• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
That is absolutely gorgeous.

I agree that Awakening's artist does good concepts in what he envisions, but I would have preferred someone else doing the character art.

Also, um... you are a good artist. o.o Just thought I would let you know.
Yusuke Kozaki did the art for the overall game, while Ike's design is by Eiji Kaneda. All the DLC designs have guest artists. Just wanted to point that out. Yusuke Kozaki has been my favorite artist for the series, and I hope he sticks around for the next few games.

@ManlySpirit
cool picture though. I've been working on something that proves the opposite point though, but from your art it looks like youre right.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Manly
That looks amazing.

Also, would I be wrong in thinking that you took some inspiration from Hector?

D

Deleted member

@Manly
That looks amazing.

Also, would I be wrong in thinking that you took some inspiration from Hector?
Nope, I took it from Snake and Hideo Kojima's concept art for Peace Walker.

Kojima's a mad artist, some of his designs are insane.

D

Deleted member

Here's the reference picture I used for the pose:

Also, I lied, It's from Metal Gear Acid, not Peace Walker.

Welp...

Also, I wasn't going for the exact look, just an inspiration, however, in retrospect, I probably should have. Damn does that looks good.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Thanks, I still got long ways to go, but I do plan on making a career out of this, so your words are much appreciated.
Manly I should work with you in arts :p, I loved the Ike design you made, but can I use it as a base, I will try my best to finish if for you, I will give all the credit to you, for me it's always for the sake of Ike :).

D

Deleted member

Manly I should work with you in arts :p, I loved the Ike design you made, but can I use it as a base, I will try my best to finish if for you, I will give all the credit to you, for me it's always for the sake of Ike :).
Alright bro, sure thing. It's all yours to do with it what you like. We can share the credit if you want too, I don't mind.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of Ike and Lucario, Ike should totally have blue fire on Eruption or Great Aether which would hit with Lucario's blue 'Aura' effect for damage.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Kudos on your awesome Ike redesign, Manly! Ike looks sooo much better! :D Reflecting on the past pictures/drawings that you posted, I think you have a unique style, which I like!

But yeah, I find the artist messed up big time. Why make something look confusing with messed up proportions if it's going to be released to the general public? You know how there's editors in writing? Well, I feel as though someone should have looked over Ike's redesign (or maybe people already have O.o idk). To me, it looks like Ike's redesign was rushed or something. ANYWAY, that's enough of me complaining.

I feel disturbed asking this, but who do you guys think are the hottest Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters?
Lol, you shouldn't feel disturbed, people ask questions like these all the time.

For me, Roy's the hottest FE character (more so his Awakening redesign). But I also think Ephraim and Stahl are pretty good looking too. For Stahl's case, I do think his armour is pretty meh, but I do love his personality (scary thing is, his personality is quite similar to mine, actually), and I think that's pretty hot.

Um, yeah, For Pokemon I hope you mean humans... Top 3: Volkner, Morty (especially HG/SS design), Riley.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I feel disturbed asking this, but who do you guys think are the hottest Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters?
For Fire Emblem, I would say for me either Lyn or Lethe. For Pokemon, I would say either Claire like Ike-sama or Misty. If you mean actual pokemon the only answer is Gardevoir.

Also ManlySpirit, the drawing is utterly amazing, I wish the art was something like that, showing how most people think of Ike.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
For FE, I would say Nephenee with Tiki (Awakening) in second for females, and Ephraim with Chrom in second for males.

For Pokemon, I would say Cynthia for females and Falkner for males.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yusuke Kozaki did the art for the overall game, while Ike's design is by Eiji Kaneda. All the DLC designs have guest artists. Just wanted to point that out. Yusuke Kozaki has been my favorite artist for the series, and I hope he sticks around for the next few games.

@ManlySpirit
cool picture though. I've been working on something that proves the opposite point though, but from your art it looks like youre right.

The best Fire Emblem artist was Senri Kita the one who made the Tellius series, She created Ike what else to say....

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Do you even need to ask?

But to spice things up a bit, I'll give you guys my top four besides Anna(in no particular order).
[collapse="Aversa"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Marisa"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Cherche"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Farina"]
[/collapse]

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

Do you really need to ask? The answer is obviously the bodacious hunk named Walhart, anyone who says otherwise is straight up wrong. Serve him up on a plate, pour some maple syrup on him, a dash of cinnamon... a little powder sugar. Ooooo ma-ma! Now that's a dish right there.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I didn't card for Shadow Dragon's art either, but its follow up on the other hand.... By far my favorite FE art style.

I hope Marth is designed to look like that in Smash 4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My answer would be
[collapse=Sonia]
[/collapse]
Do I even need to explain? That said, I dislike her as a character.

