• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youmacon 2012 AKA Youmacon Battle Opera

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If you're intending to stay the whole weekend, Friday morning. Otherwise, the later you wait the worse the line gets. Friday evening is terrible.

I will be at the venue bright and early Friday.
If everything goes according to plan I should be getting to the con between 12:30 and 1:30. I just need to find a place to keep my bags since Kyle doesn't plan on being there till the evening.

JTsm

Smash Master
Sucks that I have to leave work at 6:15 pm. I'll be up all night though. :colorful:

I would love to know where to get the best stuff, Tech_Senpai.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yo our crackheads are one of a kind, GDX.

:denzel:
same as new york drug hobos I saw when I went to times square:

also, someone should let me borrow their regular con pass just for alittle bit. I need to buy something One piece related

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Guys, don't forget that registration for any event is from 4pm to 10pm on Friday only. There are a LOT of casual players who will enter these. Its very possible to lose out on a spot if you.wait too long.

Emergency registration is on Saturday up until 90 minutes before the event. But be warned, the staff who manages the registration for the events isn't always on their game. Ori was almost a victim lmao. So if you're arriving Friday evening then register ASAP.

Tutu, I'll front you the money since you got me the hookup on the room ..if you want.

zyth

Smash Lord
yea just register as soon as you can friday, so many casuals will want to register, and there will be overflow. if that happens to you its first come first serve so dont get your hopes to high

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Tech, could you get me a pass for the tournament (battle opera pass I think) and I can give you the money when I get there in the evening? JTsm isn't coming until 6:30pm and I'll be screwed if thats true.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah, I can front you Julian.

I'll just register you for the events and then you pay me when I see you. I don't need to get pass for you, I can just pay for your entry and give them your name.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
So I am going to apologize in advance for the **** NY/NJ will endure at this. Sadly Nairo couldn't come get his share as well (gotcha :yeahboi:), but M2K will have to do :denzel:.
nah chill any other diddy that isnt adhd aint nothing to me! lucky i aint going :I

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Emergency registration is on Saturday up until 90 minutes before the event. But be warned, the staff who manages the registration for the events isn't always on their game. Ori was almost a victim lmao. So if you're arriving Friday evening then register ASAP.
That **** was stupid, i registered the same time as Zyth and they never weote my name in lmaooooooo.

But also I thought there wasn't going to be a cap this year since #APEX2k13 was running it.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay, since there seems to be some confusion on how the passes work, I will explain for those who need clarity:

For those who wish to get the full convention experience or have any interest in doing anything other than playing games: Get the 3 day badge. $60 and it gives you access to the Game Room, Dealer's Room, the Panels, Dances everything.

If you are only planning on doing the convention for one day its $30 for Friday, $40 for Saturday and $20 for Sunday. These are one day passes that will give you full access up until about 8 or so the next morning.

For those of you who have absolutely no interest in the convention and just want to enter the tournaments, and hang in the city: Get the Battle Opera Pass. Its $35 and covers the entire weekend. But you ONLY have access to the Game Room. If you want to upgrade, you can go back in the line anytime, wait and upgrade by paying the $25 difference.

All tournaments are $10 entry regardless of what you enter and are separate from getting your badge for the weekend. The tournament registration for ALL events will be in the Game Room. Priority Registration is from 4pm to 10pm Friday. Emergency registration is all day Saturday up until 90 minutes before the tournament's scheduled commencement time.

And for those broke ***** who would like to save $60, you can volunteer for the weekend. They are always looking for volunteers regardless of how last minute it is. Plus , I personally know some of the people who run Volunteering anyway. You pay for your pass like normal and then you go the Volunteering Ops room on one of the upper floors of the convention (probably the 5th again) and register. If you do 16 hours of work between Friday opening and Sunday closing you will get your full money back. They also have a break room where they give out free snacks and drinks. I did it for two years. It's easy work and if you do it at late night then it's stupid easy. Just food for thought.

Any questions?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I was never told there would be a cap.

Only that we would stop registration at a specific time but that should be common sense to sign up.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I might have to bring my laptop or something I don't want to do con stuff but not sure if I want to gamble in Detroit either

JTsm

Smash Master
Actually, Platinum will get you to the bitty cafe (among various other things), but it would cost you $60 extra. lol

$120 total for Platinum Pass.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just want this week of work to be over already. Get me on this plane and this car ride for some sleep and get this tourney going

JTsm

Smash Master
lul I really don't care honestly. I'm going either way. :denzel:

zyth

Smash Lord
could someone who will be at youma at 4 sign me up for brawl? I got work till 5 so I wont be there till around 6

they are normal tvs (they were last year)
They were not. Not at all. I distinctly remember the reason I won our set is because I switched to zelda because I couldn't play a precision based character in delay lol. And I also knew I could f-smash in place in delay and you'd run into it trying to punish it, because of delay. And then you died because of delay since it looked like you survived, because of delay so you chose not to input a momentum cancel.

ZTD | TECHnology

No there was ONE with component cables which made it noticeably not as ****ty as the others. I remember *****ing about this to staff last year.

Top Bottom