• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your counterpicks?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
On Brinstar? Mario easily has the edge on Lucas on that stage provided you don't play like an idiot and run into random D-smashes or whatever predictable destructible terrain shenanigans he thinks he can pull off. Just camp him whenever he thinks he can be cheeky and whenever he isn't, the match easily goes in your favor just because your air game simply outmatches his in terms of flexibility and benefits more from the confined quarters.

And I don't know how Mario does vs Jiggs on Brinstar, but seeing that I don't really have trouble vs Wario on this stage, I can't imagine that it's a particularly worrisome matchup.

As for Halberd, the low ceiling definitely helps you more than it helps Lucas or Jiggs.

UberMario

Smash Master
I mostly prefer to take my oppoents to FD, Norfair, Brinstar (though not often), PS2, and SV, though I might be taking them more often to GG, PT, and YI now that they have achieved CP status (or at hopefully most tourneys will keep them CP). If I can, I try to avoid BF because my playstyle seems to do better in open spaces and is really hurt by the low platforms. Halberd is another good CP for me.

NNID
LilG912
On Brinstar? Mario easily has the edge on Lucas on that stage provided you don't play like an idiot and run into random D-smashes or whatever predictable destructible terrain shenanigans he thinks he can pull off. Just camp him whenever he thinks he can be cheeky and whenever he isn't, the match easily goes in your favor just because your air game simply outmatches his in terms of flexibility and benefits more from the confined quarters.

And I don't know how Mario does vs Jiggs on Brinstar, but seeing that I don't really have trouble vs Wario on this stage, I can't imagine that it's a particularly worrisome matchup.

As for Halberd, the low ceiling definitely helps you more than it helps Lucas or Jiggs.
Taking Wario to Brinstar is very risky cuz he have better killing power and can easily kill Mario cuz of the small blast zones. His Uair is rly good on that stage. I would feel more comfortable taking Jiggs there cuz of Jiggly dies by a lot of Mario's moves, his smashes (mostly Up Smash) and bair

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Taking Wario to Brinstar is very risky cuz he have better killing power and can easily kill Mario cuz of the small blast zones. His Uair is rly good on that stage. I would feel more comfortable taking Jiggs there cuz of Jiggly dies by a lot of Mario's moves, his smashes (mostly Up Smash) and bair
Jiggs has Melee like shenanigans which can be achieved, which I noted when the Jiggs boards had a review of Mario.

Now I understand to each their own, but if you have something to counter that, by all means explain. Feel free to ask more as needed.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
<3 battlefield

Frigate is good as well against characters with bad recovery skills, like wolf for starters.

SKidd

Smash Master
Wolf can mix it up with his b left or b up, but it still sucks

zerosuitsamus

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kind of a bump, but be careful bringing Wolf to Frigate. He can screw you almost as hard on the recovery thing as you can screw him (Dthrow on the right side of that 1st transformation = dead Mario).

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I like playing in Pokemon Stadium (Melee) IMO it feels like the stages that constantly change in that area give Mario a variety of places to go to and platforms to be on. He can have many different options and play styles at that map.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
idk why but i dislike ps1.i will only play D3,luigi,toonlink and link on it. i prefer fd, smashvill,luigi mansion, delphino plaza battlefield, yoshi island, castle seige, and pitlochat and norfair

Top Bottom