• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Damn it Deity

Continuing on topic:

On an unrelated note, how do you do "Toggle Spoiler"? I'm new to these forums ~.~
Toggle? Just click/touch the big yellow button that says "Toggle Spoiler." If you want to 'spoiler' something, then do [collapse ] hi [/collapse ] without the spaces.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think these are the best looking characters 2 per game counting after Roy's game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe it's just a thing with female Swordmasters? Lyn's DLC art had tiny feet, too.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Just noticed this, but Say'ri's legs/feet look REALLY small in that artwork. Maybe it's just me....
Maybe she's on her toes? Or maybe her art is just mimicking how she looks in game.

And Hank Hill, I'm just wondering what would Peggy say if she saw you staring at other fictional characters?

@loganhogan: I rather like Ranulf's design, He was the only Laguz I liked. Maybe Senri Kita really is my favorite artist.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Maybe she's on her toes? Or maybe her art is just mimicking how she looks in game.

And Hank Hill, I'm just wondering what would Peggy say if she saw you staring at other fictional characters?

@loganhogan: I rather like Ranulf's design, He was the only Laguz I liked. Maybe Senri Kita really is my favorite artist.

I liked them all :( but Ranulf is my favorite.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I liked them all :( but Ranulf is my favorite.
I didn't mind their designs (they're great) but he's the only one I actually used as an effective unit.

I recently replayed Chrono Trigger, and for RPG's I use the names from other RPG's to name my characters. I started with Ike for Crono, and then that made Elinca for Marle. Micaia got Lucca because she's the starting protagonist for FE10, Soren for Frog since Crono and Frog are best buds. Zelgus for Magus, and Titana for Ayla (6 character limit). But for Robo, I decided to give him the name Ranulf for no other reason than I like the character, because there aren't many similarities between robots and a race that can transform into animals.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skrimir, Neasalla, Tibarn and Caineghis where all awesome to. Especially Naesalla, cause he's a greedy ******* with pretty good character development.

Anyway, am hoping they make a game as huge as Radiant Dawn again. With third tier classes and all. As well as adding freedom of exploration as in Sacred Stones and Awakening. And skirmishes of coarse.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, since everyone's posting pics...

One of my fave females:

[collapse=Titania]

I really like the colour combination on the overall design, and the long, braided red hair.[/collapse]

Forgot to mention these dudes:

[collapse=Camus]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Lewyn]
[/collapse]

Was going to add Lugh, but I think he falls under the "cute" category more than anything.

Y'know, FE debating is cool and all, but after awhile, sometimes being a part of, or just watching heated debates and ****storms gets tiring. FE is a tricky subject when speculating newcomers. Not everyone will be happy with Sakurai's choice in the end. :laugh: :glare: BUT sometimes it's nice to, you know, take things not seriously and just like chillax with topics like these.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, since everyone's posting pics...

One of my fave females:

[collapse=Titania]

I really like the colour combination on the overall design, and the long, braided red hair.[/collapse]

Forgot to mention these dudes:

[collapse=Camus]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Lewyn][/collapse]

Was going to add Lugh, but I think he falls under the "cute" category more than anything.

Y'know, FE debating is cool and all, but after awhile, sometimes being a part of, or just watching heated debates and ****storms gets tiring. FE is a tricky subject when speculating newcomers. Not everyone will be happy with Sakurai's choice in the end. BUT sometimes it's nice to, you know, take things not seriously and just like chillax with topics like these.
Can't believe I forgot about Titania, my favorite Oifey Archetype. Anyways yeah I do like getting away from the Valflame Wars...

Don't feel like uploading pics, so I'll just say some more like Marcia, Astrid, Severa, and Micaiah since no one mentioned her, yet I think.

Also, here's another question, what was your favorite moment in any FE game? Mine would be those special promotions for Lords like Ike.

Hyal

Smash Cadet
I would have to say that my favorite moment of all time was when I finished my first FE. It was one ****ty team, and I was pretty new to games back then, but it was awesome.

Camus has my seal of approval, I forgot about him.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think it's perfectly fine as long as the conversation remains just about the characters that are "hottest." It's a fundamentally unserious topic.
Also, here's another question, what was your favorite moment in any FE game? Mine would be those special promotions for Lords like Ike.
I really got a kick of how Ike promotes to just Lord. It was really satisfying moment. I hope we get more non royalty lead characters in the future.

My favorite moment is when you recruit Jaffar and Nino in FE7. This was back before spoilers about recruiting characters were so common (at least for me). You could still find it out, but there was less of an impulse. I really liked Jaffar despite the fact he killed Leila, with whom Matthew was in relationship with. Nino was hard enough to recruit with all that darkness, and getting over to Jaffar before he gets killed was hard as well. But it's really satisfying to recruit both of them, especially when Jaffar is talking to Nino. Instead of the usual Together We Ride, the music more subtle, and show's how he actually cares for Nino more than himself. You don't get Jaffar after talking to him of course, but in the next chapter.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
:rotfl: ROFL :rotfl: Waifu talk with otakus...

I don't want to be offensive, because it's not my intent at all (I hate fights... :urg: ) but this is why the Fire Emblem fanbase gets no respect from other fanbases (go see the discussion on the roster prediction forums, Fire Emblem is mentioned frequently). When there starts to be serious discussions about characters' chances in the game, it changes conversation into waifus I want to sleep with, waifus I want to marry with, waifus I want to fap to, waifus, waifus, waifus..... And of all things, HANK ****ING HILL IS RESPONSIBLE!!!!! :urg: Get back on topic.
Did any one actually mention wanting to have sex with any of the characters? I'm pretty sure we were just rating them on appearances.
Also have you ever been on the internet? It's like that for literally every fanbase.

Hong

The Strongest
The only thing I am disappointed in is the apparent gravitation towards pantsless characters. Have you people no shame!

Well if it's Marth I suppose that's okay. ◔ᴗ◔

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
another sufferer of the broke back pose: http://thebrokebackpose.tumblr.com/
The lack of Olivia in this discussion makes me sick.
I mean look at that magnificently shattered spine!
I. . . don't see how that's a broken back, honestly, in my martial arts class we have specifically practice pivoting quickly, and we stretch our torsos. I see this all the time, and as a strong burly man can do this myself, it is not unbelievable and you don't even need to be that flexible.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I. . . don't see how that's a broken back, honestly, in my martial arts class we specifically practice pivoting quickly, and we stretch our torsos. I see this all the time, and as a strong burly man can do this myself.
the broke back pose is a meme in american comics. it refers to making a character (mostly female) turn their body so that both their breasts (or breasts) and butt are visible. The problem it's not a pose you do when standing for a picture or about to fight your opponents.

Hong

The Strongest
I. . . don't see how that's a broken back, honestly, in my martial arts class we have specifically practice pivoting quickly, and we stretch our torsos. I see this all the time, and as a strong burly man can do this myself, it is not unbelievable and you don't even need to be that flexible.
As a yogi, i also find it simple enough. More so because she is a dancer and the concept art looks like she is soon going into a step.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
here's my ike redesign of Ike's awakening appearance. I didnt understand why Ike had to be in full armor but Roy got a mix. it's based on his original pose. not finished with the shading yet. not sure when I'll get around to it.
ikenewawakening 001color shade.png

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think I posted this outside the Roy topic, but here is what Japan thinks of each FE game:

From mk2 (the largest Japanese game fan review website):

FE10: Radiant Dawn (overall points of 75, Grade of A)
http://wiimk2.net/title.php?title=227

FE5: Thracia 776 (overall points of 82, no letter grade due to receiving very few reviews):
http://vc.wiimk2.net/title.php?title=540

FE4: Seisen no Keifu (overall points of 75, letter grade of C, curving for letter grades is harsher for VC titles):
http://vc.wiimk2.net/title.php?title=279

FE3: Monsho no Nazo (overall points of 71, letter grade of C, curving for letter grades is harsher for VC titles):
http://vc.wiimk2.net/title.php?title=276

FE9: Path of Radiance (overall points of 73, letter grade of A):
http://gcmk2.net/rpg/fireemblemsouen.html

FE6: Fuuin no Tsurigi (overall points of 78, letter grade of A):
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire.html

FE7: Rekka no Ken (overall points of 78, letter grade of A):
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire2/index.html

FE8: Sacred Stones (overall points of 65, letter grade of C):
http://gba-mk2.com/srpg/fire3.html

FE12: Shin Monsho no Nazo (overall points of 75, letter grade of A):
http://ndsmk2.net/title.php?title=1988

FE11: Shadow Dragon (overall points of 60, letter grade of C):
http://ndsmk2.net/title.php?title=1017

FE13: Awakening: (overall points of 69, letter grade of B):
http://ndsmk2.net/3ds/title.php?title=233

•Col•

Smash Champion
Review of Awakening said:
· Recent epidemic here? Such as adding elements typical Moe do not like, and I feel you do not go in the world of FE has.
What is this?

The Japanese actually didn't like the cliche, animu direction Awakening went with?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
i started this thread at serenes forest, so I was thinking maybe I should ask it here:
What's your favorite death/retreat quote in fire emblem? It doesn't have to be from awakening, although here are all the death quotes from awakening: death quotes.

My favorite is Kellam's: "I-I'm done for... I wonder if...anyone will notice...I'm gone..."
With Anna in a close second: "It's true...what they say... In the end, material possessions mean nothing..."

Both are very sad. makes me sad that we don't get death quotes for everyone (we get retreat quotes for possible mothers and important characters).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i started this thread at serenes forest, so I was thinking maybe I should ask it here:
What's your favorite death/retreat quote in fire emblem? It doesn't have to be from awakening, although here are all the death quotes from awakening: death quotes.

My favorite is Kellam's: "I-I'm done for... I wonder if...anyone will notice...I'm gone..."
With Anna in a close second: "It's true...what they say... In the end, material possessions mean nothing..."

Both are very sad. makes me sad that we don't get death quotes for everyone (we get retreat quotes for possible mothers and important characters).
Tiki's is just sad. :(

Tiki: "I won't have to be alone...anymore..."

Hong

The Strongest
When I got the NA FE13 demo, I tried to play the prologue chapter beating it in the most ridiculous fashions possible, with few of these methods involving use of Frederick.. Of course it should be mentioned I only ever play Fire Emblem games on the hardest difficulty available and anything less doesn't feel engaging. As such, Chrom crying out "G-GCK-GODS..." is permanently ingrained in my head. I will have to give it that one. My friends and I still utter it when we play games together over Skype.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
From FE7, Canas: Ah, it's such a shame... There was so much more I wanted to know.

Doesn't really sound like he cares about his death.:p

The quote may be distorted a bit, as I wrote it from memory.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Tiki's death quote is sad. Chrom's death quote is what happens more often than anything, I wish I didn't get game overs when Chrom dies. :grrr:

Hong

The Strongest
How about Petrine?

"Y-Your... Your Majesty... Forgive me...please... Oh, I don't want to die... So...scared...”

The last bit... really exposes a part of her character you only got a hint of as she spoke with Ashnard. This, combined with the special conversation she has with Soren revealing that she is branded... really shines some light on the fact that Petrine was a very troubled soul. As if she maintains her face and quota to hide her fear and insecurity, a shroud over a painful past of being an outcast to all those around her.

That is the death quote that sat in my head the most. Of course, up until FE12 Lunatic, I could go easily go an entire game without seeing any of my units die, so I wouldn't know what they have to say.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
The funniest death quote is Serra's. When I saw it I laughed and then I felt bad and restarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom