• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Brawl Fear

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
My fear is that Brawl won't make Sega realize it's time to stop beating a dead horse (Sonic) so hard that the movement makes it look almost like moving, and take a bit of the horse's DNA and clone it. O_O

Basically, I'm hoping Sonic's being in Brawl will resurrect Sonic, at least for a while. One last golden age, just for a year or two...*sigh*

CommanderC00L

Smash Cadet
Online play being too laggy should be everyones biggest fear =/

Because online play is probably the best thing Brawl has over Melee and if it isn't that great then everyone will be let down...

All we can do is hope, and hope is for the weak -_-;

Puffs

Smash Ace
Online play being too laggy should be everyones biggest fear =/

Because online play is probably the best thing Brawl has over Melee and if it isn't that great then everyone will be let down...

All we can do is hope, and hope is for the weak -_-;
It won't be that great no matter what they do. It's online play.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I'm worried about for brawl is if there will be some advanced techniques in it that are really useful.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I want as many people to enjoy and play this game as possible. However, I don't want the mechanics to be so "balanced" that someone new to the game can beat a veteran pro.

There is such a thing is something being too balanced. Without strenghts and weaknesses and advantages and disadvantages (of course, not having things being too far on either end of the spectrum, techniques, tricks and tactics are useless, thus, everything is determined by luck.

I have a bad feeling that they've toned down the game a bit, in order to cater to a larger audience. That seems to be the mantra for the vast majority of Wii games. Lets just hope Smash hasn't been watered down to much for us.

Overall though, I am confident, that we will be pleased and Brawl will be one kick *** game.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
It seems to me that no matter how balancd the characters are there will still be Pros because some peole are bound to be better at it than others

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I have a question how do you get online play to work, is it possable with dial up

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I might get dsl soon if I can, if i do how will I set it up so it will work with the wii.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Overplayed characters in online multiplayer:

-3rd Party being used way more then Nintendo Chars
-Top Tier characters being used

I've been playing both Smash games since they came out and my friends all flock to the best character and stick with them, not the one they like the most. I play as every character in both games. I play until I win a match with said character and switch to another. The way I figure it is why have a roster of 25 characters if only 4 are going to be played. I fear it will be the same with Brawl and that the 3rd party characters will be over played due to their popularity.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I'm afraid Isaac doesn't get in, and we end up with like...Tingle or Waluigi instead.

Also, I'm afraid only starters will be in SSE, like Adventure Mode in Melee, which would make it SIGNIFICANTLY shorter than it needs to be.
wario makes an apperence in the story mode and I don't think he is a starter character.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I jut woke up from a crazy dream (its okay this is Brawl related) It really showed what my worst Brawl fear is. first of all Im waiing for Brawl to come out. Im all excited and (for some odd reason) there is a big celebration going on. The day finally comes...and everyone is gone. No one is there, just me. In the end, in a very Isaac Asimov-ish situation, the whole thing is explained that earlier in life, video games had given me a mental illness. If I was to survive I would need constant doses of sugar and video game experiences (wierd huh?) but for some reaason that supply just stopped. Anyways I didn't quite understand that part, but basically I was living in a fake reality, and Brawl was never gong to come out. It didn't even exist. Im assuming I also died at the end.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
1. animal crossing character in game
2. pichu still in game( come on he is pretty much the same as pikachu.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
I fear that charachters like Olimar, animal crosser, or stuff like that dont get in, I like that kind of charathers, haha, I woudl even like Tingle

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
My fear is exactly the opposite of yours solrac, i mean in long term, i'd more exicting charcters but i think those charcters would not be as fuffiling as expected.

Valesk

Smash Rookie
**** crossers, pichu, olimar & pikmin, we want hard kicking butt and serious characters

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
My biggest Brawl fear is that it will get released without Sakurai saying "we were only joking about Snake and Sonic, they aren't really in it."

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
In regards to characters, I want Isaac (GS), Olimar (Pikmin), Ray 01 (Custom Robo), and Young (cel) Link.

katanagash

Smash Apprentice
My worst fear of Brawl is the exclusion of Captain Falcon, Falco, Marth, and Ganondorf. They had better be included; especially with the release date pushed.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
My biggest fear probably deals with online. It looks to basic right now, in terms of the actual fighting sense.

I really hope there are different "rooms" you can go to or whatever. You can have a "pro" room, where all the people who hate items and the core of the game can play.

Then have a "veteran" group where people who feel confident in their abilities but like items and playing on more than final destination can play.

And of course a "casual" group for the people who aren't so good but still enjoy it.

Of course the chances of this happening are slim to none, but I can dream.

I have a feeling I'll only be playing wifi with my buddies b/c the fear of "pros" riddling the wifi. I don't care to become an elitist in the game, just want to have fun. I hope Nintendo realize that there are a lot of us who can't enslave our lives to the game to handle the experts at the game.

M.K

Level 55
I don't agree that any other worrying is blastphamy, but we are humans, and all we do is worry, poop, and **** constantly.

My biggest Brawl fear...hmm...well, it is sort of selfish...

For all the time they've had to create, vamp, polish, and perfect this game, there better be an assload of characters, stages, and items to choose from!

Top Bottom