Some others...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm the only one who has a thing for Sully - favorite Awakening girl.

After Sully, my favorites are probably: Nephanee, Lucia, L'arachel, Heather and Panne.

Lethe, Lyn and Marisa are honorable mentions.

Hong

The Strongest
Oh... I suppose I should pick a female character as well.

I suppose Astrid because she looks like me (before my hair was RUINED) with pale skin and I am a complete narcissist. Even down to the derp expression.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Most attractive FE characters?
Er, well...
OBVIOUSLY this is takes the cake.

:troll:

Nah but seriously.
Personally, (and note the PERSONAL part) probably Catria and Lucina (only in artwork though.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sure, I'll bite. If I had to pick, I'd say either Awakening!Tiki or Cordelia. :p

Hong

The Strongest
>.>

<.<

So do you think they have any reason to give us anything in the way of information for new characters? I mean, Olimar was posted for obvious reasons. I would hope that around holiday season they will have another video or two just to remind people that they should care about the Wii U and encourage people to buy one. I just kind of want closure. Even just to see what design they decide on for Marth would make me happy. I suppose realistically we won't see anything until 2014. Maybe if SMT X FE is out before SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm playing the **** out of Sacred Stones lately, and I don't even know why. But I like the game a lot still. Have no desire to replay FE7, or FE6, or any other Fire Emblem game for the matter, but Sacred Stones just sticks on me. Ephraim is madly awesome though. And there are a couple of hilarious units to, as Ross, Lute, Forde (oh ****, Forde, your the Haar of FE:SS :laugh: ), Gerik, Marissa, Innes, L'Arachel and Tana. It's a seriously underrated game.

Then again, I'm playing on Hard Mode.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
:rotfl: ROFL :rotfl: Waifu talk with otakus...

I don't want to be offensive, because it's not my intent at all (I hate fights... :urg: ) but this is why the Fire Emblem fanbase gets no respect from other fanbases (go see the discussion on the roster prediction forums, Fire Emblem is mentioned frequently). When there starts to be serious discussions about characters' chances in the game, it changes conversation into waifus I want to sleep with, waifus I want to marry with, waifus I want to fap to, waifus, waifus, waifus..... And of all things, HANK ****ING HILL IS RESPONSIBLE!!!!! :urg: Get back on topic.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I don't want to be offensive, because it's not my intent at all (I hate fights... :urg: ) but this is why the Fire Emblem fanbase gets no respect from other fanbases (go see the discussion on the roster prediction forums, Fire Emblem is mentioned frequently).When there starts to be serious discussions about characters' chances in the game, it changes conversation into waifus I want to sleep with, waifus I want to marry with, waifus I want to fap to, waifus, waifus, waifus..... And of all things, HANK ****ING HILL IS RESPONSIBLE!!!!! :urg: Get back on topic.
This really wasn't a discussion about waifus. Unless you define waifu as "a fictional character you find attractive."

FE discussion isn't avoided because people find fictional characters attractive, it's avoided because there are so many divided opinions on who should or will be in the game. Lyn, Roy, Chrom, Lucina, Anna, and Robin all have support bases, and discussions tend to get nasty very quickly, as there really isn't one clear front runner. Plus discussion about FE tends to get repetitive VERY quickly(since it's usually the same arguments being brought up all the time).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I don't want to be offensive, because it's not my intent at all (I hate fights... :urg: ) but this is why the Fire Emblem fanbase gets no respect from other fanbases (go see the discussion on the roster prediction forums, Fire Emblem is mentioned frequently). When there starts to be serious discussions about characters' chances in the game, it changes conversation into waifus I want to sleep with, waifus I want to marry with, waifus I want to fap to, waifus, waifus, waifus..... And of all things, HANK ****ING HILL IS RESPONSIBLE!!!!! :urg: Get back on topic.

You're in no position to say that at all, really. And for the record, people generally don't enjoy Fire Emblem discussions in other threads because when they're brought up, people have different ideas of who will get in, and the arguments get heated. It's not for the reasons you stated at all.

EDIT: Dammit, shinpichu...

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

that was the topic. if you don't like the conversation, you can try to change it, or go to another thread.

here's some pics to my picks:
Nephenee:

The best Fire Emblem artist was Senri Kita the one who made the Tellius series, She created Ike what else to say....
She also created Nephenee, so I'll maybe have to reconsider my favorite FE artists.
which remind me of this collegehumor video: female armor sucks
Tiki:

she manages to do a broke back pose: http://thebrokebackpose.tumblr.com/
Ephraim:

Chrom:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom