• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Congratulations, you just sprayed a wolf with a water bottle, your gonna be might tasty chrom guy.
Well I just ate a bear the other day (whom my delicious husbando killed for me) so as long as he's around....YOU WON'T BE A PROBLEM!!!

No one can defeat a starting Paladin Great Knight:troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well I just ate a bear the other day (whom my delicious husbando killed for me) so as long as he's around....YOU WON'T BE A PROBLEM!!!

No one can defeat a starting Paladin :troll:
1. Your husbando sucks.

2. Your husbando is always in the outrealm, showing off his booty shorts. He won't be around for the ambush. Paladin/Great knight or not, you don't got no elixirs, we'll surround you and chip away at you at enemy phase.... with spawning reinforcements that come out of nowhere and can attack :troll:, and i'll be the one to deliver the finishing blow.

And there's nothing you can do about it miss ashera.

I have no idea what i'm doing

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
People won't stop complaining, but at least they'll be there.

I mostly want both so people shut the **** up about Chrom REPLACING Ike.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally just want Marth and Anna, they are the best in general representatives for Fire Emblem, and I wouldn't mind if Ike was gone. But Fire Emblem deserves 3 reps, so I just add Ike for filler.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I think I've actually started to hope that Lyn isn't in this game so that she'll be in Project M.

Lucina, on the other hand ... Sigh. So unlikely.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Lyn in Project M is something to really look forward to.

Except it'll probably be a while after Smash 4 releases before they'd ever be done with her.:tired::crying:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd be pretty surprised if Lyn got into this game, so Project M seems like the more likely of the two. I just hope Fire Emblem gets three characters, it has the potential to have a lot of fun fighters, but they never seem to utilize it.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I never said I want all three to be similar to each other. I'm certainly hoping there is some diversity between them. And yeah, Fire Emblem as a Smash game would be a lot of fun though. I think it'd get mildly repetitive if we had the same size of roster though. I'm sure they could do a lot, but I get the feeling it wouldn't go as I'd like.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
My wish? Lyn revealed for P:M, then after its released, SSB4 Lyn announced. Because the PM team said that once they add a character they are in no matter what happens with SSB4. And I'd rather have Marth and Ike then Marth, Ike, Chrom. If only because the time spent on Chrom can be spent on some other newcomer

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My wish? Lyn revealed for P:M, then after its released, SSB4 Lyn announced. Because the PM team said that once they add a character they are in no matter what happens with SSB4. And I'd rather have Marth and Ike then Marth, Ike, Chrom. If only because the time spent on Chrom can be spent on some other newcomer
This is my wish too.

Though realistically I see it happening in only one smash game, but i dunno which one yet. I would like an official playable lyn, but if not then i'll settle for PM lyn. But i would like the official smash 4 one.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
This is my wish too.

Though realistically I see it happening in only one smash game, but i dunno which one yet. I would like an official playable lyn, but if not then i'll settle for PM lyn. But i would like the official smash 4 one.
That would be great. But considering the very real chance of Nintendo screwing up (See: Melee Kirby, Ganondorf, Roy, Ike to a certain extent in Brawl) I'd be happy enough with her in P:M.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
That would be great. But considering the very real chance of Nintendo screwing up (See: Melee Kirby, Ganondorf, Roy, Ike to a certain extent in Brawl) I'd be happy enough with her in P:M.
I trust Sakurai, but if she gets in P:M with Manly's moveset I'd be more than satisfied.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm fine with either choice. tho kirby is like that because well, he'd break the game if he was truly canon.

But i'd prefer an official reveal and not a mod. But like I said, i'm fine with either. but if somehow we goth both? lol that's cool with me.

Hong

The Strongest
Name your top five picks for inclusion into Smash Bros.

Past or present, doesn't matter. Choose based on whatever you value most. Go.

For me, I would pick:
1) Marth
2) Robin
3) Tiki (classic)
4) Elincia
5) Ephraim

With everyone but Elincia, you should have a good idea of what I want. Diversity, as well as wide series representation.

Not sure if I have ever had an Elincia moveset, but she would be a whole new breed of sword user, with heavy emphasis on FAST aerial play and staff utility. In addition to a double jump, she would have a fast directional airdash, and a lot of multi-hitting strikes to reflect the Crimean family royal treasure: Amiti. Warp/Rescue, Silence, Warding, Torch and a number of other staves could all make for fun Special ideas.

Morbi

Scavenger
Name your top five picks for inclusion into Smash Bros.

Past or present, doesn't matter. Choose based on whatever you value most. Go.

For me, I would pick:
1) Marth
2) Robin
3) Tiki (classic)
4) Elincia
5) Ephraim

With everyone but Elincia, you should have a good idea of what I want. Diversity, as well as wide series representation.

Not sure if I have ever had an Elincia moveset, but she would be a whole new breed of sword user, with heavy emphasis on FAST aerial play and staff utility. In addition to a double jump, she would have a fast directional airdash, and a lot of multi-hitting strikes to reflect the Crimean family royal treasure: Amiti. Warp/Rescue, Silence, Warding, Torch and a number of other staves could all make for fun Special ideas.
1) Marth
2) Ike
3) Chrom (Lucina)
4) Roy
5) Lyn

Morbi

Scavenger
This is my wish too.

Is Lyn actually going to be in Project M? Or is that just speculation? I don't follow Project M news, but if it official, I might need to finally get around to downloading it.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Lyn
4. Lucina
5. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR - Okay, no, fine.

5. Hector

Although, I'm really digging Hong's Elincia moveset and I cry to think that it'll never happen.

I really, really want a Pegasus Knight Lancer/Dracoknight Axe-bearing Lord. I mean, c'mon. It would be so cool.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
1. Marth. He absolutely has to keep being in this game (for me). He's the original Lord, and the most recurring one.
2. Micaiah. I choose her as the Tellius rep (my goal is to give each continent at least someone). Light Magic, a Lord, and in general would be fun to me.
3. Lyon. My Magvell rep. A potential villain of sorts, uses Dark Magic (I like magic), and in general I really liked the character.
4. Roy. Bringing back Roy, not because I want him per say, but because Elibe getting someone is the goal, and I'd rather bring back an old character than bring in a new one. Lyn would probably be the choice otherwise, or possibly Hector.
5. Not sure who to pick from Jugdral, but that's the goal for five. Would want someone unique. I suppose could go with Sigurd and spears, but not sure I like that.

Hong

The Strongest
To those that participated, nice lists. Glad to see many people feel as I do about Marth. I would like to talk about my other choices, as Mirron did.

I almost posted that with Celica at #2, but I went with Robin instead, with two reasons for that choice. The first being I dread they would use the redesigned loli doujinshi Celica, which is completely unacceptable. The other being that I feel Robin would overall standout the most from the cast, with dart motif and attire.

Tiki would be a cute addition, and I think she could offer a new breed of flying projectile user. Plus I would love to see divine magic/white flames. She would be absolutely nothing else.

Elincia, biased because she is wonderful. That said, she would be the prime candidate for integrating the qualities of a pegasus knight into a fighting character. Both because she is lordish, and because she can mix it up a bit.

Ephraim more than anything because he is without a doubt the best spear user I can think of. Other lords can use them, too, but I like if they stick with their marketed qualities.
I really, really want a Pegasus Knight Lancer/Dracoknight Axe-bearing Lord. I mean, c'mon. It would be so cool.
It becomes very difficult to design chapters if lords can fly. Originally, the lord being weak and immobile was a core gameplay element. You had to balance protecting the lord versus letting them fight so they can stand up for themselves, and guide them to the throne or fortress to seize it. Strictly speaking of starter lords (IE not Ephraim), with the exception of Celica and Sigurd, it was that way up until Ike, where they became less Myrmidon and more Mercenary. Well I guess Alm was a little Mercenaryish.

If they were to have a flying lord, they would need to drastically change how seize chapters are done. Just having the boss on the throne is not enough; there are already a number of strategies for FE8-10 and 13 that just have the player ignore most of the content with rescue, because they can survive the nearby enemies and kill the boss in quick time. While it would be new and interesting, if we wanted a flying lord we would really need a different kind of game.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Is Lyn actually going to be in Project M? Or is that just speculation? I don't follow Project M news, but if it official, I might need to finally get around to downloading it.
Speculation. that's she likely to be made, plus m2k approved, and there was a reddit "leak" that happened that I don't have the link to.

Anyway.
1.Marth
2. Ike
3.Lyn
4. Ephraim
5. Robin (I had a the silver haired maiden here but, I think a tactician would be better, he's also a mage, too bad he's a husk).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Weird how everyone is so attached to Fire Emblem.

People, you know there are other series, right?
I thought hong said name your top 5 FE characters that should be in smash bros........ I mean this is an FE thread and hong listed all FE so I figured that's what it was.

Anyway

1. Lyn
2. Palutena
3. Krystal
4. Shulk
5. Waddle Dee

Hong

The Strongest
I did not include the term "Fire Emblem" before characters because I thought it would be sensible enough given the topic.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I thought hong said name your top 5 FE characters that should be in smash bros........ I mean this is an FE thread and hong listed all FE so I figured that's what it was.

Anyway

1. Lyn
2. Palutena
3. Krystal
4. Shulk
5. Waddle Dee
You know he's prob just trolling dude :troll:.

Btw, how dare you pick Robin over Hector in your other list :troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know he's prob just trolling dude :troll:.

Btw, how dare you pick Robin over Hector in your other list :troll:
he's 6th.

just like takamaru is 6th.

I just thought a magic/sword robin would be better, plus the tacticians are like part of the series so.....sorry. this is a non biased list, or else i'd have hector in there. and maybe leif.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Well, if we're including other series, it's still

1) Ike
2) Marth
3) Lyn
4) Lucina

for me. Then there's

5) Slippy Toa - OH MY GOD EW I COULDN'T EVEN GET THROUGH THAT

For serious,

5) No one, really. I enjoy Nintendo greatly, but FE's my favorite game series of all time. Sue me.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
he's 6th.

just like takamaru is 6th.

I just thought a magic/sword robin would be better, plus the tacticians are like part of the series so.....sorry. this is a non biased list, or else i'd have hector in there. and maybe leif.
Why does having Hector have to be biased :sadeyes:. Lol, I know he'd be unlikely for a multitude of reasons, but having him and Ephraim would complete the weapon triangle :troll:.

Cue Sakurai adding dumb gimmicks!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why does having Hector have to be biased :sadeyes:. Lol, I know he'd be unlikely for a multitude of reasons, but having him and Ephraim would complete the weapon triangle :troll:.
Real men say screw the weapon triangle, Lancereavers *****. :troll:

Because FE 7's my favorite FE, I don't wanna be biased, heck I don't like another empty husk like robin being playable, but i'm being fair.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was indeed trolling, because being literal as a form of being a smart arse is a decent pass time.

But seriously, a new Fire Emblem character isn't even in my top 10.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Real men say screw the weapon triangle, Lancereavers *****. :troll:

Because FE 7's my favorite FE, I don't wanna be biased, heck I don't like another empty husk like robin being playable, but i'm being fair.
Greil disobeyed the weapon triangle, and you know what happened with him :troll:.

Yeah, FE7 is my fav too, but it's an amazing game regardless. At least it got an assist trophy, but I'd like to see either Lyn kept or a different one from FE7 in Smash 4.

Empty husk? Cue Villager-esque memes for Robin!

Hong

The Strongest
I was indeed trolling, because being literal as a form of being a smart arse is a decent pass time.

But seriously, a new Fire Emblem character isn't even in my top 10.
Personally I wouldn't want five Fire Emblem characters to begin with in any event. Makes it immensely less likely the rest of the product will be good if we are just throwing characters in like that.

Mind you, if Fire Emblem traded places with Mario or something, that would be different.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Greil disobeyed the weapon triangle, and you know what happened with him :troll:.

Yeah, FE7 is my fav too, but it's an amazing game regardless. At least it got an assist trophy, but I'd like to see either Lyn kept or a different one from FE7 in Smash 4.

Empty husk? Cue Villager-esque memes for Robin!
You know that the black knight's armor could only be pierced by a weapon such as the ragnell...... that's why.

I want lyn playable, but it would be cool to see other FE assists from the past FE's before 7.

I'm getting tired of all the avatar characters that could be playable, mii, robin, wii fit trainer, villager, etc. I want some personality man.

Villager is okay though, and Wii fit trainer is here to stay, but come on 2 more? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom