• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link vs Falco

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Can someone find me a bunch of videos of these two fighting?
I've seen a few, and I think they are real fun to watch.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wait for the VSN to finish. View my signature for more details. It will solve all your video-searching problems. ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
He's not his biggest counter, or even a counter for that matter. He's a bad matchup on some stages. Other stages go even with Falco or sometimes in Young Link's favor.
I cannot tell you how wrong those statements are. They are wrong on so many levels.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
I have several videos fighting against a Falco; you can find them in my video thread or "t3h" video thread.

Anyways, I have the same opinion as Lai: Falco's the biggest counter of YL.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
falco is definitely a very hard matchup for ylink. even on my fav stage, FoD, i laserd and shine combo'd. O_O i rarely get spiked tho, teching isvery useful.
i went to a tournament yesterday and i almost came close to beating this one falco, KitsuneSoul. but because of him i didnt even make it out of pools LOL dangit. i suck

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'de go for shiek or falcon being the biggest counter but thats just my opinion.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
I agree with PDOT, I hate fast characters that run through my projectile spam =/
Plus many Pillar attempts can be halted by a simple Up Air against Falco :)
But pick a stage not so advantaged to Falco and I don't really see how he's YL's top counter... =/

Laijin

Smash Hero
I agree with PDOT, I hate fast characters that run through my spam =/
Plus many Pillar attempts can be halted by a simple Up Air against Falco :)
But pick a stage not so advantaged to Falco and I don't really see how he's YL's top counter... =/
Stage does'nt really matter. The stages that you would think would give you the advantage(Dreamland, FoD, etc) does'nt really matter. Falco will just pillar you and keep up with you the entire match and theres nothing really you can do about it. The only forgiving thing about the match up is his easy edge guard. :o

Giggidax

Smash Ace
The only forgiving thing about the match up is his easy edge guard. :o
lol u got that right :laugh: falcos recovery is garbage specially against an edgeguarding ylink

but yea, i would have to say captain falcon is jus too fast for ylink. he glides passed projectile and his shffling capabilities + tech chasing are very dangerous. oh yea and u gotta hate that knee > uair edgeguard
IMO captain falcon is ylinks biggest counter

Chip.

you know what to do
I cannot tell you how wrong those statements are. They are wrong on so many levels.

They're not wrong they are just simply opinions XD

Stage does'nt really matter. The stages that you would think would give you the advantage(Dreamland, FoD, etc) does'nt really matter. Falco will just pillar you and keep up with you the entire match and theres nothing really you can do about it. The only forgiving thing about the match up is his easy edge guard. :o
Pillar combos are easily DI'd out of the first hit (depending on which hit came first, dair or shine, I'm infering to the shine xD). You can smash DI out've Falco's shine so the piller is no more.

Also, I'd have to say FoD is an excellent counterpick stage against Falco (this is the even/in YL favor level ;)). The elevating platforms help to disrupt his SHL every so often which will allow you to not have so much pressure applied on you during the battle. The stages KO walls are small too, which makes your D-smash very effective in terms of killing him.

Falco applies pressure well, but Fox applies his far better IMO. When vs Falco, you must constantly engage switching back and forth between evasive spamming and swordplay. Falco has a slight advantage, his SHL provides an annoyence for Young Link so he can't spam as well. He doesn't have anything that makes him a horribly, horribly bad match up really IMHO.

but yea, i would have to say captain falcon is jus too fast for ylink. he glides passed projectile and his shffling capabilities + tech chasing are very dangerous. oh yea and u gotta hate that knee > uair edgeguard
IMO captain falcon is ylinks biggest counter
At first, I thought Falcon was a counter to Young Link too (hence my thread I made designed to destroy him, heh :mad:). But now I've changed my view on that a while ago :chuckle:. With a certain amount of spamming, well spaced arials, and proper exploitation of his recovery then the battle tends to go very smoothely for Young Link. This is a close match-up, ain't sure who has the advantage, perhaps Falcon but it is a very small one.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
They're not wrong they are just simply opinions XD
At lower levels of play, Young Link has a fighting chance against Falco. I beat Falco players all the time, but it is because my opponents generally do not know how to fight a Young Link.
Pillar combos are easily DI'd out of the first hit (depending on which hit came first, dair or shine, I'm infering to the shine xD). You can smash DI out've Falco's shine so the piller is no more.
Pillar combos are easily DI'd out of? You must play unrefined Falco players. >_<
Also, I'd have to say FoD is an excellent counterpick stage against Falco (this is the even/in YL favor level ;)). The elevating platforms help to disrupt his SHL every so often which will allow you to not have so much pressure applied on you during the battle. The stages KO walls are small too, which makes your D-smash very effective in terms of killing him.
I agree that FoD grants Young Link a slight edge over other stages, but it also restricts to where you can run to if Falco starts his devastating combos. The advantage comes from the fact that Young Link can hit and edge-guard Falco easily on this level, and Falco has far less room to sit back and laser spam.
Falco applies pressure well, but Fox applies his far better IMO. When vs Falco, you must constantly engage switching back and forth between evasive spamming and swordplay. Falco has a slight advantage, his SHL provides an annoyence for Young Link so he can't spam as well. He doesn't have anything that makes him a horribly, horribly bad match up really IMHO.
Again, you need to play better Falco opponents, not just "the best Falco in Eastern Washington".
At first, I thought Falcon was a counter to Young Link too (hence my thread I made designed to destroy him, heh :mad:). But now I've changed my view on that a while ago :chuckle:. With a certain amount of spamming, well spaced arials, and proper exploitation of his recovery then the battle tends to go very smoothely for Young Link. This is a close match-up, ain't sure who has the advantage, perhaps Falcon but it is a very small one.
I would much rather fight against Captain Falcon than Falco. Captain does not necessarily counter Young Link, but one down-air into a knee = the end of Young Link. It is not an easy match. :(

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
I would say stage does matter. IMHO, FD is the worst, in a YL vs Falco match. Platforms are sooo nice for YL...

Also, I wouldn't say YL has the advantage over Falco in any match. I mean any. A good YL against a good Falco, is a veeery tough match. And there are too many Falcos out there too ^^U

BTW, I see few players out there who main YL, isn't it?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man. Buzz is right. You guys must NOT play any good Falcos. Does'nt matter how awesome your Young Link may be, a good Falco is just too hard to beat. Now, a Techy Falco and a Good Falco are two different things. So what if they know how to SHL and Waveshine and all that. Does'nt make them good. A good Falco knows all that plus how to actually play as his own character(Being Falco of course).

Honestly. I would rather fight a Falcon than a Falco. Its certainly a hard match up, but at least I can take control of the match a lot easier than I can with Falco(Even though its really really hard >__>)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Man. Buzz is right. You guys must NOT play any good Falcos. Doesn't matter how awesome your Young Link may be, a good Falco is just too hard to beat. Now, a Techy Falco and a Good Falco are two different things. So what if they know how to SHL and Waveshine and all that. Does'nt make them good. A good Falco knows all that plus how to actually play as his own character(Being Falco of course).

Honestly. I would rather fight a Falcon than a Falco. Its certainly a hard match up, but at least I can take control of the match a lot easier than I can with Falco(Even though its really really hard >__>)
QFT. Listen to your Elder Laijin, children. ^_^

Giggidax

Smash Ace
-___-

i agree falco is a very hard matchup for ylink
but the falcons are quite a pester too. if u get get dair'd once then u will be tech chased. thats my problem with falcon

falco is a different story with his shine combos. hes so much better at maneuvering, i think the ability to turn around in the air with the shine makes falco alot more flexible than falcon.
anyway, to hell with the falco vs ylink matchup, it gives me mindgrains.

Jiraiya_Inc

Smash Apprentice
i main y.link and i play a falco quite a bit i lose most matches, but from the falco player they say that its very difficult to predict what the y.link is going to do so even if it is very difficult for us y.link player we can applies the same pressure back so it all depends on how skillfull the y.link is...
MIND GAMES FTW!!!!

D20

Smash Lord
I didn't read any of these posts, but I honestly love the Falco match up... and yes, I play good Falcos.

I had some vids up awhile ago, but I took them down... maybe some of you got to see them. Anyhow, YL can out spam the best of Falcos. I've out spammed Mathos' Falco on FD and made him entirely change his game. Falco players typically don't realize that all they have to do is get right up in YL's face to win (which is what Mathos eventually did after going down a stock and a half). Anyhow, Fox is YL's biggest counter. It is practically unwinnable. I'd love to see the YL player that can beat someone like Cunning or Tink. Oh, right... I forgot. It's impossible.

That's the main reason I've dropped YL for Marth. YL is low-tier for a reason. He can hang with anyone his speed (Peach, Falco, Samus), but gets destroyed by the faster, grab oriented characters (Marth, Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon). Bottom line, YL can beat Falco players... not Fox players.

Jiraiya_Inc

Smash Apprentice
i can win a fox some i win some i lose i mainly lose but it really does depend on the fox player himself end of the day nothing is impossible unless you put your head into it I'm always learning new tricks and tips so who knows but that's my opinion ..

D20

Smash Lord
I'm discussing the match up on the highest level. Sure, I can go to a local tourney and 2-stock some random Fox player, but I'm talking about winning against players like Chillin, KDJ, and Ken. A YL will never, ever, beat those players' Foxes.

When I played DaShizWiz at Pound, he refused to go Falco against my YL. I think that says it all right there. He told me he plays his brother's YL all the time and thinks that match is too dangerous. He ended up playing Fox against me.

Laijin and Buzz, I have to disagree with you guys this time.

A side note... I take Falco players to FD in sets (as my counter pick) and win.

Renth

Smash Hero
falco is definitely a very hard matchup for ylink.
Wrong

Wrong

At lower levels of play, Young Link has a fighting chance against Falco. I beat Falco players all the time, but it is because my opponents generally do not know how to fight a Young Link.

Pillar combos are easily DI'd out of? You must play unrefined Falco players. >_<
More Wrong than Wrong can be

Man. Buzz is right. You guys must NOT play any good Falcos. Does'nt matter how awesome your Young Link may be, a good Falco is just too hard to beat. Now, a Techy Falco and a Good Falco are two different things. So what if they know how to SHL and Waveshine and all that. Does'nt make them good. A good Falco knows all that plus how to actually play as his own character(Being Falco of course).

If DaShizWiz, Myself and others are afraid to play his young link with Falco doesn't that count for something?

A side note... I take Falco players to FD in sets (as my counter pick) and win.
I've Seen it.

I'm discussing the match up on the highest level. Sure, I can go to a local tourney and 2-stock some random Fox player, but I'm talking about winning against players like Chillin, KDJ, and Ken. A YL will never, ever, beat those players' Foxes.

When I played DaShizWiz at Pound, he refused to go Falco against my YL. I think that says it all right there. He told me he plays his brother's YL all the time and thinks that match is too dangerous. He ended up playing Fox against me.
I'm not going to say Falco has the advantage i'm not going to say young link has the advantage either for that matter. It's a very even match in my opinion but in most cases i've seen D20 destroy falcos on FD with ease. If someone as refined as DaShizWiz wouldn't play Falco vs. young link doesn't that tell you something? Pillar combos are easy to get out with young link him being a tiny character ever hear of Smash DI? :laugh: However characters like Bowser GG good luck next time.

Falco is not a hard match for Young Link
Young Link is not a hard match for Falco

It's a scary match for both parties.

Nuff Said.

:tired:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
How many of you actually win at tournaments with Young Link? How far do you travel? What variety of Falco opponents have you actually faced? I would venture to say most of you have never left your own state for a tournament. Some of you have, and I would like to hear where you have been.

Mathos is a bad example of a Falco considering his primary strategy is to sit in one spot and spam lasers. I can beat Falcos that do only that. Try playing Falco players who know how to L-cancel aerials into shine combos. Young Link's jab is not even fast enough to fit between Falco moves.

Jiraiya_Inc

Smash Apprentice
haha thats where your wrong my friend i hope to have vids up of how good my y.link is but for me i have been to 3 tourny in my country and next week i am off to sweden to a tourny using my y.link of course so dont judge book from its cover :D and the falco i face is the best falco in the north west of england (apprently) :p and thats all the time, and thats the same person to have said y.link was a pretty hard match up

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i still think falco is a challenging matchup to ylink. even tho i do better with ylink than with fox in this matchup it is still hard.
i guess im speaking for myself then, Renth

pockyD

Smash Legend
How many of you actually win at tournaments with Young Link? How far do you travel? What variety of Falco opponents have you actually faced? I would venture to say most of you have never left your own state for a tournament. Some of you have, and I would like to hear where you have been.

Mathos is a bad example of a Falco considering his primary strategy is to sit in one spot and spam lasers. I can beat Falcos that do only that. Try playing Falco players who know how to L-cancel aerials into shine combos. Young Link's jab is not even fast enough to fit between Falco moves.
i dunno i think that dashizwiz guy is pretty okay at el cancel

Chip.

you know what to do
You're saying that I play at lower levels of play then? LOL, HeroSublime and I are the two best Young Link players in Washington, except HeroSublime has quite (*sigh*). I know how to play against higher leveled Falco's, but you just outlandishly assumed I didn't? Nice!

Learn to smash DI, Buzz.

The trajectory Young Link is sent at after Falco's Shine is simply incredible, or any charachter for that matter. After that point Falco can't drill into a shine into a drill etc.

OOPS!

Yeah, even though I play with one of the top players in Washington, Deva, whom is ranked 11th on the PR, and play with on a regular basis, makes his secondary, Falco, an "unrefined" Falco? Even though he's played with my Young Link daily doesn't make a slight difference, not a chance. Nice job indirectly insulting him, but I love the fact that you took the freedom to not do any of your research when it comes to my opponents and their level of skill.

I agree that FoD grants Young Link a slight edge over other stages, but it also restricts to where you can run to if Falco starts his devastating combos. The advantage comes from the fact that Young Link can hit and edge-guard Falco easily on this level, and Falco has far less room to sit back and laser spam.
You spam back against him so he doesn't have to unleash his 'devastating combos'. You're not always supposed to 'run away' and 'hide' against Falco. Throw in the meat of your sword every so often within the mix and flow of your very own projectiles. He's easy to kill here, his SHL is slightly more ineffecient. It's in Young Link's favor at this stage.

Get it?

Again, you need to play better Falco opponents, not just "the best Falco in Eastern Washington".
Honestly, he probably does have one of the best Falco's in Washington, next to DJ Combo, Eggz, and other supergods like Silent Wolf, Luigi Ka-Master, etc. of course though.

Still, I agree he should display his Falco more often to other opponents, and I wish he did, but that doesn't make his Falco any worse. A number of good players and I both agree that his Falco is a credible threat. He has a good Falco. I beat his Falco ^_^

I would much rather fight against Captain Falcon than Falco. Captain does not necessarily counter Young Link, but one down-air into a knee = the end of Young Link. It is not an easy match. :(
Learn to DI, Buzz

LOL I never said it was an easy match, it's probably in Falcon's slight favor too but he's no where near a counter , in my eyes, as long as you're not numb-minded in the battle and you play your cards right.

Man oh man, I just don't believe what Renth and D20 posted, IT'S ALL TRUE. After agreeing with Renth's long yet utterly true post, I come across this:

Buzz, it doesn't matter how far you traveled, or what tournament placings you got as long as you can say that ^^^^^^^^^^^

DaShizWiz, a Falco prodigy and god, said THAT!? I would almost bet money to see if what different Falco players you have played against that can even compete or come close to that that level of skill. I won't find it surprising if I recieve some backlash with some legit answers, put please put these annonymous Falco names, that you've played, on the table for us, eh?

The tournaments you've won were waay back in the day when nobody KNEW how to play against a Young Link. Caveman only recently, practically invented Young Link at GS2 prior to your tournaments. That's probably the most reasonable explanation of your extremely high tournament performance records. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt your skill, but c'mon, we're talking Young Link here.

Right now, I'm pretty tired after staying up all night. There is probably more things I forgot to mention. There's probably some misleadings or typos I made too. I'll do/fix it tomarrow.... er later today.

And D20, Renth, you guys are pretty awesome, you guys at least know what you're talking about. Up until this point I thought me (&HeroSublime too I guess) were the only people to not think Falco was a counter.

*yawn*
peace

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You're saying that I play at lower levels of play then? LOL, HeroSublime and I are the two best Young Link players in Washington, except HeroSublime has quite (*sigh*). I know how to play against higher leveled Falco's, but you just outlandishly assumed I didn't? Nice!
Yes, you do play at lower levels. Stop trying to deny it. Hero Sublime is not as good as you think he is. You want a comparison? Gojira from Utah went to 0C2 last year and played against Hero Sublime. He said that it was utter ****** for Hero because of all the practice Gojira had with me. My Young Link is that much better.
Learn to smash DI, Buzz.

The trajectory Young Link is sent at after Falco's Shine is simply incredible, or any character for that matter. After that point Falco can't drill into a shine into a drill etc.
You make it sound like the Falco has absolutely no control over which direction he follows up in. This is why I said you need to play against better Falco players.
Yeah, even though I play with one of the top players in Washington, Deva, whom is ranked 11th on the PR, and play with on a regular basis, makes his secondary, Falco, an "unrefined" Falco? Even though he's played with my Young Link daily doesn't make a slight difference, not a chance. Nice job indirectly insulting him, but I love the fact that you took the freedom to not do any of your research when it comes to my opponents and their level of skill.
Deva won a tournament with 13 people in it repeatedly claiming that were 20 if not 30 people in attendance. He could not overcome his weird position of denial, and it took a dozen people reviewing the results with him to get him to admit that there were only a baker's dozen of people there. Those 13 people were all Eastern Washington smashers on top of that. So, contrary to your belief, I have done plenty of research on you and your amazing opponents. Being 11th on a power rankings list is nothing to brag about. In most states, the top three/four ranked smashers are the only credible threats in the outside community. Of course, there are exceptions (California, states in the east, etc.), but it is true everywhere else. I apologize if you feel this is an 'insult' to Deva, but you drew it out.
You spam back against him so he doesn't have to unleash his 'devastating combos'. You're not always supposed to 'run away' and 'hide' against Falco. Throw in the meat of your sword every so often within the mix and flow of your very own projectiles. He's easy to kill here, his SHL is slightly more inefficient. It's in Young Link's favor at this stage.
How many tournaments have you won again? That's what I thought.
Honestly, he probably does have one of the best Falco's in Washington, next to DJ Combo, Eggz, and other supergods like Silent Wolf, Luigi Ka-Master, etc. of course though.
Again, you continue to base this all of one state. I could play your game and say that I play against Yamer, the best Falco in eastern Idaho! Granted, he is a good Falco player because he repeatedly travels to Arizona and plays with the best Falcos in the nation.
Still, I agree he should display his Falco more often to other opponents, and I wish he did, but that doesn't make his Falco any worse. A number of good players and I both agree that his Falco is a credible threat. He has a good Falco. I beat his Falco ^_^
...OK? And who are you again?
Learn to DI, Buzz

LOL I never said it was an easy match, it's probably in Falcon's slight favor too but he's no where near a counter , in my eyes, as long as you're not numb-minded in the battle and you play your cards right.
OMG STOP WITH THE DI COMMENTS! Again, you seem to have this belief that you can DI so far that any good Falcon cannot compensate and still hit you. It is called anticipation. I have plenty of DI skill, Chip. I don't know what to say back to you; learn to fight better opponents...?
Man oh man, I just don't believe what Renth and D20 posted, IT'S ALL TRUE. After agreeing with Renth's long yet utterly true post, I come across this:

Buzz, it doesn't matter how far you traveled, or what tournament placings you got as long as you can say that ^^^^^^^^^^^

DaShizWiz, a Falco prodigy and god, said THAT!? I would almost bet money to see if what different Falco players you have played against that can even compete or come close to that that level of skill. I won't find it surprising if I recieve some backlash with some legit answers, put please put these annonymous Falco names, that you've played, on the table for us, eh?

The tournaments you've won were waay back in the day when nobody KNEW how to play against a Young Link. Caveman only recently, practically invented Young Link at GS2 prior to your tournaments. That's probably the most reasonable explanation of your extremely high tournament performance records. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt your skill, but c'mon, we're talking Young Link here.

Right now, I'm pretty tired after staying up all night. There is probably more things I forgot to mention. There's probably some misleadings or typos I made too. I'll do/fix it tomarrow.... er later today.

And D20, Renth, you guys are pretty awesome, you guys at least know what you're talking about. Up until this point I thought me (&HeroSublime too I guess) were the only people to not think Falco was a counter.

*yawn*
peace
Forgive me. I did not know Taj from Arizona and various SoCal Falco players sucked so bad. Traveling does matter and winning tournaments does matter if you want to have any credibility in your posts. I find it ironic that you had nothing to argue with until other people finally came in and posted. All you could do was tell me to learn to DI.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
Chip, I play some falco, and I can tell you that your brother kinda sucks with him based on those vids. His game was really slow, he couldn't read anything you were doing at all, and all he did was try to start up pillars with dairs, a lot of which he didn't even L-cancel. Your brother does not constitute a good falco.

A-Laon

Smash Master
How many of you actually win at tournaments with Young Link? How far do you travel? What variety of Falco opponents have you actually faced? I would venture to say most of you have never left your own state for a tournament.

For the record, we (D20 & crew) travel frequently, have been out of state numerous times, and hell, we're heading out to the MW yet again just this weekend for another tourney. Still, I'll leave it to the already well-established fact that where we've been and how we've ranked is pretty inane if Shiz himself won't face D20's YL with Falco.

And, uhh, yeah... I think Shiz can L cancel...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
For the record, we (D20 & crew) travel frequently, have been out of state numerous times, and hell, we're heading out to the MW yet again just this weekend for another tourney. Still, I'll leave it to the already well-established fact that where we've been and how we've ranked is pretty inane if Shiz himself won't face D20's YL with Falco.

And, uhh, yeah... I think Shiz can L cancel...
Thank you for at least providing a viable example. I'm sure D20 has some crazy mad-skills with Young Link to the point where Shiz does not want to play against him as Falco. It sounds more like a conflict of play-styles than technical ability. It has already been proven that Falco has stronger moves with less frames per move; that mixed with stunning lasers makes him a ridiculous opponent. Kudos to D20 for intimidating Shiz, but it really sounds like an isolated incident. Why doesn't Chu Dat bust out his Young Link against PC Chris' Falco?

And for the record, I've honestly never heard of DaShizWhiz. How does he measure up to other pro players?

Renth

Smash Hero
Try playing Falco players who know how to L-cancel aerials into shine combos.

LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL THAT
DaShizWiz Cannot L-Cancel aerials into shine combos.

Rather than saying that were at a very low level of play and going on to say we don't play good people because of travel and other stupid bull **** like that how about this, Try debating the topic instead of being an arrogant ***. I'd go through and quote all your remarks of you being an *** but i'm too lazy.

So is this going to be a Debate or a *****fest

And for the record, I've honestly never heard of DaShizWhiz. How does he measure up to other pro players?
DaShizWhiz is the top ranked player in Florida and probably the most technical falco i've ever seen. look at his videos he's considered a pro even though he doesn't have an MLG ranking.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Try playing Falco players who know how to L-cancel aerials into shine combos.

LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL THAT
DaShizWiz Cannot L-Cancel aerials into shine combos.

Rather than saying that were at a very low level of play and going on to say we don't play good people because of travel and other stupid bull **** like that how about this, Try debating the topic instead of being an arrogant *******. I'd go through and quote all your remarks of you being an *** but i'm too lazy.

So is this going to be a Debate or a *****fest
Hmmm... I'm not the one saying "just DI out of Falco's pillar". Do you realize how ridiculous such statements are? Read my posts more carefully, and you'll see how much I DO debate the topic at hand.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Thank you for at least providing a viable example. I'm sure D20 has some crazy mad-skills with Young Link to the point where Shiz does not want to play against him as Falco. It sounds more like a conflict of play-styles than technical ability. It has already been proven that Falco has stronger moves with less frames per move; that mixed with stunning lasers makes him a ridiculous opponent. Kudos to D20 for intimidating Shiz, but it really sounds like an isolated incident. Why doesn't Chu Dat bust out his Young Link against PC Chris' Falco?

maybe you should come out from under that rock over there if you haven't heard of dashizwiz o_o

from what i gathered from the post d20 made, dashizwiz is afraid to play ylink, not afraid to play d20's ylink (he said the reasoning is that he didn't like the matchup against HIS BROTHER'S (smashmac) ylink)

why would chudat bust out his ylink when he can just play the ice climbers and win? -_- (also pc doesn't really play falco anymore)

no one is claiming ylink counters falco (and should be used as an active counterpick); just that he can hold his own

i think you have lost track of the argument; your last post to chip didn't address the issues at all; instead all you tried to do was demean him and the people he plays with

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Whatever... I am not going to argue this anymore since no one believes I have any idea what I am talking about. I thought my experience against Falco would be beneficial to the community, but it turns out I am old news.

Top Bottom