• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys need to listen to yourselves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snacks will return

Smash Rookie
If there was a way it was supposed to be played, why are there options to change that?
Whenever one of you decides to go all SSJ3 on somebody who doesn't agree with what you think about the game, just remember this quote.

We know that the game can be played differently, what provokes us to coming onto this board is that a lot of you don't seem to get this idea. Seemingly to have it stuck in your head that random occurrences and items are pure evil and must be eradicated in the name of competitive battling.

Feel free to go on about your preferences and how you like to play in tournaments just don't go f*cking crazy and say that it's any style of play aside from the "competitive way" is no fun at all and that SAKURAI JUST RUINED YOUR WEEK

Oh and by the way, try Mario Party next. I would f*cking love to see you try and turn it into a competitive game NO ITEMS NO MINIGAMES STRAIGHT COURSE NO DICE ROLLS EVERY PLAYER MOVES 1 STEP EACH TURN. Then somebody will find a glitch and somehow make it a legitimate move for tournament play

SiD

Smash Master
to tweak the settings, not to remove chunks of the game
And what, may I ask, is the difference? What "tweaks" can you make that don't remove something from the game?

Feel free to go on about your preferences and how you like to play in tournaments just don't go f*cking crazy and say that it's any style of play aside from the "competitive way" is no fun at all and that SAKURAI JUST RUINED YOUR WEEK
I do agree with you there my friend.

Hexagon

Smash Rookie
i dunno i just feel ungrateful to the developers for the making the game if i play with no items and only a select few levels, each piece of the game has had a large amount of effort put into it for the consumer to appreciate.

SiD

Smash Master
item appearance chance
So you think that should be the only thing you can change? To force everyone to play the way you want to? That's just as stupid as competitive players bashing people who use items.

EDIT: I know your new but don't double post, click the edit button.

As for your other point, I did play with all the content for years, but after that got old playing competitively brought new life into the game for me.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
So you think that should be the only thing you can change? To force everyone to play the way you want to? That's just as stupid as competitive players bashing people who use items.

EDIT: I know your new but don't double post, click the edit button.
Actually, an item appearance chance would still allow you to play the way you want to. It'd just be like a more advanced version of the item switch. Set the chance to 0 and no items, anything above that, and you have items.

Hexagon

Smash Rookie
not quite, i think that the game can be enjoyed just as much with the random things in it and moving levels, the only thing i will not tollerate in a friendly game is wavedashing, seriously anyone that doesnt call it a glitch is just lying to themselves, it shouldnt be possible to slide around like greased up monkeys

SiD

Smash Master
Actually, an item appearance chance would still allow you to play the way you want to. It'd just be like a more advanced version of the item switch. Set the chance to 0 and no items, anything above that, and you have items.
Well yeah, I don't think that's what he meant.

And wavedashing isn't exactly a glitch, although I don't want it to return in Brawl. Though lets leave that debate to the 400 threads dedicated to it.

Snacks will return

Smash Rookie
I do agree with you there
Right. We have that sorted out, now there's still the problem that some of you seem to be elitist f*ggots who seem to think that brawl should be centered entirely around you.

I can't remember who, but one of you said that Brawl will cater to the 6 year olds, the little sisters and the *******.

So you're saying anybody who doesn't want to play by YOUR rules fits into one of these three catagories? How about adding in another labeled "Somebody who just wants to have fun playing either by themselves or with friends, who prefer the unpredictability that items and some stages bring"?

You KNOW you will have your final destination and battlefield stages, you KNOW there will an option to turn items off, why the f*ck are you whining? Because Brawl will contain features that you don't want to use? Anybody who whines at a feature that THEY won't use, but OTHER people will is f*cking pathetic.

SiD

Smash Master
Right. We have that sorted out, now there's still the problem that some of you seem to be elitist f*ggots who seem to think that brawl should be centered entirely around you.

I can't remember who, but one of you said that Brawl will cater to the 6 year olds, the little sisters and the *******.

So you're saying anybody who doesn't want to play by YOUR rules fits into one of these three catagories? How about adding in another labeled "Somebody who just wants to have fun playing either by themselves or with friends, who prefer the unpredictability that items and some stages bring"?

You KNOW you will have your final destination and battlefield stages, you KNOW there will an option to turn items off, why the f*ck are you whining? Because Brawl will contain features that you don't want to use? Anybody who whines at a feature that THEY won't use, but OTHER people will is f*cking pathetic.
QFT, people do get way overzealous about things sometimes.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
not quite, i think that the game can be enjoyed just as much with the random things in it and moving levels, the only thing i will not tollerate in a friendly game is wavedashing, seriously anyone that doesnt call it a glitch is just lying to themselves, it shouldnt be possible to slide around like greased up monkeys
What they don't tell you about Luigi is that his shoes are actually made of oil slicks. That's why he's so good at wavedashing.

Also, I don't know about you, but in my real life I always do a short hop and then dodge into the floor so I can slide places. It's kind of my thing.

SiD

Smash Master
What they don't tell you about Luigi is that his shoes are actually made of oil slicks. That's why he's so good at wavedashing.

Also, I don't know about you, but in my real life I always do a short hop and then dodge into the floor so I can slide places. It's kind of my thing.
You're my new sidekick. BTW, I'm God.

Sigged!

Samochan

Smash Master
to tweak the settings, not to remove chunks of the game
We can tweak the stage settings, we can remove items from play, we can play with stocks and friendly fire on, and we can set timer. How's that removing chunks from game when we plain and simply tweak settings? We can still choose to play on counterpick stages, there's a whole 5 stages as a neutral stage, 6 on teams, lots of counterpick stages, every character is used more or less on competitive play.

On last tournament cause we had so much extra time, we held 2 more tourneys and guess what they were? Items cept healing on, all stages, random characters on every match and teams, and the other one was all C.Falcon teams, all stages on. Me and my teammate won the item tourney twice in a row and it had nothing to do with our skill, other than if it were a regular match, we wouldn't stood a chance. It was extremely funny, bo-omb walks to the ledge and stays there, effectively edgeguarding another player off stage.:laugh: But even when is was fun, it was no where near balanced. I mean, Bowser vs Ness and Marth on Flat Zone. >_> It was as imba as it gets, really. I wouldn't want to earn any money by pure luck, it makes me no happy to win if it was supposed to be skill vs skill match and then some random crate happened to blow when he was trying to finish me with fsmash. The other guy feels cheated and I get no satisfaction from beating this guy. Nobody wins. >_> Competitive playing and tournaments are those places where you pit skill against skill and see who's the best, just like every other competitive thing on this whole wide world. Is it somehow wrong to apply the same thing to smash?

I'm sick of these ignorant arguments about how this game is supposed to be played. Every gamer plays with their own style. Are the Japanese competitive players somehow more wrong than us Euro and American players cause they mostly play on FD with 5 or 3 stocks instead of 4? No. So cut the crap, please, and try to form some real arguments for a change.

Hexagon

Smash Rookie
We can tweak the stage settings, we can remove items from play, we can play with stocks and friendly fire on, and we can set timer. How's that removing chunks from game when we plain and simply tweak settings? We can still choose to play on counterpick stages, there's a whole 5 stages as a neutral stage, 6 on teams, lots of counterpick stages, every character is used more or less on competitive play.

On last tournament cause we had so much extra time, we held 2 more tourneys and guess what they were? Items cept healing on, all stages, random characters on every match and teams, and the other one was all C.Falcon teams, all stages on. Me and my teammate won the item tourney twice in a row and it had nothing to do with our skill, other than if it were a regular match, we wouldn't stood a chance. It was extremely funny, bo-omb walks to the ledge and stays there, effectively edgeguarding another player off stage.:laugh: But even when is was fun, it was no where near balanced. I mean, Bowser vs Ness and Marth on Flat Zone. >_> It was as imba as it gets, really. I wouldn't want to earn any money by pure luck, it makes me no happy to win if it was supposed to be skill vs skill match and then some random crate happened to blow when he was trying to finish me with fsmash. The other guy feels cheated and I get no satisfaction from beating this guy. Nobody wins. >_>

I'm sick of these ignorant arguments about how this game is supposed to be played. Every gamer plays with their own style. Are the Japanese competitive players somehow more wrong than us Euro and American players cause they mostly play on FD with 5 or 3 stocks instead of 4? No. So cut the crap, please, and try to form some real arguments for a change.
im not trying to tell anyone how to play, i just think a good deal of the features in the game are turned off unjustly, i can understand the flat zone and health recovery items being turned off.

i just dont like how some people think no items + final destination = ULTRAWIN SKILLFULL I RUL AT TEH WAEVDERSHIN TONAMANTS

SiD

Smash Master
Turned off unjustly you say, and yet you also claim to not be trying to tell people how to play. That comes off as somewhat of a contradiction to me.

Hexagon

Smash Rookie
what i cant contradict myself now?

its a game play it or not however you want, ill do it my way and you stop doing it your way

Samochan

Smash Master
why would Nintendo put all these items and levels in the game if they didn't want you to use them, why cant you just adapt to the random occurrence that is somebody gets a item box or a platform breaks.
adaptation is also part of skill
This is you telling us how to play this game. So you're contradicting yourself with your recent posts and trying to claim you didn't say this. >_> We do not stop playing our way, we like competition and that's how it stays. GTFO if you're not interested in the competitive side of smash, this is smashboards, not gamefaqs or NSider. We play this way and you play that way, you cannot force us competitive gamers to play your way even if in your mind it's the only way to play this game, which it isn't.

It's hard enough to adapt and observe what the opponent does and search for openings, I do not need a random capsule out of nowhere dropping on my head and exploding just as I've found that one opening and go for it, costing me the match and 10,000 dollars. >_> (hypotethical, I do not earn such amount of money ever :p, but things like this has happened)

We do not need everyone telling us how we play is wrong in many aspects and bash us for that. Competitive players are usually intelligent, but generalizing just cause some random scrub comes out and says "items are for noobs" ect. doesn't make all competitive players the same. I do not wish to bash casual gamers, but it seems now that it's mostly casuals trying and lashing out on competitive players, not the other way around. Casual gamers are not bad people, I just hate those people who think they know everything and everyone else is wrong. This goes to both competitive and casuals players alike. So let's quit this nonsense and make peace, not war.

Hexagon

Smash Rookie
This is you telling us how to play this game. So you're contradicting yourself with your recent posts and trying to claim you didn't say this. >_> We do not stop playing our way, we like competition and that's how it stays. GTFO if you're not interested in the competitive side of smash, this is smashboards, not gamefaqs or NSider. We play this way and you play that way, you cannot force us competitive gamers to play your way even if in your mind it's the only way to play this game, which it isn't.

It's hard enough to adapt and observe what the opponent does and search for openings, I do not need a random capsule out of nowhere dropping on my head and exploding just as I've found that one opening and go for it, costing me the match and 10,000 dollars. >_> (hypotethical, I do not earn such amount of money ever :p, but things like this has happened)

We do not need everyone telling us how we play is wrong in many aspects and bash us for that. Competitive players are usually intelligent, but generalizing just cause some random scrub comes out and says "items are for noobs" ect. doesn't make all competitive players the same. I do not wish to bash casual gamers, but it seems now that it's mostly casuals trying and lashing out on competitive players, not the other way around. Casual gamers are not bad people, I just hate those people who think they know everything and everyone else is wrong. This goes to both competitive and casuals players alike. So let's quit this nonsense and make peace, not war.
OH GOD THE WALL OF TEXT IS CRUSHING MY SPLEEN WHY GOD WHY!!!

but really im just going with what ive heard on the internet, also read post 99 and it will explain the meaning of the universe.
im just on here for a bit of fun i probably wont come back after today

Snacks will return

Smash Rookie
read post 99
Yeah it says "what i cant contradict myself now?".

Of course you can contradict yourself, but why the f*ck would you want to? It does nothing beneficial for your argument and actually harms it, plus it shows you're unsure about what you know or think and you really should shut up if you can't even get your argument straight.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Items are banned to show how much an expert is afraid of a n00b... exploding capsules that appear right in front of them (the expert) during an attack, therefore killing them.
I fixed that statement.

EDIT: Oh, and anybody who thinks we, the competitive Smash community (I really need some new things to say), are scrubs who play the game wrong; how about you people who want to play with items start your own competitive circuit. We'll see how it turns out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The funny (IE: Really sad and pathetic) is the majority of people complaining about how things affecting competative play, forgive me for this, aren't that great themselves. They like the idea of things being simple to make fights as fair as can be, which is all well and good until they start abusing those who have diferent views.

Which of course, then you have the more "less serious" oriented players then abusing the more pro ones and then it spirals out of control until you get a large pile of hate and poop, which is what this topic has become.

For gods sake, ITS A GAME! I dare to wonder what would happen with you lot if this was something like religion you were arguing about.

See what I did there? Yup, I went there.

Now shut up. If someone likes something that you don't? Good for them. You don't like it? Good for you. But don't go on about how YOUR idea is right, while others are wrong. This goes for both sides on this. We should all be banding together to enjoy the next installment, not seperating into diferent camps, arguing, fighting, bickering like something that bockers...whatever. My point? Grow the hell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom