• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you ungrateful *******s, post here: Lucario General Chat v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Sorry Im really new to this whole using of smashboards and stuff, but ive been hearing about a pound 4 tournament. I was wondering who might be going and were it will be?
First off welcome to the boards. Well I ain't going to that tournament but if you want to know where it is going to be held go to the tournament listings.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
AiB is also a good place to go, considering that nearly every SWF tournament posted is also on All is Brawl, plus you can look by state/region.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pound 4 is the next big announced tourney. I really want to go, but I need to get a job/start saving money. So I guess I'll see what happens in these next few months...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
But that's all the way on EC...
I'm sure you've heard of TP3, G.O. 3.0 in NW, or BITW. Those are more WC events. Anything by Active Gamers iirc are pretty good C.A. events as well.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But that's all the way on EC...
I'm sure you've heard of TP3, G.O. 3.0 in NW, or BITW. Those are more WC events. Anything by Active Gamers iirc are pretty good C.A. events as well.
Well, being in the Southwest, it doesn't really matter, lol. Location is not a big deal, it's just money and possible time conflicts with school. I don't even know if I can even go to WHobo 2 just because it's during finals' week for some people. Ah well, if I do miss them, it won't really matter. There's always another tourney going on somewhere...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Money is the only thing holding me back from traveling. If I had money, I would travel to like every major tourney. But unfortunately, rumor has it that you need to have a job before you can get money. <_<

Either ways, Pound 4 is not for a while, so anything can happen that can help/hurt my chances.

And I invite everyone to go to WHobo 2 if you have time/money. It's Meta banned (if you care) and there's housing available. :)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
My best advice for easy and quick money is to win the lottery. :) Also I believe the rumor of having a job before getting money is true, lol.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Hey I was wondering, since Lucario is soo cool (as well as being one of the most balanced characters), we should have him back in the next Super Smash Bros game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
so i dont post too much in the Lucario boards, so idk if this has been discussed or not

seibrik put up a video of his AT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0

anyone know if lucario can use this? i didnt see any clips of him on the video.
The guy did mention that most of the characters who weren't in the video either didn't get much of a boost or didn't have good enough options. Then again, most people know Nada about lucario...

Edit: OMG he's here again.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Money is the only thing holding me back from traveling. If I had money, I would travel to like every major tourney. But unfortunately, rumor has it that you need to have a job before you can get money. <_<

Either ways, Pound 4 is not for a while, so anything can happen that can help/hurt my chances.

And I invite everyone to go to WHobo 2 if you have time/money. It's Meta banned (if you care) and there's housing available. :)
Metabanned? I need to go!! (but being out of country seriously sucks. lol)

EDIT- where does it say brawl wont have a sequel???

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
GDC 2008 interview said:
IGN: Have you done everything you can do with the Smash Bros. franchise now? In other words, can Wii owners look forward to a Brawl sequel in the future?

Masahiro Sakurai: Well, the series has already had three iterations so I cannot say with one-hundred percent confidence that there won't be any additional Smash Bros. games ever. But, at the same time I'd really like to note that I feel like with Brawl there are already so many modes and so much to do that it's really hard to exhaust what you can do with this game. I'm really against the idea of merely creating a sequel that would add modes or increase the number of characters in the roster -- all the sort of things that just simply fatten up the game. I'd like to avoid just doing that if a sequel ever came out.
So, he doesn't know if there will be one. At the same time, he doesn't want there to be another one if there's just going to be more characters and nothing else.

Also, keep in mind that Brawl is number one in terms of Wii playtime and has sold millions of copies already. It's a big money maker, and Nintendo likes money...

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Metabanned? I need to go!! (but being out of country seriously sucks. lol)

EDIT- where does it say brawl wont have a sequel???
Sakurai. I can only hope he never plans to sequel Brawl, at least. Melee was the peak, and everything else after it is only trying to reach divine intervention.

Knowing Nintendo, they told Sakurai what a ****tard he was for not wanting to sequel Brawl, what with all the precious jew gold they get from the series.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai. I can only hope he never plans to sequel Brawl, at least. Melee was the peak, and everything else after it is only trying to reach divine intervention.

Knowing Nintendo, they told Sakurai what a ****tard he was for not wanting to sequel Brawl, what with all the precious jew gold they get from the series.
I find Brawl to be really good and Lucario to be one of my favorite characters (as well as being one of the most balanced ones). I hope Sakurai does a sequel sometime in the future. But even then, I find SWF screwing off with the tier list when it comes to Lucario (I mean bringing down the position from 7 to 11 to 14), but frankly I don't care about tiers.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So, he doesn't know if there will be one. At the same time, he doesn't want there to be another one if there's just going to be more characters and nothing else.

Also, keep in mind that Brawl is number one in terms of Wii playtime and has sold millions of copies already. It's a big money maker, and Nintendo likes money...
A much better version of the interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb12m_BfvnQ&feature=related

But yeah, that was what he said. So we're stuck with Brawl.

@Paladin: Actually, I think his move down was more accurate, most of the characters in the A tier were moving pretty fast in advancement and were getting good results, although I'd highly disagree with the Kirby/ZSS/Lucario placement. Kirby's overrated :p

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Thats why theres the alterations to brawl. We're making our own next smash bros game... just a few years to early.

Now, if we petition to nintendo saying we will pay more money for the next super smash bros game, and get lots of signatures, they won't be able to say no! Reverse-psychologys.

@phil:
I just spent the last 10 minuets trying to figure out what your sig guy is saying. So far all i've gotten is, "What The Heck! Graawwbbabb, This goes this way, that goes that way."
-t2

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Brawl+ now actually has a chance to make it into the competitive scene...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
While Brawl+ looks kind of interesting, too many things about it are broken. After watching some people playing it in person and how some stuff combos, it doesn't really appeal to me.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
The game is pretty "meh" to me... like MvC.

But it is still fun to shout at it!

One of those games where I just pick up and drop.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
@Paladin: Actually, I think his move down was more accurate, most of the characters in the A tier were moving pretty fast in advancement and were getting good results, although I'd highly disagree with the Kirby/ZSS/Lucario placement. Kirby's overrated :p
True, but the tier placement is mostly based on competitive play, not skill. Tiers mostly reinforce the list so most players end up playing higher tier characters for better chances of winning while completely ignoring lower tier characters. What not many people realize is that skill is more important than tier. In fact, I happen to get my butt kicked by Ike (human player) while playing as Lucario even though Ike is in a lower tier placement than Lucario.

I'm guessing the reason why Lucario's placement is getting lower is because not many people want to play in a "high risk, high return" type strategy. But still, Lucario's priority on attacks are at sub par with Marth.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Brawl+ is interesting at the moment. Partly because there are many versions still floating around, however general populace has played or seen vids of the same brawl+. As for fairness its getting to a even stand point.

Brawl+ will only be able to reach a wide spread competitive scene when the said promised Brawl+ comes to a homebrew disk for everyone to play. Until then, we have to leave it to the hacking and the altering and the computer stuff while not all competitive brawlers want to mess with their wii when Brawl is just a few buttons away.
-t2

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Brawl+ is interesting at the moment. Partly because there are many versions still floating around, however general populace has played or seen vids of the same brawl+. As for fairness its getting to a even stand point.

Brawl+ will only be able to reach a wide spread competitive scene when the said promised Brawl+ comes to a homebrew disk for everyone to play. Until then, we have to leave it to the hacking and the altering and the computer stuff while not all competitive brawlers want to mess with their wii when Brawl is just a few buttons away.
-t2
Rumor has it that you no longer need to hack your wii.

Homebrew disc btw?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh lucario is one of my trouble matchups lately, ahaha imma check the matchup thread to find out what characters can beat him :p

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Marth and DDD do a fine job of giving Lucario problems.

Sheik VS Lucario is pretty gay especially if you play Lucarid that know the match-up.

Like me ;3

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
B+? Pass.

Also, lol his tier placement is pretty **** correct because he has little options for approaching, and requires more understanding of how to use him than most characters do. He gets easy to read unless you have a good understanding of his options, and he's not the most effective camper in game. Generally, he is bottom of high tier imo, mainly because he's viable and good, but the other characters are mostly better. Kirby shouldn't be higher, but he's definitely below people like Olimar and Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom