• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are impossible to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Fans: We want Sonic!
Sakurai: Ok.
Fans: We want online!
Fans: We want a better adventure mode!
Sakurai: Ok, here's the SSE.
Fans: We want a ton of awesome and cool features!
Sakurai: Ok, here's Stage Builder, taking snapshots, four possible controllers, tons of customization such as my music, the addition of Assist Trophies and Final Smashes, and tons of amazing new modes.
*brawl comes out*
Fans: WHAT? No Megaman/Ridley/Issac/Geno/whoever? No DLC? Despite all the new modes and features that makes Brawl the ulitmate dream fan gaem, because of this one little detail, Brawl SUCKS! I hate you Sakurai! I totally do not appriciate all you've done to make this game incredible, when there wouldn't even BE a Brawl if it weren't for you!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I completely agree with you, but I cannot help but feel this thread is a month old.

I think most people have come to accept the elements of the game that didn't meet their high demands, namely the character roster, and appreciated Brawl for what it is; a masterpiece.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
It's true being spoiled is bad but if we don't' want all that extra stuff then the game will never progress , it'll just remain the same and eventually die out . If you have fans breathing down your throat whit their demands you're bound to do improve or add SOMETHING and that is good for everyone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic was the only one of those things I wanted so I only got 1 of those...

I think I can complain about characters, but I don't really care anymore

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
I also completely agree. I am very appreciative of everything. I cant wait for stage builder and wifi thats what i look forward to the most. And as for character selection if you want the char's of your choice in the game make your own.

iron blade

Smash Ace
It does seem a bit old, but yea. I've agreed with this for several months. But no matter what Sakurai includes, they will still find something to complain about.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Man, you missed the party, most of the whining you're talking about is over.
Actually, these boards have been getting better lately.

Also, what? Who said this?

Tell me so I can kindly punch them in the face.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i agree with all of this. the only thing i would complain about really is the lack of backgrounds for the stage builder (which is hardly a major problem is it?). sakurai did brilliantly with this game but unfortuneatly there are always gonna be people who are unhappy about something and will cry and moan non-stop about it.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
It's true being spoiled is bad but if we don't' want all that extra stuff then the game will never progress , it'll just remain the same and eventually die out . If you have fans breathing down your throat whit their demands you're bound to do improve or add SOMETHING and that is good for everyone.
New characters aren't demands that would evolve the game, only enhance it. If fans had their way, each game would only be the same gameplay as the last one but with new characters and stages, and the game would die out faster. Gameplay evolution comes first and everything else is just fluff.

Ignis

Smash Rookie
Yes, I'm sure that Nintendo would have completely dropped this cash-crop of a franchise if Sakurai had decided not to head Brawl.

*rolls eyes*

Roman.

Smash Champion
This may be try but we're still buying his game, all of us! We are even getting others to buy it too that have never been interested. Of course we all beg for more to make this game more lovable but if we didn't, he would think "Job well done, I guess putting Sonic did it, might as well stop now." We motivate Sakurai to make this game as great as it is. He isn't grateful enough for our greediness XDDD

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Your Mom isn't impossible to please! :chuckle:

but in all seriousness, I'm completely happy with the game. I mean, more characters would be awesome, but I'm happy with what we have now. I just need it in my hands and I'll be good.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
New characters aren't demands that would evolve the game, only enhance it. If fans had their way, each game would only be the same gameplay as the last one but with new characters and stages, and the game would die out faster. Gameplay evolution comes first and everything else is just fluff.
But chars such as the pokemon trainer do enhance the gameplay by being so much different than everybody else...such are the chars i'm referring to.

And most fans can't really demand gameplay innovations since they don't' fully comprehend all that makes certain gameplay forms be fun so they can't really demand anythign feasible.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
there are a lot of negative threads but they have been disappearing lately, but this game has a plethora of other features, and there are more than enough characters to please everyone, i don't understand how someone could be disappointed in this game..

mas369

Smash Apprentice
But chars such as the pokemon trainer do enhance the gameplay by being so much different than everybody else...such are the chars i'm referring to.

And most fans can't really demand gameplay innovations since they don't' fully comprehend all that makes certain gameplay forms be fun so they can't really demand anythign feasible.
Yeah, on that first part I agree, but characters like that are one in a million and aren't as asked for as the big characters, which would play just like everyone else

And even though fans can't ask for the gameplay innovations, how they play the previous game is one of the most deciding factors in gameplay evolution.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I have not seen a decent complaint threads worth replying to in days. Who exactly is this directed toward?

Embrio

Smash Cadet
Actually it's more like this:

Fans: Can we have a large character roster with no clones and some 3rd part characters?

Sak: Nope

Fans: Oh okay....well what happen to that 50 character roster you promised?

Sak: I lied

Fans: I see....okay then can we at least have no clones?

Fans: Why not?

Sak: Because I'm to lazy to create original chars with there own movesets....even if the
character roster is small like how it is now

Fans: Can we at least lower the number of clones this time?

Sak: Nope, in fact Im including more clones this time around which will include Luigi,Ike,Lucario,Lucas,Toon Link,Falco,Wolf and Ganon.

Fans: Oh ****, well can we at least have a good game engine that plays like Melee so the game can have a competitive scene?

Sak: Nope, I dont give a **** about the competitive scene so im making this game play like SBB64

Fans: So basically u dont care about what the fans want and u only care about a paycheck

Sak: That is correct

It's not about fans being hard to please...its more about developers being lazy and unwilling to listen to fans.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Fans: Can we have a large character roster with no clones and some 3rd part characters?

Sak: Because I'm to lazy to create original chars with there own movesets....even if the

Sak: Nope, in fact Im including more clones this time around which will include Luigi,Ike,Lucario,Lucas,Toon Link,Falco,Wolf and Ganon.

Fans: Oh ****, well can we at least have a good game engine that plays like Melee so the game can have a competitive scene?

Sak: Nope, I dont give a **** about the competitive scene so im making this game play like SBB64

Fans: So basically u dont care about what the fans want and u only care about a paycheck

It's not about fans being hard to please...its more about developers being lazy and unwilling to listen to fans.
Unwilling to listen to fans, huh. Tell that to everyone else who got their favorite characters in.

Embrio: What happened to that 50 character roster you promised

Sakurai: I didn't promise anything like that

Downfall

Smash Apprentice

I'M COMPLETELY PICKY AND CAN'T ENJOY SOMETHING FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH AND ***** AND MOAN ABOUT LITTLE ASPECTS THAT REALLY DON'T MATTER IN THE LONG RUN ALSO I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME YET I CAN STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERY LITTLE DETAIL.
Fix'd.

Also; "Clones like" "Luigi,Ike,Lucario"

What?

"game play like SBB64"

WHAT?

Jesus Christ shut up. Your stupid's filling my head.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I didn't care if there was any of those things that are in the game. All I wanted characters, mainly Ridley. But I think everybody is over all of this so whatever.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
Man, you missed the party, most of the whining you're talking about is over.
Actually, these boards have been getting better lately.

Also, what? Who said this?

Tell me so I can kindly punch them in the face.
A lot of Nintendo fans wished there was an actual story where all Nintendo characters team up and now they did.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
Its true, and it disgust me how people keep crying for more. They already got more than they deserve.
Through its not bad to wish for more :)

Embrio

Smash Cadet
Well im not going to aplogize for having high standards and wanting the biggest bang for my buck. As a paying customer Im entittled to my own opinion, and IMO sak let the fans down. I can't approve of the clone chars or the dated gameplay or the small roster....I had expectations that this game failed to reach. Did we really need so many clones....couldnt Sak just take 1 or 2 more days to develop new chars with unique movesets.

Machete

Smash Ace
Fans: We want Sonic!
Fans: We want online!
Fans: We want a ton of awesome and cool features!
Sakurai: Ok, here's Stage Builder, taking snapshots, four possible controllers, tons of customization such as my music, the addition of Assist Trophies and Final Smashes, and tons of amazing new modes.
Well excuuuuuuuse me princess, but some people don't want to take snapshots, Assist Trophies (the pokéballs are enough), co-op in Home-Run Contest, the SSE (which, excluding the cutscenes, sucks), thousands of stickers...

Many of us only wanted more characters and stages and no... masterpieces and stickers. Ok, the stage builder is cool (although pretty basic), but that's the only good new mode. And the on-line is quite bad.

Also, who's complaining now? I can't see the point of this thread.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I'll tell you what the problem is.

People got so twisted up, not just in their own wants, but the wants of people in contact with them. The Ridley, Geno, Issac, Krystal clubs, you know? When you get that many people saying pretty much the same thing to each other, a possibly becomes a certainty in their minds. Besdies, since there's a mighty big club, and other, similar clubs in other places o the internet, that means that the majority wants this character, right? And Sakurai would naturally want to please the majority! And that's us! Right?!

Wrong. Sakurai wasn't aiming this product at any of us. Users on Smashboards.com, Brawlcentral and other forums probably didn't ever even enter his mind. Why, you ask?

Because we are a very small slice of a very, very large pie. That pie being every human being in a country with electricity between 6 and 30. Most of which wouldn't recognize Geno, don't care about Ridley and didn't make their own little fan clubs all over the place. Sakurai never even knew that Club Musicnote-star-questionmark-exclamation or however you spell Geno's name even existed.

People think they're so **** important these days. But to a multinational corporation, we're all just one out of a billion. Economics, son.

I'm looking at you, Embrion.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

Give or take one or two minor flaws in this post, and you'll realise that this is actually closer to the truth.

If you pretend that the game is perfect, or that Sonic somehow makes up for it, or that Sakurai really tried his hardest to please fans, then you really are just in denial.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
A lot of Nintendo fans wished there was an actual story where all Nintendo characters team up and now they did.
:laugh:
What? Of all games, you wanted a "actual story" in a fighting game?
Characters team up? Vs. mode, team match= Problem solved.

SSE isn't much more then that, expect you're limited to fighting computers...

I wish they would have just stuck with simple adventure mode and,focus the time and resources on other things(finishing the left over character data, more customizable stage builder options, etc.). SSE will just be forgotten after a couple of weeks anyway. (unless you want to unlock all the stickers and trophies , which still could have been done with a adventure mode..)

Ahh, but whatever. Nothing anyone says will change anything. Complaining over a finished product is a waste of time and, people have different priorities so, you can never get it just right.
Even if it is wanting a good story in a fighting game....

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
there isn't any l cancel or wavedash, yet I guess it asking to much to not take away techniques in a sequel

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
it really makes me angry when i see people cry over things they didnt get and say the things we did get arent good enough even though its more then what we expected and much more then we deserve. Just be happy brawl is as good as it is, if something isnt in the game you want theres a good reason for it. *****ing about it only gives the smash bros haters a reason to give brawl a 2/10. At least smash fans should support there own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom