• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, most of the "general public" in the Smash community cares more about Goku or something stupid like that than about anything FE related. Really most of the "general public" probably just want Marth, Ike and Roy because those are the only characters they know.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It depends on what you mean by general public. The FE fanbase is pretty divided about characters, but my guess is the newer fans would prefer an awakening rep. while everyone else, without respect to likelihood, picks their favorite characters. As the best selling game in a long time, Awakening has the largest and most active base to measure.

The Smash community seems to prefer Roy, but they aren't the general public either. But as a returning veteran, he doesn't rank as well when put as a returning veteran.

Brawl sold ten million, which is three million more than Melee. So by that, there are three million possible Smash fans that have no connections to Roy. There is no way to measure the actual general public. But I would guess that the FE fanbase (the audience that Smash 4's FE character inclusion should try to reach for new buyers) would prefer an Awakening rep. Roy's inclusion would excite the smash community, but it would be exciting people who were probably already going to buy the game.

Hong

The Strongest
After blocking it out of my mind since its announcement, I recently checked out Project M since its latest update.. What they did to Ike... makes him play out more true to his actual character. He is not as extreme: bit weaker, a lot faster, but still has a few slow punisher options. Quickdraw is a movement ability, and only becomes an attack with another button press. It makes Ike a very aggressive fighter who is always in the enemy's face. At the same time, overall he does not have the grace and agility of Marth, either. Just a more practical design that scales as players improve. Still needs balance tweaks, but a better direction overall.

Whether Ike comes back next game or he is replaced by someone else (since there is no reason to axe that play style), I hope he receives some speed adjustments. Since Namco came on board, Link, Samus and Bowser have all become faster characters. Smash Bros has just been doing slow a bit too slow. When combat is isolated and players improve, within a few months of release, players just don't get hit by slow attacks. They are not necessarily a bad thing, but they become an issue when the character is designed around it. You have tons of options when people make mistakes, too few when they don't. I played a lot of Bowser in Melee, and it always felt like 30% of my moveset was actively used, since many of his attacks couldn't punish even the clumsiest of whiffs.

If Quickdraw isn't being replaced, I wouldn't mind if it had a greater effect in shorter time, like if it did less damage but charged full almost immediately. Eruption is a nice nod towards Roy but... eh. The super armour part would be cooler if not for the fact the character already has a Counter move which serves some of the same purposes.

Ideally a character is simple to understand and applicable in both one on one and FFA situations, but they need to scale up as players step up their game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've been pondering a lot lately about a certain thought that won't leave my mind for some reason, a Fire Emblem x Smash Bros. crossover.

The game would be competitive, strategic, challenging, and best of all, ever changing.

Plot of the game is simple, it's basically Master Hand and Crazy Hand making characters fight each other, like in Smash. But they aren't simple fights, most of the time. But based in chapters, like in Fire Emblem. Mario could be pitted against Waddle Dees for one chapter, fight a Kirby related boss, meet Luigi in one of the next chapters, and in the final chapter, beat King Dedede.

Characters will not have 'set' abilities, but rather get tossed 'in there' (meaning, in the respective universe) with random levels most of the time. Depends on the goal of the fight, and the amount of chapters. Characters will have to get unlocked though, and you start with only a few. Just Mario, Kirby, Link, Samus, DK, Pikachu and Fox. And unlocking characters fully is quite a hard task.

For example, Mario unlocking Peach, would have Mario fighting through a few chapters to finally face Bowser, who's basically an overpowered boss character. But Peach gets freed in the middle of battle, and you have to make sure to protect her.

Will explain in more detail later, cause this is all just quickly typed.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm sorry I'll see it too maybe I'll like something :).
My recommendations: FE7x: Immortal Sword, FE: Eternal Bond, Elibian Nights, and Dream of Five.

Note that the last 3 are romhacks, and that only Elibian Nights is close to a final release.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Haven't seen any of them yet, but I'm planning to marathon them soon! Any others look really good?
Well, the ones I listed in my last post(Elibian Nights, Dream of Five) also look really good and have demo/beta patches out now.

Fire Emblem Forever is also pretty cool.

Hong

The Strongest
An awesome set with Ike in Project M. Sorry if anyone is sore about competitive Smash, though I think this video expresses the improved character direction.

It might seem like he is broken in this video, but in other matches Ike gets torn apart for the same reason he does now. After players learn the character, he just can't land good hits. What changes is Ike players can still work with it, and he isn't as easily dealt with. Also he looks much more like Ike.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That was 2.1 Ike I think. He was nerfed a lot already in 2.5, not so sure about 2.6. Damn, should really try to get Project M...

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Ephraim wields a lance. Therefore, lances are better. 'Nuff said. (Although I'm probably just biased towards him cause FE8 was my first Fire Emblem...)

Nado

Smash Cadet
I wonder how much input each game creator gets on what character is chosen. Im pretty sure I saw an interview somewhere where the game creator said tharja was his favorite character he has ever made.

Lances > Swords.

Discuss.
Most enemies end up being lance users as most enemy armies are heavily made up of knights, cavaliers, wyvern riders, pegasus knights and soldiers. The exception of course barbarians who are typically make up high percentage of the enemies. Obviously their are different types of armies but the generic main enemy army(the type that gets fought against the most) seems to use heavy doses of lance. Sword users are normally the most supplied type of unit.

So strategically lance users have always had more value than sword users. I like most lance classes stats as a whole(excluding knights) normally decent speed with higher attack and defense than sword users. Sword users whole low defense super high speed thing doesn't really work out when you consider the amount of lances in fire emblem.

Hong

The Strongest
I honestly don't think Sakurai-san is all too well versed on modern Fire Emblem games. He didn't know who Ike was (according to the interview posted by... ChronoBound was it?), and I am inclined to believe he only researched it for the sake of development. He did of course play FE11. He seemed to come to life with nostalgia, going as far as to replace Iwata in the Iwata Asks for this game. I can't say if he played FE12 or not, but I would be shocked if he hasn't played Awakening. Not only is the game geared towards players both old and new, but portable gaming for the Nintendo-savvy gamer just seems much more ideal for his life style. It was a relatively big release, so I could put faith in him at least trying it out on his own volition.

That said, while Fire Emblem characters are many, in terms of what they can do, there are very limited variables. As often brought up, the majority of lords fall within the classic variety as seen in Marth, Seliph or Eirika, or the more modern mercenary-esque lord, like Ike and Chrom, as well as Alm if we want an earlier example. If they are not going to go with someone out of the typical lord mould, such as Robin, Anna or Tiki, they are left with a very large pool of characters who can fundamentally be fit to the same set of outcomes. With that said, unless the director is very explicitly wants a particular character, I think it is safe to assume he will give the honours to IS, or at least talk it through them. I would say they would be more likely to consider character popularity than Mr. Sakurai himself, since he only seems to regard it when it is as extreme as it were with Sonic. Barring the cases listed, I don't think Fire Emblem (or Pokemon) characters are judged the same way as other Nintendo characters.

That's my take on it. In his position, I certainly would get a lot of feedback from IS. They are not far away, after all.
Most enemies end up being lance users as most enemy armies are heavily made up of knights, cavaliers, wyvern riders, pegasus knights and soldiers. The exception of course barbarians who are typically make up high percentage of the enemies. Obviously their are different types of armies but the generic main enemy army(the type that gets fought against the most) seems to use heavy doses of lance. Sword users are normally the most supplied type of unit.

So strategically lance users have always had more value than sword users. I like most lance classes stats as a whole(excluding knights) normally decent speed with higher attack and defense than sword users. Sword users whole low defense super high speed thing doesn't really work out when you consider the amount of lances in fire emblem.
I was being silly, but yes, I agree. The lance is my favourite part of the weapon triangle, and my favourite of the three as far as weapons are concerned in general. :) Generally my armies have a General (or Soldier, FE9-10) and two fliers, so I have plenty of lance users. I don't like Myrmidons and, aside from Awakening, I don't have much of a reason for Mercenaries, so I don't use them all too often. With that, the lord and thief usually get sword honours. I don't hate axes at all, but barring cases where wyvern riders and generals have them, I just don't use them often. It most often means use of a Fighter, and his respective class trees. I have nothing but 100% respect for the class, but they are just not my style.

Nado

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't think Sakurai-san is all too well versed on modern Fire Emblem games. He didn't know who Ike was (according to the interview posted by... ChronoBound was it?), and I am inclined to believe he only researched it for the sake of development. He did of course play FE11. He seemed to come to life with nostalgia, going as far as to replace Iwata in the Iwata Asks for this game. I can't say if he played FE12 or not, but I would be shocked if he hasn't played Awakening. Not only is the game geared towards players both old and new, but portable gaming for the Nintendo-savvy gamer just seems much more ideal for his life style. It was a relatively big release, so I could put faith in him at least trying it out on his own volition.

That said, while Fire Emblem characters are many, in terms of what they can do, there are very limited variables. As often brought up, the majority of lords fall within the classic variety as seen in Marth, Seliph or Eirika, or the more modern mercenary-esque lord, like Ike and Chrom, as well as Alm if we want an earlier example. If they are not going to go with someone out of the typical lord mould, such as Robin, Anna or Tiki, they are left with a very large pool of characters who can fundamentally be fit to the same set of outcomes. With that said, unless the director is very explicitly wants a particular character, I think it is safe to assume he will give the honours to IS, or at least talk it through them. I would say they would be more likely to consider character popularity than Mr. Sakurai himself, since he only seems to regard it when it is as extreme as it were with Sonic. Barring the cases listed, I don't think Fire Emblem (or Pokemon) characters are judged the same way as other Nintendo characters.

That's my take on it. In his position, I certainly would get a lot of feedback from IS.
FE12 was a bust on all sorts of levels. So I don't think it would be that surprising if samurai didn't play 12. 9 and especially 10 were really long long games. Also wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play 9 and especially 10 because of the length of those games. Sakurai is also known for giving misleading answers so that might be the case for that interview. Id be pretty surprised if he didn't know all the potential additions for his game.

9 and 10 was all about the bow and axe users for me for some reason. I had some decent lance users I guess. I literally had a problem of fighting axe users by end game because Ike was my only sword wielder. In awakening I felt like weapons didn't really matter with the breaker skills and such. At the end of the day the best characters were the 10/13 kid units that had access to gale force and it mattered less about weapon type and more about speed growth and movement range.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wonder how much input each game creator gets on what character is chosen. Im pretty sure I saw an interview somewhere where the game creator said tharja was his favorite character he has ever made.

Swords are very accurate, and most Fighters you have early on won't double attack, so swords users mostly likely get a lot of kills anyway cause it's far more safe to attack first with an axe user, and let the sword user finish cause of the weapon triangle and most swordsmen not being too durable. Except for your Mercenary units. Who even get axes after promotion. Reason why Heroes are mostly my favorite units actually.

Swordmasters work, cause you use them to kill things off with. And they avoid a lot making them good for targetting Mages, Archers and whatnot. Also, caveliers use swords regulary as well. Trained mymirdons shouldn't have too many problems with Knights either if they got a Armorslayer, which is a weapon mostly all Fire Emblem games love to give you early. There's also the fact that most Lords using swords have Rapiers (Marth, Roy, Eliwood, Eirika) or other weapons effective against caveliers and knights (Lyn's Mani Kati, Ike's Regal Sword).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lyn vs. Takamaru, one of them has to get in Smash 4 one way or the other? Who would you choose?
Lyn because she'd have a very interesting moveset, (and cause i'm biased :p)

Takamaru would have a unique one as well, but everytime i think tak, i keep seeing him with a Silver Samurai moveset from mvc2... but thats just me.

Hong

The Strongest
Ah, that one.

I know the people commenting on the debate were being silly, but with DivineDeity it is hard to tell.

In any event, I don't really see things in terms of x series being worthy of y reps. 2 characters is good for Fire Emblem as far as very standard, run-of-the-mill sword-wielders go. I love Fire Emblem with all my heart, but I put my bias aside and see the big picture: a company with an astounding legacy of icons to choose from. We can add every leading Fire Emblem character to the game, but it certainly isn't the best use of development time. Fan service is important, sure, and new Fire Emblem additions would make people happy. Then again, anything Fire Emblem could add would have equal or lesser effect to the newcomers added thus far, so it doesn't matter much. We're getting at least one new Fire Emblem character either way, whether they replace Ike or fight alongside him, so Fire Emblem will get an adequate level of fresh blood.

On the other hand, there are a few EXCELLENT character choices from Fire Emblem that could offer a very new and interesting play experience that standout from the rest of the company, but adding them for me is not really about trying to get in more Fire Emblem characters so much as trying to get in more fun characters. Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer are the new standard in which i want to see additional characters. I made a moveset for Chrom at some point and deleted it, since it just felt so boring after doing one for Robin, Tiki and Anna, or some of the characters I have done from outside of the FE series like Valkyrie or Tingle. I have all the creativity in the world to do so and I gave him his own set of attacks, it just personally bores me. Rather spend the energy improving Ike or adapting the best qualities of Ike into the new character.

Don't get the wrong idea, the series is certainly eligible for more. I just prefer if they aim at being cost-effective, in that they should spend the most time in doing what produces the most fun and variety.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru would have a unique one as well, but everytime i think tak, i keep seeing him with a Silver Samurai moveset from mvc2... but thats just me.
A poker? I never did see Takamaru as that type of fighter, more along the lines of a mix-up and momentum hybrid. It's just that Takamaru doesn't seem much like the defensive type of fighter, more along the lines of raw offense designed to ruthlessly slaughter defensive play. People tend to compare Lyn and Takamaru, but in my views I see Lyn as a pure raw momentum based character.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking this but- what are your thoughts on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem? The idea of Fire Emblem characters fighting with the classic RPG gameplay, instead of strategy? (If I remember, it was confirmed to be an RPG). I can see a mix of Spells, and when doing a basic attack, a chance to proc abilities (say, Astra, Aether, or others). I'm extremely hyped for this game, since I got into the Shin Megami Tensei games two years ago, and I'm loving them.

Back on the Smash Bros topic, Fire Emblem certainly does have a vast space of potential for characters, but one thing that a lot of people care about is if the character is relevant for Fire Emblem itself. With the ridiculous amount of characters in each game, and only a few remaining important to their respective plot, they tend to be overshadowed. Heck, I admit that I'm still thinking that way, but Sakurai may as well be considering that in their case, and also with Pokemon. Lucario was added because -or at least I think so- he was causing a lot of hype when Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was aired in Japan. Pokemon also has an extremely vast cast of potential fighters, but only a few are selected, popularity being a key factor. Hector was a popular candidate because of Axes, and being someone who could add some variety to the cast being an axe-user, which could bring a different play-style from the swordfighters, but Ike was chosen in the end because of being the latest main character in the series? If so, will Chrom and/or the Avatar take over Ike now?

With Awakening, is it me or are they trying to set Marth as the most iconic figure in the Fire Emblem series? I would be okay with that, since he is after all the first main character.

Other characters who come as popular are: Hector, Ike, and Chrom. Roy is mostly popular because of his appearance in Smash, but for those who play Fire Emblem, they have mixed feelings about him, to the point of being a love-or-hate character. Hector is popular for the Elibe players because of how ridiculously strong as a unit he can become, plus his overall personality. Ike was popular for the same reason, too. Chrom can be a case similar to Roy: he's a love-or-hate character, but what adds points to his favor is that the Fire Emblem game he's featured is the best-selling game, and one which is brining a lot of people whom didn't know about the series into playing them. Will popularity be a key factor to Chrom's (or, by extension, the Avatar's and/or Lucina's) inclusion in Smash? Let's not forget Arena Ferox in the 3DS version of SSB4.

While I was writing this I noticed that I was contradicting myself at some points (okay, maybe many), and I apologize for that.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking this but- what are your thoughts on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem? The idea of Fire Emblem characters fighting with the classic RPG gameplay, instead of strategy? (If I remember, it was confirmed to be an RPG). I can see a mix of Spells, and when doing a basic attack, a chance to proc abilities (say, Astra, Aether, or others). I'm extremely hyped for this game, since I got into the Shin Megami Tensei games two years ago, and I'm loving them.

Back on the Smash Bros topic, Fire Emblem certainly does have a vast space of potential for characters, but one thing that a lot of people care about is if the character is relevant for Fire Emblem itself. With the ridiculous amount of characters in each game, and only a few remaining important to their respective plot, they tend to be overshadowed. Heck, I admit that I'm still thinking that way, but Sakurai may as well be considering that in their case, and also with Pokemon. Lucario was added because -or at least I think so- he was causing a lot of hype when Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was aired in Japan. Pokemon also has an extremely vast cast of potential fighters, but only a few are selected, popularity being a key factor. Hector was a popular candidate because of Axes, and being someone who could add some variety to the cast being an axe-user, which could bring a different play-style from the swordfighters, but Ike was chosen in the end because of being the latest main character in the series? If so, will Chrom and/or the Avatar take over Ike now?

With Awakening, is it me or are they trying to set Marth as the most iconic figure in the Fire Emblem series? I would be okay with that, since he is after all the first main character.

Other characters who come as popular are: Hector, Ike, and Chrom. Roy is mostly popular because of his appearance in Smash, but for those who play Fire Emblem, they have mixed feelings about him, to the point of being a love-or-hate character. Hector is popular for the Elibe players because of how ridiculously strong as a unit he can become, plus his overall personality. Ike was popular for the same reason, too. Chrom can be a case similar to Roy: he's a love-or-hate character, but what adds points to his favor is that the Fire Emblem game he's featured is the best-selling game, and one which is brining a lot of people whom didn't know about the series into playing them. Will popularity be a key factor to Chrom's (or, by extension, the Avatar's and/or Lucina's) inclusion in Smash? Let's not forget Arena Ferox in the 3DS version of SSB4.

While I was writing this I noticed that I was contradicting myself at some points (okay, maybe many), and I apologize for that.
I hope that SMTXFE has some non-lord characters that are interesting even if in their games they don't have strong plot relevance like the lords and major characters. I really hope to see characters like Owain or Nephenee for example, even though they aren't most major characters they are popular.

Anyways, for Smash it's really hard to determine the FE rep since many think Chrom is inevitable, and it has rotating protags, I rather continue talking about the crossover, tbh.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I hope that SMTXFE has some non-lord characters that are interesting even if in their games they don't have strong plot relevance like the lords and major characters. I really hope to see characters like Owain or Nephenee for example, even though they aren't most major characters they are popular.

Anyways, for Smash it's really hard to determine the FE rep since many think Chrom is inevitable, and it has rotating protags, I rather continue talking about the crossover, tbh.
Alright then! For those who don't know much about SMT, here's the deal. The setting is (generally) post-apocalyptic. The forces of Law and Chaos (Angels and Demons) are in a constant war, and humanity is in the middle of it all. The main character is the one who, with his decisions, will decide the future of the world. With that I'm already curious as of what kind of plot this game is going to have. Atlus does an amazing work with the details of the demons, such as background story, and that is why I'm really hyped for the plot.

If anything, having non-lord characters in the game may as well add in for the morality system that SMT games have. Some may like your way of thinking and join you, while others will rebel against you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am trying yet another attempt to play FE12. Hoping it works.

YES!! IT WORKS! :D Only need to get that translation patch working now! YES!!!

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Am trying yet another attempt to play FE12. Hoping it works.

YES!! IT WORKS! :D Only need to get that translation patch working now! YES!!!
I heard many good things about that game. Nintendo should patch it and sell it on their e-shop. What do they have to lose? Nothing that's what.

Alright then! For those who don't know much about SMT, here's the deal. The setting is (generally) post-apocalyptic. The forces of Law and Chaos (Angels and Demons) are in a constant war, and humanity is in the middle of it all. The main character is the one who, with his decisions, will decide the future of the world. With that I'm already curious as of what kind of plot this game is going to have. Atlus does an amazing work with the details of the demons, such as background story, and that is why I'm really hyped for the plot.

If anything, having non-lord characters in the game may as well add in for the morality system that SMT games have. Some may like your way of thinking and join you, while others will rebel against you.
Man I wish they gave Fire Emblem gameplay instead of SMT's. SMT is really confusing to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's an awesome game. Been playing all night. I always wanted to know how Marth's story continued from own experience, now I'm playing it! I already liked Shadow Dragon, but this game... Man!

I need to watch out that I don't end up liking Marth more than Ike at this rate :laugh:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
It's an awesome game. Been playing all night. I always wanted to know how Marth's story continued from own experience, now I'm playing it! I already liked Shadow Dragon, but this game... Man!
Who's your favorite character? Does it play similar to Awakening. Damn Diddy now I really want to play the game/ :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who's your favorite character? Does it play similar to Awakening. Damn Diddy now I really want to play the game :D.

The My Unit is really overpowered, so I like him, but Marth, Merric, Shiida / Caeda, Catria and Ogma are easily comparable. I can't choose! Also, I haven't played Awakening, but since Awakening has this double pairing system, I doubt any Fire Emblem game to this point plays like it. If I get a 3DS, I'll pick it up though.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FE12 is really good. Leagues better than Shadow Dragon. Though it could really use some balance....

I really wish the DS games had done more to fix the class diversity issues with the originals....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Balance will always be a problem in Fire Emblem. Nothing to be done about that.

Doesn't matter TOO much though that some units are better than others. It gives the game quite a challenge if you're using real weak units.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
The My Unit is really overpowered, so I like him, but Marth, Merric, Shiida / Caeda, Catria and Ogma are easily comparable. I can't choose! Also, I haven't played Awakening, but since Awakening has this double pairing system, I doubt any Fire Emblem game to this point plays like it. If I get a 3DS, I'll pick it up though.
Awakening is broken to all hell. Pair up is way too OP.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Awakening is broken to all hell. Pair up is way too OP.

I've figured this out. Maybe I'll do a Normal playthrough on it first without using Pair Up too much, and only do it for supports, or to protect clerics and archers or other frail units. A semi-resque thing, since apperantly Awakening doesn't have that.

Seriously, Pair Up should be made exclusive for some characters or something... It's definitely not something I want the series to expand too much on. I heard Lunatic mode is pretty much pairing up your strongest unit with Frederick, the Jagan / Oifey and clear all maps this way till you can properly grind.

Only specific characters should pair up. For example, Sothe and Micaiah. And others only with A Supports, or other factors, as the Pegasus Sisters, or something. A General shouldn't move like a Falcon Knight all over the place just because they're paired up...

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I've figured this out. Maybe I'll do a Normal playthrough on it first without using Pair Up too much, and only do it for supports, or to protect clerics and archers or other frail units. A semi-resque thing, since apperantly Awakening doesn't have that.

Seriously, Pair Up should be made exclusive for some characters or something... It's definitely not something I want the series to expand too much on. I heard Lunatic mode is pretty much pairing up your strongest unit with Frederick, the Jagan / Oifey and clear all maps this way till you can properly grind.

Only specific characters should pair up. For example, Sothe and Micaiah. And others only with A Supports, or other factors, as the Pegasus Sisters, or something. A General shouldn't move like a Falcon Knight all over the place just because they're paired up...
IMO, Normal was very easy. I suggest Hard if you're experienced with the franchise. At the very least, they need to allow enemies to pair up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom