• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I ****ing hate the fanboys of Fire Emblem: Awakening and I want them to suffer at every opportunity.
Calm down.

Nothing calls for that.

You are posting stuff that will most likely start a fight and you know it.

Consider this a warning.

Now play nice Hab. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry Xeno-sama. You are free to now strike me down in the battlefield.

Secretly i'm wishing for no awakening, but with the little mac reveal, there's no point fighting back....
How the hell does Little Mac correlate to Corn or Louisiana?

If it's because of anniversaries, then Takamaru would be confirmed instead.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
How the hell does Little Mac correlate to Corn or Louisiana?

If it's because of anniversaries, then Takamaru would be confirmed instead.
Stage=a possible character.

Its not 100% but its something to keep an eye on.

Yes I know you'll say stickers and AT's are enough, I feel the same way.

But deep down I feel like its unavoidable, just like the mii's.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Stage=a possible character.

Its not 100% but its something to keep an eye on.

Yes I know you'll say stickers and AT's are enough, I feel the same way.

But deep down I feel like its unavoidable, just like the mii's.
Don't believe in this unavoidable crap, believe in what you actually want.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What's so bad about getting an Awakening character?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Chrom and Lucina.

Pick either Marth or Ike, you're going to get the same results.
Better, but still a little bit lacking. Although from what you're saying, I somewhat agree with you. You are, however, forgetting to mention the possibility of Robin. I'm not sure if that idea is any more appealing to you though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's also the possibility of a Chrom / Lucina team.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The fact that's the "best" option makes me vomit.
...Robin? You know, the other main protagonist of the latest game that has the ability to use both swords and magic, thus representing the aspects of Fire Emblem we have yet to see implemented in Smash?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What's so bad about getting an Awakening character?
I can't pretend to speak for Xenoblaze, but for me personally, seeing how any Awakening character(usually Chrom) has been treated as some sort of an inevitability be many segments of the FE fanbase has certainly done much to turn me off to the idea of an Awakening character. It's kinda like how people want Ridley confirmed just to see the "too bigots" proven wrong.

It was especially bad prior to Marth's reveal, where there were some people predicting (and sometimes even hoping!) that Awakening would get most (if not all) of the playable representation for Fire Emblem in Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...Robin? You know, the other main protagonist of the latest game that has the ability to use both swords and magic, thus representing the aspects of Fire Emblem we have yet to see implemented in Smash?
I don't even like the idea of Robin, but I will say that he at least more options unlike Chrom or Lucina.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I can't pretend to speak for Xenoblaze, but for me personally, seeing how any Awakening character(usually Chrom) has been treated as some sort of an inevitability be many segments of the FE fanbase has certainly done much to turn me off to the idea of an Awakening character. It's kinda like how people want Ridley confirmed just to see the "too bigots" proven wrong.

It was especially bad prior to Marth's reveal, where there were some people predicting (and sometimes even hoping!) that Awakening would get most (if not all) of the playable representation for Fire Emblem in Smash.
I wouldn't say an Awakening character is inevitable. No character can ever truly be called inevitable. And I certainly didn't want Awakening characters to be ALL of Fire Emblem's representation (I hated how some people thought Marth would get cut for masked Lucina...). However, I found Awakening to be a really great game in the series, and seeing how well it was received and how it saved the Fire Emblem franchise, I think it's deserving of having a character in Smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Question...

If the fanbase hadn't turned you off from the character, how do you think you would feel about him?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

huehuehuehueekekkekekekekeekekekeke

.....Chrom is coming, prepare your anus...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
He's joking.

You know it.

I know it.

Shin knows it.

Everyone knows it.

Stop trying to demonize Chrom supporters.
No, I was just pointing out the irony of shinpichu commenting about how fans of Fire Emblem: Awakening proclaiming a character is unavoidable being a turn off, and literally a few posts afterwards we have Niko Mar proclaiming Chrom is unavoidable.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, I was just pointing out the irony of shinpichu commenting about how fans of Fire Emblem: Awakening proclaiming a character is unavoidable being a turn off, and literally a few posts afterwards we have Niko Mar doing exactly that.
Yes...

As a joke...

Niko wasn't seriously proclaiming that.

It's the same as...

"HUR DUR! CORN IS UNEVITABLEH!" DANT U NO?!?!

If he was serious, the irony would be there and frankly you're post would be hilarious.

But he was obviously joking...

So there's not much irony to be found.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No, I was just pointing out the irony of shinpichu commenting about how fans of Fire Emblem: Awakening proclaiming a character is unavoidable being a turn off, and literally a few posts afterwards we have Niko Mar proclaiming Chrom is unavoidable.
Irony exists within all states of the universe. It's on Manchester and the Milky Way Galaxy! And somewhere......a whisper appears, Sakajewa herself (excuse me, Soccertits) claims that Google Chrome is being installed in the Justice League mainframe.

Stop being a FE hipster....

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Now here's the part where I try to cover my ass where I proclaim "JOKES ON THEM I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE ********".

Though, there is irony. Irony that your taking a lighthearted joke as a serious threat.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Though, there is irony. Irony that your taking a lighthearted joke as a serious threat.
If I saw it as a serious threat, you would have received a non verbal warning.

But since you've gone on record saying stuff like this...

I ****ing hate the fanboys of Fire Emblem: Awakening and I want them to suffer at every opportunity.
It's hard to tell when you're joking.

See where I'm coming from?

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Hey Hong.

I finally embraced the chrom, blame @ Niko Mar Niko Mar

and the tactician, I can't fight the good fight anymore Xeno.

I'll just settle for PM lyn and just await the awakening newcomer.
No! One less person who doesn't think an Awakening newcomer is inevitable.

Honestly though, I don't understand that. Roy is still a completely viable option, especially if FE14 is a Roy remake (which was hinted at in the same interview as the Marth remakes and the FE All-Star game, which can essentially be FE13 or FExSMT), and there are the dark horse candidates Sakurai could throw at us randomly (Lyn, Anna)

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Now here's the part where I try to cover my *** where I proclaim "JOKES ON THEM I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE ********".

What are you even talking about lol?

I just came in here to have some fun, and saw you hating on Chrom. So, going with the logical choice, I decided to troll you about his inclusion.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Personally, I don't like the people who hardly even know about the past FE games or chooses not to play them cause they think it's "inferior" to Awakening. Which I kind of find in new players to the franchise a lot.

Wait... @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , There's Smash 4 back room now?! Also congrats, unless I'm getting confused with a different back room.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait... @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , There's Smash 4 back room now?! Also congrats, unless I'm getting confused with a different back room.
There is no SSB4 Backroom that gives a banner.

I'm a member of the normal Backroom.

So.... People! Make a unique moveset for Roy!

Go!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What are you even talking about lol?

I just came in here to have some fun, and saw you hating on Chrom. So, going with the logical choice, I decided to troll you about his inclusion.
Which is not helping out at all with trying to convince me that the character is somehow good.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which is not helping out at all with trying to convince me that the character is somehow good.
Why would they bother when you refuse to listen to their attempts and have been for almost a year now?

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
If we got Roy, I'd be more interested in a moveset that really relies on his fire to bring something new to the table. Too lazy to really think of anything right now though.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Because "Fire Emblem: Awakening sold well!" is a piss poor reasoning.
I did make a unique moveset for him if that's what you're talking about haha. Although that's just for a stand-alone Chrom (no Lucina tag-team), and doesn't utilize his lance or shield.

EDIT: Actually the shield is used for one attack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom