• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That won't help Archers much, but would prevent Warriors from outclassing Snipers. What often happens end-game is a Warrior can outdamage a Sniper using the same bow, while still having higher health and access to axes. When this happens, the only tangible advantage the Sniper really has is access to the Long Bow. Which is still has its merit and it is an awesome weapon, though I think the change to using Skl for damage would help to alleviate part of the problem, at least.

Skill should indeed determine damage for Snipers and Archers. Perhaps for Thieves, Rogues and Assasins to? Heck, throw in Swordmaster even. Or make it based on half of the Skill level and half of the Strenght level. I don't care.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would keep stats the way they are, but give archers more exclusive weapons and better skills. Fighting isn't about just one and one. Of course a Warrior will overpower an Archer; the point is in battle that they should not be fighting directly.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
As a side note I'd like to try and make a moveset for Tiki, who at this point is my current #1 Fire Emblem character to get in though her chances aren't the greatest, but am having trouble solidifying a few ideas.

My main idea right now is to have some of her attacks create very brief projections of a dragon breathing different elements like fire, ice, etc.

Like this but not as large, this can create some interesting angles of attack if the projection doesn't deal damage upon contact, if it did then the zoning potential would be too ridiculous.

On top of this she would use her dragonstones to cast dragon-like magic while in normal form and can transform into a dragon using Bv. So here's a first attempt at a moveset:

Special trait: Classed as a heavy character despite her size, has the ability to use three dragonstones each with their own unique effect.

B: Firestone. This is the most first and most basic stone introduced in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. A projection of the Divine Dragon rises above Tiki and breathes fire diagonally in front of Tiki. The flames grow weaker over time and all enemies who are in the flames for longer than 2 seconds will have a burn debuff which deals 1-2% damage per second for 3 seconds.

B>: Icestone. Tiki leans over and unleashes a linear, short ranged, icy breath in front of her. As Tiki continues to blow out a frozen flurry a projection of the Divine Dragon slowly rises behind Tiki and assists her in breathing out ice after two seconds. With the help of the projection the overall breath of ice will encompass a longer and wider range once the Divine Dragon begins to assist her. Enemies hit for more than 2 seconds will have a chill debuff and lose 15% movement speed and jumping height as a result for 3 seconds.

B^: Divine Flight. Tiki and a projection of the Divine Dragon leap straight into the air dealing damage to all enemies in a small area around her as she ascends upwards. (Think Charizard's B^)

Bv: Transform. Tiki transforms into the Divine Dragon.

DRAGON FORM.

B: Firestone. As a dragon Tiki charges up the fire within her and can unleash a quick burst of flame while igniting the area in front of her. The longer she charges the more area she can ignite, all enemies who make contact with ignited ground will be dealt 1% per second and will have a burn debuff. The debuff continuously refreshes until the enemy is not standing in an ignited area. Enemies can also take up to 20% damage from a fully charged initial burst of flame.

B>: Icestone. As a dragon Tiki aims her head diagonally towards the air and shoots out a breath of ice. The ice will travel in an arc and slowly descend downwards dealing damage to enemies and chilling them.

B^: Divine Flight. As a dragon Tiki launches herself up into the air dealing damage to enemies in an area around her.

Bv: Transform. Tiki transforms back to normal.

FINAL SMASH: Divinestone.

When activated Tiki will immediately leap to the background and transform into the Divine Dragon if she isn't in dragon form. While in the background as the Divine Dragon, Tiki unleashes a holy breath of flame onto all enemies on the screen. All enemies will acquire a holy debuff that impairs movement speed and jumping height by 30%, deal an additional 1-2% damage per second for 10 seconds, and heal Tiki for the amount of damage done by the afterburn.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Darn. I've actually been working on a Tiki moveset, and you beat me to it! :laugh:

Nice moveset, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, situation: Roy and Eliwood face up against Sigurd and Seliph / Celice. Who wins?

Hong

The Strongest
Sigurd kills all three.

Also the other day I was thinking about how Nintendo likes to mix and match their franchises, and I thought of a character we could add to improve Fire Emblem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Welllll I kinda meaning Roy and Eliwood togheter vs Sigurd and Celice togheter. But thatbwoukd also work I'd think. :laugh:

Hong

The Strongest
Ha ha. I know exactly what you meant. Just a statement in how lopsided I think the proposition is.

Hong

The Strongest
I used Tiki a while back as a case to prove that any Fire Emblem character can be drawn from a hat and made into a playable, unique character. I also had a similar concept of ethereal projections appearing in some of her moves, and utilized the younger Tiki so the concept of having multiple jumps seemed more natural.

Though I never really analyzed it as an actual possibility.

I suppose some of her worth is in that she was the first Nino; a character whose popularity far out-scales her actual importance. The cult of Tiki was (relative to the series) strong back in the day, before the series was introduced to an international audience. If I would rank her importance within the series, it would be Mid Tier. Below supporting cast such as Shiida or Soren, who are in turn below lords, but above typical recruits. She has the strongest link to Naga, after Nagi, and the only participating character in Awakening to come from another generation/world barring DLC. I don't count Anna because each one is different. She is also a Manakete, a very iconic race and class within the Fire Emblem universe.

Tiki has enough importance that her inclusion wouldn't be absurd (compared to, say, Pizarl), but unlikely. Maybe if Mr. Sakurai sees some possibility for gameplay that he simply MUST have, though if he did I wouldn't be upset.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Tiki? Not sure I'd want her to be playable. Though for sure she should get at least a trophy this time around.

Related: this music is amazing:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Speaking of music... some of my fave songs:

Although I like Winning Road - Roy's Hope just as well, this song should of totally been in Brawl. Too awesome.

Dat harpsichord. *_* I'd really love to hear more FE songs incorporating the harpsichord in the future.

Let's hope the FE music (especially Awakening) representation will be turned up to eleven!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More things just need harpsichords in general. That, and I hope I'm not the only one who liked this version of the Fire Emblem opera over the one we got in Brawl.

Hong

The Strongest
This is a case where I hope they don't piss around with the music too much.

Example: The Dark World track (from Link to the Past) in Brawl is good, but it has a very different feeling from the original track. I don't mind that they took a fresh take on it, but for such an iconic track I would have liked if they just remastered the original and had the option of both. As someone who listens to my Awakening OST often, I can definitely hear songs that you can remix. But tracks like Purpose really shouldn't be messed around with. It's already perfect for the environment. That said, I would love if they had a medley of all the battle themes or something.

For the good tracks Brawl had, sometimes I felt cheated. Crimean Army Sortie just doesn't do it for me. :/

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You know what song I wish they had in Brawl over Crimean Sortie, Side Battle as it called in PoR, but this song also appeared in Chapter 10 of FE4. I provide a link in a second...

edit: done

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
There's are some songs in FE that are just too short and repetitive for smash's background music. That's why I suppose Attack and RIse to the challenge were mashed together.

I'm trying to think of a list of songs I'd like to see, but its too dang hard to narrow down.

Hong

The Strongest
There's are some songs in FE that are just too short and repetitive for smash's background music. That's why I suppose Attack and RIse to the challenge were mashed together.

I'm trying to think of a list of songs I'd like to see, but its too dang hard to narrow down.
Yes.

With a song like Duty, it is possible for them to use the whole song, but the better choice would be to sample from about 1:15 and mix it with other awesome battle tracks.

Hong

The Strongest
I just would like to say that I really like awakening's main melody.
On that subject, have you seen the HD intro from the OST? On disc five they included two movies: The intro, and the intro with sound effects.
Thought it was pretty cool.

What is interesting is the orchestration of the main theme raised the morale of the design team when they needed some momentum to begin development. I suppose it is like that for all fans of the series. To hear that simple yet triumphant melody... it kind of gets you hyped.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I just would like to say that I really like awakening's main melody.
TBH, the awakening version of the universal theme, is my least favorite of all of the themes, mostly because it didn't have the full version of it, as it changed to a different song at one point, but it just my opinion, it is a great song, nonetheless, but I felt it was missing a portion of the song. It's not that hate it though...

Hong

The Strongest
TBH, the awakening version of the universal theme, is my least favorite of all of the themes, mostly because it didn't have the full version of it, as it changed to a different song at one point, but it just my opinion, it is a great song, nonetheless, but I felt it was missing a portion of the song. It's not that hate it though...
I understand. Maybe they felt it lacking, which is why they included the fire Emblem theme in three of the tracks. Still would have been nice to have it vanilla.

In Path of Radiance, IIRC, we didn't even get it until the end. :/

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Who's the best of the Sword Lords people?
Ike, most people would agree... for many reasons. For second and third, I would put Lyn for uniqueness as a lord, statwise especially, and does Sigurd count, because he does have Lances, at the begining

Hong

The Strongest
Marth, of course.

He might not be the strongest warrior, but he is the original hero. Every lord after him is just redoing what he did. At least characters like Ike or Micaiah rose to power as mere commoners and did things their own way. Other than that, everyone else rode the royal chariot on a road Marth has already tread several times. Even Awakening still acknowledges his legend, with a character touting his image in tribute, and his tale still told through the land. He is the greatest champion of the seven realms, and really where the whole series all began. I am pretty sure he would beat the others. Marth always wins.

A common phrase in the west is "I am just like you, I put my pants on one leg at a time." Well Marth didn't even ****ing wear pants the first time he saved the world. Get on his level.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Marth, of course.

He might not be the strongest warrior, but he is the original hero. Every lord after him is just redoing what he did. At least characters like Ike or Micaiah rose to power as mere commoners and did things their own way. Other than that, everyone else rode the royal chariot on a road Marth has already tread several times. Even Awakening still acknowledges his legend, with a character touting his image in tribute, and his tale still told through the land. He is the greatest champion of the seven realms, and really where the whole series all began. I am pretty sure he would beat the others. Marth always wins.

A common phrase in the west is "I am just like you, I put my pants on one leg at a time." Well Marth didn't even ****ing wear pants the first time he saved the world. Get on his level.
True, however, I jump into my britches, which are what Marth is wearing, correct?

Nado

Smash Cadet
If you mean stat wise and fighting ability wise Lucina is the best lord. She should end up being the second or third best player in the game after morgan and maybe nah. Some of the other lords end up being only on the team because your basically required to bring them while almost all lords have some extreme flaw(typically defense) that makes them prone to dying.

If your talking personality wise then this

Ike, most people would agree... for many reasons. For second and third, I would put Lyn for uniqueness as a lord, statwise especially, and does Sigurd count, because he does have Lances, at the begining
except Id probably go ike-lucina-lyn in the personality department.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike is a very strong unit to though. Maybe less so as a Ranger in Path of Radiance, but as a Lord, Hero and Vanguard he's an amazing fighter on the battlefield. Part 3 in Radiant Dawn is mostly considered 'too easy' cause of Ike's presence. That, and Aether, an unlimited in uses and strong as **** sword which gives +5 Defence is all pretty awesome to.

Hong

The Strongest
True, however, I jump into my britches, which are what Marth is wearing, correct?
He did the second time and every time after that. First time was sans pants, though. Like some of the earlier Links.

It would be hilarious if that was chosen for Marth's design in SSB4.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
He did the second time and every time after that. First time was sans pants, though. Like some of the earlier Links.

It would be hilarious if that was chosen for Marth's design in SSB4.

My new favorite Marth design.

Hong

The Strongest
I suppose I am guilty of grossly understating the popularity of Ike in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Then again, people like a good BFS.

Even if one is to take into account the numbers can be off due to having a limited sample, he is still way up there and I can't see him being far off as long as you keep casual players in the equation. I try to envision to what extent players like a play style more than a character. It's a fair statement to say the majority of players who have been playing the game for a few weeks to a month will choose who ever best accentuates their play style with little regard to the character's history, where as meagre Ike-lovers such as myself actually knew who he was and cared about him.

Forde

Smash Cadet

Best as in terms of stats? Probably Chrom or Ike. Chrom technically can reclass an infinite amount of times, so in theory he can reach max stats.

In terms of favorite? Roy is by far my favorite. Ike and Chrom are up there, and of course Marth has a special place in my FE fandomness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom