• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Chrom and Lucina can have unique movesets, but most likely they'll play similarly to Ike and Marth. Chrom will take the role as a heavy sword user, and Lucina fits that not as powerful quick sword user perfectly. Neither of them really show off enough interesting things in Awakening, nothing makes them stand out. That's just my thoughts on the matter. Sure, the moves can look different, but if the character ends up playing the same in the end, what's the point?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know, Fire Emblem is one of my favorite franchises, but the fact at the moment the strongest choice is Chrom it feels like the series is being cheated of something more grand. I don't want Fire Emblem to be emphasized as the franchise that offers nothing but the same type of character for every passing game, that would feel absolutely wrong. Like I mentioned before, it's like we're getting a new Pokemon and the best thing to offer was Dedenne.
Exactly! I feel like they need a new type of character to maybe interest those who have never played or heard of Fire Emblem. Like Micaiah or Robin

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Chrom and Lucina can have unique movesets, but most likely they'll play similarly to Ike and Marth. Chrom will take the role as a heavy sword user, and Lucina fits that not as powerful quick sword user perfectly. Neither of them really show off enough interesting things in Awakening, nothing makes them stand out. That's just my thoughts on the matter. Sure, the moves can look different, but if the character ends up playing the same in the end, what's the point?
I give up.

All swords play the same, only punchkicks are unique, yep eyp eyp

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I want Marth, Chrom, Lucina and Micaiah. If Star Fox gets 3 characters being that Fire Emblem is a more popular series it should get more characters,

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want Marth, Chrom, Lucina and Micaiah. If Star Fox gets 3 characters being that Fire Emblem is a more popular series it should get more characters,
What about Ike?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd love Ike to return but I have a sinking feeling Chrom's gonna replace him.
Why?

Ike didn't replace Roy.

So why would the new guy replace Ike?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
There aren't going to be any replacements this Smash. Sakurai already stated that he wanted and is trying to bring back every Brawl veteran. I think that alone states that we won't have any replacements.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well if you guys are so sure Ike is coming back then I'm changing it to Marth, Ike, Lucina and Micaiah.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's just a gut feeling I have, and Ike totally replaced Roy.
Roy was found to have data in Brawl.

The only reason he wasn't in Brawl was because of time constraints.

Ike didn't replace him. He just out-prioritized him.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The point about Starfox having three is interesting, and realistically Fire Emblem should have tied them with 3 in brawl because of Roy. With FE only getting more and more popular, I don't think it would be a huge stretch for the series to have 4, as long as they aren't all swords. So Marth, Ike, Roy/Chrom/Lucina and Micaiah/Robin.

Really Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, and Metriod have a shot at getting an extra rep. I think Fire Emblem should be tossed in there, and since they should have had three, that would mean four.

And yes, you can argue "we should be getting more series representation" but Kirby got two newcomers in the last game, so why can't Fire Emblem get two extra reps now? It just seems like it should happen. Kid Icarus will most likely get a rep due to the successes it had on 3DS, and so should Fire Emblem. I think the series deserves 4 reps, especially since they have so many characters to chose from, maybe not to the scale of Pokemon, but more than Starfox, Metriod, F-Zero, Earthbound, Donkey Kong, and any one retro series.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The point about Starfox having three is interesting, and realistically Fire Emblem should have tied them with 3 in brawl because of Roy. With FE only getting more and more popular, I don't think it would be a huge stretch for the series to have 4, as long as they aren't all swords. So Marth, Ike, Roy/Chrom/Lucina and Micaiah/Robin.

Really Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, and Metriod have a shot at getting an extra rep. I think Fire Emblem should be tossed in there, and since they should have had three, that would mean four.
That actually sounds good, as long as Awakening isn't over represented, it should only have 1 rep, imo.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That actually sounds good, as long as Awakening isn't over represented, it should only have 1 rep, imo.
Yes. It should be Marth because he is original, and PoR, RD, and Awakening because those are the most recent, and most well known in the series. I don't think Fire Emblem got popular until PoR so those 3 games should all have reps. If not RD rep in Micaiah, put in Roy and force Robin to be the Awakening rep. No four sword users.

Newcomer wise, as I said any one series could have two new reps, this time it should be Fire Emblem. Retro series can have 2 more reps, Donkey Kong and Metriod both get one, and we get 3 of 4 more recent reps. 10 more newcomers, making it 15 newcomers, less than Brawl.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think Fire Emblem got popular until PoR
PoR sold terribly.

The GBA games made FE popular over here.

And the NES, and SNES games made it popular in Japan.

How much about Fire Emblem do you actually know?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
PoR sold terribly.

The GBA games made FE popular over here.

And the NES, and SNES games made it popular in Japan.

How much about Fire Emblem do you actually know?

My mistake then I thought that people started hearing about the games once Path of Radiance came out. That's when people at my school started playing it. And according to one Fire Emblem website I saw, PoR and RD are the most popular, it was a poll on FEPlanet.net, back in 2008. Before Awakening. Also, I thought that the common consensus was that PoR is the favorite aside from Awakening.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
My mistake then I thought that people started hearing about the games once Path of Radiance came out. That's when people at my school started playing it. And according to one Fire Emblem website I saw, PoR and RD are the most popular, it was a poll on FEPlanet.net, back in 2008. Before Awakening. Also, I thought that the common consensus was that PoR is the favorite aside from Awakening.
Noooo, the favorite is FE7 mananukaka!

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Good for you.

No one is justifying Chrom or Lucina's inclusion because they can have a unique moveset. However, too many people seem to think that Chrom and Lucina, if they were to be in the game, would be clones of Marth/Roy and play too similarly, and thus write them off are poor choices or write off their chances entirely. The argument isn't that they're good because they could have a unique moveset; my argument is that they will not be clones/poor fighters if included.
-------------------------------------
Again, I never said that they will be clones or poor fighters.
But neither me or you can guarantee the opposite.
If Sakurai or the responsible team put Chrom like a Ike clone... then bro, we could change nothing.
We can only discuss their potential or likeness...
Moveset, sadly, isn't our businnes.
Just that was my point.

And just because u look mad : I don't want Chrom, neither think he is a nice character to a SSB.
His likelihood , anyway, is the biggest in franchise (after Marth).

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
As much as I love FE, I think Marth and Ike are enough. If I absolutely had to choose a third, I'd prefer Lyn.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Marth and Ike only.

**** this.
**** that.
**** this thing too.
**** everything.
I guess that means no Takamaru or Shulk. They were some of the best FE characters.

-------------------------------------
Again, I never said that they will be clones or poor fighters.
But neither me or you can guarantee the opposite.
If Sakurai or the responsible team put Chrom like a Ike clone... then bro, we could change nothing.
We can only discuss their potential or likeness...
Moveset, sadly, isn't our businnes.
Just that was my point.

And just because u look mad : I don't want Chrom, neither think he is a nice character to a SSB.
His likelihood , anyway, is the biggest in franchise (after Marth).
He was just explaining that a huge reason people don't want Chrom or Lucina is because, apparently, they will "indefinitely be clones."

He wasn't arguing against your point, just adding an interesting one of his own.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Takamaru is from The Mysterious Murasame Castle.
Shulk is form Xenoblade Chronicles.

We're talking Fire Emblem here.
Yeah, both of those were definitely good Fire Emblem games. I would still put FE7 above them though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Takamaru is from The Mysterious Murasame Castle.
Shulk is form Xenoblade Chronicles.

We're talking Fire Emblem here.
Not sure if you didn't catch the joke...

Or if you just chose to ignore it for the sake of trying to make it funny...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This thread alternates between everyone yelling at everyone else and everyone hitting on everyone else.
Well yeah I hit things.

Hitting things is better then not hitting things.

If you don't hit things, then what is the point of not hitting? You gotta hit things in a hitting fashion, otherwise you'll never hit your thing and things will never be hit.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
This thread alternates between everyone yelling at everyone else and everyone hitting on everyone else.
But, even then it usually isn't off topic, since there is always some form of Fire Emblem in the post. :awesome:

Sounds just like a typical game of Fire Emblem.
Sounds like most video games in general, tbh.

Hong

The Strongest
Chrom and Lucina can have unique movesets, but most likely they'll play similarly to Ike and Marth. Chrom will take the role as a heavy sword user, and Lucina fits that not as powerful quick sword user perfectly.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Eh, while I like Micaiah, I don't see her having a chance at being in this game as a playable rep. I also don't see Fire Emblem getting four reps. Though it comes off as somewhat pessimistic, it just doesn't strike me as being too likely all in all. I think the most plausible scenario is Marth and Ike, the third choice likely to be someone from Awakening. Despite that meaning an excessively large amount of sword users, that's kind of what happens due to only picking Lords so far, though Robin could break that trend.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
This stuff about how Chrom and Lucina don't have to be clones made me realize something...

Little Mac's moveset actually looks like it could have worked perfectly for Chrom.

Don't get me wrong, I like it on Mac. I just find it very easy to imagine Chrom doing the attacks I'm seeing in the trailer (with a sword, just to be clear).

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Chrom don't no sword. He busts holes in walls by accident. He could totally rock the Little Mac movesent, blue boxing gloves with the brand of the exalt on them, and Mac's form-fitting outfit with a cape.

I'm sure @ Hong Hong would have liked to see that.

I like swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom