• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys need to listen to yourselves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I play seriously because it's fun to play seriously. Every game has ******* like you, just because you suck *** you think you need to compensate for it by telling yourself you're playing the game the correct way. There is no correct way to play SSBM. Tourneytards just like to play a certain way, and in my opinion it is a more fun way. We're not telling you to never use items, we just hate it when scrubs whine about how we don't use items and tell us we're playing the game the wrong way.

If tourney-goers were truly playing in a way they thought wasn't fun, they wouldn't play. If they wanted to play a not fun game just for money and reputation, they'd be playing MMORPGs, other than WoW those are just not fun.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Topic Creator, it would appear that you think we, the competitive Smash community, are arrogant and "elitist." You say that we ruin the game by playing it a certain way (a standard, Tourney-rules way); however, you go on to assert that the game should be played with items, etc. Trying to prove a point is one thing; hypocrisy is another. You go play the game one way, and I (and the rest of the competitive Smash community), will play the game our way. Your post, no matter how long, will do nothing to stop us.

I find competitive, no item Smash to be fun. I think being competitive is fun. Please don't arrogantly insisting that your way of playing Smash is the only "fun" way.

Oh, and I see that MookieRah has already owned this thread. It reminds me of this thread and many others like it.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
they'd be playing MMORPGs, other than WoW those are just not fun.
Poo on that sir. Poo I say. I for one hate MMOs and I think WoW (the only one I could play far enough to have a character at level cap) is still very very lacking, to me; however, to diss an entire genre cause you dislike it, especially coupled with the fact that millions and millions of people around the world freakin love it is kinda silly. Plus, there was no reason to include that in your post.

Everything else you said is very true, the tournament scene thrives because the tournament players LOVE it. I dare say we love the game more than 99% of the casual players, because a lot of us have been playing the game the entirety of it's 6 year duration quite avidly. Most casual players tend to pick it up and drop it, and if you haven't done that then more than likely you are competitive as hell with your friends and it's just that you don't attend tournaments or learn advanced stuff for some reason or another.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Heres an idea people play it like you want to so don't bash or flame people who don't play the same way you do. this is what leads to unwanted conflicts (*note* i don't care if you guys want to argue because its your decision)

Linari Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Why has this topic even started
man TC you should really think about you're going to say

Many dont like it at all when come to these forums and say that their way is wrong
someone already said this you are sir are giving many casuals a bad name

BTW I like FFAs in time mode using the Adv tech I've learned against others with or without items

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
This thread is obvious flamebait, but the "laughing at your own loss" part really caught my eye. I think it's very poignant.

See I play both parts casual and tournament-legal. Both certainly have their pros and cons, but I've never once enjoyed a loss in a "real" match, let alone laughed out loud about it. On the other hand, in friendly matches with randomness and chaos I can't count the number of times I've laughed my *** off as my character by some freak occurence explodes into the stratosphere, aflame.

How many purely competitive players can honestly say they've ever enjoyed losing, ever. I don't mean the lessons learned afterward, I mean the actual act of losing, as it happens.

Linari Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Yep ,thats what I thought too. But, it seem that they know what that feeling is already

But, I still to the greatest fact can FFAs become competitive, it still haunts me to this day

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I agree with both sides,really. I mean the hard core players shouldn't take the game as seriously as some of them,but they do have fun and enjoy it.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
You HAVE to remember the first time you even played SSB64. You had the items. You PLAYED with the items! You even *gasp* USED THE ITEMS!!!!!
I dont agree with u in a lot of things, i mean, smash IS fun

But that item part, yeah, i feel the same wey there

When i started playing melee i liked items A LOT, but, for some reason, almost everyone wanted to play without items, so the game could be fair. i didnt agree, but well, what could i do? my friends didnt want items, so i had to play without them. i was very good playing with items, then stopped using them, and became very good without items, and yes, it was mainly because of competitive gaming and stuff

The thing is, smash has items, it is meant to be played with items, i mean, it is no common fighting game, so, items are supposed to be in the fights

Most say that is not fair playing with items, cause all of a sudden u can get a bomb box or something like that, or someone can get a hammer or a heart, well, thats the idea! its not that the fight will be unfair, i mean, is not like the game is pickin on u, u have to fight in those conditions, if someone gets a hammer, hit him so that he drops it and get it yourself, if someone gets a heart, bad luck! ull have to make all the damage again, but then again, if ure good, ull do it, plus u have the same chances to get the items urself

I think is actually more challenging, but few people seem to agree with me

Same goes for some stages. There is not one person i know who likes Icycle Mountain, and i LOVE it!!! and same thing, in tournaments, there are specific stages to be chosen, i mean, if ure really good at the game, u can fight anywhere

But well, the good thing is that i enjoy the game either way

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Seriously, we all need to listen to ourselves. We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS! yet we treat it like everything has to be epic, everything has to be fair and even and everything needs to fit just right.
The only person I know that says "epic" is TGM. Now tell me, is there any game that is perfectly balanced or fair? There is always that gun that kills in one hit. But every other gun is just as deadly if you use it right. That's why not every game has to be balanced. NO game has to be balanced. That's what makes games fun.

You HAVE to remember the first time you even played SSB64. You had the items. You PLAYED with the items! You even *gasp* USED THE ITEMS!!!!! You would run around with that lightsaber of a beam sword and everybody would run away or team up on you! You would throw that red shell and everybody would scramble off the platform to safe ground! You LAUGHED! You HAD A GOOD TIME!
Does that mean we still can't have a good time, even without items? I turn items on on occasion. That's because I want to. But to become better at the game, I turn them off. I still have fun with it.

Now look at us. We treat this like it's the olympics. We don't play with items, we fight and argue, we run these tournaments with strict, communist-like rules. Y'know what tournaments have done? They've sucked out the essence of Super Smash Bros. (*Gasp* I actually said it) We look at each update and batter them to death. We don't enjoy the music that actually captures this essence of good plain fun. All we care about is Character character character, serious serious serious, wavedash edgeguard SHFFL dair shinepike, win win win.
Just because we lose doesn't mean the world's going to end. We don't HAVE to win. We become better by embracing defeat. And we joke around on these forums too. But we HELP people when they need it. And who doesn't like the music?

Super Smash bros is a game meant to be played like that. There are supposed to be moments where you have the upper hand with your uber great item. There are SUPPOSED to be moments where you can LAUGH AT YOUR OWN LOSS. This is a game that's MEANT to be enjoyed, yet we've turned it into a game of strain and utter struggle.
Umm... I haven't seen gatorade buckets at ANY tournament. We like the game. That's why we want to get better

Super smash ISN'T your normal Tekken game. It's meant to be spirit lifting! Not frustrating! It's comical! There are elements that make it funny at times! It's a game where you can just play it to HAVE FUN! Not just to WIN! (though I see with all the selfishness around these boards, winning is all that matters. >_> )
No, it isn't your average tekken game. That's why MLG sponsors it. that's why we want to be the best.

What's happening to our perspective? Is it all based on tiers now? Seriously, we're all getting excited about these awesome new items, yet how many of you "avid smashers" are gonna use them for more than a month! The way we play this now, Brawl will just be a Melee with some new charaters.
Only at tournaments. I'm sure there will be AR videos up within the first couple of months too.
Super Smash shouldn't be treated this way. It should be treated the way it's SUPPOSED to be treated. And by the looks of it, the only people who treat it that way are Sakurai and his team. They're going about everything just right, and we criticize everything they do like we know what we're talking about.
There's good ideas and bad ones. Wether or not people think it's one or the other is based on point of view. There is more than one kind of person that posts on these forums.

We act like we know how brawl is supposed to be made, and apparently, we don't realize that WE DON'T! So we need to stop acting like we're the authority on whether or not this item or music or attack or stage is fitting. We need to start accepting that WE DON'T, CAN'T and SHOULDN'T control how Brawl is to be made.
But we do have some idea of what people want. Because we ARE the people. Why can't you just accept the fact that you don't have any clue what you're saying, and just keep that grimy trap of yours shut!

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Poo on that sir. Poo I say. I for one hate MMOs and I think WoW (the only one I could play far enough to have a character at level cap) is still very very lacking, to me; however, to diss an entire genre cause you dislike it, especially coupled with the fact that millions and millions of people around the world freakin love it is kinda silly. Plus, there was no reason to include that in your post.

Everything else you said is very true, the tournament scene thrives because the tournament players LOVE it. I dare say we love the game more than 99% of the casual players, because a lot of us have been playing the game the entirety of it's 6 year duration quite avidly. Most casual players tend to pick it up and drop it, and if you haven't done that then more than likely you are competitive as hell with your friends and it's just that you don't attend tournaments or learn advanced stuff for some reason or another.
You know, I would argue to that, but you're so awesome I just can't argue with you, and I'm totally not using that as a cover up to know that my counter-argument would get totally owned by you, not at all...:laugh:

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I dont know where a person who plays like a competitive player except he cant wavedash well(Im still learning) falls in the territory of competitive vs casual but I for one do think that items should be used to mess around and should be used for fun once in a while and I only believe its fun if you got more than 2 people playing at a time...but for 1on1 matches, I never play with items...but then again...I have been reading some posts here and they do come off as a bit too serious when it comes to competitive play...to the point where it seems like the life out of Smash is somewhat being drained...but like I said thats only looking at it from afar...(Ive never participated in any tournaments cuz I dont have any where I live and the best Smash players in my school are just a handful and Ive beaten them all...and they dont know much about advanced techniques)...I want to delve myself into the competitive scene, because I have found myself enjoying Melee more than when I was a casual player...sadly I only have the ******** level 9 COM's to train with....so that doesnt help me much...but w/e Smash is supposed to be played IMO however you want to because thats just how it should be, nobody has the right to say which is the TRUE way to play...because that differs depending on the person....

goodkid

Smash Lord
I agree Mike2000. This forum should start from scratch, and not make Brawl into Melee. Brawl is a new game, and we shouldn't worry about if everything from Melee will be in Brawl. When the game releases people will get worried if they don't see advanced techs from Melee. But new techs will be there, and if some will be from Melee, and some just in a different way. Who knows? Things change. There may be a new way to maneuver besides wave dashing. Lets leave Melee....Melee, and Brawl....Brawl.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
As far as the original post, I've thought about that every time I play Smash with other people. It's fine to play competetively, but its stupid to not appreciate that items and playing on unconventional levels can be really fun also, and is more than just the "n00b" way to play. Screw the haters and idiots crying about what you said, I agree with you dude.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I.. don't want to read through the whole thread.. too lazy..

Seriously, we all need to listen to ourselves. We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS! yet we treat it like everything has to be epic, everything has to be fair and even and everything needs to fit just right.
Super Smash Bros. games were epic so far.. Why shouldn't this one be?

You HAVE to remember the first time you even played SSB64. You had the items. You PLAYED with the items! You even *gasp* USED THE ITEMS!!!!! You would run around with that lightsaber of a beam sword and everybody would run away or team up on you! You would throw that red shell and everybody would scramble off the platform to safe ground! You LAUGHED! You HAD A GOOD TIME!
Hell yeah I did, and even in Melee!

Now look at us. We treat this like it's the olympics. We don't play with items, we fight and argue, we run these tournaments with strict, communist-like rules. Y'know what tournaments have done? They've sucked out the essence of Super Smash Bros. (*Gasp* I actually said it) We look at each update and batter them to death. We don't enjoy the music that actually captures this essence of good plain fun. All we care about is Character character character, serious serious serious, wavedash edgeguard SHFFL dair shinepike, win win win.
Like the Olympics? No.. I actually pay attention to Brawl. Though I might take a look at the next one since my school's band is supposed to play there I think.

Items? I love items, but no items means more skill comes into play for more serious matches.

And I bet tournaments sucked out the essence of Counter-Strike and Halo too.

Updates are awesome and I love to see them, also try to look for hidden things in them.

Music sounds epic I love it!

Characters are what we play as.. It should be important.. So its serious too.

Can't say much about the techniques, but winning is what games are all about right?

Super Smash bros is a game meant to be played like that. There are supposed to be moments where you have the upper hand with your uber great item. There are SUPPOSED to be moments where you can LAUGH AT YOUR OWN LOSS. This is a game that's MEANT to be enjoyed, yet we've turned it into a game of strain and utter struggle.
Why have the option to... turn off items if it was meant to be all Mario Party esque? And the people that play competitivly... Enjoy playing the game? Isn't that why they play it endlessly trying to get better?

Super smash ISN'T your normal Tekken game. It's meant to be spirit lifting! Not frustrating! It's comical! There are elements that make it funny at times! It's a game where you can just play it to HAVE FUN! Not just to WIN! (though I see with all the selfishness around these boards, winning is all that matters. >_> )
Nope its not a normal Tekken game, its not even Tekken in the first place, its Super Smash Bros. And when I play Tekken its fun to kick some butt and funny when a move is used a different way.. I play Tekken because its fun.. Why play games that aren't fun?

What's happening to our perspective? Is it all based on tiers now? Seriously, we're all getting excited about these awesome new items, yet how many of you "avid smashers" are gonna use them for more than a month! The way we play this now, Brawl will just be a Melee with some new charaters.
Nope, tiers are just a vague list yet it can accurately tell who will most likely win. Its just the way it is and how its portrayed mostly..

I love items and will keep using them to kick some butt online, I love smash! But Brawl will have new Physics, stages, and moves too!

Super Smash shouldn't be treated this way. It should be treated the way it's SUPPOSED to be treated. And by the looks of it, the only people who treat it that way are Sakurai and his team. They're going about everything just right, and we criticize everything they do like we know what we're talking about.
Its a game? Aren't... any game thats really really anticipated looked through and speculated to no end... Or if your talking about seeing it as a competitive game.. You can win.. you can lose, it can be played competitively. Its an awesome game at that and takes some real skill to play it hardcore. Looks like a competitive game to me.

We act like we know how brawl is supposed to be made, and apparently, we don't realize that WE DON'T! So we need to stop acting like we're the authority on whether or not this item or music or attack or stage is fitting. We need to start accepting that WE DON'T, CAN'T and SHOULDN'T control how Brawl is to be made.
Thats why there are so many ideas being thrown around. Why have a forum about it if we are just gonna say "Cool, Brawl! Can't wait!" and thats it.. No we love the game and we want to talk about it and we want it to be the greatest game we will ever play until something better comes around!

And... Wow.. thats got to be the longest post I've ever done...

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
Its really simple....smash is what you make it. Thats why there are options. What? You hate items Mr. Pro player? Thats fine. What? You love items Mr. Causal player? Thats fine too. Both people are right because they play how they want to. So whats the argument about? Well it seems to have been pulled out of the depths of someone's *** because there is not point to it. Let people play how they want because that is what = fun.

There is no point to this on going argument since there is no winning and accomplishes nothing. Unless, the argument is about putting items in tournaments because at least then a meaningful conversation can take place, even though its probably no going to happen.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
How many purely competitive players can honestly say they've ever enjoyed losing, ever. I don't mean the lessons learned afterward, I mean the actual act of losing, as it happens.
I hate to lose whether it's casual or competitive. I don't throw a fit when I lose but I'm certainly more happy when I win.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I can't believe you guys flamed him. You misread his "People, we need to relax a little. Really competitive SSB is turning us against each other, just chill out every once in a while, have fun, laugh at yourself." What you heard was "OMG, People who don't use items are thick! I've never seen people as stupid as those thick *** tourney players in all my life!"

So you flamed him and basically called him stupid, just to prove that SSB doesn't make you uptight or argue? Tried to prove him wrong by shouting at him that you don't need to laugh at yourself every once in a while because tourney players don't do that. I mean, some people here even got so sad they started posting things like "Let's close this thread"

You all came across so hostile, infact, I only needed to read the first post to judge how you were all going to react.

He only pointed out that we need to relax and laugh at ourselves, cause evidently, no matter how much we want to, we can't decide what's going to be in brawl.

But heck, that doesn't matter. We'll just turn everything that might give the opponent a better chance off.

Cause winning is all that matters..

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Well I think I'm going to throw my two cents in here.

#1-This topic was obviously not meant just to talk about the tournament and competitive scene. It was meant to point out that people are taking Brawl entirely too seriously, just because of Melee. We should look at it as an entirely new game, rather than Melee 2.0.

#2-Whether anybody wants to admit it, the competitive Smash community is too serious (actually, the hardcore and competitive gaming community in general is too serious.) The "pro gamers" are often the same ones who demean and insult casual gamers because "HA! You suck at this game! You mean nothing. Noob." It's like if Derek Jeter went to a little league game and insulted a 7 year old cause he has to hit off the tee. It's stupid and pointless. And most casual gamers resent the hardcore community because of it. It's why I hate basically every Counter-Strike player in the world. Because you don't have a chance to have fun in most online CS games. But when LANing CS with friends, it can be the most fun game in the world.

#3-Most of the (real) appeal of Smash is that it's a simple game design that allows for pick up and play fun, rather than combo memorizing and speed of fingers. Smash is not Tekken, it's not Soul Calibur. And that's what a lot of people love about it. That's why a lot of people also resent the fact that people have found ways to make it complicated. Just because it's human nature to win, even if it's winning at a party game (and SSB is and will always be a party game, no matter what anyone says.) It's even more upsetting to some people to see that Brawl is already being picked apart like Melee was over it's lifespan.

With all that said, there's not really anything wrong with the competitive or the casual community. It's just that they have to intermingle. A casual Smash enthusiast can come on these boards where there's a large presence of the hardcore players. Not only are they more competitive than the casual fan, but they can quite often be condescending.

And while there's nothing really wrong with the competitive community, I personally think they should wait a while before they start picking apart all aspects of Smash.

Edit: Also, if and when somebody says something about how casual players aren't really casual, they just want to cover up how they're not good at the game. Well, all I have to say is that I personally am a casual gamer, and I have little trouble executing advance techs. The only thing is I don't care enough to practice at them, and get to where I can use them against "pro gamers." Practicing at video games is not fun. That's why video games have over the years been designed so that they gradually get harder as you play. You're never not having fun and just practicing, your playing the game, and getting better as you do.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
sakurai is not making this game in order to meet standards of competitive play.
thats what you all don't realize.
i'm pretty sure he could care less about MLG or FC.

The nature of this game's system makes it conducive to tournament play, but if by some chance it doesn't, I don't think Sakurai will lose any sleep. and I'm pretty sure it will still break sales records. i'm pretty every person in this thread is still going to buy it.
I've been trying to say this for so long now

So dont ***** when OMFG NEED ITEM because it isn't catering towards YOU its catering towards THEM (casuals)

I just was never able to put it into the proper words and was seen as LOL SCRUB MORE THAN ONE WAY TO PLAY

thanks

BTW:lol back to Goku

Rash

Smash Ace
I already said this in another thread; the game is built for casuals and the more that it's catered to the casual smash crowd, the better. Smash Brothers benefits from being this way because the players themselves can make the game into what they want to be, without having to sacrifice the key things about the game that developers are putting in to make it such a friendly, all-audience kind of experience.

The establishment of competitive play as we know it right now is just better off when left to the players. The developers should not change the current way they are making the game, because either way it's going to be changed around when the players get their hands on the game anyway.

@ Bendu: You made an awesome post there, and I agree on all levels. That's the kind of attitude that more people really need to have about this whole situation.

Snacks will return

Smash Rookie
Me too. But it turns out you're a horrible person, sorry dude, you ruined the game :(
People like you ruin it for people who don't want to play by your arbitrary rules

Whilst some people have no grasp on their emotion
SCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUBSCRUB
*CHARGES DBZ TYPE ATTACK*

Competitive play does the exact opposite of suck the fun out of a game, it increases its re-playability, melee being the best example.
How does it do that exactly? By severely limiting the amount of stages you can play on so you don't get any suprises and as a result adapt (OH GOD HOW WILL I EVER ADAPT MY STRATEGY TO THIS PLATFORM THAT MOVES SLIGHTLY? THAT STAGE IS B&), along with using less features of the game.

So you're getting "more" play out of "less"? MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE LIKE, TOTALLY VIDEOGAME ALCHEMISTS

I must thank all of you however, for the drama you (well, when I say you, I mostly mean Mr. Dylan over there) generate BAWWWWWing over stuff like Zamus and every update that doesn't contain a "legitimate tourney stage" or new character.

Oh, and by the way:

SiD

Smash Master
Haven't you ever heard the saying less is more? It's true. By limiting what you can do for all players who play competitively, you get to form strategies and tricks in order to defeat someone with less tactics. How is that not bring more gameplay than playing the same lame random battles on crappy stages?

detonator512

Smash Cadet
Now look at us. We treat this like it's the olympics. We don't play with items.
Who said we didn't use items? Just saying, people still do. And, the olyimpics? I know it's competive and all, but aren't we still having fun even if we lose in a tourney? You get to try, try, and try again until you've reached the top. So, if you think we're too competitive with this game fine. Also, Find out that Smash bros. can be fun if people are competitive. It's just the way it is.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

The beauty of Smash Bros is that the game is totally customizable. People can play however they want. Some choose to play stock matches, others time matches. Some play without items, some play with them. To some Smash Bros is an ultra fun casual party game, to others it is the most competitive fighting game to be had. No one is right or wrong, because of beauty of Smash Bros is that it's whatever you want it to be.

Personally, I think people who prejudge the game before release are jumping the gun a bit. Saying that X feature must be turned off, or X stage must be banned or X moveset will surely be cheap is pretty premature until we've actually played the game. As for me, I'm going to play all the modes, characters and features with my friends and try to keep an open mind. Then we'll decide for ourselves how to play Smash Bros, as can you and everyone else. Just like it's always been.

Yeah, most of us do take Smash Bros too seriously. But really, can you blame us? Melee is the best game ever made, and Brawl looks as though its going rock all kinds of awesome!

BAWWWWW

Smash Rookie
bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Also, LOWWWWWWWWWW TIERRRRRRRRRRR CHARACTER

Snacks will return

Smash Rookie
Haven't you ever heard the saying less is more? It's true. By limiting what you can do for all players who play competitively, you get to form strategies and tricks in order to defeat someone with less tactics. How is that not bring more gameplay than playing the same lame random battles on crappy stages?
Same random battles? LOL WUT

Spoilers: you can still build strategies regardless of the stage and item settings.
It's not hard to learn to catch thrown items mid-air, and not hard to dodge on the ground.

Suprisingly, having more on your proverbial plate at a time means you have more complex strategies to build, allowing and/or forcing you to become more adaptive instead of using the same stock "strategy" over and over and over LOLCHAINTHROW

Also, it appears the cavalry has arrived

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
But, in this world, trophies are made to fight, they're the rules. It's serious business.

Now gtfo troll

Hexagon

Smash Rookie
why would Nintendo put all these items and levels in the game if they didn't want you to use them, why cant you just adapt to the random occurrence that is somebody gets a item box or a platform breaks.
adaptation is also part of skill

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
@ Bendu: You made an awesome post there, and I agree on all levels. That's the kind of attitude that more people really need to have about this whole situation.
Thank you, I try. It just amazes me not really how angry people get about a video game, but mostly about how angry they get on the interwebs. Not only do people jump to conclusions possibly even more than in the real world (which is strange, because you can review everything anybody says if you don't quite get it.) but they're much more defensive, even though they're mostly detached from the situation.

I've insulted my fair share of people on the internet, I'll admit, I'm a pretty mean guy. But I'm pretty proud of myself for never really getting angry or overreacting to a situation on the webs. If you're going to insult someone, insult someone because they're being stupid, not just because you're angry. Otherwise you just look dumb.

Also, it looks like we've got a page stretch on our hands. Oh noes! We need to fix our intrawebs! Get the doctor! (Edit: Not THIS page... last page... And stuff. Yos.)

SiD

Smash Master
why would Nintendo put all these items and levels in the game if they didn't want you to use them, why cant you just adapt to the random occurrence that is somebody gets a item box or a platform breaks.
adaptation is also part of skill
Yeah, I'm not trying to say you shouldn't use items if you enjoy it, but they also give you the option to turn them off. Why would they do that if they didn't want you to use it? Many people don't like how random it can become if you use items or play on certain stages. Go ahead and use them, but I don't think it's fair to criticize on another style of play because you don't personally enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom