• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your 6 characters to beat Tabuu?

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Falco
Mario
Yoshi
Diddy
Link
Ike

Lately I've been replacing either Link or Ike with Peach, because against Tabuu or any boss for that matter, her side b is the business ^^

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
Zelda/Shiek
Pokemon Trainer
Meta Knight
Sonic
Fox
Pikachu

Although I rarely get farther than Fox. Sonic does most damage.

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
Mario, Luigi, Pika, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Fox.

not in that order exactly though.

Hikatori

Smash Rookie
C. Falcon, Luigi, Fox, Link, Ness, and Pikachu.

I usually start with Falcon and hope I don't get hit by his OHKO move.

AndorranPrince

Smash Rookie
I can do it with any 6 if given, but when I feel like getting the trophy I use these:
Sonic (to reach Tabuu without injury)
Yoshi (my main)
Fox (my bosskiller)
King Deedeedee (for teh lulz)
Ice Climbers (last a long time)
Pkm Trainer (swap out comes in handy)

Arcanum Geist

Smash Rookie
My choices are a mixture of playability and asthetics, so, in the order from first to last:

1. Sonic - To reach Tabuu and can reduce his health in half with Sonic
2. Mario - Decent to use, Cape is really useful. Also used for the "Mario and Sonic" Thing
3. Fox - Good attack, excellent running speed, Reflector useful in keeping Fox midair. Usually the one who takes down Tabuu
4. Falco (My Main.) - The other who usually finishes Tabuu
5. Snake - Very good projectiles, deals great damage with his attacks.
6. Captain Falcon - As a Falcon fan, I keep him for last and tends to finish Tabuu off with a Falcon Punch or a Knee.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
sonic
R.O.B
Snake
Meta Knight
Peach
and fox
sonic becuase he has good airials
R.O.B becuase he has a great recovery
snake becuase he's my main
Meta Knight becuase he also has good airials
peach becuase her forward B does a lot of damage
and fox becuase i don't trust any of the other charecters to be back-up

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Pretty sure most people are able to do it with any single character. Once you know when to dodge it's all the same. Some just have better dps.

K ~ 9

Smash Rookie
Falco
Lucas
Toon Link
Kirby
Fox
Meta Knight

I like to pick more agile or small characters rather than the slow/big ones for some reason.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Falcon, Samus, Sonic, Marth, Ike, and Pit.

I would've gone MK, but everyone knows tiers don exists in Subspace.

cena2020

Smash Rookie
Ok you can pick 6 characters to try to beat him. Use Yoshi first. Since you can use his eggs which is really useful when facing Tabuu. Also use yoshi's down A when he is in the air. Which is when he kicks multiple of times. This can damage Tabuu quickly . I would not recommend Ike because he is too slow to keep up with Tabuu.

Use Samus next. The reason why is because he is one of the character which has the most projectile weapons which are strong. This can definitely rack up some big damage. Make sure you stay from a distance though because samus is slow as well.

Next use Fox. His side kicks are the real deal. Since its multiple of kicks, it'll damage Tabuu really effectively. Not only that but Fox is really fast and has the agility to dodge most of Tabuu's attacks.

The fourth character i would recommend is Captain Falcon. His knee hit is the main thing that does the damage to Tabuu. Its quick to use and does not leave you open. And with that knee attack you can use combos on Tabuu which will rack up damage. NEVER attemp to use the facon punch on Tabuu. Even on easy mode Tabuu will still attack you when you are left open. So make sure you don't do that.

For the 5th character, use Marth. He's fast and at the same time strong with his smash attacks. Try using his dancing swords with the smash attacks. Press the analog stick in the direction you want to use the dancing sword and press B at the same time with each strike. This is really effective on Tabuu.

fast vpn
surveillance equipment

Life

Smash Hero
I recommend Fox, Yoshi, PT, Shiek/Zelda, GnW, and MK.

Fox can reflector-stall in the lower corners to dodge Off Waves (RROD), moves incredibly quickly which helps dodge attacks, can use Laser to attack from afar which helps protect against that electrical attack, the rain of bullets thing, and others.

Yoshi has eggs and dair, along with the super armor in his second jump.

PT's Charizard has Rock Smash, Ivysaur has Bullet Seed, and Squirtle has nice aerials, which deal damage effectively, and apparently a well-timed down-B can dodge Off Waves.

Zelda/Shiek: See PT. They're weaker.

Game and Watch's nair and bair should do decent damage, he's relatively agile in the air and the uB is pretty nice I guess.

MK is MK. He can stall in the lower corners much like Fox, but trades the projectile for things like Tornado and insane recovery (though Tabuu mostly gets his kills from one-shot Off Waves/bracket throw/telexplode/etc.). Also, a guy did Boss Battles on Insane spamming MK's Nair and took no damage. Apparently.

Sonic, FE characters, Pit, and Toon Link are also all very effective and should probably replace GnW or Z/S on the list, but whatever.

blahds

Smash Rookie
the first time i did it i had sonic, lucario, rob, mk, pit, and then samus or kirby.

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link,
G&W,
Mario,
Kirby,
Ice Climbers,
Link.

There is no theory to my madness. Now that I think about it, though... Light and ranged/projectiled seem to be good against Tabuu.

Rsd

Smash Rookie
I can't remember half of them (the other half being Kirby, MK, and Pit), but I chose my 6 best characters at the time and ordered them from 6th best to 1st best. Kirby was my 1st best, MK was my second best, and Pit was my third best.

EDIT: And last time I beat the SSE was a loooooong time ago. When I do it again, I'll choose Kirby, Lucas, TL, and probably Sonic (the last two wouldn't matter, since I actually beat Tabuu on my fourth character the first time).

Marisa~Kirisame

Smash Rookie
Here you are. And no, you're not getting any money.

Sonic,
Meta Knight,
Fox,
Marth,
Toon Link
And best for last;
Zelda/Sheik

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Metaknight
Marth
Falco
Lucario
Ganondorf (+40 darkness +20 leg +10 arm +27 Lauch resistance=holy ****!1!!1one!)
Random (Probably Zelda)

darkfox15

Smash Cadet
1.- Marth: fast
2.- Ganondorf : powerful
3.- Samus: Useful projectiles
4.- Ike: Heavy ****ed Sword
5.-Snake: button "A" on the air

Top Bottom