• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I suppose I am guilty of grossly understating the popularity of Ike in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Another (though minor) reason why I think a better roster, if limited to three reps, would contain Marth, Ike, and Anna.
Given Sakurai's reluctance to cut characters, and his talk of not getting too many characters seeing how hard it is to make them each time, and Ike's already unique playstyle and moveset, I'd say Ike is a safe, good bet both ideally and realistically, now who to add for the third? One that doesn't have any possible moveset conflicts ((coughChromcough) read: possible, as in more likely), Anna.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I originally thought Roy and Lyn were most likely, due to already being represented in Smash.

The last thing I want is an Awakening Rep just for the sake of recency. I wouldn't mind a character that didn't originate in it, but was featured in the game (Anna, Tiki, DLC characters, etc.) or for the latest designs to be used for the classic Smash reps (if only as alts). Above all, I personally think a specific stage in the 3DS version is already giving Awakening more than enough recognition. Maybe some specific items/Assist Trophies.

But that's all just me being (or trying to be) hopeful. I've been wanting a non-sword using/unique character since Melee.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fire Emblem is one of those series that does provide a lot of possibilities by virtue of the amount of different classes that each individual character can fall into. There isn't exactly a shortage by any stretch of the imagination, but the problem lies in how it's distributed. Lords are the main characters and as such should be the main focus of conflicts, but many of them follow a traditional archetype. This causes a bit of disappointment for those that want something different, because it feels like denial of actually capitalizing on the diversity.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Fire Emblem is one of those series that does provide a lot of possibilities by virtue of the amount of different classes that each individual character can fall into. There isn't exactly a shortage by any stretch of the imagination, but the problem lies in how it's distributed. Lords are the main characters and as such should be the main focus of conflicts, but many of them follow a traditional archetype. This causes a bit of disappointment for those that want something different, because it feels like denial of actually capitalizing on the diversity.
And most of the ones that don't fit into the main archetype are often considered unimportant or "irrelevant", so they don't generally get looked at.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Traditional (prince+sword) Archetype- Marth, Alm*, Seliph*, Leif, Roy, Eliwood*, Eirika*, Chrom*, Lucina*.
Paladin (class) archetype- Sigurd, Seliph*, Eliwood*, Eirika*, Ephraim*.
Hero (class) archetype- Alm*, Ike, Chrom*.
Soldier (class) archetype- Ephraim, Chrom*, Lucina*
Axe fighter archetype- Hector*, Ike*
Myrmidon archetype- Lyn, Lucina*
Mage archetype- Micaiah, Celica, Robin

But let's make it easier and put:

Swords (as main weapon)- *insert almost every lord*
Non-swords (as main weapon)- Celica, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, Robin

Chido72

Smash Cadet
To be perfectly honest, Roy wont could not get in Smash 4, and when if he doesn't, it really won't matter. The game won't be ruined because a Marth clone didn't get in.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Then the game would be ruined because a character with a unique moveset would be replaced by a clone for no raisin.
What's this about raisins?

Anyway, not that I'm advocating for cutting Ike in favor of Roy, but who's to say Roy would remain a clone?

Chido72

Smash Cadet
Yes, but being a slow, heavy character doesn't. Which is the whole point of Ike; he's a heavy, powerful character with a giant sword, which grants him range, and fire for some reason.
Roy has a fire sword. That is literally all he could bring to the table. Marth with special effects.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hey, if we get anyone's a$$, it's going to be Chrom's. He is invetivable after all.

You're disappointed I didn't post it, admit it.

:troll:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
What if Roy replaces Ike?
Ike replacing Roy would make no sense. It would be due to fan demand (I presume), and we would just get the same treatment for Ike the next time around. Ike is quite popular apparently. There is no business incentive for putting Roy back in the game; his demand mainly comes from Smash fans who will already buy the game and most will make the decision to purchase the game regardless of his exclusion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yus you can never have too much Anna, in fact lets replace the whole roster and rename the series as "Super Anna Sisters!" That's money in the bag right there! :bee:
Anna confirmed to be Agent Smith?

Edit: That would have made the Matrix sequels a whole lot better IMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom