• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You must go to a theme park with one Fire Emblem character. PICK ONE.
Walhart.

"What's this? A 'roller coaster'? HAHA! BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW MASTER!"

Somebody make a picture of this pls.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
What if instead of having only ATs and pokeballs, we also get "Hero Cards". They could add both older lords and protagonists, to represent the older games, and also awakening characters, to represent the different classes

Hong

The Strongest
It is certainly an idea that came up in this topic previously.

Einherjar would be AWESOME and could add some variety to the game. Not sure if Nintendo cares about Fire Emblem enough to do it, though. .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Personally like Hong says neat idea but extremely unlikely. It also doesn't help that it would be a pain to give models to those random units, most casual players won't even know if it isn't from Awakening, tbh.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Personally like Hong says neat idea but extremely unlikely. It also doesn't help that it would be a pain to give models to those random units, most casual players won't even know if it isn't from Awakening, tbh.
Keep them as sprites :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
Let's see how few we can scrape by with.
  1. A character from FE1/3/11/12. Probably Tiki.
  2. One or both heroes from Gaiden
  3. Sigurd, Seliph, or both.
  4. Leif.
  5. :roymelee:
  6. Lyn, Hector, or the three heroes combined
  7. Sacred Twins
  8. Ike or possibly one of the laguz royals.
  9. Chrom and Lucina, or Robin/Grima
Of course you can switch them around if any of them are playable. Just chose for demonstration sake. That's nine possible Einherjar. It's doable, though it depends on their staff distribution, really. The graphic work will be hefty if they plan to have this in an HD environment, which is a tall order for the artists who have hundreds of trophies to design.

Hong

The Strongest
So, everyone, if you were to choose summonable Einherjar (cards) from Fire Emblem, which would they be? For realism sake, the categories are:
  1. FE1/3/11/12
  2. FE2
  3. FE4
  4. FE5
  5. FE6
  6. FE7
  7. FE8
  8. FE9/10 (can be separate if you wish)
  9. FE13
Ah, my mistake.
*pat pat* (◡‿◡✿)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
*internal laughter*
Fire Emblem Awakening should have ended with this guy assembling Lucina and Chrom for SMT X FE.
"Anything can change? So you think you are the only Fire Emblem Lords in the world. You two have become a part of a larger world, you just don't know it yet. I'm here to talk to you about the Shin Megumi Tensei X Fire Emblem Initiative."

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
You must go to a theme park with one Fire Emblem character. PICK ONE.

I pick Hector. He seems like he would be a good fatherly sort of friend, you know? I am so shy and quiet, so he would probably be comfortably with taking the reins for our day and making it a fun experience for both of us.

Honourable mentions goes to Ogma. No offence, but I am afraid some people might think he is like my boyfriend or something. Otherwise he seems like he could be a fun guy.

GO.
Oooooh! If I had to choose.... Uhh... Gah, this is tough. Do I pick my waifu or someone else or... Gaaah... This one is hard. >.< I may need more time to think about this one...

Well, no, because they can't give characters projectiles if they don't already have them.
Well, Ike throws his sword for Aether. He could do something similar to that. In theory.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, Ike throws his sword for Aether. He could do something similar to that. In theory.
Sure, if you want to remove Aether. They can't add projectiles, they can only re-purpose existing ones. And I'm not entirely sure that the Aether attack counts as a projectile in terms of technical data.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Sure, if you want to remove Aether. They can't add projectiles, they can only re-purpose existing ones. And I'm not entirely sure that the Aether attack counts as a projectile in terms of technical data.
It was only an idea. Other then that, yeah, there is no way to get it in. Maybe in Smash 4 though...

Hong

The Strongest
Saying Anna could represent the series best is a LIE.

Step aside Pokemon Trainer, OLD HUBBA ENTERS THE FRAY.

With his ability to summon hundreds of Fire Emblem characters at once, at last we can please EVERY FIRE EMBLEM FAN IN THE WORLD.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

With his ability to summon hundreds of Fire Emblem characters at once, at last we can please EVERY FIRE EMBLEM FAN IN THE WORLD.
I feel like I'm missing a joke.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I think we would all know his Final Smash...

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm going to get some flack for this, but I think the FE7 lord trio would actually be a really neat thing in Smash 4. D: I'm not entirely sure how you'd explain them being part of a single character, but.. It'd be neat.

You get Lyn's nimble/katana playstyle.. You can be a total BAMF as Hector.. And yeah, even though a lot of people dislike Eliwood (he's still one of my favorite lords..), you could make him a pretty dang unique character.. And here's how you do it.

You put him on his horse. No, seriously. You put him on a horse, and give him either the Durandel or a spear(kinda like the idea of spear better, since then they'd have the weapon triangle sword-spear-axe, but Durandel is more signature for Eliwood probably). He'd be unique in that he'd be unable to grab the ledge. In return though, he'd be fairly heavy, have a high midair jump, and his Up B makes his horse leap far into the air (and not put you into freefall). He could also have Side B be a horizontal recovery-esque move that could act as a charageable dashing move kinda like the Paladin crit in FE6/7/8:

Then their Final Smash could be a triangle attack type thing.. I dunno. I think a Eliwood/Hector/Lyn trio would be an awesome thing in Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
I like the idea, but I don't think Eliwood needs a horse to be interesting. I can think of many movesets for him that don't need it.

It's hard to imagine a horse being to proper scale without it being a hurtbox nightmare.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I like the idea, but I don't think Eliwood needs a horse to be interesting. I can think of many movesets for him that don't need it.

It's hard to imagine a horse being to proper scale without it being a hurtbox nightmare.
Make Ol' Eli' ride a pony is what I say to get past this.

Hong

The Strongest
Make Ol' Eli' ride a pony is what I say to get past this.
Better idea:

Eliwood rides on the back of Hector, while Lyn rides on the back of Eliwood.

Axes, lances, swords and bows all at once!

I have tried very hard to remove possible innuendos from this post but it's futile.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Better idea:

I have tried very hard to remove possible innuendos from this post but it's futile.
Even better:

Make Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn wear those creepy horse masks while wearing nothing but a thong.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Better idea:

Someone needs to draw that...

Wrong characters but close enough :awesome:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Actually don't own Awakening, so no.
Old Hubba is a character from the Outrealm, where the DLC takes place. Long story short, he owns cards that can summon Einherjar (phantoms) of all the greatest heroes of the seven realms.

The Einherjar have all the strength, skill, thoughts and memories of the original heroes, and some of them are even from after the heroes' story is concluded (Bride Eirika). Every time an Einherjar is defeated, they return to the talisman/card and become stronger for the next time they are summoned.

So essentially, the DLC chapters stage battles between the player and the various Fire Emblem characters across the different entries.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion

Yeah, but Eliwood mostly is known for using a Rapier when he's not on the horse.. Which is a playstyle that has a similiar 'feel' to Marth's. Yeah, getting the horse thing to work would take a little bit of thinking, but that's kind of the point. There's absolutely no other character that would be like that.

Maybe it could work by just slapping on a lot of super armor on moves and such? I DUNNO, I'M NOT THE GAME DESIGNER HERE. :( I was just spitballing.

But yeah, even non-horse Eliwood would be neat with me if the FE7 trio got into Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would prefer a single character to focus on instead of multiple ones, due to the developers inept ability to do it right. When you have the option on switching, it's either tacted on with no regards to synchronization, or plagued with too many restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom