• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Last FE7 playthrough I made Lyn use Bows only after promotion, giving her S Rank on it. One of the best decisions I made in that playthrough.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, I recently finished FE7, again, and Lyn is my favorite/best unit, next to Nino and Hector in the game.
I would be estatic if Lyn comes to Project M, and when the update for it comes, I would download it, so fast that it would give Roy further shock.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sorry if I'm diverging the subject matter here, but does anyone think Fire Emblem deserves 4 reps in Smash 4? I mean, Awakening was heavily promoted and has gained a good popularity post and audience expansion with that game. It's a relatively obscure franchise, but the FE characters in Smash always become fan favorites.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's not out of the question to get 4 reps. Personally I'd like to see Marth, Ike, and Roy, plus one of Anna, Robin, or Lyn as a 4th character.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think any series deserves any number of representation. I want them to add who ever makes for the most fun game. I like Robin, Anna and Tiki not because I personally love these characters, but because I think they could offer something fun that you won't find elsewhere within Nintendo.

That said, if they can help it, I want more diversity. More franchises. Lots of classic characters sitting on their thumbs, with a legacy full of potential, and even some not-so-old characters such as Sami or Isa Jo who could bring something fresh to the table.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrom would be the most perfect possible scenario. But if FE is to receive 4 character slots, then I also think Starfox should have 4 characters. (Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf).

Hong

The Strongest
Most boring representation of the series possible.

No, no. Wait.

We need to throw Eliwood and Seliph in there.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The current representation of the FE franchise in Smash doesn't highlight the unique flair certain characters have. So that's why Anna or Tiki would be perfect choices. Robin and even Tharja I wouldn't mind at all, so long as Chrom and Marth come in.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Seeing Roy in Project M just rekindled my hopes for him appearing in Smash 4. I know they are unrelated but daaamn.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy's Project M incarnation seems to be quite clone-y still. I was hoping that they would luigify him more, but w/e.

D

Deleted member

Roy's Project M incarnation seems to be quite clone-y still. I was hoping that they would luigify him more, but w/e.
They turned semi-clone Falco back into clone Falco.

Why would you even think they'd change Roy much?

Hong

The Strongest
They did it because Project Melee is supposed to be a modernized platform for Melee.

They care about fighters, not characters. I play Roy in Melee. At a competitive level, that is pretty rare. Like others I like the way he is designed as a fighter. He was added to Project M to satisfy the needs of the actual die-hard community. Similarly, Falco was reverted because that incarnation was more enjoyable. Project M might barely be a new game, but by design it does little new for the experience. You shouldn't actually be expecting them to be expressive or interesting, so long as it is fun and intense. Leave that up to Sakurai-san and his team.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Lyn gets in, maybe one day they'll add even ankther Fire Emblem character? They make for popular characters anyway.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Lyn gets in, maybe one day they'll add even ankther Fire Emblem character? They make for popular characters anyway.
Especially towards competitive players, which is pretty much most of Project M's consumers.

On a side note, if you had to pick a random unit from each FE game (which means any unit that isn't a lord) to compete as a Smash rep, which ones would you choose?

Hong

The Strongest
Who knows. Sakurai-san could have been a Tiki cultist from back in the day before the series went international, especially if it is true he prefers the classic games.

Not saying Tiki is likely or anything, but I think she would also standout above other supporting characters.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
On a side note, if you had to pick a random unit from each FE game (which means any unit that isn't a lord) to compete as a Smash rep, which ones would you choose?
FE1/FE11 Tiki
FE2 none
F3/FE12 Katarina
FE4 Arvis/Ishatar
FE5 Finn
FE6 Fir
FE7 Jaffar
FE8 L'Arachel
FE9 The Black Knight
FE10 Nephenee
FE13 Anna or Tiki

If I could pick any unit it would be Nephenee.

D

Deleted member

I'm hungry. Feed me of your opinions :

Thoughts about Chrom and Lucina as interchangeables characters like Sheilda and Zamus ?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Especially towards competitive players, which is pretty much most of Project M's consumers.

FE1/FE11 Caeda
FE2 Don't know any of them
F3/FE12 Tiki yay loopholes
FE4 Ira
FE5 Dagda
FE6 Dieck
FE7 Serra
FE8 Dozla
FE9 Devdan
FE10 Laura
FE13 Anna

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FE1 / 3 / 11 / 12: Shiida
FE2: Catria
FE4: Leaf
FE5: Finn
FE6: Lilina
FE7: Matthew
FE8: Ross
FE9: Soren
FE10: Sothe

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

FE1/11 - Wolf
FE2 - Clair
FE3/12 - Merric
FE4 - Briggid
FE5 - Selfina
FE6 - Igrene
FE7 - Matthew
FE8 - L'arachel
FE9 - Zihark
FE10 - Nailah
FE13 - Say'ri

Hong

The Strongest
I am not picking a character for each because having that many characters will make for a ****ty game.

That said, Nephenee was one of the first to come to mind. I think many of us have been wanting a lance-wielder for a while now, and Nephenee is certainly my favourite candidate.

Thoughts about Chrom and Lucina as interchangeables characters like Sheilda and Zamus ?
It is my preference, and I assume it would be what the developer would try first.

That said, what I would have is not like other transformation characters. I would have one on the sideline like Pokemon Trainer, but the ability to call them into attack, defend or switch places would be special moves.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna!
(The only non-lord who is even remotely possible.)
Look at you, able to delete your own double posts, it must be so convenient.
Anyways, don't forget Tiki, but I agree, Anna is the best choice for a FE newcomer beyond any doubt, and it's an easy cop out because I don't have to answer the rest of the question and reveal that I've never played the other Fire Emblems.
Except Dohga, that Knight, doe.
I would feel cheated and mourn.

D

Deleted member

Still think the dual system would be a reasonable outcome for a new FE character.

Though after experiencing what it's about for myself during SmashBoard's downtime (by playing the demo), my initial thought of having it be a Chrom and Lucina pair doesn't seem that great. Instead, it'd be better with Chrom and Avatar.

(And yes, I see why Frederick is awesome now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom