• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I always shipped Ike and Elincia because I'm completely unoriginal and like green haired females.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I always liked Ike and Ranulf even if Soren seems more fitting, but Ranulf is a lot cuter to me. :p

So, what would you guys like to see from the next Fire Emblem game?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I personally have always seen Ike as an asexual. Though, I suppose you can make an argument that a lot of Video game protags fall under the asexual spectrum, for the sheer fact that they do not end up with a partner or may not have any interest in romantic/sexual relationships, especially when certain "situations" pop up. I personally think it's up to the player to interpret whatever the heck they want anyway.

At any rate, strangely enough, I don't really ship Ike with anyone, unless you want to count crack pairings. :awesome:
I would really love a FE 6/7 remake! If not than a game with/starring Roy cuz I'm super biased!

In all seriousness, I think I'd appreciate a remake more than a completely new game. I'm kinda worried that if IS makes a new lord and he/she has some resemblance/inspiration from a previous lord(s), that I might feel tired, if that makes any sense.

Oh, and DLC is nice too! Not only for the fanservice, but for the longevity/replay value as well!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, for me Ike is always cute, and I would like to have a Lord who shares my interests. Plus Radiant Dawn has a lot of characters I like. *shrugs*

And I would like another game set in Elibe, but then again it was my first Fire Emblem, so it would be fun. I also think FE7 with FE6 set up like the Jugdral games would be a lot of fun. Sure, there's Pent/... drawing a blank on her name, and Canas wouldn't have any variations (maybe Canas' other A-ranked supports could influence things like a pairing, even if Hugh still has the same mom), but still. I definitely want to see Light Magic return, and more magic classes. I'd also like to see the Affinity system return.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I always liked Ike and Ranulf even if Soren seems more fitting, but Ranulf is a lot cuter to me. :p

For now I would love some ports of older FE titles to the 3DS eShop, specifically Sacred Stones because I really want to play that right now (I could just, and probably will, emu it) and some of the Japan-only titles too. This would be a smart move on the part of IS and Nintendo, because Awakening has generated new appeal for the series and that could get people into older FE titles. And if the ports do well, IS could work on a new FE game that would have a wider audience.

I would also ****ing love a release of Path of Radiance on the Wii U eShop; that game is too hard to come by nowadays.

Specifically, I'd like that the next FE game had a story that actually pans out well. FE is heavily story-driven, and Awakening fell short of delivering a good story. It had potential, but I felt it was paced in a way that made achieving that potential impossible. I'd like the biorhythms, light magic, terrain advantages, 3rd-tier classes, additional weapons and other complexities of the "radiant" saga games to return, while including the reclassing, sidequests, random battles, dual support system, DLC, skills, maybe even children characters again and then some of the facets of older FE games: specifically trainee classes and villager recruitment (they touched on this a bit in Awakening with Donnel, but I was hoping for a few more).

Ike seemed to snub all his romantic interests. I find it amusing IS made Elinica drop hints at Ike all the time for him to never even acknowledge it. I thought maybe Mia would have something going on there, but no, another unrequited love. Ike X Soren just makes too much sense to be ignored. Or Sothe. Sothe was all about some Ike.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
weren't you done with that? make up your mine boi, either way i have my stalkers, hong is just now another one. :troll:
Just kiss him already.

I don't appreciate you leading my dad on like that. :troll:

I actually want the GBA FE games to come to virtual console.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Just kiss him already.

I don't appreciate you leading my dad on like that. :troll:

I actually want the GBA FE games to come to virtual console.
Hey son, he came on to me, i've just been blindly playing along, i don't get what he sees in me. :troll: ( I don't roll that way btw)

Same, and the other FE's that haven't made it to the states yet. I seriously wish IS did a FE anniversary collection, or something like that.

Hong

The Strongest
^

More quality, less quantity. Fewer characters, fewer classes, designed and written better. Give us a real hard mode that is actually based on tactical challenge and not a memory game for where reinforcements arrive.

Give us another sucky lord that we have to babysit. I for one liked the idea of a Dark Mage-based lord. Give use a more thought-provoking story that does not discard the suspension of belief in like three chapters.

Awakening's presentation set the bar for how things should be done in how they look and sound. Work on the battle animation so it's as cool and creative the GBA games.

SInce everyone is talking remakes, I wouldn't mind if they remade Gaiden. Give it traditional Fire Emblem rules and flesh out the story more.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Work on the battle animation so it's as cool and creative the GBA games.
I actually like the FE style sprites. I'm all for progress, but the new animations could have at least bothered to be like spiritual sucessor to the GBA animations. I mean they kept an overworld sprite map.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's probably going to be Ashley all over again, people getting upset that a fan favorite is regulated to the sidelines.

Also my opinion on Tharja is that her only appeal is the fanservice. Wearing tight clothing does that. But I don't like here character much, not much of yandere fan.
So it's basically Krystal all over again?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If they do make it an Awakening sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if IS makes the younger Lucina the main character, pretty much the same in looks and personality, but wouldn't talk of being from the future, and all the tragedies she went through.

I personally would like either that, or a return to a continent like Tellius, Elibe, or Jugdral.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If they do make it an Awakening sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if IS makes the younger Lucina the main character, pretty much the same in looks and personality, but wouldn't talk of being from the future, and all the tragedies she went through.

I personally would like either that, or a return to a continent like Tellius, Elibe, or Jugdral.
Nah an original world will suffice better than an Awakening sequel, something as big as Jugdral or Tellius for Wii U, that will let me die a happy man...if they want to sell they will need to reveal it in one of the E3s which will give it the needed coverege and everyone will go gaga over it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The one FE world that should be expanded upon, imo, is Magvel. It's the only FE world limited to one game.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Personally speaking, I definitely wouldn't mind remakes for the Jugdral saga, if they were to do remakes they probably warrant it the most (FE2 seems to inspire mixed feelings, so I don't know if a remake of it would be good). For a new Fire Emblem, I wouldn't mind it being set on a continent already established (maybe Magvell, if just because most continents have two games at least, so it makes me a bit OCD). I wouldn't want a direct sequel though, since those tend to limit things a bit.

Honestly, Fire Emblem seems to do it's best when it comes to characters, so I'm not as strongly concerned about the plot as I am about making the characters interesting and engaging. I'm not saying they're mutually exclusive by any stretch, but if I had to pick one to focus on it'd be the characters. As far as gameplay goes, I'd like to do away with the Pair Up system, though I think having characters jump in to help is a natural progression. I suppose it isn't much different from the old Rescue system, but it's too good as it is, there isn't too strong of a reason not to pair up outside of potentially attacking more times in one turn (or when you need more bodies to protect someone (like Paralogue 17 I want to say)). I'd like to see the return of Affinities, if just because I thought that was a fun little touch. I'd also like to see either the return of Dark Magic and Light Magic fully, or Light Magic affixed to Staves like Dark Magic is to Tomes. A relatively minor thing to some, but I'd really like to see same-sex pairings. As silly as it is, it does help to make characters more easy to relate to (probably part of why Lucius is a big favorite of mine).

On another random subject, music from the series. What songs are you hoping to see? Though I don't expect to hear it, I would be pretty happy if this was in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUfc4Wel_Dk . I also really like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSW2QgnvcQA . It has a lot of upbeat and energetic songs, even if it really tends to stand out with the more melancholy songs.

And there's also FE2's world, which has only itself to it's continent (that I know of). Adding this at the end to reply to the post above.

Hong

The Strongest
You must cuddle with one Fire Emblem character tonight. GO. If you wish, you may opt to describe the experience.

I chose to cuddle with Marth. I brewed some of my best jasmine, with a little hint of freshly-squeezed lemon for zest. All throughout the night, I had some dragon's blood incense burning, but in another room so it's not too strong. We talked about fashion while I combed his hair. Of course, Marth won't let just ANYONE touch his hair. He could clearly tell I have an affinity for hair, and I worked through the soft blue masterfully with a wooden comb. He even let me try on his tiara!

So how did it go, everyone? Tell me who you chose to cuddle with.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Personally speaking, I definitely wouldn't mind remakes for the Jugdral saga, if they were to do remakes they probably warrant it the most (FE2 seems to inspire mixed feelings, so I don't know if a remake of it would be good). For a new Fire Emblem, I wouldn't mind it being set on a continent already established (maybe Magvell, if just because most continents have two games at least, so it makes me a bit OCD). I wouldn't want a direct sequel though, since those tend to limit things a bit.

Honestly, Fire Emblem seems to do it's best when it comes to characters, so I'm not as strongly concerned about the plot as I am about making the characters interesting and engaging. I'm not saying they're mutually exclusive by any stretch, but if I had to pick one to focus on it'd be the characters. As far as gameplay goes, I'd like to do away with the Pair Up system, though I think having characters jump in to help is a natural progression. I suppose it isn't much different from the old Rescue system, but it's too good as it is, there isn't too strong of a reason not to pair up outside of potentially attacking more times in one turn (or when you need more bodies to protect someone (like Paralogue 17 I want to say)). I'd like to see the return of Affinities, if just because I thought that was a fun little touch. I'd also like to see either the return of Dark Magic and Light Magic fully, or Light Magic affixed to Staves like Dark Magic is to Tomes. A relatively minor thing to some, but I'd really like to see same-sex pairings. As silly as it is, it does help to make characters more easy to relate to (probably part of why Lucius is a big favorite of mine).

On another random subject, music from the series. What songs are you hoping to see? Though I don't expect to hear it, I would be pretty happy if this was in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUfc4Wel_Dk . I also really like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSW2QgnvcQA . It has a lot of upbeat and energetic songs, even if it really tends to stand out with the more melancholy songs.

And there's also FE2's world, which has only itself to it's continent (that I know of). Adding this at the end to reply to the post above.
I agree with you in making interesting characters, still a remake for Jugdral wouldn't be that great, because it will be dumped down, because the mechanics it had were inconsistant and it would make them dump it down to route and kill the boss....I love jugdral for introducing the mechanic of capture and fatigue, TBH these 2 mechanics should come back.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think that a remake of Jugdral while tightening up some aspects would work well. It was fun enough to me, but it was hard to keep at it just because of how it worked.

And any... any Fire Emblem character? Fudge, that's a really hard choice. Can I just pick one from each game?

Hong

The Strongest
I think that a remake of Jugdral while tightening up some aspects would work well. It was fun enough to me, but it was hard to keep at it just because of how it worked.

And any... any Fire Emblem character? Fudge, that's a really hard choice. Can I just pick one from each game?
If you must.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You must cuddle with one Fire Emblem character tonight. GO. If you wish, you may opt to describe the experience.

I chose to cuddle with Marth. I brewed some of my best jasmine, with a little hint of freshly-squeezed lemon for zest. All throughout the night, I had some dragon's blood incense burning, but in another room so it's not too strong. We talked about fashion while I combed his hair. Of course, Marth won't let just ANYONE touch his hair. He could clearly tell I have an affinity for hair, and I worked through the soft blue masterfully with a wooden comb. He even let me try on his tiara!

So how did it go, everyone? Tell me who you chose to cuddle with.
I don't I need to explain mine. and i opt to describe, you can't handle the NC-17 goodness.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Not at the same time. But there are just so many good characters. Even if I had to narrow it down to one game it'd be hard. *sighs* Lucius is probably the one I'd pick if I had to pick just one. I wonder if he'd play games with me as well.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't I need to explain mine. and i opt to describe, you can't handle the NC-17 goodness.
You know it's going to be like, one of those times you try to spend time with someone, but they always invite someone else and you can't just be alone. She is just going to bring over Florina and they will both just ignore you.

And don't think you can even watch: They will give you slanted glances, sighs and drop hints for you to leave until you are forced out of the room. At best you can hear their throws of passion from your new station of Fort Couch, for what it's worth.

Same deal with Ike/Soren.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know it's going to be like, one of those times you try to spend time with someone, but they always invite someone else and you can't just be alone. She is just going to bring over Florina and they will both just ignore you.

And don't think you can even watch: They will give you slanted glances, sighs and drop hints for you to leave until you are forced out of the room. At best you can hear their throws of passion from your new station of Fort Couch, for what it's worth.

Same deal with Ike/Soren.
haha that's not how it went down..... :smirk: If only you were there..... but again there are like children here, its best I keep this tale to myself.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I tried putting together a list just from FE6 and onward (since I don't know the ones prior to it too well (though 1/3 is cheating)). And I am gay, I just also like Lucius a lot. He has a lot of traits I'd like in a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom