• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hopes and Dreams DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vino_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Strumm3r
Wolf, Zero, and Paper Mario are three characters I hope to see in Sm4sh

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I hope they use a new character rather than bringing back a veteran, especially since many of the vets besides Snake (feel he has obvious reasons he won't return) and ice climbers (can't work on 3DS) were semi-clones at best. The characters I want to appear who I think have best chance are Paper Mario and Issac. I'd also love if Fiora, Sylux or Proto man.

As for stages DLC:
-Fountain of dreams
-Both mushroom kingdom stages from SSB
Costume DLC:
-Lucina with a mask
-Mario's original colors
-Link's actual black costume instead of shadow Link
-Masked Dedede

Other DLC:
-Bring the Fan back
-I'd settle for even a few generic "Break the Platform" games since asking for one for each fighter is unrealistic.
I like the idea of a costume DLC for characters ... maybe an extra 8 for character's slots? (Little Mac uses 16 with his "frames" look ... so it could be possible.) Wouldn't be neat to have like Luigi be Mr. L for 8 most different costumes? Or maybe Dry Bowser for another 8 costumes for bowser... (Go Project M for those ideas!)

Protoman 8 costumes over mega man?

Could be a relatively easy/profit. Heck, I'd pay for that.

Last edited:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
Some characters I forgot to mention...

Waluigi: The infamous star of the Mario spin-off games may not have a game of his own and may not be featured in any Wario games, but he has a place in Super Smash Bros. As seen in his assist trophy spawn, his big feet can stomp his foes and he is not afraid to use his tennis racket. Now some people may ask, "SirJuicius, what else could Waluigi do?" Well, remember folks, he's the true star of the Mario spinoffs. So he can use a lot. Take for instance Mario Party. You may think there's nothing of value there. But hold on... That dice block? That can be used! Waluigi could use that as his neutral special, which does damage based on the number that's determined by RNG. Think of Game & Watch's Judge move. Take things from certain minigames. Then you have moves he could use from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario Strikers, the Mario Sports Mix and Mario Sluggers. He may not have a game of his own, or even a game that he is a sidekick in, but he has an almost limitless amount of moves he could use.

Hector (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken): One of the protagonists of this Fire Emblem game, Hector would give the franchise representation in a way the series hasn't had: an axe wielder. You could say the same about lance users, but I'm not entirely familiar with who could be a lance wielder for this game. I've only played this one and Binding Blade, so I'm going off of what I know. Also, it would give the Roy supporters a character from Elibe.

Phoenix Wright: How can Phoenix Wright work would be the key question. Well, they made Wii Fit Trainer work and Wii Fit Trainer has never fought anyone in her series outside of cellulite. Phoenix Wright fights injustice as a lawyer, and I'm pretty sure there is some evidence he could use as weapons. While his inclusion is unlikely, he's always had a strong fanbase.

Sonny: Some of you are probably asking, "Who?" For those who are, let me tell you about Sonny. Sonny is a caucasian male with a sun hat, red polo shirt and khakis. He comes from Mario Golf 64 and is possibly the most enthusiastic golfer in the game. Now that you know who he is, the next question is probably, "How could he work in Super Smash Bros.?" That answer is somewhat complex, but I'll do the best I can. To be blunt, Sonny's gimmick would be based off of Shulk's Monado Arts. Every time you press B, Sonny would change clubs or drivers. Based on the club or driver, there would be a different damage output, knockback distance and endlag. To attack in the air, he'd have something similar to Villager's air attacks. Rather than using a slingshot, Sonny would chuck a golf ball. Obviously this would never happen, but it would be the one WTF character that would work so well in a game like Smash.

Bomberman: Bomberman is a great character in general who would fit well in Smash. Obviously the main attack would be using bombs. Bomberman Hero expands his moveset beyond using bombs. The only thing I would have a qualm with is the redundancy of his attacks. Bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs. Bomberman doesn't really kick anything unless it's a bomb. I have never seen him punch someone or a bomb, but then again I don't know who would punch a bomb. But would he work? Yeah. The problem is just that he might get boring to play as after a while.

Pigma Dengar: As I mentioned, Wolf should be back, and I expect him to be back. Clearly, if Lucas is back, which I did not think would happen, that means Wolf will likely be back as well. Now regarding Pigma... some people would rather see Krystal, but Fox is already a lightweight character. Star Fox does not have a super heavy character (some people might say Falco is a heavyweight, but realistically he's not), but look at the other series. Mario has a super heavy character. So does Donkey Kong. So does Zelda. So does Pokemon. So does Fire Emblem. So does Kirby. Star Fox though? No. They need that. Pigma would fill that role nicely. I imagine he'd have a weapon completely different from Wolf, Fox and Falco. Something more like a space machine gun. His jump would be absolutely pathetic, along with his recovery, but his immense power and durability would compensate the lack of recovery. As for his relevance vs Krystal's... there's no question Krystal is relevant in the Star Fox series, but I am one who believes Pigma is more relevant than her. Why? Because he's been an antagonist throughout most of the series, although he's never been the main villain. Despite that, Pigma plays an important role in the series, defecting from Peppy Hare after James McCloud's death.

Tails: As much as I don't like to admit it, Tails would get in before Dr. Eggman. It's not that I have anything against Tails, but I am one who believes you should have the hero and the villain. But Tails would work splendidly in this game. His recovery is pretty obvious. He can do the same things as Sonic does, for the most part. The only thing to be wary of though is if he's a clone of Sonic.

Bill: One of the Contra protagonists, Bill could fill in for Snake. One thing Bill has that Snake doesn't have is a gun that can function in multiple ways. Spread, Rapid Fire, Flamethrower... he's got multiple ways of attacking and it can be spread throughout his moveset.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I don't really want new characters and stages as much as I want better versions of old characters

Namely, Power Suit Samus, the Pokemon, the Mario Bros, & Ike.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
I would really love the Paula Alt. for :4ness:. She is capable of using PK Fire & PK Thunder. But she cant use PK Flash. The alt can actually work better for Lucas since she is capable of using PK Freeze. But Paula does not use snakes...

Since the Lucas reveal included the Song Unfounded Revenge, I really hope it is added in game, with a new stage.

Honestly, i don't care about any other vets to return to smash 4... (Except Snake and maybe Roy) but i'd love to see new Fighters. The first 2 DLC characters we are getting are both smash Vets, Lucas in Brawl and MewTwo in Melee. Not many DLC fighters will be made, so I think we should give new fighters a chance... fighters like Karate Joe....

Also, the more i think about it, the more i want her in Smash. That girl is Shantae. I believe she's owned Capcom, so her chances may be low... very low, But a man can dream cant he.

I cant see Daisy as her own character anymore...I can see her own final smash, but cant see what moves she'll have different from :4peach:. If Daisy becomes an Alt.

Last but not least

ALLOW THE BETTER PAC TO ATTACK!
:4pacman:: Ms.Pac-Man Alt.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
for old characters? Wolf + a singular ice climber would be great just for rounding off the roster a little

as for new fighters? King K. Rool krocs the vote!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Kind of hilarious to say but it's Ridley. We know he's the one getting more votes in this Ballot. Nintendo knows it. Will be interesting and hilarious to see how it ends.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
All I hope for in Smash 4 to return is Wolf.

I really enjoyed Wolf in Brawl and in my opinion, he was the most fun and enjoyable one out of the StarFox crew. If he does return, I wonder what changes they'll do to him...

As for a newcomer... I had to vote for Melia Antiqua from Xenoblade Chronicles. :V
I can see her playing a little bit like Shulk but more of a zoner, give her a Summon Elemental for three of her Specials and Starlight Kick for her other one, I'll be happy.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
I'd love more stages in general. I'm still disappointed in the Wii U's selection. Heck, I never thought I'd say it, but I want more scrolling stages, the only one we have is Pac Land and well... It's not the prettiest to look at.

Out of past stages, I'd like to see Rainbow Cruise, Big Blue, Fountain of Dreams and Saffron City.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
More diverse alt costumes!!

Mrs. Pacman and Paula for Ness sound excellent. Maybe a black/hispanic Villager. The cast desperately needs more MELANIN.
The amount of want I have for Mrs. Pacman, Roll, and Amy (3rd party female pack!) Is so much. I would also love Paula! And Kumatora.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
alts are what I want too.

Ms Pacman
Young Link
SS Link
Demise
Impa (for Sheik)
Light Suit or Power Suit Samus
Dry Bowser
Shulk wearing late game armor with an upgraded monado

etc

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is there anyone else who thinks here should have been a ballot for Stages and Alternate costumes...
Nintendo is likely going to pull input from the poll and add some alternate costumes from the suggestions.

HallowKaz

Smash Cadet
NNID
HallowKaz
3DS FC
2938-8929-4909
The thing is, my hopes & dreams will never come true...

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Nintendo is likely going to pull input from the poll and add some alternate costumes from the suggestions.
I would like that since it would be an "easy" way to add characters in. I can give props for Sakurai and his crew trying to make all these characters, try to make them "balanced" and fun to play. That is a big thing I like about Project's M alt costumes. Smash 4 is an "upgrade" to this since it can be different characters (That can share those moves) and can have different voices/sounds. Really would be a great way to do this. That way the team doesn't have to balance out additional characters that would take MONTHS.

I would really love the Paula Alt. for :4ness:. She is capable of using PK Fire & PK Thunder. But she cant use PK Flash. The alt can actually work better for Lucas since she is capable of using PK Freeze. But Paula does not use snakes...
For this quote, they can implement her possibly even though she may not use the PK Flash normally. Look at Robin for example with Nosferatu .... Just fudge it in, why not? ;)

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad, Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad, Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad, Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad, Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad, Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad,Roy, Banjo, King K. Rool, Toad!

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Lots of good ideas, but I feel like I'm the only one who wants Ryu with alternate costume Ken.

;-;

I mean, he's the other face of Capcom, and Street Fighter V is going to be a thing soon.

DMX

Smash Rookie
Obviously Knuckles, and any Mega Man X Boss (Launch Octopus, Boomer Kuwanger, Chill Penguin haha)

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I would personally love to see:
Wreck-it-Ralph (Didn't see that one coming did ya?)
Daroach (Boss from Kirby Squeak Squad)
Black Shadow (Moar F-Zero rep please!)
Pretty much any of my favorite pokémon (flygon, lapras, goodra, steelix, milotic, mawile, darmanitan, serperior, scolipede, etc.)
Red (from Pokémon, with a full team of six pokémon. I can dream)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB RIDLEY SAMURAI ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Modifications
:4bowser: Voiced by Kenny James
:4dk: Voiced by either Takashi Nagasako or Grant Kirkhope
:4marth:Voiced by Spike Spencer just like in the OVA
:4fox:&:4falco: have their Brawl voices back
:4sonic: Roger Craig Smith saying "You're too slow!"
Re-introductions
:popo::wolf:

Newcomers
King K. Rool
Zant
Marshal/Max
Inkling
Trace
Waluigi
Masked Man
Prince Fluff
Wonder Red
Banjo Kazooie (http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-banjo-dlc-no-issues/)
Rayman
Bayonetta
Amaterasu
Estellise

Assist Trophies
Giygas

Music
Arrangements done by Grant Kirkhope

Misc.
Adventure Mode
More Palette Swaps

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
Here would be the Mii Fighter Headgear:
Dawn's Hat
Serena's Hat
Characters:
Blaziken
Luxray
Machamp
Stages:
Spear Pillar
Music:
Battle! Wild Pokemon (D/P) (Brawl)
Blaziken would have been a better choice as a pokemon newcomer than :4greninja:(My opinion)

Another character im surprised no one mentioned is Krystal from Star Fox. She uses a staff like :4palutena: but would move much faster. I would love to see her as a character in Smash 4.

Currently my newcomer votes are :
  • Karate Joe
  • Shantae
  • Inkling
  • Bayonetta

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Plain and simple

Ridley

But do to harazrd status, and even if we proove sakurai wrong on the interview in the votes he will stays unplayable in smash 4.

And the only metroid reps possible is 1 to all 6 of the hunters from metroid hunters, and anothey higgs from metroid other m.

Probably don't need dream about wolf due to almost a lovk now due to more dlc characters confirmed.

King k rool neither because thats the most likely character to get the most votes in the ballot.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Guys, I'm sort of confused. How does a character being an assist trophy exclude them? I mean, would the game implode if a character played more than one role? Sure it would be a tad awkward but let's say very one wanted Ghirahim. Sakurai makes him a character. Now sometimes ghirahim will summon another ghirahim using an assist trophy. I fail to see the catastrophic nature of such an event that would dissuade us from thinking he could ever work.

This applies to all other assist trophies as well.

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
Guys, I'm sort of confused. How does a character being an assist trophy exclude them? I mean, would the game implode if a character played more than one role? Sure it would be a tad awkward but let's say very one wanted Ghirahim. Sakurai makes him a character. Now sometimes ghirahim will summon another ghirahim using an assist trophy. I fail to see the catastrophic nature of such an event that would dissuade us from thinking he could ever work.

This applies to all other assist trophies as well.
Well, Little Mac was once an Assist Trophy. Since he is playable, his assist trophy was removed.

Also, a character that was once an assist trophy calling themselves in with an assist trophy may cause confusion.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
My New Commer Votes are :

Krystal (Star Fox)
Dixie Kong - Team DK needs more Chars
King K Rool - Team DK needs a VILLAIN
Wonderful Red - WHY wasnt he in to being with ?!
Impa (Hyrule Warriors) - Dope new Edition for Team Zelda
Issac - People BEEN Asked for him Wayy before Smash 4 even came out lol.

As for Veterans
Wolf & Ice Climber

If any of These chars end up being the Next DLC im fine with
ive seen Vote up a LOT of Dumb stupid **** Some Trolling & Some Clones...
Maybe We Might Get some more news on More Char DLC at Dis years E3
Im guessin we prob get 2 or 3 more chars after Lucas but at dis point who knows??

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Modifications
:4bowser: Voiced by Kenny James
:4dk: Voiced by either Takashi Nagasako or Grant Kirkhope
:4marth:Voiced by Spike Spencer just like in the OVA
:4fox:&:4falco: have their Brawl voices back
:4sonic: Roger Craig Smith saying "You're too slow!"
Re-introductions
:popo::wolf:

Newcomers
King K. Rool
Zant
Marshal/Max
Inkling
Trace
Waluigi
Masked Man
Prince Fluff
Wonder Red
Banjo Kazooie (http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-banjo-dlc-no-issues/)
Rayman
Bayonetta
Amaterasu
Estellise

Assist Trophies
Giygas

Music
Arrangements done by Grant Kirkhope

Misc.
Adventure Mode
More Palette Swaps

TOTALLLY Agreee wid dis .