• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
A defeat quote, but still... :chuckle:

Cervantes: "Nngah! But...how can this be? My invincible mustache! Blasted science, you have...played me for a...fool...”

Also...

I'm sorry Alen. :/ Lance the Pants is cooler anyways jk

Most death quotes are pretty sad actually, especially given the context of certain characters and their motives.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Man, you guys are talking about death quotes? Such downers.

Recruitment convos are where it's at:
[collapse="RoFL"]
[/collapse]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A defeat quote, but still... :chuckle:

Cervantes: "Nngah! But...how can this be? My invincible mustache! Blasted science, you have...played me for a...fool...”

Also...

I'm sorry Alen. :/ Lance the Pants is cooler anyways jk

Most death quotes are pretty sad actually, especially given the context of certain characters and their motives.

The Ten Commandments of the Emblem:

1) THOU SHALT RESTART THINE CHAPTER WHENST ONE OF THINE COMRADES DIES
(all other commandments are pretty much irrelevant)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Red Cavalier > Green Cavalier.

Unless your name is Abel or Sain.

Hong

The Strongest
And Stahl :D
:b Stahl is a wonky proposition. Sully has enough speed to not get doubled at the start of the game, which makes her easier to get off the ground.

On Lunatic, anyways. Don't know what the game is like on Normal or Hard.

Also she produces Kjelle, my favourite of the children in terms of combat! Her voice work and character art could have been better, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Havent played Awakening though. Neither did I play FE2, FE5, FE12 or FE3.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
****ing /feg/...

Random Shulk pictures correlate to posts I've made.
Glorious.
I saw that one guy say that we'd get Anna if Sakurai was huffing paint, and CHORM IS ININEVIETIBABLE.

What is /feg/'s general opinion on the FE newcomer? What do they think about Anna?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
They atleast plea for Ike staying...
Not everyone is a drip**** on 4chan, surprisingly. It's mainly /v/ and /b/ that are ********, everywhere else is tolerable at worst.
What is /feg/'s general opinion on the FE newcomer? What do they think about Anna?
A FE newcomer is usually Chrom or Lucina, but both are a broken base. Some want it, some hate it, some are neutral. If it counts, Roy is also despised.

Anna usually crops up as a third alternative like in a vein to Robin.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
/pol/ is terrible to. Extremely racist. /r9k/ is full of mispgynism and other whinery (also, >twf no gf). /fa/ is homosexuality.com and /fit/ is also becoming bull****. All other boards I take no interesst in.

How do people react to Roy's return though over there? Last thing I've seen is that they are 100% sure it won't happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've seen many people argue that Ike is a Mary Stue or something like that.
A Mary Stue?

Ike for first female lord in smash!!

You mean a Gary Stue, and all around perfect character. Ike really isn't that. He has flaws and that makes him interesting.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, the reason why I keep Ike on my ideal roster is because of Sakurai expressing regrets over cutting characters, I feel the way he analyzes and weighs this is only from one game to another, not from 64 to Brawl or Melee to Smash 4 for example, which is why I don't put Roy on instead. Sakurai had made the conscious choice to, regretfully, cut Roy, and he has yet to reveal to the public that Ike is cut, which leads me to think that if either are kept from a previous Smash, then Ike would be the one.
Coincidentally, Mewtwo is also on my ideal roster.

Forde

Smash Cadet
Red Cavalier > Green Cavalier.

Unless your name is Abel or Sain.

As you can see, I've carried the name Forde for the last 5 years, it's the name of my WoW paladin, been playing Ret for 5 years, and this name has just kinda stuck with me.

so yes, unless you're Stahl, Red Cavalier > Green.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sain > Kent though. And Shadow Dragon Abel > Shadow Dragon Kain. Also, PoR Oscar > PoR Kieran. Even though Kieran's personality >>>>>> Oscar's.

Forde is so wickedly awesome though. In terms of personality at least. Otherwise his younger brother kinda outclasses him. At least for me, usually. He's better than Kyle though, with his sucky speed. Kind of a shame Paladins where nerfed so hard from FE7 to FE8. They're still good, but not as great as before.

Forde

Smash Cadet
I generally made Franz a Great Knight, where Forde would be my main Paladin, and I never used Kyle that much. I think the Pallys were nerfed simply because they added Great Knights. Unfortunately I think that the speed and resist outclasses the majority of the defense bonus that Great Knights get. Idk, just my opinion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Great Knights are quite cool, but they have bad mobility. And yeah, I generally make Franz and Kyle Great Knights, and Forde a Paladin. Though, Seth also ain't half bad. Last playthrough he mixed Strenght and Skill, and came close with Speed.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Horray stats growth and RNG!
Prepare your L+R+SELECT or your A+B+START+SELECT or your L+R+START+SELECT or your. . .

Forde

Smash Cadet
Seth is one of my favorite paladins, and the only starter paladin that holds up in the last few chapters, at least out of any FE game I've played. Titania comes close to being a seth, imo, but the backbone of my slaying power comes from Gerik as a Hero, Ephraim, Joshua as either an Assassin or Swordsmaster, and Cormag as a Wyvern Lord.

Gotta say, TSS has some of the largest number of combinations for who does what, aside from Awakening, which has even more in reality, plus all the DLC heros, so there's practically infinite combinations.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
My Amelia turned better than all of the paladins in Sacred Stones.

:happysheep:

but i'm a hipster stats don't matter to me.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I usually pick between the red and green knight based on their name.
FE7: Sain
FE9: Kieran
FE11: Cain
FE13: Stahl

Clearly the best green knight in FE8 is Franz (he is wearing green). Although Kyle reminds me of Spike Spiegel. I usually don't use the two knights of the green and red. Oh wait. Amelia = red cavalier. Franz and Amelia > Kyle and Forde!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I made Amelia a General this playthrough. Was my forst time doing so. I prefer her as Paladin cause of her unique sprites for Cavalier and Paladin. However, that 'getting huge, HUGE' comic inspired me :laugh: She's a very interessting character as General. Lots of Speed, lots of Luck, and lots of Defence. Sure, she's not that strong, but still, a very effective wall. She WILL not die.

FE9 Oscar is a wicked wild BEAST one should optimalise to his best use as soon as you can. Only ONE time he manager to be ****ty for me. He and Boyd basically make my playthrough untill Ike learns to seriously kick some Daein ass. It's a shame Oscar is SO much nerfed in Radiant Dawn though... Boyd and Soren (someone my favorite FE characters ever) at least are kind of decent... :/

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Oscar nerfect in Radiant Dawn? He's way better than Soren or Boyd lol. Anyone outside Greil Mercenaries got nerfed really bad though especially Astrid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Boyd is only a little slow perhaps. But he always hits his caps early. Same with Soren. Plus, Soren has Adapt naturally, and has awesome avoid if supported with Ike (which I always do). So he'll still be double attacking and avoiding at least. Boyd at least is better than Nolan for me. Even though he DOES start of very sucky. Mia is also always on my team, and so is Shinon. Was very glad at least those two got significant buffs. Not to speak of Haar. Oh my dear, sweet, almighty loving Lord, Haar...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, Astrid was a beast in PoR, she could of been in Radiant Dawn, but she was never available as a unit that often. I gave her an Ax as her second weapon in PoR, for more raw damage, and because Oscar needs bows for the triangle attack. Plus I had a little too many sword users. Yet, not as much as Lance.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
If Astrid had more availability maybe she could have been better, in Path of Radiance she was good because even though her stats start bad she had a lot of available chapters so paragon worked very good on her.

ninjad. I use Astrid anyway she has one of the coolest animations.
I agree Diddy Kong Haar is awesome, flying tank with no fear of arrows really broken lol.

Hong

The Strongest
I never do standard cavalry, but I totally dig bow knights and flying units. As such I totally dig Haar, too. Jill is also handy to have early on if you maxed her out in PoR.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The only two Cavaliers that made it to my final roster were Sain and Felgus, the rest were too weak and pale to make it through, and Forde is one of the best but he is outshined by awesome Seth.

for me the most important units are Heroes and Swordmasters, specailly Hero Diek with a hand axe :D.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Heroes are always in my team to. The Sword / Axe combination is just something I really like, especially with the Hero's stat spread. Dieck never really turned out well for me though strangely enough. He's always on the slower side. My favorite Hero ever might be Barst from Shadow Dragon. Damn how he kills things. He's pretty much FE11's Ike. :laugh:

Alan or Lance, or both are generally my most useful Paladins. And of coarse as said before, FE9 Oscar. Sain does well for me to. This kinda contradicts what I said before how Red Cavaliers are better than the Green ones :laugh: But in general, I think this is true. Only Oscar and Sain are really ahead of the others I feel.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm all about extremes. I never do classes with heavy RNG emphasis or have generalist properties. As such I usually have a small amount of ground infantry (in most games, just the Lord + General), then a cleric, mage, archer and 2+ flying units, with a thief as needed. It is not uncommon for me to not use the maximum amount of units I could have. For example in PoR I had just 6 active units for most of the game after Ike got some levels under his belt. later adding Reyson and Volke for thief work.

Of course Awakening is an exception. The pairing system is great for flying classes, letting you get a General anywhere on the map in short time.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Are we talking Cavaliers now? I always try to use at least one Cavalier-esque unit.
The only two Cavaliers that made it to my final roster were Sain and Felgus, the rest were too weak and pale to make iters through, and Forde is one of the best but he is outshined by awesome Seth.
Never really use Seth. I have a natural aversion to prepromotes that's hard for me to get over(only ones I've ever really used are FE11 Minerva and FE12 CamusSirius).

I have a real soft spot for "Magikarp Power" characters, hence why I almost always end up using the trainees in FE8.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ross is easily the best trainnee for me. He could suffer in Speed a bit, but he will at least always max Strenght. Which is good for a potential Berserker. Am going to use Super Trainees in my next playthrough though. As you can only have them when you completed both routes. Anyways, Ross never dissapoints me. He's good as a Berserker, Warrior and Hero for what I've seen. Was a bit opposed to making him a Hero, due to his potential in Strenght, and potential to be Speed screwed, but he maxed Speed anyway. And as said before, I really like Heroes.

Amelia would've easily been my favorite unit ever if there where playable Soldiers and Halberdiers in Sacred Stones.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Amelia can promote to her super trainee class and it essentially allows her to stay in the soldier class but I agree halberdier would have been great promotion for her and Ephraim. She's my favorite trainee but I liked them all. I usually always have at least one of the sucky characters on my teams :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom