• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I personally like Ike's voice actor, yet if it doesn't sound too different I wouldn't mind a different one. I just love the way he says his two famous quotes You'll get No Sympathy from me, and Prepare Yourself.
Gilbert Gottfried should voice Ike.
No, it should be Ridley. :troll:
(Anyone else remember when Golden made this video.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Gilbert Gottfried should voice everyone in Super Smash Bros. I want to see him say "You're too slow" in his signature obnoxious voice.

Hong

The Strongest
I personally like Ike's voice actor, yet if it doesn't sound too different I wouldn't mind a different one. I just love the way he says his two famous quotes You'll get No Sympathy from me, and Prepare Yourself.
AETHER

HUWAAAGH

HUWAAAGH

AETHER

And then I tear my ears off.

Japanese Ike does it better, in my opinion. @~@ Being the strongest hero of all the seven realms, I suppose I just expect something more buff-sounding.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh shi--

You got me there...

That's like one of my fave FE pairings.

Though, thinking about, through the course of Awakening, Chrom and the Avatar's relationship is pretty, uh, well... maybe borderline obsessive? At the very least, I got the sense that they were both pretty devoted to each other, regardless of what gender the Avatar is. Quotes like, "I guess we really are two halves of the same whole" (especially when Chrom's already married to someone else), among others, and the ending choice you could make is like, idk man. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda viewed it as something more than friendship.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Ike gets a new voice actor (though I think I kinda prefer it). Marth, I'm hoping will get an English VA. I'm sorry, but if he still speaks Japanese, I'm going to think it's pretty ridiculous at this point. If Roy gets in, regardless if he speaks English or not, I hope Jun Fukuyama will still provide his Japanese voice. Seriously, I like love that Seiyuu. not only that, but he's provided voices for various yaoi anime and BL drama CDs (which some of them are my fave BL manga off all time)... like kyaah!! he's amazing!... *swoons*

I know some people may think that voice acting is a small part (especially in a game like Smash), however, I do believe that even minor roles play a huge part in making a game, and these artists shouldn't be unacknowledged. Other roles like the director, character design artist, background artist, musicians/composers, programmers, etc., all help to create a fully polished game... I think it's a very artistic process, if I'm making any sense lol.

Hong

The Strongest
Oh shi--

You got me there...

That's like one of my fave FE pairings.
MINE TOO

Though as far as Awakening is concerned, I will also accept Chrom x Freddy (basically canon crush on Chrom), Virion x Libra and Gaius x anything on the weekends.

( 〞▽ 〝)

Nothing hasn't delivered as well as Ike x Soren/Ranulf, though.

Though, thinking about, through the course of Awakening, Chrom and the Avatar's relationship is pretty, uh, well... maybe borderline obsessive? At the very least, I got the sense that they were both pretty devoted to each other, regardless of what gender the Avatar is. Quotes like, "I guess we really are two halves of the same whole" (especially when Chrom's already married to someone else), among others, and the ending choice you could make is like, idk man. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda viewed it as something more than friendship.
tbh I think about their relationship whenever I hear the Serenity version of Robin's theme. It represents their first meeting. Chrom felt something from Robin from the very beginning for sure, and was even more carefree than he normally is as a result. Honestly i don't know how Lucina even happened, though I suppose either could fling either way.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Ike gets a new voice actor (though I think I kinda prefer it). Marth, I'm hoping will get an English VA. I'm sorry, but if he still speaks Japanese, I'm going to think it's pretty ridiculous at this point. If Roy gets in, regardless if he speaks English or not, I hope Jun Fukuyama will still provide his Japanese voice. Seriously, I like love that Seiyuu. not only that, but he's provided voices for various yaoi anime and BL drama CDs (which some of them are my fave BL manga off all time)... like kyaah!! he's amazing!... *swoons*
I know. <3 Roy's voice is SO good, and one of the reasons I like to play him. VA certainly has a good track record, and I wouldn't mind having him around again even if it's for anotherr character.

And yeah. Honestly no reason NOT to give everyone a proper English VA in this day and age. They should include optional Japanese like they did in Melee for those who want it. Even better if you can set it individually.

I know some people may think that voice acting is a small part (especially in a game like Smash), however, I do believe that even minor roles play a huge part in making a game, and these artists shouldn't be unacknowledged. Other roles like the director, character design artist, background artist, musicians/composers, programmers, etc., all help to create a fully polished game... I think it's a very artistic process, if I'm making any sense lol.
Definitely. Not just having the right voice for the character, but having the talent to deliver it correctly. Awakening has GREAT talent in that regard, and I outright expect we will be hearing from Matthew Mercer again one way or another.

I am glad Nintendo realized the importance of a good voice cast. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Kid Icarus - Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening have all delivered.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would like to take a minute and bring back a statement that Hong chap mentioned.

Then again the international audience is largely ignorant of how painful it was to not even see anything Fire Emblem in SSB64, and now that we have had three characters are spoiled up the arse beyond belief.
I don't recall there being any strife regarding to there being a lack of Fire Emblem in Super Smash Bros. at the time, considering that the first Super Smash Bros. was more of an experiment that couldn't exactly push the envelop due to budgets, scheduling, and hardware making something grand on par with Brawl impossible. But, again, it wasn't supposed to, it was more like testing what would and wouldn't work in a "King of the hill" styled fighter. As such, when it came to character selection, it played it very safe, with the only oddball at the time being Ness.

There was a desire for the inclusion of Marth in Japan, sure, but since the releases between Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee had a surprisingly small gap, there was never a sense of anxiety. We're not talking Isaac here, where people have been waiting for years for the inclusion, but got shot down with a legit risk of it happening again. The only anxiety involved was whether or not a character that never even reached the states would fare well with an entirely new breed of audience, but since the idea was liked enough, Marth and Roy managed to get onto the roster with no complications.

Now, as to why people feel spoiled, it has to do with people yearning for something different. This isn't like the beginning of the new millennium where many people were oblivious to what the hell Fire Emblem is about and started to know about what it's about in spades, nor is it the same beginning where people thought Fire Emblem was getting stale from saturation. These days people know about Fire Emblem, so naturally people would be much more informed on at least the basics of a typical game. This is also around the time where we've gotten technically three Fire Emblem characters, Marth, Ike, and Roy. Not to mention the pessimistic nature of clone characters in general. So naturally instinct would say that people would want something different, to both provide something new that Fire Emblem is about while at the same time introducing us the something that contributes to diversity.

Cue Chrom, Lucina, and Robin.

...This is where things get bloody. Chrom and Lucina are characters several people don't yearn for due to the problems of redundancy. It's concepts that have been done, which leaves a sour taste in mouths. The only thing that is holding either character is being from the best selling game in series and their supposed popularity, but neither factor exactly compensates for the fact that neither character feels fresh. The popularity factor is also a bit of an illusion in hindsight, since very little is actually contributed to their push and is just simply labeled as unavoidable. This is why neither characters are treated in a brighter light. It's not like back during the days of Brawl speculation where the character Ike was treated in a better light due to him straying from conventions typically associated with the Lord class.

This is probably where Robin comes in to become an underdog choice. He's no where near promoted as Lucina or Chrom, but he's still has a stronger sense of contrast, which like mentioned earlier people more want out of Fire Emblem. Which might actually be a much bigger factor then people think, considering that it's pretty clear being distinctive is the name of the game when it comes to newcomers. Hell, even if that wasn't the case, it's been stated multiple times that providing to the roster is a notable contribution and is encouraged. Hence, despite bieng much less popular, Robin might actually turn out the be the stronger choice considering he's not contributing to saturation unlike Chrom and Lucina.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't recall there being any strife regarding to there being a lack of Fire Emblem in Super Smash Bros. at the time, considering that the first Super Smash Bros. was more of an experiment that couldn't exactly push the envelop due to budgets, scheduling, and hardware making something grand on par with Brawl impossible. But, again, it wasn't supposed to, it was more like testing what would and wouldn't work in a "King of the hill" styled fighter. As such, when it came to character selection, it played it very safe, with the only oddball at the time being Ness.
Of course not. I never implied it was some kind of outrage. For those aware of the series, it would best be seen as odd, when we have additions like Ness or Captain Falcon being obscure, or characters like Jigglypuff and Luigi that added little to the experience. Of course without such an enthusiast community in anticipation of the product, it cannot be called a disappointment or let-down.

It was painful for me personally because I was more passionate about the series compared to most, I was a whiney teen when SSB64 came out and knew nothing about game development, so I don't feel particularly bad about it.
This is probably where Robin comes in to become an underdog choice. He's no where near promoted as Lucina or Chrom, but he's still has a stronger sense of contrast, which like mentioned earlier people more want out of Fire Emblem. Which might actually be a much bigger factor then people think, considering that it's pretty clear being distinctive is the name of the game when it comes to newcomers. Hell, even if that wasn't the case, it's been stated multiple times that providing to the roster is a notable contribution and is encouraged. Hence, despite bieng much less popular, Robin might actually turn out the be the stronger choice considering he's not contributing to saturation unlike Chrom and Lucina.
It is our best hope, in terms of both representation and diversity.

Don't let my feelings for Chrom give you the wrong idea: I would certainly not want to take a lineup of Marth, Ike and Chrom over Robin, or really a myriad of other Fire Emblem characters. It would honestly feel like a dishonour to the series. Even if Chrom could be a wholly unique character, it wouldn't really change the ultimatum. Chrom, as well as even Ike and Marth, are not really inherently unique in what they can offer. Ganondorf could have been Ike and there would never be any arguments over whether or not he would return.

I won't pretend that Nintendo does not have other potential spell-casters, but Robin comparatively has less in her territory than other leads, and even greater distinction within her class. The most natural design courses for Robin would produce a result different from, say, Magikoopa, Palutena or even Isaac. While I do think Chrom has more distinction than people give him credit for, and I think there is much more to a character than their speed (I say this because everyone seems to assume he has to be a middle-ground), that doesn't change the fact he still fairly lordly, and undoubtedly takes a few pages from Ike.

Really, it would take a deliberate effort to produce a bad product from someone like Robin, Celica or even Lyn, where as it is rather quite possible to drop the ball with Chrom. If we get another Lucas or Falco I will not be happy. It is not that having them makes the game bad, so much as development time could be spent better elsewhere. Brawl was inexcusable.

If we get Chrom, I either want him to centre around the pairing system, or replace Ike. And keep in mind this post is not PROMOTING the replacement of Ike, and people are certainly entitled to be against it, but for me personally I really don't care. Regardless of the fact Ike is my #2 homie, I don't want both of them on my screen. It is the greater of two evils.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I was just thinking, what would FE be like (in Smash) if the series had started at 7 (the first American release). Imagine how different the roster could be. Let's just say 7 came out a little earlier or whatever so Lyn was in Melee. Then by Brawl it could've been Lyn, Ephraim, and Ike.

It's just weird to think about, seeing as Marth wouldn't be a staple anymore (with Lyn probably taking his place).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I was just thinking, what would FE be like (in Smash) if the series had started at 7 (the first American release). Imagine how different the roster could be. Let's just say 7 came out a little earlier or whatever so Lyn was in Melee. Then by Brawl it could've been Lyn, Ephraim, and Ike.

It's just weird to think about, seeing as Marth wouldn't be a staple anymore (with Lyn probably taking his place).
Question on this would Marth's 4 games still exist? or would the 2 remakes become 6+7.
Cause, even if Marth isn't the first lord, in this alt. universe, I could still see him still being Smash with having 2 games already in the series, 4 if his remakes count.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Question on this would Marth's 4 games still exist? or would the 2 remakes become 6+7.
Cause, even if Marth isn't the first lord, in this alt. universe, I could still see him still being Smash with having 2 games already in the series, 4 if his remakes count.
I guess everything before 7 would cease to exist. So his two remakes would become his first two games, and numbers 5/6 in the series. The thing is though, those games would have come out a little while after Brawl (so I don't know if they'd count until Smash 4). Imagine Smash 4 as Marth's first shot at being in, while also having to compete with Chrom.

The new list of Fire Emblems would be:
Fire Emblem
Sacred Stones
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn
Shadow Dragon
Mystery of the Emblem (let's just say this got released in America too)
Awakening

Hong

The Strongest

Post 1: "Marth just doesn't belong in Smash Bros.

Why would they put a character who avoids violence in a fighting game? Also the tiara would be too confusing for people unfamiliar with him."

Post 2: "Face it: Marth is the new face of Fire Emblem. Two games, and still going strong. Kirby is a violent character in Smash Bros, so Marth can be, too."

Now, let's be honest here. Lyn and Ephraim would have made for a far more interesting cast than we have now. What would now be the Eliwood-archetype would still certainly be worth a character. Out of Eliwood, Eirika and Marth, I would want Eirika. Chrom and Lucina would actually still be in a rough spot depending on how things go, though at the very least we would not be able to pin a face to the series as we do with Marth. Personally I would still like him, though I wouldn't expect him to be there as a playable character.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Post 1: "Marth just doesn't belong in Smash Bros.

Why would they put a character who avoids violence in a fighting game? Also the tiara would be too confusing for people unfamiliar with him."

Post 2: "Face it: Marth is the new face of Fire Emblem. Two games, and still going strong. Kirby is a violent character in Smash Bros, so Marth can be, too."

Now, let's be honest here. Lyn and Ephraim would have made for a far more interesting cast than we have now. What would now be the Eliwood-archetype would still certainly be worth a character. Out of Eliwood, Eirika and Marth, I would want Eirika. Chrom and Lucina would actually still be in a rough spot depending on how things go, though at the very least we would not be able to pin a face to the series as we do with Marth. Personally I would still like him, though I wouldn't expect him to be there as a playable character.
Lol but yeah, we would need an Eliwood-esque sword user.

Either way though, it's neat to think of how different things would be. I would really want Hector, but even in this alternate world that'd still be unlikely. Like if they somehow had two FE reps in Melee (despite FE just starting out), Sakurai would probably go the old clone route with Lyn and Eliwood (don't ask questions :awesome:). Then by the time Brawl came around, you'd have Ike who was in two games and Ephraim/Erika to choose from. I guess ol' Hec never stood a chance :sadeyes:.

IS why you no make more axe lords?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Keep your dreams intact, the rugs have been recently steam dried, and having technicolor semen smeared all over the place is not allowed.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
MINE TOO

Though as far as Awakening is concerned, I will also accept Chrom x Freddy (basically canon crush on Chrom), Virion x Libra and Gaius x anything on the weekends.
Freddy's Chromsexual! ;)

I don't think I've paid much attention to Virion x Libra that much, but I did find their support convo pretty hilarious yet innocent in a way (if that makes any sense). I do wish they could reach S rank though...

Someday... someday we'll get there. I have to believe...

I really like Panne x Libra for some reason. Something about the pairing is very appealing to me, though I don't think I could explain why lol. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Tharja, however, I do like her conversation with Libra.

Libra is willing to have a hex put on him in order to get rid of painful memories, however, that obviously doesn't/couldn't happen. I found it kinda ironic that he's so eager for Tharja to manipulate his memories, yet in the end realises that just by talking to Tharja, and her listening, was almost like self-therapy, lifting his troubles. And Tharja insists Libra to enjoy his happiness now that he's "free". I kinda got the impression that Libra took up his faith and became a priest to cover up or help him move on from his past, ultimately trying to prove to himself that he is "good" (as his parents abandoned him because they thought Libra was possessed by demons or something like that). Of course Libra's abandonment plays a part in his distrust in humans and him doubting who he is. I do like the supports that dig into Libra's past, especially Nowi's as it's similar to Tharja's -- Nowi helps Libra to open up in a more direct way.

And I think there's positives messages that could be learned. Sometimes there's no quick and easy way out of troubles. For some people, finding a person that they trust, or an person willing to lend an ear, to talk to and process past memories that are bringing them down, helps them to open up and relief themselves... although, it may be initially hard for some people to do. As we process through our past, we also need to ground ourselves, focus on the present (the here and now), and what actions we should take to live a more happy and healthy life. For Libra, talking to certain people, like Tharja and Nowi for example, did him good.

GAH! T_T I think I might be looking too deep into things, but that's just my interpretation on everything. At least I got something positive out of it, right? And I can't believe I did like an analysis on the convo...

Anyway, what was I talk about before? Oh, yeah... pairings.

Hmm, I do like Ricken x Cordelia... Er, actually, I'm fond of Ricken x any older woman for that matter (probably because I'm a fan of younger boy x older girl romances in general, especially if the boy is a bit on the immature side).

Other than that though, I don't really have any more fave pairings. And you'd think I'd have a fave for everyone lol. Yeah, for the most, part in-game I marry certain people together to have awesome children...

OH WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED MY AWAKENING OTP:

Inigo x Gerome x Minerva :awesome:

And yeah. Honestly no reason NOT to give everyone a proper English VA in this day and age. They should include optional Japanese like they did in Melee for those who want it. Even better if you can set it individually.
I agree. I'd be overjoyed if we get an option for Japanese voices in all regions (I believe PAL Melee lacks the Japanese option). There's bound to be some people who might dislike English Marth, but what can you do if that's what we're going to get? As long as he doesn't sound obnoxious and annoying, I'm cool (I mean, I don't think it would fit Marth's personality and what not... although I wouldn't mind if he speaks a little bit in an arrogant tone).

And that's a really adorable pic of Chrom and the Avatar you posted. ^_^

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The whole shipping thing with Fire Emblem has gotten stale ever since the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Now people won't shut up about it, and it pretty much drowns out other discussions. Which bothers me, because it used to be much more mundane prior to the release of that game.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Wait, we're discussing yaoi from Awakening? Nice time to recheck the thread, even if I'm immensely disappointed it never went anywhere really. That honestly was my biggest disappointment with the game. I'm kind of stuck between playing a male and trying to ignore the S-rank's, or playing a female and pretending that it's just an immensely good trap. I suppose it's just because it'd be nice to see my sexuality be represented some. Though I agree Chrom is strongly attached to Robin whether male or female, though I imagine some of that is because it is the Avatar.

On the subject of Fire Emblem reps though, I would really like to see someone different, which is why I would like to see Robin. A mage would definitely provide the most diversity, though I wouldn't mind a spear user of some sort. Kind of weird to me that Kirby is closer to hitting the majority of FE's weapons than FE itself is so far.

Also, scrolling up and resaw the Chrom picture, forgot to mention that. He's a lot cuter in artwork and cutscenes than he is in the game.

Hong

The Strongest
Wait, we're discussing yaoi from Awakening? Nice time to recheck the thread, even if I'm immensely disappointed it never went anywhere really.
At least three users approve of Fire Emblem yaoi... Motion carried!
That honestly was my biggest disappointment with the game. I'm kind of stuck between playing a male and trying to ignore the S-rank's, or playing a female and pretending that it's just an immensely good trap.
For me, I would have liked if S rank could be between characters of the same sex. Regardless of whether it's PC or not, it would open more gameplay options. There are a lot of characters I wish could hook up, and just adopt a kid and teach them or something. But, you know, Japan. Not going to happen.

I never considered the Avatar as a trap. I will try that out for my next file.
I suppose it's just because it'd be nice to see my sexuality be represented some.
Yaranaika? (◡‿◡✿)
Though I agree Chrom is strongly attached to Robin whether male or female, though I imagine some of that is because it is the Avatar.
I always assumed it is because they are, in a way, modern incarnations of the branded, whether they knew it or not. Generally branded sort of give off a feeling that other branded and laguz pick up. It is something I have thought about from the very beginning when it had shown the back of Robin's hand. Not only that, but I would theorize that carrying the blood of opposite "gods" would create spiritual magnetism.
On the subject of Fire Emblem reps though, I would really like to see someone different, which is why I would like to see Robin. A mage would definitely provide the most diversity, though I wouldn't mind a spear user of some sort. Kind of weird to me that Kirby is closer to hitting the majority of FE's weapons than FE itself is so far.
That's what the community has seemed to arrive to.

Love her or not, Robin is the best choice for an Awakening character. Either you love her as a character, love her as a prospective fighter, or love her for both. People who outright oppose the inclusion of Robin are a minority, even outside of Fire Emblem fans, who are otherwise acting on the implications of what the series has to offer.

Also, scrolling up and resaw the Chrom picture, forgot to mention that. He's a lot cuter in artwork and cutscenes than he is in the game.
He is a nice piece of work.

Truth be told I found his supports with Robin gross, especially the confession. Other than that I like him. He was really nice in a few of the cutscenes. Matthew Mercer's rich voice certainly adds to the magic.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Yaranaika? I'm afraid I don't follow. Though Wikipedia leads me to believe you're asking if I'm gay (that and common sense), which would be correct. And I definitely would have loved S-ranks for everyone (maybe not everyone, but at least a couple of options. Only issue is how the kids would work, but could always just say adoption or some other equally handwavey gesture). As for the trap thing, it's because I recall hearing of one who was so much of one that they thought they were the opposite gender that they were. There are some Avatar models that are a bit more androgynous, so it works well (and this is the series that has Lucius, so it's not that farfetched).

As for Chrom himself, I like him as a character, he just isn't particularly... well, exciting. Nothing wrong with him mind you, he's just not my favorite FE Lord really. I like Marth/Eliwood quite a bit though, and Ephraim (and some of that is only due to appearance. :p ). Eliwood/Ephraim have no chance of being in Fire Emblem though, but I'm glad the Lucina should replace Marth thing ended. Nothing wrong with Lucina, but I'd like to see Marth continue to be in Fire Emblem.

And yeah, for me it's as a fighter. Nothing wrong with her character, but Fire Emblem is filled with fun characters in general. So for me prioritizing a fun fighter is the big thing.

Hong

The Strongest
Yaranaika? I'm afraid I don't follow. Though Wikipedia leads me to believe you're asking if I'm gay (that and common sense), which would be correct.
Oh, I got that.

I meant it more literally (as in "Should we do it?"), but jokingly.

Because... Well, you know.

This is awkward. ◔ᴗ◔
As for Chrom himself, I like him as a character, he just isn't particularly... well, exciting. Nothing wrong with him mind you, he's just not my favorite FE Lord really. I like Marth/Eliwood quite a bit though, and Ephraim (and some of that is only due to appearance. :p ). Eliwood/Ephraim have no chance of being in Fire Emblem though, but I'm glad the Lucina should replace Marth thing ended. Nothing wrong with Lucina, but I'd like to see Marth continue to be in Fire Emblem.
When I spoke of Chrom, I was speaking of appearances. As far as personality, I like him more than the lords 4-8, sans Leif. Beyond that, I certainly have a number of characters I like more, including the two other leads from his game.
And yeah, for me it's as a fighter. Nothing wrong with her character, but Fire Emblem is filled with fun characters in general. So for me prioritizing a fun fighter is the big thing.
Robin, Celica, Anna, Tiki, Ephraim and Xane all have the most to offer as fighters.

Honourable mentions go to Alm, Lyn, Chrom and Lucina, who would be great characters to have, but we could do better.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Lol, surprising for me to be that obtuse. An immensely flattering offer, especially since I picture you as Marth due to the avatar. I suppose I'm a black void though. :p *silly*

And true, thinking about Chrom a bit more, I do like his personality a decent amount. But then again I like Fire Emblem characters as a whole. It's rare for me to find someone that has no real redeeming value. I think I'm also just immensely easy to please characterization-wise though. Appearance-wise I'm more fussy.

I can't inherently agree with Anna having the most to offer as a fighter, as unless the gimmick you're going for is staff (which could apply to a large number of characters potentially), she's not more special than a Thief of some variety or another. And I would love a Manekete to appear as a playable rep. Would be the ideal way to represent that aspect of Fire Emblem, Dragons are a big deal to the series.

And since I'm needlessly curious as the subject came up (far too difficult to find), favorite Fire Emblem males? Could just be Awakening as it is more of a focal point, though I'm fine with a general answer. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In before that Ike-sama guy gets all rump ravaged because of homo.

Also, I sort of agree and disagree on the notion that Chrom does have a good personality. He does have qualities of a good character, he's heroic and noble but also a bit of a dork and makes rash mistakes, so there isn't any inherent problems. The problem though is that he doesn't have enough character development, which makes him feel kind of one dimensional at times. There is a foundation, but in the end it's kind of more difficult to sympathize with the character because we're not given fleshed out enough reasons to care.

Hong

The Strongest
Oh. Lol, surprising for me to be that obtuse. An immensely flattering offer, especially since I picture you as Marth due to the avatar. I suppose I'm a black void though. :p *silly*
T~T I'm pretty IRL but not as pretty as Marth, I'm afraid.
And true, thinking about Chrom a bit more, I do like his personality a decent amount. But then again I like Fire Emblem characters as a whole. It's rare for me to find someone that has no real redeeming value. I think I'm also just immensely easy to please characterization-wise though. Appearance-wise I'm more fussy
Few characters I don't like. Just the same, since I have positive feelings for so many characters, it just means the ones I go out of the way to delve on have to mean something more, yeah? I would say the same could apply for you.

In this starry sky, ask yourself which ones shine brightest.
I can't inherently agree with Anna having the most to offer as a fighter, as unless the gimmick you're going for is staff (which could apply to a large number of characters potentially), she's not more special than a Thief of some variety or another.
You are focusing on the wrong part of Anna. If you have time, take a look at this. In a way, Anna could represent Fire Emblem almost as well as Marth.
And I would love a Manekete to appear as a playable rep. Would be the ideal way to represent that aspect of Fire Emblem, Dragons are a big deal to the series.
Some nice Tiki movsets on SmashBoards that don't necessarily have her transform, but still have attacks with a divine-dragon motif. I think she could be fun.
And since I'm needlessly curious as the subject came up (far too difficult to find), favorite Fire Emblem males? Could just be Awakening as it is more of a focal point, though I'm fine with a general answer. :p
Has to be male? My favourite character in the series is Elincia, followed by Lucina, then Ike.

Though if you meant favourite LIKE THAT, um...

There are many I like, but if I had to narrow it down, Marth, Alm (mostly because Awakening), Eldigan, Roy (only because of Melee), Lucius, Ike (RD), Soren, Volug, Zelgius, Chrom and Gaius.

Or Xane if you want all of the above.

How about you?
Also, I sort of agree and disagree on the notion that Chrom does have a good personality. He does have qualities of a good character, he's heroic and noble but also a bit of a dork and makes rash mistakes, so there isn't any inherent problems. The problem though is that he doesn't have enough character development, which makes him feel kind of one dimensional at times. There is a foundation, but in the end it's kind of more difficult to sympathize with the character because we're not given fleshed out enough reasons to care.
Basically. He may as well have been a cardboard cutout from ch10 up until it was time to come out of the cupboard for the last chapter.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
In before that Ike-sama guy gets all rump ravaged because of homo.

I honestly think the main reason for this is the avatar.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Basically. He may as well have been a cardboard cutout from ch10 up until it was time to come out of the cupboard for the last chapter.
Not that it will mean much in the context of Super Smash Bros., but it kind of emphasizes how uninteresting the character is. Which is weird, because in previous games characters were better handled overall. I do like a few characters from Fire Emblem Awakening, like Gangrel and Donnel, but it still falls short compared to previous entries.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I know all about that aspect of Anna, but you specifically listed her as a fighter, which was the merit by which I judged her. And as a fighter she doesn't have anything particularly noteworthy. Nothing wrong with her, and if she was a status fighter that would certainly make for a fun little fighter (and the only reason I'd like to see her in, her being the Cid of Fire Emblem not being the main factor).

Pretty is always a plus? :p Albeit then it sounds like I'm hitting on you, which is far from the intention, but it's very hard not to have that kind of back and forth for me at times. And seems like you and I have the same interests in guys, I'll need to go take a look to be sure, but I know that I like all of the ones you listed. I had to look up Xane and Eldigan, I never got around to finishing FE4, and it's been ages since I played Shadow Dragon, but both of them look nice. I like Eliwood quite a bit as well, Ephraim, and Ike. Ranulf is also really adorable, Tormod... really, a ton of viable options. If I had to pick one for personality and looks, it'd be a lot harder, mostly because, again, applies to a ton. I don't think there is someone whom I like looks-wise that I dislike personality-wise.

And I do like a ton of the girl characters as well, but yes, I did mean like that. :p Fire Emblem has so many good characters. Honestly getting bogged down by all of them when I try and sift through them, and I haven't even played all of them, just the US released ones (FE6/4 I tried, but were tricky to get through as far as I did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom