• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are impossible to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
All it explains is that this thread is still correct. Seriously, have you ever considered reading what you've been typing? The thread title explains your situation.
Well its not impossible and i we dont expect to be 100% pleased just relativly so yaknow it doesnt prove the topic write.

True Fool

Smash Ace
The roster was only disappointing at first because all of the coolest new characters were shown first. Everyone expected about twenty more new characters, all hand-picked from their favorite game.

After that shock wore off I remembered all of the great new characters we got, and all of the awesome new features. And then I slowly loved all of the other new characters as well.

And I really like the way the game is now, I'm glad that competitive play isn't based around finger-speed anymore.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Being pissed doesn't get anything, it doesnt change anything, it's just bloody annoying.
Suck it up and get over it >_> If you don't like what was chosen then don't get the game.
If you don't like how the game was made, go make one yourself.
If you don't like the characters that were in go try to do something better yourself.
If you don't like all the kickass -NEW- features that were added go else where.
The game is done, your pointless whining and moaning isnt going to make the game change it isnt going to make more characters instantly appear, it isnt going to make the game any different.

Just STFU enjoy the game or just go somewhere else, or don't buy it.

/end rant

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Take a look at my sig, and note how I'm not complaining about the roster anymore. So tell me, who's in denial? BAMMMMM! faulty point!! and there is no right or wrong as i have said in a previuos post (ugh its like talking to sumwon with short term memory loss) im just speaking for the majority who were dissapointed how sakurai spent less time on the big things and more on the little.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Being pissed doesn't get anything, it doesnt change anything, it's just bloody annoying.
Suck it up and get over it >_> If you don't like what was chosen then don't get the game.
If you don't like how the game was made, go make one yourself.
If you don't like the characters that were in go try to do something better yourself.
If you don't like all the kickass -NEW- features that were added go else where.
The game is done, your pointless whining and moaning isnt going to make the game change it isnt going to make more characters instantly appear, it isnt going to make the game any different.

Just STFU enjoy the game or just go somewhere else, or don't buy it.

/end rant
Ughhh Idont like how the game was made, it should ahve and could have been made alot better and was expected to be made alot better, and i could have made a better roster, and alot of ppl on the boards had wayy better ideas for story mode the features arent kickass they are minor and not important to the games core. and this thread is whining and moaning about whining and moaning so its asking for trouble anyways.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Take a look at my sig, and note how I'm not complaining about the roster anymore. So tell me, who's in denial? BAMMMMM! faulty point!! and there is no right or wrong as i have said in a previuos post (ugh its like talking to sumwon with short term memory loss) im just speaking for the majority who were dissapointed how sakurai spent less time on the big things and more on the little.
You still haven't proven anything. How's that faulty? And I've already said that there's no way to prove anything here and neither of us can be wrong or right in this arguement, so now you're just repeating me.

I'm in the same boat as you are; my favorite character did not get in as a playable character (that's all it boils down to, don't bother trying to refute it). I'm just offering up the more logical explanation and you are refusing to acknowledge it. So, yeah.

Also, are you not reading any of the previous posts? (by anyone?)

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
I agree with you completely. Those who complain about the game after Sakurai did everything he could don't even deserve the game.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
You still haven't proven anything. How's that faulty? And I've already said that there's no way to prove anything here and neither of us can be wrong or right in this arguement, so now you're just repeating me.

I'm in the same boat as you are; my favorite character did not get in as a playable character (that's all it boils down to, don't bother trying to refute it). I'm just offering up the most logical explanation and you are refusing to acknowledge it. So, yeah.
That quote had nothing to do with the argument thats how it was faulty and i know u are offering a logical explanation, im just portraying on how most of the fans wanted it and how it could have been better.
And im pretty much replying to every post lololol with my own contradicting points, as you should know.

imwaytoogood

Smash Rookie
Fans: We want Sonic!
Sakurai: Ok.
Fans: We want online!
Sakurai: Ok.
Fans: We want a better adventure mode!
Sakurai: Ok, here's the SSE.
Fans: We want a ton of awesome and cool features!
Sakurai: Ok, here's Stage Builder, taking snapshots, four possible controllers, tons of customization such as my music, the addition of Assist Trophies and Final Smashes, and tons of amazing new modes.
*brawl comes out*
Fans: WHAT? No Megaman/Ridley/Issac/Geno/whoever? No DLC? Despite all the new modes and features that makes Brawl the ulitmate dream fan gaem, because of this one little detail, Brawl SUCKS! I hate you Sakurai! I totally do not appriciate all you've done to make this game incredible, when there wouldn't even BE a Brawl if it weren't for you!
I totally agree. Although I do wish there were statistics tracked for online play.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That quote had nothing to do with the argument thats how it was faulty and i know u are offering a logical explanation, im just portraying on how most of the fans wanted it and how it could have been better.
I know, the quote you had from me was just trying to establish that I'm with you in the non-100% satisfied with the roster group.

Of course it could have been better, but it could never be perfect. Hence this thread.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Well its not impossible and i we dont expect to be 100% pleased just relativly so yaknow it doesnt prove the topic write.
Okay, so it's not impossible.
It's next to that.

Other than the roster, what other "big" things are there to complain about? SSE? According to your original post, you wanted voice actors and a better storyline. Voice actors? Since when has that ever gone right? Storyline? This is Nintendo. You're in the wrong place for that.
EDIT: Also, SSE is long enough. The game is was meant for party play, anyways.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
I know, the quote you had from me was just trying to establish that I'm with you in the non-100% satisfied with the roster group.

Of course it could have been better, but it could never be perfect. Hence this thread.
Nowon expected it to be perfect, just alot better than it turned out to be, and if that wasnt the case this thread wouldnt b existant.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so it's not impossible.
It's next to that.

Other than the roster, what other "big" things are there to complain about? SSE? According to your original post, you wanted voice actors and a better storyline. Voice actors? Since when has that ever gone right? Storyline? This is Nintendo. You're in the wrong place for that.
See mario rpg, zelda alttp and oot for storyline and i know i said voice actors but dialogue would have been just as good. Instead of grunts.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Ughhh Idont like how the game was made, it should ahve and could have been made alot better and was expected to be made alot better, and i could have made a better roster, and alot of ppl on the boards had wayy better ideas for story mode the features arent kickass they are minor and not important to the games core. and this thread is whining and moaning about whining and moaning so its asking for trouble anyways.
Lol, what a fool

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Um, your first post pretty much said that.
No i was pointing out what majority wanted, for it to be perfect it would have to have what everywon wanted. Meaning it would haveto have like 1000 balanced(everywons favorite) characters, and the best story mode in videogame history. But the majority wanted a really good story and an impressive of the most demanded and popular characters.

edited.

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Okay well theres is no download content, the Wii can't have a dedicated hard drive,
so the last option is to have expansion disks. (i.e Final Fantasy 8 and 9).
other than that theres no more room to ask for more.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Okay well theres is no download content, the Wii can't have a dedicated hard drive,
so the last option is to have expansion disks. (i.e Final Fantasy 8 and 9).
other than that theres no more room to ask for more.
take away stickers and masterpieces and thers plenty of room

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No i was pointing out what majority wanted, for it to be perfect it would have to have what everywon wanted. Meaning it would haveto have like 1000 balanced(everywons favorite) characters, and the best story mode in videogame history. But the majority wanted a really good story and a few of the most demanded and popular characters.
I don't think too many people were clamoring for the best Adventure Mode story ever before the SSE was revealed.

King Dedede, Sonic, Diddy Kong, Ike, Wario, Olimar....

Also, you're trying to intertwine two different arguements here, one being the roster not being perfect. I'm with you there.

Then there's the one about Masterpieces/Stickers taking the place of more characters. I'm against you there, and there's no way we could prove it, but it's very illogical.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
I don't think too many people were clamoring for the best Adventure Mode story ever before the SSE was revealed.

King Dedede, Sonic, Diddy Kong, Ike, Wario, Olimar....
only 3 of them were wanted more or the same as geno ridly and krystal.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you had a major error there. Had to fix that.

Story is included in gameplay, If link never went traveld through time and grew up, got sent to the dark world, or zelda didnt get captured all these years the zelda games wouldnt be nearly as good.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
only 3 of them were wanted more or the same as geno ridly and krystal.
Yes. And you got them, and them some. So once again, I ask you, if the roster just had +Geno, Ridley and Krystal, would you be stretching to complain about other little details?

Also, you're trying to intertwine two different arguements here, one being the roster not being perfect. I'm with you there.

Then there's the one about Masterpieces/Stickers taking the place of more characters. I'm against you there, and there's no way we could prove it, but it's very illogical.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i would have been happy if he would have made a melee 2.0
I'm a whole lot happier with brawl....anything to keep that smash flow going

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Yes. And you got them, and them some. So once again, I ask you, if the roster just had +Geno, Ridley and Krystal, would you be stretching to complain about other little details?

I already said alot less people would be complaining if they got on as they are the majority left out fan favorites. and im not stickin around here all night so ill answere the stickers thing since you agree with me on the roster. I know i couldnt prove it but its common sense, none of us would have cared if stickers and masterpeices were left out, they were just meaningless addons thats time could have been used on sumthing better (rosta n 1 playa)

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Story is included in gameplay, If link never went traveld through time and grew up, got sent to the dark world, or zelda didnt get captured all these years the zelda games wouldnt be nearly as good.
And THAT'S your great storyline?
Time travel? Going do an alternate dimension? A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS?!
Trust me, story isn't as important as you're making it out. They could've done the same dungeons/bosses/game without time travelolz.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I already said alot less people would be complaining if they got on as they are the majority left out fan favorites. and im not stickin around here all night so ill answere the stickers thing since you agree with me on the roster. I know i couldnt prove it but its common sense, none of us would have cared if stickers and masterpeices were left out, they were just meaningless addons thats time could have been used on sumthing better (rosta n 1 playa)
If Sakurai was at the point where he was simply adding-on things, then I'm sure character development time was done and over with (with the possible exception of Sonic). As far as roster choice goes, you'd have to take that up with Sakurai himself.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
And THAT'S your great storyline?
Time travel? Going do an alternate dimension? A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS?!
Trust me, story isn't as important as you're making it out. They could've done the same dungeons/bosses/game without time travelolz.
Its how it all peiced together you could have easily said kid went to a fair, went through time and helped people, for chrono trigger and it doesnt even come close to the actual whole story comming together, and story is everything in an adventure game, especially these days when we've explored in almost all of the different gameplay categories possible.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
If Sakurai was at the point where he was simply adding-on things, then I'm sure character development time was done and over with (with the possible exception of Sonic). As far as roster choice goes, you'd have to take that up with Sakurai himself.
yeah and he could have increased the roster development and improved on the roster instead of adding knew things.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Its how it all peiced together you could have easily said kid went to a fair, went through time and helped people, for chrono trigger and it doesnt even come close to the actual whole story comming together, and story is everything in an adventure game, especially these days when we've explored in almost all of the different gameplay categories possible.
Never played Chrono Trigger.
Also, SSBB isn't an adventure game. :lick:
EDIT: How do you know that every category possible HAS been explored? LOLPROOFPLS

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
yeah and he could have increased the roster development and improved on the roster instead of adding knew things.
I'm quite sure he took it as far as he wanted to. Yes, he could have added more. But that would take more development time, and everyone was already down his throat about the delays.

I was pretty disappointed when I found out Krystal wasn't playable. But then I turned around and looked at the big picture. It's huge. If everyone would be willing to do that, there would be a lot less complaining.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
I still can't believe Krystal is such a popular character choice here... First of all, she's disliked in most communities out there (just not this one for whatever reason) as a symbol of Star Fox's decline and the generic tacked-on main character love interest, I'm not sure why everyone thinks she's a must-have.

But more importantly, we've got some people complaining about "three fox clones wah!!" already. Why exactly do we want a fourth one? We already have the two main characters in the series and the foremost supporting character, why is a much more minor supporting character from only the more recent games so pined after? The staff? The boobs? Give me a break...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I still can't believe Krystal is such a popular character choice here... First of all, she's disliked in most communities out there (just not this one for whatever reason) as a symbol of Star Fox's decline and the generic tacked-on main character love interest, I'm not sure why everyone thinks she's a must-have.

But more importantly, we've got some people complaining about "three fox clones wah!!" already. Why exactly do we want a fourth one? We already have the two main characters in the series and the foremost supporting character, why is a much more minor supporting character from only the more recent games so pined after? The staff? The boobs? Give me a break...
Ugh, don't even start that in here.

*and yes, the staff.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I'd much rather have stage-designer and SSE, even more than Issac and any other of my faves if they were offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom