• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
You know that the black knight's armor could only be pierced by a weapon such as the ragnell...... that's why.

I want lyn playable, but it would be cool to see other FE assists from the past FE's before 7.

I'm getting tired of all the avatar characters that could be playable, mii, robin, wii fit trainer, villager, etc. I want some personality man.

Villager is okay though, and Wii fit trainer is here to stay, but come on 2 more? why?
I agree on more past FE assist trophies (like maybe Sigurd, Leif, Seliph, or Alm), and also that having Robin would be kinda much with all the other likely "avatar newcomers."

Also what are you talking about? He obviously died because he disobeyed the triangle :troll:. That whole segment and plot point was a giant tutorial :awesome:.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Also what are you talking about? He obviously died because he disobeyed the triangle :troll:. That whole segment and plot point was a giant tutorial :awesome:.
Even if he used a freaking lance he would have died. :awesome:

He didn't die because of the triangle.

And why does FE NEED to represent the weapon triangle? Sakurai can pick whatever he likes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I wouldn't want five Fire Emblem characters to begin with in any event. Makes it immensely less likely the rest of the product will be good if we are just throwing characters in like that.

Mind you, if Fire Emblem traded places with Mario or something, that would be different.
I wouldn't mind five Fire Emblem characters if they got the proper amount of diversity, aka not all expies.

I do find it weird how people are so hard pressed with numbers, if a character offers something positive then it shouldn't be a problem.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Isn't this one (I remembered it from FE7): http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Maltet

I would play RD, if I could fine a copy that isn't $10000000 :ohwell:
I'll have to check around for one, so I can fight Ahersasha......

Or I could play more FE7 :awesome:.
That wasn't in POR or RD, dis ain't elibe.

Yo ho ho..... I b a pirate...... yeah hinty hint hint hint.

that works too, i'm playing that rite now.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
That wasn't in POR or RD, dis ain't elibe.

Yo ho ho..... I b a pirate...... yeah hinty hint hint hint.

that works too, i'm playing that rite now.
You think Greil cares about something as insignificant as that? He would throw continuity out the window and get both that lance and Ephraim's Seigmund to dual wield the hell out of BK.

He doesn't care about the weapon triangle, so why should he care about the fabric of space and time.

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't mind five Fire Emblem characters if they got the proper amount of diversity, aka not all expies.

I do find it weird how people are so hard pressed with numbers, if a character offers something positive then it shouldn't be a problem.
It's a matter of development time. I don't like big rosters in general.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You think Greil cares about something as insignificant as that? He would throw continuity out the window and get both that lance and Ephraim's Seigmund to dual wield the hell out of BK.

He doesn't care about the weapon triangle, so why should he care about the fabric of space and time.
Because Greil has no idea how to even use an outrealm gate, now shush.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Btw guys, how about who you'd pick for a Fire Emblem fighting game (in a smash bros fashion) that consists of 24-30 characters?

Would you try to represent all the series? Would you pick depending on the popularity of the games?

If you guys want, shoot up a list ;).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's a matter of development time. I don't like big rosters in general.
This is more so a hypothetical sense, not a reality sense.

Like, if there were five Fire Emblem characters, it shouldn't be a problem as long as there isn't a sense of redundancy.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Btw guys, how about who you'd pick for a Fire Emblem fighting game (in a smash bros fashion) that consists of 24-30 characters?

Would you try to represent all the series? Would you pick depending on the popularity of the games?

If you guys want, shoot up a list ;).
To me it would make no sense to have a Fire Emblem fighting game but only include characters from the popular games. I would include at least one character or two from the unpopular games too.

Primary lords
1. Marth
2. Alm
3. Seliph
4. Leaf
5. Roy
6. Eirika
7. Ike
8. Chrom

Unlockable lords
9. Cellica
10. Sigurd
11. Lyn
12. Eliwood
13. Hector
14. Ephraim
15. Micaiah
16. Lucina
17. Grima/Robin

Villains
18. Medeus
19. Alvis or Julius
20. Zephiel
21. Nergal
22. Lyon
23. Black Knight

Most iconic and recurring characters
24. Anna
25. Tiki
26. One of the Pegasus sisters Palla, Catria, or Est

Important non-lords
27. Sothe
28. Elincia
29. Lilina
30. Caeda

Bonus: some Popular Minor characters
31. Nino
32. Innes
33. Nephenee
34. Owain
35. Tharja

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
To me it would make no sense to have a Fire Emblem fighting game but only include characters from the popular games. I would include at least one character or two from the unpopular games too.

Primary lords
1. Marth
2. Alm
3. Seliph
4. Leaf
5. Roy
6. Eirika
7. Ike
8. Chrom

Unlockable lords
9. Cellica
10. Sigurd
11. Lyn
12. Eliwood
13. Hector
14. Ephraim
15. Micaiah
16. Lucina
17. Grima/Robin

Villains
18. Medeus
19. Alvis or Julius
20. Zephiel
21. Nergal
22. Lyon
23. Black Knight

Most iconic and recurring characters
24. Anna
25. Tiki
26. One of the Pegasus sisters Palla, Catria, or Est

Important non-lords
27. Sothe
28. Elincia
29. Lilina
30. Caeda

Bonus: some Popular Minor characters
31. Nino
32. Innes
33. Nephenee
34. Owain
35. Tharja
Sweet, there's a lot of neat stuff on there :). I'm diggin' a bunch of those choices :chuckle:.

I wonder if a WTF character like Merlinus could work haha.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Name your top five picks for inclusion into Smash Bros.
For me, I would pick:
1) Marth
2) Robin
3) Tiki (classic)
4) Elincia
5) Ephraim
1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Lyn
4. Roy
5. Robin

For someone who prefers no cuts, and doesn't mind clones, the list is good enough, right?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Niko Mar I switch my roster to this!

Why? To balance it out of course :awesome:. Every hair color and weapon represented and also laguz.

:happysheep:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
1) Marth
2) Anna
3) Ike
4) Tiki
5) SENATOR ARMSTRO-Er, I mean, Walhart. (Probably actually Roy or Lyn, I cannot decide.)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Past or present, doesn't matter. Choose based on whatever you value most. Go.

For me, I would pick:
1) Marth
2) Robin
3) Tiki (classic)
4) Elincia
5) Ephraim

With everyone but Elincia, you should have a good idea of what I want. Diversity, as well as wide series representation.

Not sure if I have ever had an Elincia moveset, but she would be a whole new breed of sword user, with heavy emphasis on FAST aerial play and staff utility. In addition to a double jump, she would have a fast directional airdash, and a lot of multi-hitting strikes to reflect the Crimean family royal treasure: Amiti. Warp/Rescue, Silence, Warding, Torch and a number of other staves could all make for fun Special ideas.
Just FE characters?
1. Lyn
2. Marth
3. Roy
4. Ike
5. Yarne

1. Anna
2. Marth
3. TIki
4. Yarne
5. Chrom/Lucina.
Good. Very good.

Hong

The Strongest
Speaking of which, I do find that interesting.

Many characters within Awakening imply that the Taguel are descendents of the laguz, and that the laguz still exist. In the DLC, Sothe did not want to fight Panne outright stating she is laguz, and he would wish to find out more instead. As far as fan speculation goes, it could even be said the Brand of the Exalt could simply be a brand, period. Thus far we have not had any genealogical information on how being branded carries over into a long bloodline. In the desert near Begnion, we have a colony of branded, and many of them are simply the descendants of other branded, so the "branded" features sticking around would make sense. Two half-beorc!half-laguz branded produce off-spring, there is still the same amount of laguz blood.

Though the Exalted bloodline has not necessarily been breeding with other potentially branded individuals, and probably not any laguz either, so one would imagine that the laguz blood would run thin. Would the extended life span be all but deteriorated by now? Going further, are the manakete simply the descendants of the Goldoan dragons? Panne, Henry and Nowi all suggest there are other laguz out there.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
1) Lucina
2) Alm
3) Walhart
4) Micaiah
5) Marth

As far as fan speculation goes, it could even be said the Brand of the Exalt could simply be a brand, period... Would the extended life span be all but deteriorated by now?
Seliph and Leif's recruiting conversations imply that the Mark of Grima, and by extension the Brand of the Exalt, are the same as the brands that come from possessing Holy Blood in Jugdral. Don't think they'd be brands like the branded in Tellius, since those with Holy Blood aren't actually biologically related to the Dragon they made the pact with, and the twelve crusaders in Judgral didn't appear to have extended lifespans.

Hong

The Strongest
Seliph and Leif's recruiting conversations imply that the Mark of Grima, and by extension the Brand of the Exalt, are the same as the brands that come from possessing Holy Blood in Jugdral. Don't think they'd be brands like the branded in Tellius, since those with Holy Blood aren't actually biologically related to the Dragon they made the pact with, and the twelve crusaders in Judgral didn't appear to have extended lifespans.
Hm. :/

At the very least, I love a series that has so many questions to answer and possible plot points floating around. I would love to see if they ever revisit or reference Magvel later, or connect Elibe to the other realms.

Thus far, they are the only two you can't somehow connect to the others, unless I am missing something. I would love if they remade Gaiden and continued the story, and somehow connected the actions of the heroes to some sort of consequence in FE8.

Great list, by the way! Always room in my heart for some Lucina love.

Last edited:

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Let's see..... without necessarily being realistic, I would choose:

1. Marth - I wouldn't have gotten into the series was it not for his inclusion in Melee
2. Lyndis - My favorite FE character ever. It helps that she was the first character I ever played as. Through countless replays, I still believe that FE7 is the best game of the series.
3. Hector - I always have get him and Lyn an A support together because they are at their best together. Best axe user there is.
4. Nergal - Continuing with the FE7 heavy bias! Nergal is definitely my favorite final (human) villain there is. At first I was going to put Lyon here, but like I said I played both games countless of times and I find Nergal's tragedy to be much deeper than Lyon's, even though it's not immediately obvious. He's a very compelling character and he would be pretty epic on the battlefield.
5. Ike - Again:

Boatload of Honorable Mentions (mostly characters I like the most):
Roy, Dieck, Fae, Lloyd/Linus tag team, Limstella, Geitz, Ephraim, Seth, Joshua, Marisa, Jill, Nephenee, Innes, Elincia, Tibarn, Black Knight, Nolan, Nailah, Sully and Tharja.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
1. Marth
2. Anna
3. Roy
4. Tiki
5. Hector

:joyful:

Honestly I'd like any combination as long as Anna is one of them. Fire Emblem's potential is through the roof!

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Top 5 FE characters:
Being realistic:
1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Lyn
4. Robin
5. Roy

Unrealistic/wishlist:
1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Anna
4. Leif
5. Lewyn

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
For some reason, I get the impression that Hector has some kind of secret >.> <.<

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Past or present, doesn't matter. Choose based on whatever you value most. Go.
- Roy
- Eliwood
- Elbert
- Ninian
- Nergal

WHAT A HAPPY FAMILY!! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom