• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
ahhh fire emblem one of smashboards topics most famous topics for controversy personally the only fire emblem character i care about is already confirmed so i don't care who else gets in

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh the Persona and Fire Emblem fandom share so many similarities, hence why Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem exists. :troll:

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Do I look like pega pony princess to you
Ha, joke's on you:

If what I believe is right, Lucina (the picture as your avatar is Lucina) can inherit the Pegasus Knight Class from her mother if it's Sumia or Olivia. Since Sumia is the one shown with Chrom and their child in the opening cinema, I'll call that is what happened, meaning Lucina can Change Class to the Pegasus Knight Class. Once She promotes to Dark Flier she can indeed get the Galeforce skill. Ergo, you CAN pass on Galeforce to Roy because you CAN be a pega pony princess.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Although I know less to squat about Persona or Shin Megami Tensei, I can't help but worry on what this crossover could mean for the fire emblem characters. My fear is that they could become summons of sorts, be similar to monsters in the fact you can combine two beings. For instance, combining Roy and Marth could "create" Chrom, or something. I feel like that'd give Fire emblem the wrong image. Hope I'm wrong.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Although I know less to squat about Persona or Shin Megami Tensei, I can't help but worry on what this crossover could mean for the fire emblem characters. My fear is that they could become summons of sorts, be similar to monsters in the fact you can combine two beings. For instance, combining Roy and Marth could "create" Chrom, or something. I feel like that'd give Fire emblem the wrong image. Hope I'm wrong.
Yea, I'm afraid of it being summons, too. Especially because of the DLC/spotpass cards in Awakening. Forgot what they were called.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Since SMT x FE is going to take place during modern times, does that mean there's a possibility to see Roy in modern day clothes? Gods... please tell me this is gonna happen. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since SMT x FE is going to take place during modern times, does that mean there's a possibility to see Roy in modern day clothes? Gods... please tell me this is gonna happen. :sadeyes:
I suppose he'll use a flamethrower instead of his PH1R3 sword. :troll:

But I just hope they don't mess up on the story.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

But I just hope they don't mess up on the story.
Well, crossovers are usually non-canon, so even if the story ends up being a mess, it won't matter much to the series in the long run.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lol.

Eliwood, Marth, and other sword users use a plastic sword, Hector uses a firefighter's axe, Ephraim uses a pike pole, etc etc. Think of the possibilities! :troll:

Anyway, I'm not too worried on the story. It's a game being co-developed by IS and Atlus. Has Atlus ever made a crappy game with a screwed up story? However, because it's a crossover, I think I'd prefer to stay neutral at the moment and I'll make my judgement once we get more info.

I just like to say that Pokemon Conquest was a weird concept to some, and I know not everyone liked the game, however, overall the game was positively received. I don't want SMT and FE characters just to be thrown in for fanservice, and I don't think the game would be something like that. It would be cool if they pull ideas and concepts from each franchise, making a new creation, if you get what I'm saying.

Hong

The Strongest
Do you think the Fire Emblem character reveal will be timed with the 24th anniversary? Thus far, newcomers have been kind of random. For what it's worth, if Ike returns, it will be in April for sure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No anniversary except the Smash one has been officially acknowledged, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Ike will be a random reveal like Marth.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering why this thread is more popular tahn the other FE-related ones...

And I begin to understand now.

I want April to be the most butthurt worthy month for Fire Emblem: Awakening fanboys.
You seem to have sort of a problem with Awakening, like me who has one with Skyward Sword, do you ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I want April to be the most butthurt worthy month for Fire Emblem: Awakening fanboys.
So...

Who do you want revealed (assuming we're getting someone) then?

Roy? (I think he'll cause the most butthurt overall.)

Lyn?

Ike?

Oliver? (Ok, maybe him too.)

And then Chrom revealed as an AT or background stage character later on?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I ****ing hate the fanboys of Fire Emblem: Awakening and I want them to suffer at every opportunity.
...Well then.

That being said, I do hope we see a reveal of Ike sometime in the future. It'd be great to see the return of another veteran who many speculate will be cut.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So Here is my FE Thoughts
0. Marth (Confirmed)
1. Ike (Popular veteran, Recurring Lord, Unique)
2. Robin( Moveset Potential, Male/Female character, Main character of Awakening)
3. Roy (Fan Demand)
4. Chrom (Main character of Awakening, Face of Awakening, popular in Japan )
5. Lucina (Main character of Awakening, Semi Face of Awakening, Female, popular in Japan)
6. Lyn (Western Fans, Female)

And then a huge falloff. Thoughts?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
0. Marth (Confirmed)
2. Robin( Moveset Potential, Male/Female character, Main character of Awakening)
3. Roy (Fan Demand)
5. Lucina (Main character of Awakening, Semi Face of Awakening, Female, popular in Japan)

I personally have no issue with that, although I would like to ask if that is what you think is likely or what you want to see? If it's what you think is likely, while I'm entirely for Robin, I would probably put him below Chrom in terms of likelihood. Unless you really do think Robin is the more likely character, which I would love to hear your reasoning for.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm just preparing my death bed for when Micaiah gets deconfirmed as an AT. Since we probably won't get her I want Robin, Lucina, or Lyn. The amazing female FE characters need to get represented somehow. Oh and bring back Ike too because, it's Ike.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Prepare your bodies for Chrom~
Prepare your bodies for Chrom~

Next newcomer reveal, I'm callin' it~

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
0. Marth (Confirmed)
3. Roy (Fan Demand)

Also Lucina is popular in North even with FE veterans, in ManlySpirit's poll a few months back, Lucina was #2 out of the lords with Ike as #1. Also she is used to advertise the Awakening even more than Chrom, with being on the OST cover and a lot more. Also she is the #1 favorite character in Awakening on both American and Japan official poll.

Roy could be supported with being a past veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom