• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That was me IIRC. however, it's possible that they just used clips from Wii Fit for the English trailer. Note that all the gameplay we've seen of her has her speaking in Japanese.
Probably because Sakurai brought over the Japanese demo of the game at E3. It's pretty safe to say that she has her English voice.

They most likely have begun english voice implementation, and I'm 100% that whether or not Chrom is in his voice actor would say the same in both situations. If he even gave a little hint towards a character inclusion in Nintendo's biggest hype train he'd get a public execution at the hands of Iwata.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always used that Laguz chapter to gain experience for Sothe, and a bit for Edward and Micaiah. That one boss is a good idea though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You kind of have to take anything said in relation to the game with a grain of salt generally there are alot of NDAs and other legal stuff involved until official annoucements usually.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another thing to note is that the voice work likely comes a lot later in development. From what we've seen in clips and such, most of the voices seem to be Brawl ports, with much of the voice seemingly missing. They probably aren't at the point of getting Mercer to do voice work, if Chrom is indeed in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe they just kidnapped his family and will treathen to kill them if he speaks of Chrom being in Smash.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
In the name of Naga I swear that of all the weaker characters Donnel is the biggest pain to train in Lunatic mode. I love him! Does anyone else here really like using the weaker characters and turning them stronger?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In the name of Naga I swear that of all the weaker characters Donnel is the biggest pain to train in Lunatic mode. I love him! Does anyone else here really like using the weaker characters and turning them stronger?

I often do like Est archetype characters yeah.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I've never really considered Donnel the Est archetype of Awakening, since he can be gotten very early in game. I would maybe consider Morgan since he/she is the best unit in the game, almost always. My favorite Est archetype has to be Nino, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually like it, despite how tedious grinding can be. It feels rewarding for spending time turning your weaker characters stronger and bringing them to the same level as the ones that start strong already.

I actually tend to do this kind of stuff in almost every RPG I play. I try to keep all my characters at the same level.

Fiona from Radiant Dawn included? :p

I took the time to train her and she was on par with the likes of Oscar and Geoffrey in the later chapters. She has good growths in all stats and actually makes good use of the Imbue skill, since she likely maxes on Magic and ends up recovering around 20 HP per turn, which is quite a lot given that the maximum HP she can have is 55.

I've never really considered Donnel the Est archetype of Awakening, since he can be gotten very early in game. I would maybe consider Morgan since he/she is the best unit in the game, almost always. My favorite Est archetype has to be Nino, though.
DLC Est in Awakening could qualify since you recruit her by clearing one of the hardest DLC maps of the game and she comes as a Lv 5 Pegasus Knight with the Aptitude skill and also has Galeforce, Luna, Luck +4 and Underdog by default. She does have low base stats, especially considering that to clear said DLC map, you need VERY good units.

Outside of DLC, I don't think there's a character that fits the Est archetype.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I swear people, do you even know what an Est is?

Neither Donnel nor any of the Dawn Brigade are Ests because they don't join in the lategame. The only "Ests" in RD are Pelleas and maybe Sanaki. I'd argue that the children in FE13 could be considered Ests(especially if you don't grind for supports).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Fiona could be considered an Est though because she's got 7 maps before endgame, which is the same as Nino on Hector Mode.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I swear people, do you even know what an Est is?

Neither Donnel nor any of the Dawn Brigade are Ests because they don't join in the lategame. The only "Ests" in RD are Pelleas and maybe Sanaki. I'd argue that the children in FE13 could be considered Ests(especially if you don't grind for supports).

I saw Kurthnaga as an Est-character to though. I liked training him, Pelleas and Sanaki to.

Used Est herself in FE11 a lot to, cause she joins in a map with an Arena where she can win quite easily. Also the Ridersbane is useful in that chapter to get some kills. Most of your real fighting units take too little exp anyway from the Cavaliers on that map, and should 'hunt' for the Paladins to get exp. I never could use her in FE12 though. Catria, Palla and Shiida 2 gewd (and you also have to use Minerva for End Game ****).

Nino is a very popular Est. But without Alfa Drops I'm not using her. She's good though, if finally caught up. Still, I don't really need Sages in FE7. Lucius and Canas are enough for my Magic team, and Pricilla is mostly the healer. Athos does all things, and if I find myself wanting another Mage, I'd opt for Pent earlier. Pent is cool, being a noble and not giving a damn, just studying magic in the desert with his wife and an old hippie friend (Athos is cooler this way, trust me). 'And then like... The Dragon came man, and they like, changed form into humans man.' 'Nergal was always bad tripping man, couldn't handle the Dragon stash dude I tell you.'

Other Ests I used? Not sure.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I used Nino on my first two FE7 playthroughs. On my most recent playthrough, she's still only lv12 at Ch27, so I'm not sure I should use her...Plus I have Erk at a decent level already. I REALLY WANT TO USE HER, THOUGH ;_;

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I used Nino on my first two FE7 playthroughs. On my most recent playthrough, she's still only lv12 at Ch27, so I'm not sure I should use her...Plus I have Erk at a decent level already. I REALLY WANT TO USE HER, THOUGH ;_;
Yeah, in my first run, I already had Erk as a Sage, but I really wanted to use Nino, so I used up one of my earth seals for her.

Also do people consider Astrid an Est, because she is only level one, and is gotten when your first few units are either close to, or are promoted. Plus, she's a beast in the game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also do people consider Astrid an Est, because she is only level one, and is gotten when your first few units are either close to, or are promoted. Plus, she's a beast in the game.
I don't think so...she doesn't really join late enough to be considered an Est. IIRC Elincia is generally considered FE9's Est.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Astrid was too frail to use for me really. She doesn't join at a favorable level either. That chapter is pure chaos! Can't bring in anything that can't take hits or can't dodge. How many times I had to restart the chapter cause Astrid got killed to... :urg: That's even before recruitng her I'll add! It's hard to not care, cause she brings you Gatrie and the Knight Ward so...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The Random Number Generator Goddess has finally consumed his soul, and now his body is a hollow husk. Without a soul, the darkness is filling in the empty void.

Either that or I f***ed something up when I was messing around with romhacking a while back

Apparently it's a known bug. *shrug*

D

Deleted member

I'll say what was said on SF:

1) If Mercer IS working on the game, he probably has an NDA of some sort.
2) That interview is from July, and may or may not mean anything at this point.
3)It could be they haven't started work on the English dub just yet.
I think Pit's English voice actor has already been contacted, at least from what I've heard. If so, then works on them have already started.

That said, I do think Mercer will be contacted to voice Chrom. Whenever or not it is as playable or as Assist Trophy remains to be seen (because Chrom will probably be given a relatively large role in Smash).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can't see Chrom as an Assist Trophy. If he is not playable it will probably be a regular trophy and sticker role for him.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
It could very well be that all of the voice actors have already been asked but the only ones made public are the announced characters.

In which case, looking into voice actors doesn't really tell us anything.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
yeah, I think the voice actor stuff is reading too much into it. We are still a year away from release (and perhaps longer given the loose release date and Smash's history). If the animations for a character aren't done, they might hold off on voice acting so that there voice can sync up better with their lips.

I can't really see Chrom as AT either. Lucina and/or Robin I can definitely see as AT's though. I hope they go a bit more creative with their AT this time around and we get someone like Anna or Tiki.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No comments about hippie Athos? :urg:

'I swear man, that recipe for Dragon Acid is harder than I thought man...'

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Astrid was too frail to use for me really. She doesn't join at a favorable level either. That chapter is pure chaos! Can't bring in anything that can't take hits or can't dodge. How many times I had to restart the chapter cause Astrid got killed to... :urg: That's even before recruitng her I'll add! It's hard to not care, cause she brings you Gatrie and the Knight Ward so...

I thought Astrid was really good in Path of Radiance she gets a ton of experience by killing the crows and levels up really fast too. In Radiant Dawn they really screw her over because she doesn't have the same opportunity of killing enemy fliers and then the reduced availability screws her even more.

Does anybody know why Anna has a teddy bear attached to her sword? I'm curious...

That's where she puts her credit card in case she time travels to the futur...err present.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So... Navarre is Sakurai's favorite FE character, do you guys think that lyn has a good shot because she's a blade lord and sakurai could easily implement swordmaster movesets onto her? I think a good shot of making it in than most people think.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
So... Navarre is Sakurai's favorite FE character, do you guys think that lyn has a good shot because she's a blade lord and sakurai could easily implement swordmaster movesets onto her? I think a good shot of making it in than most people think.
I think that's a very far fetched reason for adding Lyn. Also, Navarre was actually a mercenary in the very first game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Lole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom