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
My normal fan-like (probably won't happen) UNrealistic vote: Professor Oak!

My true, (not-wasted) and very REAListic vote: King K. RoOl !

Edit: You have to admit though... Prof Oak would be so cool! =)
I would love a pokemon trainer with 7 alts. Including him. Yes.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Characters:

- Banjo & Kazooie
- Rayman
- King K.Rool

Costumes:

- Giovannis' Armor for Mewtwo (First Pokemon movie)
- Young Link for Toon Link (Due to the differences in animation & bones of the model very unlikely)
- Ocarina of Time design for Link

Stages:

- Pirate Ship (Wind Waker HD styled)
- Fountain of Dreams
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze stage
- Any stage for my character wishes

Music:

- More Tropical Freeze music! (Obviously for the corresponding stage)
- Original / remixed music for my character wishes

Stage Builder:

- Design / draw backgrounds
- More objects
- More designs

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I wish Nintendo would realize that we would pay for Character costume packs, And they should spend their time on that instead of Mii Costumes.
Granted if they do Character costume/ alts I'll be fine and probably pay for the Mii costumes anyways.
As stated already with some ideas ... Ocarina of Time Link for Link, Young Link for Toon Link, Dry bowser for Bowser .... doing packs would be a great idea ... like the Mario Bro.s Pack or The Fire Emblem Pack, etc.

The possibilities ....

MainJPW

M.T.A
  • Wario, with a moveset based on Warioland instead of this "LOL FARTS" nonsense. He'd be a big heavyweight character with lots of moves that have insane killing power. He'd have his grapples from Wario World and his shoulder/head rush attacks from Warioland, maybe some hats and transformations as well, like morphing his legs into springs for a crazy up-smash, putting on his eagle hat so he can shoulder rush in the air, and putting on his dragon hat so he can blow flames. His final smash would be a command grab that could get multiple characters, he'd rush forward with an empty money sack and stuff his opponents into it, then shake them down really violently, causing tons of coins to fly out. He then chucks his opponents off the stage with a mighty toss and hoovers up all the coins they dropped.
This would be a dream come true..

Last edited:

Galactic Knight

Smash Rookie
NNID
LightMetaKnight

I see no good reason why another knight cannot enter the fray. It's not like Kirby's series is severely under represented or anything. I just want Galacta Knight to also savagely and relentlessly thrash characters off the stage with aerials.

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
Veterans:
:roypm::wolf::popo:

Newcomers:
Sami (Advance Wars)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

Other:
More Mii costumes! :grin:

Status