• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link vs Falco

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i hate people who say young link is pointless to play because he will never make it on competitive levels.

very off topic but lol! i played a falco player and this is wat he said.

takieddine

Smash Master
Thank you for picking that up PockyD. I am not afraid to fight Young Link with Falco. I just dislike the match-up. I do think Falco has the upperhand in the match-up. But I don't think that he has it like so much better than Young Link. I play SmashMac's young link all the time who is the best Young Link in Florida.

And D20 has a nice Young Link. Its just that I don't find the match up too fun while playing as Falco when there are so many projectiles it just annoys me. So I just pick Fox and Shinespike/upthrow to Uair. Because he is definitely easier to use vs Young Link.

Now I'm going to resume reading these pages.

Edit: Ok for the people that don't me I will let you know where I stand so far in the Smash Community.

I just rescently went to Pound 2 and got 7th place out of 200 people. I'd rather not go into detail of who I beat because it would make me sound egotistical. When vids come out I'll show you them of me vs Drephen and me vs Tink.

Heres a link to show that young link could be good only if you use him right.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eB7EhzbmbN4
What shiz said is exactly what we were trying to make a point of.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wow this thread still up? Hah! I can tell you now YL does PWN To an extent (HEY! I love Falco!!!) ANd MAD Respect to the people that play him good because it takes three brains operating at once to keep a steady flow of projectil spam mixed with melee attacks!
I Had a near Migrane after trying to play w/ him decently.
I figure If his moves went farther though Falco would have a lil more trouble!

Aesir

Smash Master
Whatever... I am not going to argue this anymore since no one believes I have any idea what I am talking about. I thought my experience against Falco would be beneficial to the community, but it turns out I am old news.
I believe you because I play falcos that don't suck. :D

Falco shuts down y.link, you just have to learn the match up, like most match ups.

Just because a good player looses to a character they suck at doesn't mean its even or y.link does well. Y.link is light falco loves that, easier to kill and edge guard. <_<

furthermore why the **** am I in the y.link boards? <_<

Renth

Smash Hero
no johns i'm a ganon main the first time i ever played an amazing yoshi player (Moo) The videos on youtube check it out i almost got destroyed because i didn't know the match up

Top Bottom