• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
As for the FE13 lords having "flavor", they were pretty bland imo, seeing as one was a retread of Ike, while the other a retread of Marth in aesthetics. And both were forgettable in terms of personality.
I was not referring to lords when i went to the point of Awakening characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So listen guys, I played FE6 and had a Strenght blessed Roy. Never thought I'd see the day.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
The only FE newcomer worthy of Smash 4 is Batta the Beast! He would be more broken than Meta Knight because he is a beast. He would also make the top 4 of MvC2 look like Roll tier.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've played through Awakening now.

Amazing game and probably tied with PoR for my favorite FE game.

And I'm gonna support a FE newcomer.

My unit would be an amazing addition!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've played through Awakening now.

Amazing game and probably tied with PoR for my favorite FE game.

And I'm gonna support a FE newcomer.

My unit would be an amazing addition!
For the record, most people use the phrasing "Avatar" or "Robin" when supporting the character.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
On Roy in Project M: Awesome trailer. Makes me nostalgic for the melee days.

I think Robin is proof why character popularity doesn't matter too much. She's a character whose potential is hard to understand unless you play the game. Robin will always be low in character polls because you need to play the game in order to get her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
On Roy in Project M: Awesome trailer. Makes me nostalgic for the melee days.

I think Robin is proof why character popularity doesn't matter too much. She's a character whose potential is hard to understand unless you play the game. Robin will always be low in character polls because you need to play the game in order to get her.
Kinda like a certain character I like honestly...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I know. I just said My Unit because I can.
Next time, capitalize the "u" in unit, because your other post had me confused for a moment.
:3

WOOO ROY

Wait why is Robin delegated default female? Nope, nevermind, ignore that.

Hong

The Strongest
As a cruel, cold-hearted feminist, I default everything to female without thinking about it.

While we brushed up on it a bit before, I would like to ask this thread again: If Roy were to appear again, how would you have him?

Personally I think, since Roy was actually a bit of a younger and shorter lord, he should be a lighter character. Not necessarily fast (not slow, either), but I don't think the his fall-speed and style in Melee suit him (largely because he was made the way he was just to be different.) Also, there is so much to be done with fire that has not yet been done. Like flinging it as a fiery mass, or being able to create a shockwave of fire that is is propelled along the ground forward.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyone else think it's kinda funny that the song they use to represent Roy doesn't even appear in his game?

I mean, I know Melee did it first, but there was only one FE song for him and Marth, and Roy's game still wasn't out yet.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Anyone else think it's kinda funny that the song they use to represent Roy doesn't even appear in his game?

I mean, I know Melee did it first, but there was only one FE song for him and Marth, and Roy's game still wasn't out yet.
I love actually because for the longest time as a result of Melee, I thought that was the actual Fire Emblem main theme. I played Sacred Stone and was like, hey, what happened to the Fire Emblem Main Theme. By PoR, I realized that the intro music was the main theme.

I think they mainly played it up for nostalgia. If I recall correctly, it was the theme that played with Marth when he used Hyrule Temple as his stage during things like All Star mode. Don't remember if it was actually used with Roy (I think he was at fountain of dreams with another theme).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Both Fire Emblem characters use the Fire Emblem song.

Also technically the main theme is incorporated into that song, mainly for the second half of the song.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think they mainly played it up for nostalgia. If I recall correctly, it was the theme that played with Marth when he used Hyrule Temple as his stage during things like All Star mode. Don't remember if it was actually used with Roy (I think he was at fountain of dreams with another theme).
Since it was the only FE music in Melee, it was used for both of them. It was an alternate song on Temple in VS mode, but it would play whenever Roy/Marth were fought in 1P modes(which was usually on Temple, except in All-Star where it was played on FoD(Marth) and FD(Roy) IIRC).
Also technically the main theme is incorporated into that song, mainly for the second half of the song.
In the Melee arrangement, but not in the P:M trailer song. The P:M song is just Together we Ride.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Both Fire Emblem characters use the Fire Emblem song.

Thanks.

In my defense, all the matches in All Star ended maybe like 1 minute in. So I didn't ever hear the second half of the song until youtube came along.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually like if they tried making more Fire Emblem stages in Project M. Or use all 3 bases of Castle Seige, and turn those in actual stages.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, apperantly...

Lyn gets to be in Project M to?

Is this awesome? Y / N?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Someone made that up out of the Reddit thread which also 'confirmed' Mewtwo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it's awesome! And it gives Fire Emblem a 4th character. Manly should really try to show the PMBR his moveset, so it might be considered in making Lyn's moveset to.

Her style is extremely unique, and well suited for Smash. I can see why they would want to add her as a character.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Source on Lyn becoming playable? So far, I only know of Roy.
Somebody on Reddit claimed to have played a beta build or something and saw Mewtwo and Lyn as playable characters. Or something. The guy deleted his comment shortly after posting it, so I'm not really sure what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom